Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Do you find that Firefox is using a LOT of memory & lagging? - If so read this

I use both Firefox and Chrome, but looking at my task manager FF was using more than double the amount of memory, when I had hardly anything running on it. Today it had just BF and a couple of other tabs open & was using nearly all my memory, so I did some investigating & found an interesting claim, which said that Google are adding something into their sites, (such a YouTube, G-mail etc) which, when used on browsers that are not Chrome, cause the browser to run more slowly. Now I am no expert & I have no idea if that is true or not, but I have used Google sites on FF, so it could be possible.

One suggestion was to add this extension to FF: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/restore-fast-theme-of-youtube/  so I decided to give it a go out of curiosity. I had my Task manager open when I installed it & the memory usage for FF instantly dropped from 2470MB to 831MB 

I have no idea how it works, so I can't promise that it will do the same for everyone, but my Farm is now running faster & so is everything else that I have on FF. yeahyeahyeah photo springengif

Comments

• iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Thank you for this great tip. And it works on my old laptop wich runs a W7 with 4Gb memory as a swiss train. 
    When i switched over to chrome and opera the game went slower after about 20 minutes. 
    On the computer i normaly use i don,t have any problemd because i have 16GB memory and C-Clean it everyday.

But for the players with a older but still good working computer this is a very nice tip to avoid angryness about the game speed.

Thanks RwS and may you have a X-Mas
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well.... it's all running good here.  (Imac.)  Not sure if that matters.   I do this game on firefox but an older version.  I flat out refuse to upgrade until I have to.  Their next upgrade forces upgrades onto you without your consent.  I HATE that!  The version I have pops up an annoying window letting me know there is an upgrade every time I turn it on.  But I can click not now and move along.

And I tend to run all three of my farms at once, mostly when the CC is going. AND watch news on youtube all at the same time.
    Hasn't been any lag issues since they first rolled out HTMM5.  My guess there is they didn't have all the code bugs worked out.  Seems they do now.   Even with the stupid puff of smoke animation that many people have complained lags their game, it doesn't seem to for me.

I do run multiple adblockers, pop up blockers, a youtube auto play... none of it seems to be a problem.
    (sure don't miss all the ads.) But I have to wonder if one of those blockers isn't also blocking some crap google is trying to stick on your computer.  Especially for PCs.  All kinds of little dead garbage files get stuck all over the place.  Eventually they will clog up the works.

As for Chrome.... it's owned by google.  And google likes to dig their data mining teeth into everything you touch that is google.   I play a poker game on Chrome only because that game with some past upgrade on their end fixed it so it won't load on firefox.   Only site I use that won't.   And it's the only thing I do in Chrome.  Not much for google to track.   And on that one I do clear the history and cache all the time. 

Anyway wonder what that add on is doing to speed things up?  
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    edited 16.12.2019
    I haven't had any issues either.  I use firefox and have both an older version as well as the latest version.  I usually have 3 windows open and 76 tabs.  lol wow that is a lot even for me. haha.  i watch youtube or play music while playing and watch movies or shows while playing. 

I have an MSI gaming system with win 7.  My other system is an hp with win 10.  I just prefer win 7.

Edit: Meant to mention that I too run several ad blockers and pop up blockers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file