Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Reduce the clicking.

Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
Dear GG... At some future update or updates... please keep this list in mind.
This game is a clickfest.  TOO MUCH.  It's to the point I just don't want to stick around... getting carpal tunnel here with the non stop clicking.
Don't get me wrong, over all I enjoy this game.  But it's getting out of hand and much of this is fixable or I wouldn't bother posting this.
So...  Please take this list, anything you can or might consider looking at in the future would be awesome.

1.  Right from the start... log in and a PILE... a growing annoying PILE of JUNK appears.
I cannot get it out of my way fast enough and most of it the graphics of what it is aren't even loaded yet before that red dot gets clicked.
I've posted this before, you just keep ignoring it.  But this really is kinda dumb on your part.
Thing is... just like junk mail.  When I have time, I actually like reading my junk mail.  I get catalogs I probably won't buy from but like to look.  And every once in awhile I DO buy something. Unless it flat out annoys me.  Those drop out inserts in magazines for example.  If I have to stop, bend over, (getting harder to do as I get older) pick up some piece of crap off the floor, it goes straight to the trash.  
Also some of these pop ups pop up right while we are playing.  This happens a LOT now.
Particularly annoying if I'm digging through PAGES of my saved decos trying to play around with my farm, find the one I want, grab it, then POOF some horrible lousy pop up makes it go away.  Some of your "hot deal" ones show up EVERY HALF HOUR!!!!!  I clicked it OFF once... NO MEANS NO!  Shoving it in my face repeatedly only makes me more inclined to just turn off this dumb game.

So... you may have a great offer, hot deal or what ever, but if I never see it because it's going straight to the trash, what's the point?   You could very easily put ALL that stuff up on top of the screen with a red explanation mark and I would look later.
And worse of all, stuff I would LIKE popping up in my face, say when some new event just started, that doesn't come up at all. I can't tell you how many days I might have missed out on by not noticing an event started.
kicking a dead horse with this I know... took a whole lot of kicking before our gold lock was installed.  So I have hope.

onto easier things

2. Today I played the wheel of fortune guy.  Now WHY do I use a token, win a treasure box, and inside the box is a token?  Just wasted my time completely.  Total useless waste of time.

3.  The side bar on the left.  WHY do you do this?  I fill something, click it, click yes I want it, have to click it again to see what the next thing is.  WHY?  ONE CLICK people.  Should collect my what ever, and automatically move to the next thing.  No reason I need to click this three times.

4.  Deep sea.  Ya know lately I've just been ignoring the whole thing.  It's the LAST thing I bother with and sometimes not at all.  Reason?   Again all the clicking.  And stocking up a boat?  I rarely do.  I will if there are shellfish pools but that's about all.  Again this is very fixable.
How about letting us stock up a particular boat.  Say I name one clam1.  Stock it up with multiple loads of all the special tools, cooler, people etc.  Stock it well so I won't have to do it every single time.  If it has 10 of each on board, I won't have to reload it's crew for 10 trips.
Also.... how about letting us select more than one ship at a time, and stocking each simultaneously.
Or select multiple ships to send to specific pools.   Save on all that clicking.  It's boring.

5.   Those green coins we win for assorted events.  WHY oh WHY do I have to open it over and over and over... 6 for this, 20 for that, 8 for that.  WHY?  Just put them all on ONE page... you got this for that and so on... ONE click, done.  

6.  you won.... do you want it?   As if we got a choice? Again, this is just useless do nothing clicking.  And what if I actually DO NOT want it?
Example.  Those special seeds used on the gourmet or flower farms.  Since both have events now that I usually don't even notice when they start, and that ask for insane amounts of stuff I can never fill, those get ignored completely now.  Special flowers have virtually ZERO use for me.  And because I have them now, even planting my fields with stuff I WANT involves an extra click because special seeds show up first.  How about by "do you want it" you put a yes or NO button?  This could help your designers figure out how many people are not interested.  Perhaps something needs to be sent back to the drawing board?  
At least give us a way to sell off unused seeds.  At least that would be a prize.

7. Little thing here but it bugs me.  The village fair is on yet again.  People do play this and that's fine, but personally I don't care at all about it.  BUT that pull out thing is now covering the left corner of my farm.   I fold it up but as soon as I click something it might be looking for it pulls right back out again.   
For this and any and all other events, please include an OPT OUT somewhere.  I want that folded up FOR GOOD!  Better still, put that thing up with all the other event trucks and such.  Anyone who wants to look can look.  Without a dumb pull out covering up part of our farm.
BTW you really should fix it so only leaders and deputies can start something.  Every coop I'm in has the same problem with new people starting something the coop can't finish, notes get sent out, time wasted... Just fix the thing.

I could go on but maybe others have stuff to add.

Comments

• BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    I think #6 the do you want it, pop up, is so you see what you won.  Otherwise people might say, they didn't get it. 

Other than that I agree and would add, how about letting us drag a box around the fields we want to plant with a certain seed so we can plant them all at once.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Why cant they put everything we one, up on top, or in a treasure box below like they do when we win an event, your deco goes there, OUT of the way.  We can click to open it and see a list of what we won and for what.  My main point is the thing showing what we won, "do you want it?"  There is no option for no, I actually don't want that.  But you can't play unless you accept.  Even clicking the red bullet to turn the window off still gives you what ever.  So asking if you want it is really rather pointless. 
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Lol your playing the wrong game then as its based on clicking everywhere and everything :D 
    Lol your playing the wrong game then as its based on clicking everywhere and everything :D 
    Yea probably.   My daughter teases me.  Says your just resetting timers.  Kinda takes all the fun out of it then. 

But... I still like my clickfest, only thought some suggestions to make it easier to play would be helpful.  
    Going after the toughest possible event prize this time, clicking all day long but this is not the usual for me.  Typically I have my coffee and play, and if the CC is on might pop on again in the evening before bed.   THAT'S IT.
    After this event though, I will need to just walk away from this for awhile.   If GG could reduce the unneeded need to click everything multiple times it might help keep people playing longer.

BTW... those gift boxes we keep winning?  Like the treasure chests?
    Sometimes I don't even spot those till I have 30 or more in each box.  That's a LOT of clicking.    Why can't we open one, see a list of all the stuff in it, and be done?
    NOT 30 for one treasure box, 10 for another, 2, 4, then the green box 20 yellow`10, purple 2.... It's just nuts. Not to mention those boxes are even slower than the chests.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Why cant they put everything we one, up on top, or in a treasure box below like they do when we win an event, your deco goes there, OUT of the way.  We can click to open it and see a list of what we won and for what.  My main point is the thing showing what we won, "do you want it?"  There is no option for no, I actually don't want that.  But you can't play unless you accept.  Even clicking the red bullet to turn the window off still gives you what ever.  So asking if you want it is really rather pointless. 
    LOL No argument there.  It is redundant.  :)
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I hate opening Theme boxes and mystery boxes ... as i have to click sooo many times to open all of them.
    There should be an Open all button ... for mystery boxes and Theme boxes.

Regarding pop ups ...
    I want apple Handbook ... and im looking for it since weeks now. it must have come, but i may have missed it.
    Why not give a pop up for Handbooks sale ... which lasts for 24 hrs ... and contains a discount on all Handbooks. Every single handbook.
    This way, we can spend our gold on the ones we want. And since this sale will last for 24hrs, there wont be a pop up for Handbook sale every 30 minutes.

The same could be done for HOT DEAL ...
    Give a pop up which lasts for 24 hrs ... and include all the HOT DEALS in it.
    If players see a Hot deal they wanted to buy, they may actually buy gold.

Favourite offers ...
    Again a 24 hrs long Offer which gives all one kind of offers in 24 hrs ..

These 24 hrs Pop ups will be looked at by players more.

You can give the Primetime offers just for 30 minutes ... that is fine.

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    There is a player in my co-op, and she has bought gold and wants to buy handbooks.
    But she isnt getting the handbook offer she wants .. so that gold is just lying in her account, as she is waiting.

Since the gold is still there, she isnt buying any more gold.
    But if she gets the handbooks she wants to buy, she will spend it and then buy more gold for something else.

So basically, GGS, you are giving these constant pop ups, but not allowing players to spend their gold where they want. And thereby, stopping them from purchasing more.

The lesser gold a gold buyer has, the more frequently he will purchase.
    If GGS doesnt offer a gold player ways to spend his/her gold, their purchases of gold will be delayed.

I hope GGS gives the 24 hrs all deals at once pop up, rather than these short pop ups ...
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 11.12.2019
    I hate opening Theme boxes and mystery boxes ... as i have to click sooo many times to open all of them.
    There should be an Open all button ... for mystery boxes and Theme boxes.

Regarding pop ups ...
    I want apple Handbook ... and im looking for it since weeks now. it must have come, but i may have missed it.
    Why not give a pop up for Handbooks sale ... which lasts for 24 hrs ... and contains a discount on all Handbooks. Every single handbook.
    This way, we can spend our gold on the ones we want. And since this sale will last for 24hrs, there wont be a pop up for Handbook sale every 30 minutes.

The same could be done for HOT DEAL ...
    Give a pop up which lasts for 24 hrs ... and include all the HOT DEALS in it.
    If players see a Hot deal they wanted to buy, they may actually buy gold.

Favourite offers ...
    Again a 24 hrs long Offer which gives all one kind of offers in 24 hrs ..

These 24 hrs Pop ups will be looked at by players more.

You can give the Primetime offers just for 30 minutes ... that is fine.

I saw the discount offer for the apple handbook earlier today around 6-7 hours before your post. Some handbook offers are very hard to find though, especially the viking farm offers.
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    My biggest gripe are all the Exclamation marks in the parking lot. They irritate me to no end as I have to click on each event to make them go away. Change farms and they are back again! Reduce the size of them by 50% at least, we are not blind. It's pure visual pollution.

I agree completely on the treasure click fest.   They added an auto spin to the wheel of fortune guy some time ago.  It's GREAT!  An auto open for these would be great too.

As for their "hot deals."  EVERY HALF HOUR?????
    NO means NO!   I didn't want it a half hour ago I won't want it now.
    It's in the way, it makes me mad to have to click it OUT of the way over and over.  
    This will  not make a sale.   Put the "not so hot deals" up on top, or in the parking lot or somewhere.   Let people who want to shop, shop.
    Same for the library.  I would LOVE the idea of a sale and you get to pick what you want.  HEY GG might even buy more than one at a time.
    Think about it, does a big store run a sale and only put ONE item on ONE shelf? 

But.... instead of doing any of the above, or even responding to this, instead everything on my farm farts when I plant or feed.  
    Seriously?   How does this help game play here?  Useless animations with zero purpose.  And it's a good guess that not one person ever asked for fields to go poof when planted. 

GEES GG!!!!!

ENOUGH with the constant  POP IN YOUR FACE JUNK~!!!!!! 
    It's damn annoying.

HOT DEALS.... EVERY FLIPPING HALF HOUR?  
    THEY ARE NOT THAT HOT!!!!!  NO MEANS NO.  
    No was no a half hour ago,  it's no now, it will be no forever!
    Now with the hot deals is your gold sale?   AGAIN NO MEANS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sticking that in my face EVERY HALF HOUR will NOT change my mind on blowing real cash on this game.
    NO!
    Where is the check box for "DO NOT SHOW ME THIS AGAIN?"
    WHY can't you put ALL your sales into one building in the parking lot (I believe you did create one.) 
    PUT YOUR SALES AND LUKE WARM DEALS IN THERE!
    Someone looking for one can find it any time. 

The CC is on.   Couldn't you at LEAST put all that aside during this one event?
    Trying to rake another persons fields today and again, find the tool, POP UP.  Poof it vanishes.  Repeat.
    Do you EVER TEST this game with real game play yourselves?   Try it!

BTW... trying to place some new barn somewhere, dig it out of my prizes, go to place it, no need to rotate it, POOF.... my level in the last mission I was in and the barn vanishes!   DAMM IT! 
    THIS HAPPENED TWICE IN A ROW!   
    Maybe you could find a way to suspend ALL pop ups while someone is actively doing something?

I WAS going to go another round tonight, but know what?  Turning off your endless string of useless garbage just isn't that fun.  
Sign In to comment.