Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Northern Lights Farm - Discussion

Comments

• Since I have some books my numbers may be off, but isn't the seal farms a little hard to run?????  If I were going to specialize in one item it would be trees. You can easily make enough fertilizer for it with a couple of seals and it harvests hourly. The wood sells for the same price as the seals. Maybe a combination of the two would be better because then you don't need to pay for the feed with your earnings. I'm changing my temp farm around to find out.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Since I have some books my numbers may be off, but isn't the seal farms a little hard to run?????  If I were going to specialize in one item it would be trees. You can easily make enough fertilizer for it with a couple of seals and it harvests hourly. The wood sells for the same price as the seals. Maybe a combination of the two would be better because then you don't need to pay for the feed with your earnings. I'm changing my temp farm around to find out.
    Since it costs 8,999 runestones to feed a seal pond, anything you earn over that is a profit. Excluding the level 7 handbook, each handbook level increases the profit by 6,840 runestones compared to the previous one. I have a level 4 seal handbook so I'm getting a profit of 63,961 runestones when I harvest a level 2 seal pond. I have 20 of those and a level 3 and a level 4 seal pond. They give a profit of 1,441,342 runestones per harvest when you take away the cost of the feed so I think it is very difficult for the tree groves to produce a larger profit than that.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    No watchtower received at the wheel of fortune just now..  It's broken again.
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    same for me too
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    And me :(
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    2 Lookouts and a workbench for me  :neutral:

If we are lucky, maybe we will get them before the Island ends.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    No watchtower received at the wheel of fortune just now..  It's broken again.
    elb (GB1) said:
    same for me too
    And me :(
    2 Lookouts and a workbench for me  :neutral:

If we are lucky, maybe we will get them before the Island ends.
    Submit a request to support. Hopefully the sooner they know about it the sooner it will be fixed & credited
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Since I have some books my numbers may be off, but isn't the seal farms a little hard to run?????  If I were going to specialize in one item it would be trees. You can easily make enough fertilizer for it with a couple of seals and it harvests hourly. The wood sells for the same price as the seals. Maybe a combination of the two would be better because then you don't need to pay for the feed with your earnings. I'm changing my temp farm around to find out.
    Since it costs 8,999 runestones to feed a seal pond, anything you earn over that is a profit. Excluding the level 7 handbook, each handbook level increases the profit by 6,840 runestones compared to the previous one. I have a level 4 seal handbook so I'm getting a profit of 63,961 runestones when I harvest a level 2 seal pond. I have 20 of those and a level 3 and a level 4 seal pond. They give a profit of 1,441,342 runestones per harvest when you take away the cost of the feed so I think it is very difficult for the tree groves to produce a larger profit than that.

That's an interesting approach to the farm, Ninja.  Since I'm on the US server, I can't come take a look at your farm --  Could you post a screenshot of it?

How many fields does it take to support 22 seal ponds?  How many runestones do you make during an event?  How many workers?  How much happiness?
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    well there are a lot more stuff to figure in but for the ones that will have a silo and seals i think sheep are actually best. here is my math please tell me if wrong
    level 1 seal with no book gets 900 seals they sell for 38 runs and take 8 hours so.
    900x38=34,200 runestones for 8 hours
    SHEEP
    you get with no books and a level 1 600 every 4 hours so in 8 hours that is 1,200 and they sell for 36 runestones so
    1,200x36=43,200
    so i think if you were already doing some seals and added a silo having more sheep then seals would actually profit you more. 

so i personally sense i am doing the chapters have decided to have more sheep then seals. also if you have the silo and some seals the sheep dont cost you extra.

That's an interesting approach to the farm, Ninja.  Since I'm on the US server, I can't come take a look at your farm --  Could you post a screenshot of it?

How many fields does it take to support 22 seal ponds?  How many runestones do you make during an event?  How many workers?  How much happiness?
    This is my northern lights farm:

It has 22 seal ponds. Twenty at level 2, one at level 3 and one at level 4. So they give 27,300 seals per harvest plus an extra 3,960 per handbook level (excluding the level 7 handbook.) I have the level 4 seal handbook so they give 43,140 seals per harvest. I think the maximum number of seal ponds you can fit in is 27 but it is only worth it if you have a level 5+ handbook.

Since they are sold at 38 runestones per seal, I would get 1,639,320 runestones from that harvest. However, I also have the cost to purchase 10 premium seal feed for 8,999 runestones. So the feed costs 197,978 per harvest so the final profit per harvest is 1,441,342 runestones. They can be harvested three times per day so that is a profit of 4,324,026 runestones per day.

If you use gold to set up the farm then it gives a huge head start. Even if you just use it to place down quite a few seals and upgrade them over time it still gives a large boost. From my calculations, I think I would have collected a profit of approximately 110-115 million runestones from this temporary farm and about 130 million on the rankings page.

No fields are required because the premium seal feed can be bought from the trader directly which allows even more seal ponds to be placed.

This is the happiness:

But it actually doesn't matter, because I buy and use the premium feed so there are no production costs once the farm is set up.

This is the amount of workers:

I could have left one house at level 3 but I forgot about it at the time and upgraded the last two houses at the same time.

I hope that helps give some information about that strategy. It's working very well when combined with the ability to purchase northern lights duck coops for 7,900,000 runestones each.
    but would you be better off having 1 field especially if you play a lot? just to grow flax on so that you could get more WWC points and so you could use the shop to get more WWC points?
    well there are a lot more stuff to figure in but for the ones that will have a silo and seals i think sheep are actually best. here is my math please tell me if wrong
    level 1 seal with no book gets 900 seals they sell for 38 runs and take 8 hours so.
    900x38=34,200 runestones for 8 hours
    SHEEP
    you get with no books and a level 1 600 every 4 hours so in 8 hours that is 1,200 and they sell for 36 runestones so
    1,200x36=43,200
    so i think if you were already doing some seals and added a silo having more sheep then seals would actually profit you more. 

so i personally sense i am doing the chapters have decided to have more sheep then seals. also if you have the silo and some seals the sheep dont cost you extra.
    I will have to do some more calculations, but from what I have so far, a single sheep pasture can give more than a seal pond presuming the sheep pasture is harvested five times per day (I think six is impossible because of sleep.) But the extra worker becomes a problem when you try to get enough sheep pastures to be able to replace some of the seal ponds to get a silo to fit in. And when you buy the premium fertiliser the profit of the seal pond works out better. I will have to check some more things later on like how it copes at level 2+.

but would you be better off having 1 field especially if you play a lot? just to grow flax on so that you could get more WWC points and so you could use the shop to get more WWC points?
    I don't really know if it would give more WWC points but for me the main goal of the farm is to maximise the profit of runestones so I don't really see any reason to decrease that for some extra WWC points.
    but a sheep is also max 17 workers and a seal is 28 but you did most level 2 so a level 2 sheep is 11 and seal is 14 so that would save you 3 workers but it also saves you 8 squares too and a max silo is 30 workers and 40 squares so if you switched 10 seals to sheep you should have the workers and the space for the silo unless i did something wrong. also a sheep takes 4 hours so if you have the repter it is very possible to collect 6 times cause you would only have to collect every 8 hours.also because it only takes 4 hours it also costs less gold to speed up.
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    did not receive my deco from bonus spin on temp farm WOF
  • Wheel didn't give me the Viking Lookout I won in the jackpot.
    Did not get mine either.
  • RowdyRac said:
    @jitu7 (IN1)

The Wheel has been fixed now so that any decos you win from now on will be awarded correctly.
    Regarding the ones you won in the past but did not get, the announcement says that they are "planning a compensatory payout".  There should be more information later as to what this compensation will be.
    Here we are on the 2nd December and the Northern Light farm is still not giving out the decoration rewards.
    THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE HAS NOT BEEN FIXED.
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    The fix is done, but the lost deco's haven't been awarded. And how about the extra amount of dollars I have paid because I couldn't increase the happiness? No answer to that yet.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    We have just been informed that compensation for the latest Northern Lights WoF deco issue (which was repaired again during the downtime earlier today) will start soon.
    Affected players will be informed by a compensation popup window!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    but a sheep is also max 17 workers and a seal is 28 but you did most level 2 so a level 2 sheep is 11 and seal is 14 so that would save you 3 workers but it also saves you 8 squares too and a max silo is 30 workers and 40 squares so if you switched 10 seals to sheep you should have the workers and the space for the silo unless i did something wrong. also a sheep takes 4 hours so if you have the repter it is very possible to collect 6 times cause you would only have to collect every 8 hours.also because it only takes 4 hours it also costs less gold to speed up.
    It appears that the higher level sheep pasture can work better than a higher level seal pond. But some issues are that you have production costs for those sheep pastures (though it is not that much) and the extra amount of time it would take to upgrade the sheep pastures to be able to collect more than the seal ponds.

And you can't collect them six times per day unless you give up your sleep because as you said you need to harvest once every eight hours, but that will leave you will less than 8 hours of sleep unless you use gold to speed it up and then that is a very bad cost to have to pay. But six harvests is definitely very useful for the sheep pasture.

The main issue though is if all this gold is spent to get it to match up with the seal ponds, a level 5 seal handbook could be purchased and you could use a layout with 27 level 1 seal ponds and that will give the largest amount of profit without having to spend any gold/extremely little gold to maintain three harvests per day. But with the sheep pastures, you are going to need a handbook for that as well and the extra worker at level 1 combined with the requirement of a silo will not allow it to be able to compete with the seal ponds. That is why I think that the sheep pastures are not as practical as the seal ponds.

Yes, thank you Rowdy, I did get my NL deco compensation.   <3

@ninjahuman (AU1) I just want to say that though I am impressed with your thinking about having only seal ponds, you have less than 70 Mil points.  If you took a more balanced approach you might have somewhere in the neighborhood of 152+ Mil points as does the top US1 player in the NL Farm.  It is just a matter of perspective, my opinion.
    Thanks. I did not come up with the strategy but it has been working very well.

I think that is mostly because that player would have most likely used a lot of gold to skip production or used seaweed products to improve their ranking but I cannot find a way to improve the runestone income without using a large amount of gold/seaweed products.
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    What compensation did the players got?
    They got their decos back or something else.......?
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 03.12.2019
    I got 2 workbenches and 1 lookout.
    No room for them now, as I bought new ones, but I got them.
    Edited because I cannot spell correctly this early.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 03.12.2019
    The free Northern lights farm 2nd build slot is not working today

edit to add this

I logged out then back in and it worked :)
    Post edited by CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) on
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Many, many thanks, Ninja!
    I'm going to give this a shot the next time it comes around.
    If you or ijrosh (US1)  come up with even better ideas, PLEASE post them.  :smile:

--Buddy

ninjahuman (AU1) said:

• I'm missing the house  in prize 25 this is the second time that has happened on a temp farm also just now I did not receive 15,000 moons from the wof in DW. Really getting to be a cheating me out of game
    Many, many thanks, Ninja!
    I'm going to give this a shot the next time it comes around.
    If you or ijrosh (US1)  come up with even better ideas, PLEASE post them.  :smile:

--Buddy

ninjahuman (AU1) said:

You're welcome and all the best. :)

I'm missing the house  in prize 25 this is the second time that has happened on a temp farm also just now I did not receive 15,000 moons from the wof in DW. Really getting to be a cheating me out of game
    I think that reward just gives an appearance that can be used on a house in the main/gourmet/flower farm. I'm not too sure what would have happened with the copper moons though.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 15.12.2019
    quick question.  Does the Northern lights finish earlier than normal or is the trader leaving before the end? @WascallyWabbit
    quick question.  Does the Northern lights finish earlier than normal or is the trader leaving before the end? @WascallyWabbit
    That is a good thing to spot. From my estimates, it will leave a few hours before the end of the northern lights farm. I hope that won't happen since it would be good to be able to spend our runestones for a bit after the temporary farm ends.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 15.12.2019
    clocks both showing finishing same time a few hours earlier than normal.  Trader leaves as soon as temp farm finishes

Sign In to comment.