Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 28th - The Big Farm holiday season 2019 begins! - Discussion

Comments

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    that is the part you are missing. less time people cut a lot of time off so again like i said before if a 9 hour with cooler gets you 100 but with out cooler and less time takes 3 hours but only gives 40 fish that is 40x3=120 which 120 is 20 more then the 100 also you get WCC point for sending it out 3 times instead of 1. so yes 40 is less then 100 but in the long run 120 is more then 100. and i also dont think you know how to tell how many fish you will catch before you send it out. a skip jack level 1 fishes for 1 hour 30min it has a storage of 55 and has 5 people and travel saved 15min .so when you add coolers you add to the storage so the one that starts at 55. when you add more fish people you add to the fish caught the number that starts at 5. when you add less time people you add time to the -15min. so no matter what the boat fishing time will always be 1 hour 30min. so if you want to know how many you will catch you take the fishing people number and times it by the time. so if you start with 5 people and the boat is 1 hour 30min that is 7 fish you will catch because you get 5 for the hour and 2 for the 30min. now as for the less time each pool takes so long to get to you have to look at the pool for that number so when you add them. it makes you return time much faster. for example my max trawler takes 5 hours 39 min to the closest tuna pool with nothing on it. and takes 2 hours and 45min with just 4 less time people. and because i did not add anything else they both would catch the same amount but the less people saved me a lot of time.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    edited 30.11.2019
    that is the part you are missing. less time people cut a lot of time off so again like i said before if a 9 hour with cooler gets you 100 but with out cooler and less time takes 3 hours but only gives 40 fish that is 40x3=120 which 120 is 20 more then the 100 also you get WCC point for sending it out 3 times instead of 1. so yes 40 is less then 100 but in the long run 120 is more then 100. and i also dont think you know how to tell how many fish you will catch before you send it out. a skip jack level 1 fishes for 1 hour 30min it has a storage of 55 and has 5 people and travel saved 15min .so when you add coolers you add to the storage so the one that starts at 55. when you add more fish people you add to the fish caught the number that starts at 5. when you add less time people you add time to the -15min. so no matter what the boat fishing time will always be 1 hour 30min. so if you want to know how many you will catch you take the fishing people number and times it by the time. so if you start with 5 people and the boat is 1 hour 30min that is 7 fish you will catch because you get 5 for the hour and 2 for the 30min. now as for the less time each pool takes so long to get to you have to look at the pool for that number so when you add them. it makes you return time much faster. for example my max trawler takes 5 hours 39 min to the closest tuna pool with nothing on it. and takes 2 hours and 45min with just 4 less time people. and because i did not add anything else they both would catch the same amount but the less people saved me a lot of time.
    You are working with a lot of 'ifs'  and assumptions on how many fish you 'might' get.  When you pick your crew it will show you at the bottom how many fish per hour.

This here:
    for example my max trawler takes 5 hours 39 min to the closest tuna pool with nothing on it. and takes 2 hours and 45min with just 4 less time people. and because i did not add anything else they both would catch the same amount but the less people saved me a lot of time.
    Where are the fish caught numbers for comparison?

Edit:  I just sent out 6 level 1 skipjacks to a nearby pool and will post results when they come in

boat 1 - 5 hrs 45 mins - nothing on it ---- 7 fish no loss
    boat 2 - 3 hrs 21 mins - 4 Ian's the reduced time guys --- 7 fish no loss
    boat 3 - 3 hrs 21 mins - 4 Ian's and 3 coolers --- 7 fish no loss
    boat 4 - 3 hrs 21 mins - 2 Nancy's 4 Ian's and 1 cooler --- 31 fish no loss
    boat 5 - 3 hrs 21 mins - 2 Nancy's and 4 Ian's no cooler -- 31 fish no loss
    boat 6 - 3 hrs 21 mins - 3 Nancy's and 4 Ian's no cooler -- 39 fish 4 loss

*Had to send 6 boats since none had Nancy's minus Lisa, but adding Ian's

Seems to be a wash.  Just using speed reducers is not the best or fastest way and using coolers with just speed reducers is not the best way. You get the most fish, the fastest way using 'fish caught per hour people' (Nancy) and 'speed reducers' (Ian's) together.
    I'll give you the no cooler aspect, but i knew just using speed reducing people was not the best or fastest way. Just using speed reducers gives you a very bad return on fish and with fishing, the numbers brought in do matter.
    You may have very little money invested with just speed reducers, but in this case, you really do get what you pay for. Garbage in, garbage out.
    Post edited by BigSparty (US1) on
    never mind i give up you really dont understand how boats work. and i cant seem to explain it in a way you understand. but the fish for the last one would be exactly the same all i did was add less fish people so would not change base number of fish caught. just the time it takes for the boat to come back.. a level 6 trawler fishing time is 2 hours and 45min and starts with  15 fish per hour so they would both catch  41 fish. but the one would take 5 hours 39min to come back and the other would take 2 hours 45min for the same amount of fish.
    We'll see, when my boats come back if coolers matter or not.  Numbers don't lie.
    nether does knowing how to do the math to figure your numbers either lol.
    Oh I can do the math all right, this is about coolers being useful or not.  Remember?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    If you keep  cutting the Dream World prizes and you keep it this short (two weeks).....people are not going to bother with it.  For the diamonds that it claims that I will receive, it is hardly worth it.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Overall, They reduced diamonds by 75%

Instead of getting easily 10k diamonds in 1 day or less

You now get 2500 diamonds in 1 day or less :) its not too bad , it was way too generous before

The emphasis needs to be on making experience and leveling

Btw The side tasks now gives more Tokens , it was 2/4/6 , it is now 3/6/6 , So an extra 3 tokens per chain

Also Daily Tasks gives MUCH more XP now

At level 21+ , A Daily task gives 100k XP , it used to be 20k

Also, Last step of a Chain ( Aka upgrading a field to level 9 or stable to level 9 , still award high number of diamonds ) 

So dont let the first few steps discourage you! :hushed:

And would u like to join our Coop Crazy? :)) ha ha

:D

• VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    @ijrosh (US1) Wow.  You spent a lot of time trying to explain that.  So sorry the person didn't understand you.  I always struggle to explain the DSF area to the newer players in my co-op.  It is so much more complicated than it needs to be.  It takes forever to type it all out in chat.  So many players assume they need to load up on the specific fishing poles, traps, etc.  They are amazed when I tell then that the boat will bring back whatever is in the pool without the equipment.  But even after playing for years, I don't think I necessarily have worked out the best strategy for DSF, so it is always interesting to hear how other people tackle it.  Thanks for sharing!!  :)
  • Mariann (INT1)Mariann (INT1) INT1 Posts: 55
    Well.... in 2 days I collected a "huge" number of diamond 855! wow.. if I keep playing for two weeks I might have 2000! isn't that great? Oh and the ranking... at 6671 I get almost nothing, and I played all day yesterday and today, how I see it is almost not worth to play it, it took a lots of clicking just to get that worthless 855 diamonds, about levelling up, I don't see as a good thing, ok you get money, at the end you just lose it, getting nothing for it, what good things do you get on WOF? not much, certainly not diamonds,
    But if it is working for some people...... good for them!
    I think where the differences in playing come in, is in what you are fishing for as in, WWC, FHWE or just fishing for contracts.  I generally fish for the FHWE and contracts and NOT the WWC.  I only recently realized that there are two approaches to the FHWE, one to get in the top 50 to get a GML, which seems to be the major prize most people want, and the fish to get all the rewards approach to getting the GML at the second to last prize.

I hope to eventually see if you can get both GML's, but I think I need bigger boats for that, since I have only managed to get the 1 GML, one way or the other and not both GML's.

So, there is no right or wrong way, its about what you want from the event that determines the way you fish for it.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Yeah @BigSparty (US1)

Once you fish enough

You can do the whole FHW on herring, and still reach the last GML ( unless u really have a late start )

:)
    Yeah @BigSparty (US1)

Once you fish enough

You can do the whole FHW on herring, and still reach the last GML ( unless u really have a late start )

:)
    I tried that last time and ran out of herring and had to go after other fish.  I still collected all the rewards and my GML.  My co op leader tried it too, but even with her fleet of maxed trawler's she too ran out of herring and had to go after other fish. She wanted top 100 to get the gold box.  I usually get karma in the gold boxes so its kind of meh to me.

I'm not sure what to do next time, because when i would get top 50 and get the GMLs, I was still under FXP 56 and now that I am in the FXP 56-1100 group, I may have to rely on getting the GML via the collecting all rewards approach, at least until I can build or upgrade trawlers.
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I find myself not doing the side quests for the DW anymore, because WHAT IS THE POINt.  The diamonds are not worth it.  AND why buy gold anymore?  I did buy gold but I am now so disappointed in the DW and I am not motivated because of the changes.  Just to have my farm destroyed in 2weeks then see my gold go down the toilet so quickly.  The diamonds have been reduced, the time has been reduced.  The DW has become a nightmare....All I am doing is treading water.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    So, exactly HOW does this Speedy Grower work?
    You click it and it uses gold to skip ALL crops?
    I don't see how that's useful either to the heavy wallets (gold buyers) or to people who don't buy or spend much gold.

Unless I'm missing something about how it works (yeah, like I'm really going to spend 1700 gold just to check it out!) I must insist that I have some way to DISABLE the stupid and potentially costly thing completely.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @buddy194 (US1)   @FarmerCli (US1)

Doesn't the Gold lock prevent you from spending if you accidentally hit that button?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    @buddy194 (US1)   @FarmerCli (US1)

Doesn't the Gold lock prevent you from spending if you accidentally hit that button?
    Thankfully, yes.
    Since I hardly spend any gold (and I know where most of the "gotcha's" are) I never enabled my gold lock.  But now I have it set to block anything over 50 gold.  At least I won't be "gotcha'd" into wasting thousands, but I'd rather not have the hassle at all.

Please give us a disable option for the Speedy Grower.
    The gold lock isn't 100% fool proof.  I had mine on and set to 1, and got burned when a pop up appeared while i was harvesting.  So, you still have to be cautious.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It's quite disappointing that we're not able to use our tokens on the Winter WOF. I had been saving some up for it. :(

And yes, I don't really see the point in this feature if it skips every single building. Though I do not have the subscription so I'm probably not the target audience for the feature. :(

I don't know who will use the feature at that kind of price though.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    The update seems to have brought back the bug on the island ......no deco to be found after turning the WoF.
    I guess someone forgot to include the fix in the update
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    you are right kimmiecat, no decos on the island from the WOF

very disapointing

• "The advent calendar event and Santa's wheel are coming back to your farms, with a few twists!"

What twists?  Advent is the same story it's been for the last two years. Also likely has the same bug at the end it's had for the last two years as well. 

• iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

"The advent calendar event and Santa's wheel are coming back to your farms, with a few twists!"

What twists?  Advent is the same story it's been for the last two years. Also likely has the same bug at the end it's had for the last two years as well. 

Yes we have now a farm on snail-speed with tomorrow again a C-C comming up. I asume they fix it as they did with the rewards. So they won,t fix it,in its best we get a insulting sorry package,but this will last untill after the Holidays and we all know WHY. GGS needs to pay out the x-mas bonus to their underqualified developers in this game. So lets play a lot of events with more bugs than ever in it. And for the braggingrights the players buy more gold. No Way GGS not this time. Not a cent,not a penny you get from me even when you pass a 1000% extra gold offer. My wallet stays hermeticly closed untill your more or less useless company will get their act together and let run this game good.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    No twists in the Advent Calendar at this stage....the same boring story with the same boring rewards. The same FL event overload continues >>>> CC hardworker event>>>>>CC>>>>>another hardworker event>>>>>another CC............lack of imagination, bugs everywhere, pop-ups everywhere, another feature ruined by GGS greed (Winter wheel of fortune).......wake me when its over.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    So, exactly HOW does this Speedy Grower work?
    You click it and it uses gold to skip ALL crops?
    I don't see how that's useful either to the heavy wallets (gold buyers) or to people who don't buy or spend much gold.

Unless I'm missing something about how it works (yeah, like I'm really going to spend 1700 gold just to check it out!) I must insist that I have some way to DISABLE the stupid and potentially costly thing completely.

So what is next.

A run my farm for a month and buy gold as needed button??

All we have to do is pay the credit card.    No farming needed.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Give Christmas preparation event.
    That event brings cooperation in co-op. 
    It is also fun to complete.

Will tomorrow CC be Christmas decorated with new Xmas tokens as rewards ?

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Advent calendar is BORINNNGGGGGGG ....
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Sorry @TMKC (IN1), but I must vote No on the Christmas preparation event.

It is not the best event for co-ops with low level players.
    It makes more work for members to cover those that cannot stay long enough to complete their orders.
    It runs for 4 weeks and by the 2nd week most of us just can't stand it any more.

Please keep that event in mothballs where it belongs.

Sign In to comment.