Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 28th - The Big Farm holiday season 2019 begins! - Discussion

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 08.12.2019
    lol what?

its impossible to not get a gold medal in a FL unless you dont play at all?

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.12.2019
    no its not, many players don't get any gold medals.  Maybe you have not been reading all the complaints about it.  Only 1 in 9 get a gold medal, from each event and then the big golders get 30+ gold medals meaning less gold medal for others.  Just because you always get gold medals, does not mean everybody does. If everybody could get gold medal, then why not remove the stipulation of needing a gold medal to get ranking reward.  GGS also know not everybody gets a gold medal.  I had 1 FL where I had all silver and bronze medals and 0 gold.  After that I decided to do nothing on the first event to ensure I got at least 1 gold on 2nd event.

FL COULD have been great addition to the game only slight modification they need to do were:
    1.  remove need for gold medal for ranking reward
    2.  Season pass able to be purchased with farm $$
    3. more balance number of event, not just CC, HWE, CC, HWE  with 1 VF and 1 FHWE every 42 days (before FL we had these event at least every 30 days)

3 little changes and FL would have been fantastic addition, as is stands now, another event to be ignored
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    no its not, many players don't get any gold medals.  Maybe you have not been reading all the complaints about it.  Only 1 in 9 get a gold medal, from each event and then the big golders get 30+ gold medals meaning less gold medal for others.  Just because you always get gold medals, does not mean everybody does. If everybody could get gold medal, then why not remove the stipulation of needing a gold medal to get ranking reward.  GGS also know not everybody gets a gold medal.  I had 1 FL where I had all silver and bronze medals and 0 gold.  After that I decided to do nothing on the first event to ensure I got at least 1 gold on 2nd event.

FL COULD have been great addition to the game only slight modification they need to do were:
    1.  remove need for gold medal for ranking reward
    2.  Season pass able to be purchased with farm $$
    3. more balance number of event, not just CC, HWE, CC, HWE  with 1 VF and 1 FHWE every 42 days (before FL we had these event at least every 30 days)

3 little changes and FL would have been fantastic addition, as is stands now, another event to be ignored
    one more change, more equitable divisions.  Being the lowest ranked up against people that are HUNDREDS of levels above you, pretty much assures you of NOT getting a gold medal.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    lol what?

Exxy, please bear in mind that a good many players have real lives and aren't playing hours every day. Your playing experience is much different than that of the average player -- the game should be more balanced and reward the casual player as well/
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    The decos in Xmas Wof are some of the ones i Love and wanted from a long time.
    It runs for 25 days ... nice

Kindly increase the number of Xmas tokens offered in events a little bit ... since its Holiday season.

The 160% Primetime is an absolute beast. Combine it with 6 months of Loyalty subscription bonus and you get 180% in total.

Candy cow for 5000 gold ... that offer is something everyone is looking forward too .... add viking ducks to it too, and it will be great.

Did the candy cowshed offer come?
    No
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    No
    Ok thanks. Hopefully they will come soon.
  • I remember someone posting ages ago that maybe there could be a good prize given for being a certain rank, such as rank 888 in the FL or rank 99 and that it would make it more interesting.

i think that this is a very good idea and should be considered seriously with the other options that the FL's rewards have.
    edited 10.12.2019
    Well, There's the evolutive matchmaking

That the more you perform , the harder the divisions you get

And the less you perform, the easier divisions you get

Honestly by day #15 or #20 , if u have taken it very easy, it should be very easy to get a Gold medal

I'd be curious to see overall medals for people who have not gotten a gold medal

And i would love to hear , if someone else have trouble getting a gold medal?

What is your current Overview of medals Byron?
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 10.12.2019
    The decos in Xmas Wof are some of the ones i Love and wanted from a long time.
    It runs for 25 days ... nice

Kindly increase the number of Xmas tokens offered in events a little bit ... since its Holiday season.

The 160% Primetime is an absolute beast. Combine it with 6 months of Loyalty subscription bonus and you get 180% in total.

Candy cow for 5000 gold ... that offer is something everyone is looking forward too .... add viking ducks to it too, and it will be great.

What decorations are you getting from the Xmas WOF? Mine doesnt even have decos as an option when I  spin?

*************PLEASE DELETE I FOUND MY ANSWER***************************
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 11.12.2019
    The second wheel, with the free spin, has TWO segments with a random winter decoration on it.
    I've gotten mostly humus.
    Post edited by GrammaLeah (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    So...here's a "thing".....a very real imbalance developing in the game.

As we get more small cows and small ducks and smaller apples, and more game board space, a problem emerges.  The Lab is not making enough premium stuff, fast enough.  I cannot make enough premium cow feed, premium duck feed, premium fertilizer, etc.  

The batches need to be larger, and the times need to be trimmed a little.  This problem is only going to get worse.

(Yes, I have three of them built, running all of the time.)
    edited 10.12.2019
    @gavinfarms (US1) I said the same thing nearly 1 year ago.   Although my solution was a little different.  Allow more than 1 lab per farm.

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    edited 10.12.2019
    Well, not to be mean,

But the All-Cow or All-Duck strategy is your choice, and is imbalanced itself

Give some love to pigs!! :)

Maybe they will add some more Duck feed or Cow feed reward ( Bet you would prefer premium )

But there has to be a cost  for playing without decorations =)

I know , my words are the devil , but eh , just saying my thought
    Well, not to be mean,

Maybe they will add some more Duck feed or Cow feed reward ( Bet you would prefer premium )

I don't really get how using mostly cowsheds/duck coops is imbalanced? There are no limits to how many of each type of building we can have so I don't really see the issue with it?

I hope not. The feed rewards are always bad but I guess some players at lower levels would find them somewhat useful.

I guess it will depend from player to player but I would still play without decorations even if I could not use premium feed since there is still a reasonable profit though the production costs increase by a bit. Playing without decorations on the flower farm is more difficult though since harvesting buildings like apiaries no longer produce a profit and the profit from the shop is reduced by a lot. It can still be worth it if you are not concerned by the profit and wish to use that extra space for production buildings though.
    So...here's a "thing".....a very real imbalance developing in the game.

As we get more small cows and small ducks and smaller apples, and more game board space, a problem emerges.  The Lab is not making enough premium stuff, fast enough.  I cannot make enough premium cow feed, premium duck feed, premium fertilizer, etc.  

The batches need to be larger, and the times need to be trimmed a little.  This problem is only going to get worse.

(Yes, I have three of them built, running all of the time.)
    My heart says YES ... my mind says NO.

;)

Well, not to be mean,

I don't really get how using mostly cowsheds/duck coops is imbalanced? There are no limits to how many of each type of building we can have so I don't really see the issue with it?

I hope not. The feed rewards are always bad but I guess some players at lower levels would find them somewhat useful.

I guess it will depend from player to player but I would still play without decorations even if I could not use premium feed since there is still a reasonable profit though the production costs increase by a bit. Playing without decorations on the flower farm is more difficult though since harvesting buildings like apiaries no longer produce a profit and the profit from the shop is reduced by a lot. It can still be worth it if you are not concerned by the profit and wish to use that extra space for production buildings though.

Fields give crops ... crops make feed for stables ... stables give dung ... dung makes ferts for orchards ... orchards give leaves ... leaves give humus for fields

Anything out of ratio to a big extent will affect this cycle.

I never keep chicks, goats and donkeys ... this saves me the time to make any feed for all 3 in Mills and Labs.
    Chicks eggs gets replaced by Ducks
    Goats milk replaced by cow
    Donkey dung replaced by ducks and cows dung.

Having lots of co-op apple orchards and cows on MF, almonds and ducks on GF is the way i like it.
    Gives huge dollars.
    lol what?

There are 2 scenarios ..

One player stays red for 40 days .. logs in 2 days before FL ends and finds himself in a league of 8 other inactives ... he sees, HWE going on as the last event of this current FL. he collects 1 field of corn as first box, and logs out and never comes online for next 10 days.

That one field of corn will give him some points and he will be 1st, and get his gold medal.

Now scenario 2 ...

On big servers, there are players who play actively ... but end up getting bronze, glass, wood metals all the time. As every single league they are paired up with better players.

Sometimes these players even get a silver ...
    By the end of FL ... their score board looks like this .... 3 silvers, 14 bronze, 6 glass, 8 wood  .. medals.

Now, they were playing actively, but did not get a single gold ... so ... no ranking rewards for them.

I hope you understood :)
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    Not sure what thread this belongs in, but neither of the recent rewards - the "double" XP for fishing and for production/building/upgrades are not doubling anything.  I should have picked the flag...
  • There is no time or room for excuses but there's allways time for pop ups.
    shame on you BF CREW
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    No issues getting a gold medal here Exxy.............and im not online all day long either, I work, I go out on weekends, I have a life outside this game. I don't used the gold skip function, only gold I ever use is for water towers and library books. I usually end up with over 20 gold medals every FL without a speck of gold being used.......the comment about how only golders can win gold medals is comical!
    Yeah @TMKC (IN1)

I understand your scenario

But then, that person only have to take it very easy the first few events :)

And then out of 14 events total , dont tell me he/she will always be unlucky and never get a real opportunity to get a gold medal?

I'd be curious if anyone is truely affected by not obtaining a gold medal

I understand its possible but it seems extremely low odds
    edited 11.12.2019
    @Exxy (INT1)   if the odds are so low on not getting a gold medal, then what is wrong with removing stipulation of needing a gold medal for ranking reward.  If you have ANY medal then you should be included in the rankings, that is the point and what is wrong with that?  Top players will not sit out the first event, therefor the balancing in ranking will be a it more accurate as players sitting out 1st event end up against lower players 2nd event, making them unhappy, then 3rd event some of the top players get not back and again they are against low ranked players.  Poor low ranked player are copping it bad as if they are always trying, then they are always losing against lot higher ranked players

Remove the gold medal requirement and everyone can go as hard as they like EVERY event, instead of taking it easy as is happening, even you admitted to players taking it easy in events to ensure gold medal.

BTW who are the low level players going to get in 2nd round if they take it easy.  The answer is the high level players that took it easy.  oops still mismatched and not much chance for them.
    Ugh ;o

Why do you have a fixation on that?

That there is a standard of obtaining a gold medal to get end rewards

To motivate people to use strategy or make an effort

If you give everything without requiring anything or no effort it kills the name of the game =)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    there are over 14k players in the US sever that are eligible to play now weather or not they do i have no way of telling.however there are only 2,988 players right now with gold medals. so do you think out of those 14k+ players only 2,988 are actively playing the farmers league?
  • @Exxy (INT1)  without the need to have gold medal, it would become more competitive as players would not have to 'Take it easy" therefore more willing to compete.  Then player would be fighting to get the silver or bronze medal rather then sitting it out.
    Well, with your data

Im sure we could refine it a little bit more :)

I'm sure there is more players with 1 gold medal that all counts as the same rank

So lots of players have similar rankings

+ out of your total players You probably have lots of players not even playing

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Well, the thing is, we aren't being grouped fairly, at least not on the US server, and whether a player wins a gold medal seems to have a lot to do with luck of the draw.  I've seen players work their hearts out one time, and not get a single gold medal, and the next time, walk away with several with the same amount of effort.  I agree that the requirement should be eliminated.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    ya i did not think to look and see how many had the exact type of medals which would be the same rank. and ya i have no idea how many are playing. but i see no reason why they have to have a 1 gold medal rule. there is nothing else in this game that does that. even if they did a 1k or 2k diamond to everyone that did not get a gold medal or something. and you can get unlucky and play and still not get a gold medal. you are supposed to be put with players in your same title. so some players go several events with out playing so they can get the gold medal. so that leaves the ones that dont score well still stuck only getting bronze or silver. but i think the reason you have to get a gold medal is because of the way it is ranked. with it being your title then amount of gold then silver and so on. if they ranked it by title then by overall points. there would be no need to have to have a gold medal which i think is better anyways. i think someone that worked really hard and got all silver should not be lower then someone that got a couple gold then went easy and got lesser medals. cause more then likely it was harder to get all the silver then a couple gold and bronze.
    GGS should change the requirement to having at least 1 medal ... Either gold, silver or bronze.

That will help a lot of players.

Fields give crops ... crops make feed for stables ... stables give dung ... dung makes ferts for orchards ... orchards give leaves ... leaves give humus for fields

Anything out of ratio to a big extent will affect this cycle.

I never keep chicks, goats and donkeys ... this saves me the time to make any feed for all 3 in Mills and Labs.
    Chicks eggs gets replaced by Ducks
    Goats milk replaced by cow
    Donkey dung replaced by ducks and cows dung.

Having lots of co-op apple orchards and cows on MF, almonds and ducks on GF is the way i like it.
    Gives huge dollars.
    Ok. I play in a similar way to that as well but more for events than for farm dollars.

@Exxy (INT1)  without the need to have gold medal, it would become more competitive as players would not have to 'Take it easy" therefore more willing to compete.  Then player would be fighting to get the silver or bronze medal rather then sitting it out.
    But the player would mainly be playing that way to get a larger amount of diamonds right? So they will still presumably get some gold medals along the way so it wouldn't really affect their strategy from what I understand?

Regarding whether the ranking prizes should be given out for any type of medal, I guess it can be a subjective topic. Since it is a ranking prize and you have to rank first within your group once to get a gold medal, it appears to be reasonable to expect a player to get a gold medal once in order to be able to collect the diamond ranking reward (which would be a minimum of 4,000 diamonds, sometimes even more.)

If the players that get similar scores are put together than I presume that a player without gold medals will get easier and easier groups until they get one so I don't think it should be too much of a problem. But that is just my opinion about it.
Sign In to comment.