Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 28th - The Big Farm holiday season 2019 begins! - Discussion

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Have to agree with @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) on this event. It has caused way more trouble & heart ache than it has ever been worth all the work to do it. I say dump it all together, give us a break during this busy time.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Sorry @TMKC (IN1), but I must vote No on the Christmas preparation event.

It is not the best event for co-ops with low level players.
    It makes more work for members to cover those that cannot stay long enough to complete their orders.
    It runs for 4 weeks and by the 2nd week most of us just can't stand it any more.

Please keep that event in mothballs where it belongs.

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!  Poorly designed and a huge headache with lousy payoff.
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    I also agree, the Christmas preparation event was just too much.  With all the hustle and bustle that revolves around Christmas we don't need more stress added.  The event requires way too many items and it is mostly the higher ranked players doing most of the work. Then the higher ranked players must spend the rest of the week trying to replenish their inventory before the next chapter starts.  Then there is the stress of wondering whether a player that has been offline will sign on at the last minute leaving everyone scrambling to try to get their list completed.  

We need fun, stress-free events during the Christmas holidays. I would rather have several 2 or 3 day events than an event that lasts a month long. We need a game that we can sit and relax with, not a game that stresses us out more.

Even the GGS staff goes home to relax and spend time with family and friends during the Christmas holidays (for about 3 weeks), so please don't expect us to toil til the wee hours of the morning just to help increase GGS's Christmas bonuses.  We have families and friends that we would also like to spend time with.  
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    ROFL!  rsny, this is HILARIOUS!  I almost fell out of my chair.
    So, exactly HOW does this Speedy Grower work?
    You click it and it uses gold to skip ALL crops?
    I don't see how that's useful either to the heavy wallets (gold buyers) or to people who don't buy or spend much gold.

So what is next.

A run my farm for a month and buy gold as needed button??

All we have to do is pay the credit card.    No farming needed.

• The big thing I really hated about that event, was you would get a player start their list with 1 day or less to go and then you either failed that week or others had to waste all there stock to cover them or gold or weed.  It was an awful event.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i loved the event they just refused to listen to players and make the major changes to it it needed. like instead of making it what a individual player needed make it what the coop needed and have the whole coop donate to it instead of the player.that way no mater whether a player logged in or not would not matter. and they could still base the over all needs of a coop based on the members levels and size of coop. that also would make it more of a coop event.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    A nice Holiday season event would be the Happy Horse Trainer :) that would make me very happy.
    A nice Holiday season event would be the Happy Horse Trainer :) that would make me very happy.
     I know. We asked for him to make his usual summer appearance, but we were  totally ignored.
  • When will the festive farm begin? The current temp farm is running another 14 days, but I can see where you're selling gold books that cover the same stuff plus Santa hats, wreaths, trees, and reindeer carvings. Is the current farm going to change or just add another with the DF and the NL farms? If you aren't going to do it then please take those books away before people waste money on them. Happy holidays.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Advent calendar is BORINNNGGGGGGG ....
    Can't agree with you more TMKC :(
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939

This is Christmas Decorated ....   hmm

• Lillie2 (AU1)Lillie2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1
    I wish they hadn't moved the greenhouse; now it has to be rebuilt, and I think I lost the crop I'd left growing there overnight.
    I had no problems, still with what I left in it overnight, no re-build needed, however, in the way on MF which is now overcrowded as others have commented

• BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    When will the festive farm begin? The current temp farm is running another 14 days, but I can see where you're selling gold books that cover the same stuff plus Santa hats, wreaths, trees, and reindeer carvings. Is the current farm going to change or just add another with the DF and the NL farms? If you aren't going to do it then please take those books away before people waste money on them. Happy holidays.
    I haven't seen books for the viking, northern lights or festive farms.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 02.12.2019

This is Christmas Decorated ....   hmm

Nope. Same ole, same ole. Not  a Christmas decoration or token to be seen. They can't even start the correct version. Not holding out much hope for the Christmas events again this year. 

• Everything is wrong with the updates!
    Unfortunate for my coop, 
    I am currently at level 69.
    I refuse to take part in the Championship.
    How can I get points that are worth my time and hard work if I am always placed between 100-300 levels?
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Two things in the update .... Inventory inside Barn and Speedy Grower
    How many players use these two ?
    Also,
    Kindly give Xmas tokens in next compensation .....

• walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    where is air festive i not remind when she is here, missed a good event festive about 2 years, last year was a poor december, i dont know if also this year is poor.   I need a good event festive i hate same event all time :( 

Everything is wrong with the updates!
    Unfortunate for my coop, 
    I am currently at level 69.
    I refuse to take part in the Championship.
    How can I get points that are worth my time and hard work if I am always placed between 100-300 levels?
    I have the same problem and the same thing occurs with the Farmer's League as well.
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Does anyone know if we are doing the Christmas preparation event this year.  I really liked that event. The whole co op played. Or when other Christmas events will start ?

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    For those interested, don't miss out on Santa's Throne available in the Build Menu until Christmas. :)

Only one of the set I'm missing now is the Post Office.. Hope to get that on the Wheel if/when it pops around. :smile:

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Does anyone know if we are doing the Christmas preparation event this year.  I really liked that event. The whole co op played. Or when other Christmas events will start ?

I certainly hope not. That was one of the most poorly designed events we've ever had, and caused SO many arguments in Co-Ops and made people leave them. And then if someone started the event 5 minutes before the end of it, it would make the entire Co-Op fail the whole event..

We're better off without it.
  • Michele Leach (GB1)Michele Leach (GB1) GB1 Posts: 101
    edited 03.12.2019
    Where is the reindeer today is it having a lie-in his cosy bed   well he is up now on the MF
    Post edited by Michele Leach (GB1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I found him next to the market today @Michele Leach (GB1)
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Wish Santa's wishlist would make a return. 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    When will events get Christmasy?
    One drawback to having the Greenhouse moved hasn't been addressed:  The impact on events. The only way many of us could collect enough doves and invitations for the Wedding Planner event was to quickly harvest lowest level seeds with all that greenhouse seaweed that piles up.  Granted most skip this event, or just do it once in awhile, but now it will be impossible for some players to complete.  Another reason to skip the event entirely.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

These buttons should be placed more far apart from each other, it is far too easy to hit them by mistake  

PCA (GB1) said:

These buttons should be placed more far apart from each other, it is far too easy to hit them by mistake  

You mean that is not the intent? :o
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Guess what, there is a BUG with the funnel, cannot add boosters it wont let you !!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Coop HW  ------------------   Booster buttons do not work for individual or coop.
Sign In to comment.