Home General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Mismatched Missions - Unfair?

11618»

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,461
    Me, too. I don't think level matters -- some throw gold, some won't.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,880
    edited 21.11.2019
    It is not about level, it is about the formula working how it suppose to and how we have been told for long time it is SUPPOSE to be working.  It is NOT (GGS has admitted it is not working correctly).  The way it is SUPPOSE to work, if you are against golders or lot higher level players that harvest a lot EVERYBODY in that mission should be getting more than if all low level players.  A mission where everybody does a lot means everybody gets a lot more RP.  This also means if it was working correctly, the reasons for shelving all the time would reduce as it would better for everyone to do as much as possible to get more points.  What happens now is we go in see who is there, if a big golder we skip as no point in doing much and save our big harvest for a mission that has more chance to win.  If the formula was working CORRECTLY it would be beneficial for all and improve the mission to no end.  This way low level players and non golders feel there is at least some point in doing mission and not being walked over all the time

The only thing I disagree with the way it is SUPPOSE to work is the player who comes last gets 0% of the bonus, this should be 10% otherwise again they may as well been in a solo.  Also the low level player or non gold user is going to get the 0% bonus most of the time.

here is the post to how the formula is SUPPOSE to work, these are not my numbers they are from GGS.

Each player in a mission gets RP based on their own score & then, in addition, each (except the one in last place) also gets a % of the total RP earned by all the players. 

Any players with 0 score are eliminated, so a mission of 6 players where 2 players have 0 score, will count as a mission of 4 players, with the 4th place player being "last".

The % of the total RP that each player earns, varies depending on the number of active players in the missions:
    2 players = 100% - 0%
    3 players = 100% - 50% - 0%
    4 players = 100% - 90% - 10% - 0%
    5 players = 100% - 90% - 40% - 10% - 0%
    6 players = 100% - 90% - 80% - 20% - 10% - 0%

So as you can see, it is definitely much more beneficial for lower level players to be drawn again those with much higher scores & even big gold users, as long as they do not come in last place.

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,246
    It is not about level, it is about the formula working how it suppose to and how we have been told for long time it is SUPPOSE to be working.  It is NOT (GGS has admitted it is not working correctly).  The way it is SUPPOSE to work, if you are against golders or lot higher level players that harvest a lot EVERYBODY in that mission should be getting more than if all low level players.  A mission where everybody does a lot means everybody gets a lot more RP.  This also means if it was working correctly, the reasons for shelving all the time would reduce as it would better for everyone to do as much as possible to get more points.  What happens now is we go in see who is there, if a big golder we skip as no point in doing much and save our big harvest for a mission that has more chance to win.  If the formula was working CORRECTLY it would be beneficial for all and improve the mission to no end.  This way low level players and non golders feel there is at least some point in doing mission and not being walked over all the time

The only thing I disagree with the way it is SUPPOSE to work is the player who comes last gets 0% of the bonus, this should be 10% otherwise again they may as well been in a solo.  Also the low level player or non gold user is going to get the 0% bonus most of the time.

here is the post to how the formula is SUPPOSE to work, these are not my numbers they are from GGS.

Each player in a mission gets RP based on their own score & then, in addition, each (except the one in last place) also gets a % of the total RP earned by all the players. 

Any players with 0 score are eliminated, so a mission of 6 players where 2 players have 0 score, will count as a mission of 4 players, with the 4th place player being "last".

The % of the total RP that each player earns, varies depending on the number of active players in the missions:
    2 players = 100% - 0%
    3 players = 100% - 50% - 0%
    4 players = 100% - 90% - 10% - 0%
    5 players = 100% - 90% - 40% - 10% - 0%
    6 players = 100% - 90% - 80% - 20% - 10% - 0%

So as you can see, it is definitely much more beneficial for lower level players to be drawn again those with much higher scores & even big gold users, as long as they do not come in last place.

This won't create an issue where a player at a higher rank in the mission will get more than a lower ranked player from the extra harvest right? Otherwise then sometimes there will be no point in harvesting extra when the player above you is in a cooperative a few ranks above yours and it helps their cooperative more than it helps your own. If that does not happen then it sounds good.
    ninjahuman @ au 1
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,880
    edited 21.11.2019
    I think the way it is suppose to work would be fair to all if they get the formula correct.  Except the 0% as that is when the lower level player or non golders is going to be worse off.  The high level players and golders will still get benefits from this as they should as they did a lot more in the mission, but the low level player will be better off in a mission against high level players and not low level players or solo as then they will also get more in comparison (which is the entire reason for it).  This is how is suppose to have been for years.  Not my formula.  I do agree with it tho and the person who worked it out did well, it just was not implemented into the code properly.  As I have said many time through this thread the 0% NEEDS to be changed to 10% and therefore the other %age changed slightly as well.

my suggestion would be:

2 players = 100% - 10%
    3 players = 100% - 50% - 10%
    4 players = 100% - 90% - 30% - 10%
    5 players = 100% - 90% - 40% - 20% - 10%
    6 players = 100% - 90% - 70% - 30% - 20% - 10%

It also means if you post a 0 then you get 0 points but stay and harvest a little and you will be better off as long as the 0% is increased to 10%

Sign In to comment.