Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard work event another screw up!

Yeaaah,

Another screw up, players wo where offine at end normal Hard working event and come online now to start fishing Hard work event have already gained millions of points in the ranking... The first one on the NL-1 server has 14 million points within 1 minute..and the rest about 3 till  6 million..afcours also in the Farmers competion..

Get ride of this Farmer Competition it ruines everything!

Comments

• japefi (CZ1)japefi (CZ1) CZ1 Posts: 573
    Yes, big mistake in this event - first 22 has milion´s in 50 minut´s.
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    Not even compensated for the last bug.. and now another bug and so on and on and on...

This happends All since the beginning of the Farmers Competition, it's become a totally unfair part of the game..

You will be rewarded for being offline during end and start of events! 

• geniegenie US1 Posts: 1
    Its not even clear HOW to fish for Herring. Could someone explain how to do this. New to game.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    genie said:
    Its not even clear HOW to fish for Herring. Could someone explain how to do this. New to game.

Herring are caught in the deep-sea fishing area. You have to have the Dockyard open in order to build boats to fish for them. Here's a link for more info.....

https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/dockyard/equipment_and_crew.htm
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    genie said:

In order to be able to catch fish for the hard worker event you need to open the fishing area on your farm.  In order to do that you first need to finish all of Olegs taks.

Here is the list of the tasks

https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    @genie Deep sea fishing is a long term project so prepare for that. As suggested above, read the links provided and you will be very well rewarded financially.
    The last fishing task of having 4 x L6 trawlers does not happen overnight so complete as and when you can as it is no "biggie". Most players here win enough L1 trawlers during FHWE, over time and in the FHWE event, with very low level motorboats.
    Google "Dockyard Calc2_2.xlsx" and use it as not only is it a great teacher it saves you a lot of time and wasted money.

• sally2016 (GB1)sally2016 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    QUESTION???   Wouldn't it be a good idea if all fish were available. Yet again, needed oysters and need shrimp but where are the fishing holes?? I have dropped from place 35 to 100 because of these items not being available to fish.  I agree with others this is very unfair to run this event, especially when products cannot be obtained.  With the HWE we can plant and harvest products required.  Please sort this.  Thank you.
  • sally2016 (GB1)sally2016 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    QUESTION???   Wouldn't it be a good idea if all fish were available. Yet again, needed oysters and need shrimp but where are the fishing holes?? I have dropped from place 35 to 100 because of these items not being available to fish.  I agree with others this is very unfair to run this event, especially when products cannot be obtained.  With the HWE we can plant and harvest products required.  Please sort this.  Thank you.
    I know some would say "you can use gold to skip".  Oh yes of course I can, but I don't want to get myself in debt to play a game that is "advertised as free".  Besides spoils the game by buying your way through. 
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 22.11.2019
    Yeaaah,

Another screw up, players wo where offine at end normal Hard working event and come online now to start fishing Hard work event have already gained millions of points in the ranking... The first one on the NL-1 server has 14 million points within 1 minute..and the rest about 3 till  6 million..afcours also in the Farmers competion..

Get ride of this Farmer Competition it ruines everything!

What GGS is going to do about this, there is nothing to be bothered about, if you start at 0 points.and other players already have between 14 and 3 million points,
  • Mariann (INT1)Mariann (INT1) INT1 Posts: 55
    Same here... All week I had nothing but lobsters, now FHWE is asking for lobsters, I did not have a single lobster fishing hole since FHWE started, I am not about to use gold, it seems to me we can't finish almost any event without of using gold, what makes me upset is that the rewards that we work soo hard for, and we don't receive it,
    This game is becoming more and more demanding to spend gold,
    I might just have to give up, :'(
  • sdduk (US1)sdduk (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    edited 24.11.2019
    what i would like to know is how you can fish for 2 days without sending a boat out? but still getting loads of points its cost me 4 thousand gold to try to keep up and now i have run out of fish...something is not right here i am thinking of packing this game in just costing to much now. 
    Post edited by sdduk (US1) on
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    yegods - I added lobster to the silo this morning when I got on and the timer dropped from ~1 day to 38 minutes!
    I figured it might drop to 12 hours or so but that's crazy!

Is that LARGE of a drop normal?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @GrammaLeah (US1) sadly it is normal.  the best fish for long time is tuna and herring. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 23.11.2019
    yegods - I added lobster to the silo this morning when I got on and the timer dropped from ~1 day to 38 minutes!
    I figured it might drop to 12 hours or so but that's crazy!

Is that LARGE of a drop normal?

Yes, that's normal for Lobsters.

Collect up to 783 Lobsters, and you're OK - you'll sit at 9 PPS for 39 hours (ish).
    Collect 1 more, which makes 784, and you'll go to 10 PPS and drop to 38 minutes.

Salmon, Cod, and Swordfish are similar, you'll go from 4-5 hours to 4-5 MINUTES once you cross the 10PPS threshold. Tuna, Herring, Clams, Shrimp & Oysters are the "Safe" ones to go to 10 PPS with and still keep hours and hours on the clock. (You can do the entire event with nothing but Herring or Tuna, if you wanted to).

That's not to say that Lobster, Salmon, Cod & Swordfish aren't beneficial; they're good in the sense that you CAN go to 10 PPS, get your +1 Bonus Point, and you don't have to wait for hours and hours for the clock to run down (or having to use the SKIP button).. Some people like to get as many Bonus Points as they can as quickly as they can, and these fish can be a good way to do that. :)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Wow...
    I assumed it would go down quite a bit, 12 hours would have been expected, but to 38 minutes was a shock.
    Thanks for the information !
    Am saving a screen capture for next time

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It would be helpful if we could hover over the silo to see how many fish it would take to kick us into the "you nerfed yourself" level. Right now, there is no way of knowing when you can add a little more safely.
  • @artful (US1) What do you mean like this?  It is already there.

• fatcat (GB1)fatcat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    edited 23.11.2019
    @JVD (US1),so pleased to see Rudolph out and about! I have been told to watch out for him.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I haven't seen Rudolph.
    @fatcat (GB1) LOL, thank you... love my rudolph sig!!! and yes, watch out!!! :)))
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 24.11.2019
    Hi all,

How are there players with 2-11mil points in the FHWE if the max pts/sec that I can achieve is 11?

is there a booster to increase the points above 11/sec? at my current rate, I will need 5+ hrs than the FHWE runs for to earn the GML, but if there is a way to earn more than 11/sec (I need 13/sec) then I may be able to earn the GML. Please, how do these players have so many points, how do you earn more than 11 pts per second?

thank you.

edit: thank you ninjahuman and Southern!
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Hi all,

How are there players with 2-11mil points in the FHWE if the max pts/sec that I can achieve is 11?

is there a booster to increase the points above 11/sec? at my current rate, I will need 5+ hrs than the FHWE runs for to earn the GML, but if there is a way to earn more than 11/sec (I need 13/sec) then I may be able to earn the GML.

Please, how do these players have so many points? how do you earn more than 11 pts per second?

thank you.
    You have to move onto another fish and get that completely filled to get another bonus point. And then you can repeat that until you have enough bonus points and then try to find a fish to run for a long period of time. Sometimes you cannot always get the bonus point because of the inconsistency of whether that type of fish is able to be collected or not. I only got one salmon pool within a time period of over 36 hours which did not allow me to collect a bonus point from it even though I usually collect far more salmon then that.
    @artful (US1) What do you mean like this?  It is already there.

I meant before you nerf yourself and the pps. You can reach Level 10 on some of them, maybe have it running at 11 or 12PPS, but you don't know how many more you can add until you reach the drop dead zone.
    Hi all,

is there a booster to increase the points above 11/sec? at my current rate, I will need 5+ hrs than the FHWE runs for to earn the GML, but if there is a way to earn more than 11/sec (I need 13/sec) then I may be able to earn the GML.

Please, how do these players have so many points? how do you earn more than 11 pts per second?

thank you.
    To expand on what Ninja said, there is no "Maximum" points per second (PPS) that you can achieve.

Every time you reach 10 PPS with a fish, you get a bonus point (+1).

Reach 10 PPS with Swordfish, get a +1. Do it again with Salmon, get another +1 (for a total of +2).. Do it again with Lobster, get another +1 (for a total of +3).. I've seen people with +17 bonus points and running at 27 PPS. (Yes, I'm sure it cost them a fortune in gold to get that high, with all the skipping fish & speeding up harvests that would be required). :)
    @artful (US1) What do you mean like this?  It is already there.

I meant before you nerf yourself and the pps. You can reach Level 10 on some of them, maybe have it running at 11 or 12PPS, but you don't know how many more you can add until you reach the drop dead zone.

Hmm.. I guess I don't understand the question either, then.  The screenshot shows exactly how many fish are needed before you hit the "Drop Dead" zone of 10 PPS (180 Lobster, in the case of the screenshot), so you know you can afford to harvest another 179 Lobster before you hit 10 PPS and drop from 39 hours to 38 minutes..
    @artful (US1) once you hit lvl 10 on a fish, it won't show you anything til you move on to another fish...then it will show what you need for each lvl. the point is to keep getting your + bonus which is when you hit lvl 10 for that round. If you don't want to get "nerfed" don't go to lvl 10 for whatever fish til your time is running out, then go to 10, get bonus and if a good fish like tuna, keep adding and your time will increase...
    JVD (US1) said:
    @artful (US1) once you hit lvl 10 on a fish, it won't show you anything til you move on to another fish...then it will show what you need for each lvl. the point is to keep getting your + bonus which is when you hit lvl 10 for that round. If you don't want to get "nerfed" don't go to lvl 10 for whatever fish til your time is running out, then go to 10, get bonus and if a good fish like tuna, keep adding and your time will increase...
    Yes, I know it won't show anything when you reach level 10. I was posting that I wish it did --  you sometimes can add a little more to make the bonus run longer. If you have something running at 12, and you add a couple more fish it can either add to the time you have left, or drop you like a stone from hours to minutes. It would be nice if we knew exactly what that number was.
    JVD (US1) said:
    Yes, I know it won't show anything when you reach level 10. I was posting that I wish it did --  you sometimes can add a little more to make the bonus run longer. If you have something running at 12, and you add a couple more fish it can either add to the time you have left, or drop you like a stone from hours to minutes. It would be nice if we knew exactly what that number was.
    Once you reach Level 10 on a particular fish, the time does not drop any more. It's already dropped all it's going to; any fish harvested at that point only ADD to the time that particular fish will run. Granted it might only be 2 seconds per fish (like with Cod, Salmon & Swordfish), but it won't do another massive drop like going from 9PPS to 10PPS does.
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file