Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 11th - Seek your Fortune with the 2019 Final Update! - Discussion

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well

I will be once again the voice that tries to make you understand how things work

If you suggest something that would reduce their income

What do you think they will do?

Of course they wont listen

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Library Books that you buy on the Viking/NL farms, are no longer showing up for the Festive Farm.  Please fix this before starting the Festive Farm.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    exxy they are reducing there income by not listening. i am not going to buy any more gold on dream world intill they make it worth it again. also you along with them never seem to think or see the big picture. sure if they do something that makes them lose money right away. they might just make there players so much happier that they end up doubling there profit. they have lost millions if not billions already by upsetting there players. there profits could easily be doubled if they would just listen to there customers. for instance the McDonald i worked at  lost money on that place ever single year. they even thought about closing it a couple times. the reason they dont is because even though they lose money on it every year it makes there costumers happy.therefore they are a lot more likely to go to McDonald in the next towns then some other restaurant. so the franchise owners think that the money they lose on that one is worth it because they make more on the other ones because they have a good repoar at that one. also have you never heard the saying you have to speed money to make money? also happy people pay a lot more then unhappy players.

gavinfarms the festive has always been its own books. the viking/northern lights have never worked for festive.so if you want books for festive you have to buy them. which i personally dont think are worth for just 1 time a year.
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    What happened? My fortune teller came and went. There is no fortuneteller on my farms anymore.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Library Books that you buy on the Viking/NL farms, are no longer showing up for the Festive Farm.  Please fix this before starting the Festive Farm.
    Are you saying that the books that are purchased from now on for the viking farm are not showing in the festive farm? All of my handbooks are in both except for the workshop recipes. But I have not purchased any since the festive farm handbooks have appeared.
  • Library Books that you buy on the Viking/NL farms, are no longer showing up for the Festive Farm.  Please fix this before starting the Festive Farm.
    Are you saying that the books that are purchased from now on for the viking farm are not showing in the festive farm? All of my handbooks are in both except for the workshop recipes. But I have not purchased any since the festive farm handbooks have appeared.
    I'm pretty sure that all the handbooks carry over from the viking/northern lights farm to the festive farm except for the products that are different.

Do you have the red flax handbook for the festive farm?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I'm pretty sure that all the handbooks carry over from the viking/northern lights farm to the festive farm except for the products that are different.

Do you have the red flax handbook for the festive farm?
    Yes. That is how it works.

I don't have the red flax handbook but I don't have the flax handbook either. They will probably have to be bought separately because of their different names.
    They are supposed to carry over even if  the names are different.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 15.12.2019
    no the ones with different names on the festive do not carry over and never have. here is the orginal post on it. sence you seem not to rember.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/113931/viking-festive-farm/p2

taken from the CMs post on that page
    "Hey everyone,

you have noticed some issues, surprises and general changes with this event farm already. Let's answer some questions, shall we?

First of all about the books: While it is true that bonuses of these books applied to all winter farms in the past, this was due to their same product pool. Now with the Festive Farm, products have changed slightly and only those bonuses of items that remained unchanged (e.g. fish) should still apply."

• jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Wasted around 50k gold on fortune teller (including gold I got). And now I think its not good at all to play it.
    Getting double gold is a very rare chance. Usually we get those useless feeds or seeds and in higher deviations some tokens.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 16.12.2019
    Glad to see the puffs of smoke as been changed :) much better and not sure but i think the outline around everything as been toned down a bit,
    Yes those glows are much better than cloud of dust.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 16.12.2019
    Well, after having an open mind and playing with the update for a few days, I have to admit I like the new "Drop" style. It's crisp, clear, and easy to read. Kinda has a "3D-ish" look to it, too. :)

The "smoke" while planting I could live without, but it doesn't really bother me.  I can see those with weaker/older computers having issues with the added animations though, especially if you're subscribed and use the Swift Seeder.  Hopefully they'll add a way to turn that off for people that don't like it (or have issues with it).

*Update: Apparently they have changed the Swift Seeder so that it no longer has any of the Smoke animation if you use it. They've also changed it from the "Smoke" style to some little fireworks looking thing.  But at least if you use the Swift Seeder now, your farm won't look like the Fog is rolling into San Francisco anymore. Heck, they could make that a selling point of the Personal Subscription. *Snicker*. :)

The Fortune Teller is just yet another thing in the parking lot that I'll be ignoring. Getting to be quite a few of those, lately.

Really disappointed with the "Christmas WoF". I've saved my WoF tokens all year to (hopefully) use them in the Christmas Wheel, and then they go and change it to a whole NEW token type that nobody has any of, and they control the distribution of pretty stingily.

Not too crazy about the Greenhouse being on the Main Farm, as I use the Turbo Harvester & Swift Seeder extensively on that farm, and I'm rapidly running out of seeds. Need to exclude that from the Swift Seeder like the Laboratory and the Nursery are.  Barnacle being moved to the main farm is Meh. Don't care either way. Need to get rid of the timer on the little side popup menu now, since it's superfluous.

That's my feedback for this update. :)
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    edited 16.12.2019
    why must there be dust storms or stars at all when planting???  You can tell you planted something because the green plant shoots are there.  Why throw in the animation??  It isn't necessary.
  • @jitu7 (IN1) @uksharon (GB1) After this mornings downtime, there should be no further problems with the swift seeder button showing green, when it should be showing blue, so hopefully that will also prevent any more lost gold... Please let me know if you do see it happening again. Thank you :)
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    I truly don't understand why they are calling the fortune teller a fortune teller.  It is my understanding that fortune tellers are supposed to try to predict your future.  This one doesn't say anything at all!!  They should just call it a slot machine, because that's what it is.  You stick your gold in and hope to win big, but probably won't.  I have only played it a couple times and was happy when I stuck in 100 gold and got back 200.  But I won't risk higher amounts, so I will just ignore it until it goes back down to asking for 100 gold again.

It seems, that the first divination of the day always grant 200 gold =)

So you pretty much get 100 gold / daily for now

I <3 her divination! Hope it helps everyone :D
  • Rose1006 (US1)Rose1006 (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    Well it is better with no "dust" but............. I am 60 not 3 so still don't need all the "sparkles" when planting or feeding. Just means my play time will be cut down.  But i do like the drop items as they are so much easier to see now. 

As far as the Fortune Teller......... I find playing her ONCE a day doubles your gold (you get $200 for $100) then I stop. 
    **I am sure the powers that be will "improve" that soon and it will no longer happen** That is what happens every time they improve! Yup still ticked at them "balancing" the DSF 
    I thought that they had decided to fix that Festive Farm books to match.  There was discussion of that at some point.  It is so disappointing that they would still be trying to deceive us all this time later.  They promised, when the books were introduced, that they would work across all winter farms.  That was obviously not true.
    Can anyone tell us....Will the Fish HW event be making a Christmas appearance?
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174

This is doing my head in the white bar at the bottom it covers over my tabs and does not go, it says waiting for facebook.net !! it is only on this game nothing else.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I do believe it will be after the HW event this time around or at least hoping so 
    I do believe it will be after the HW event this time around or at least hoping so 
    I think so as well.

The "harvest all" button, has always worked on the cow community.  Today it does not.  Please fix this.
    You do know, that since we both mentioned that we think the FHWE will be next that we have properly jinxed it. :o  

I wonder if anyone kept the full record of all events since the removal of calendar :)

It would be very interesting to know even if we have a general idea

Village Fair and Fish HW are the rarest occurences :D

I dont think there has been that many CHW too either

In order , CC > HW > CHW > FHW > Fair ( but i think the last 3 are almost similar )

While the first 2 , are almost similar too, in occuring the most =)
  • VF and FHWE are the same, 1 each per FL
    CHWE actually comes are more often then HWE and of course CC is most common.
    In order it goes

CC> CHWE > HWE > FHWE and VF tie for last.

Hm...

Sorry Byron

But you cannot place CHW in front of HWE =o

This is doing my head in the white bar at the bottom it covers over my tabs and does not go, it says waiting for facebook.net !! it is only on this game nothing else.
    I have the same problem.
Sign In to comment.