Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Northern Lights Farm - Discussion

Comments

• GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
    edited 17.11.2019
    In the Nordic server there are many players who have almost exactly 5 million points in the Northern Lights farm already from the beginning. Almost 350 players, so there must have been a mistake. Can you give those extra points to all the players of the Nordic server so the situation would be equal to all, we all appreciate extra points :)))
    Post edited by GOO (SKN1) on
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    I'm missing the pine forest and a cult stone for clearing land.
  • danial7 (GB1)danial7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    not a nother mess up now body could have got those point in the time we have being playing when are you going to sort thing out for a change and get it right is that to much to ask
  • I am guessing that none have gotten the cult stone for building a house. I didn´t get it either.

Clearing land I got the Runecircle and Ancestral Tree so far. Went for those two first. Not tried Cultstone or Pine Forest yet.

No cult stone for building house, did get the pine forest.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I ranked 7th on the Viking Farm. My 5M bonus did not transfer to the Northern Lights Farm for me but it has for many others. This is not fair at all, it is a bug.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I ranked 7th on the Viking Farm. My 5M bonus did not transfer to the Northern Lights Farm for me but it has for many others. This is not fair at all, it is a bug.
    It only transferred for the players that participated in the viking farm but did not log-in between the end of the viking farm and the beginning of the northern lights farm.

I'm not entirely sure how this will affect the rankings, but it shouldn't affect the top 10 rankings because I don't think any of those players got in the top 10 last time and they do not appear to put as many resources/as much effort into the northern lights farm as other players are putting into it. They will probably affect the top 50/100 ranks though.
    It only transferred for the players that participated in the viking farm but did not log-in between the end of the viking farm and the beginning of the northern lights farm.

I'm not entirely sure how this will affect the rankings, but it shouldn't affect the top 10 rankings because I don't think any of those players got in the top 10 last time and they do not appear to put as many resources/as much effort into the northern lights farm as other players are putting into it. They will probably affect the top 50/100 ranks though.
    It shouldn't be an issue at all and could have been avoided by running a different temp farm in between.   The excuse I saw posted was the weather change blah blah.... well as pointed out in a different thread, those in Australia are getting ready for spring not winter.  Besides the groundhog day effect of doing essentially the same farm twice in a row.
    It shouldn't be an issue at all and could have been avoided by running a different temp farm in between.   The excuse I saw posted was the weather change blah blah.... well as pointed out in a different thread, those in Australia are getting ready for spring not winter.  Besides the groundhog day effect of doing essentially the same farm twice in a row.
    It is still possible for it to be an issue if the player does not log-in until a temporary farm with the runestones currency returns.

Personally, I don't mind too much if the temporary farm is the same. This one has awesome rewards so I am happy to play it but I know some other players would prefer to play the others.
    I haven't been here for the festive farm before but I read that that is this same farm? 
    I haven't been here for the festive farm before but I read that that is this same farm? 
    Yes, except I think the handbooks for the workshop recipes do not work on that farm. I think everything else is almost identical.
    I don't have any handbooks for viking, northern or festive.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The Festive Farm is the same regarding mechanics, but you make holiday items and grow a few different things.
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    I have not received the decos for clearing land either. Not one event runs as it should anymore.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 18.11.2019
    This new farm along with viking farm is totally useless.  All a lot of players are doing now is spending a heap of gold on the 1st day building lots of seals and not actually doing anything  (they is say this is great, it is only great if you are gold buyer) well it is not.  This is not doing a temp farm.  They totally ignore the side tasks no thought, no logic required, just the fastest to buy gold, upgrade farmhouse and bank and build lots of seals.  What fun is that after day 1 or 2 just sit and do the seals 2 times a day, only need to do 2 times a day as they just use repeat harvest.  These need to be re balanced.  The premium seal feed need to be x 10 the cost of it (to 89,990 rune stones).  The mill needs to be adjusted to be able to make enough feed (mill can not make enough feed unless you buy books).  The sale prices of goods made in workshop needs to be fixed.  These are totally out of balance and who ever did the balancing has no idea at all what they are doing. 

I really don't think when they designed this new farm all it was suppose to do was be a seal farm and nothing else, but that is exactly what was created.

BTW this time I am also building just a seal farm, but not using any gold.  I refuse to waste gold on temp farm that is going to be gone in 1 month for some WoF tokens.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I agree that the seal strategy is a little too rewarding :)

I'm even doing it , i guess it could be tweaked down a little

I like doing it differently , Ive noticed we get lots of dung too

I might try a strategy with lots of Wool! :)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Has there been any word on the missing decos?
  • Mariann (INT1)Mariann (INT1) INT1 Posts: 55
    edited 19.11.2019
    Has there been any word on the missing decos?
    This is what I got from them:
    (WiseWing: contest removed - please do not post any emails between support and yourself literally. You may post it with your own words)

Well.... I think this is not good enough, why would we want the deco when the temp farm is over?
    Post edited by WiseWing (FormerMod) on
    This new farm along with viking farm is totally useless.  All a lot of players are doing now is spending a heap of gold on the 1st day building lots of seals and not actually doing anything  (they is say this is great, it is only great if you are gold buyer) well it is not.  This is not doing a temp farm.  They totally ignore the side tasks no thought, no logic required, just the fastest to buy gold, upgrade farmhouse and bank and build lots of seals.  What fun is that after day 1 or 2 just sit and do the seals 2 times a day, only need to do 2 times a day as they just use repeat harvest.  These need to be re balanced.  The premium seal feed need to be x 10 the cost of it (to 89,990 rune stones).  The mill needs to be adjusted to be able to make enough feed (mill can not make enough feed unless you buy books).  The sale prices of goods made in workshop needs to be fixed.  These are totally out of balance and who ever did the balancing has no idea at all what they are doing. 

I really don't think when they designed this new farm all it was suppose to do was be a seal farm and nothing else, but that is exactly what was created.

BTW this time I am also building just a seal farm, but not using any gold.  I refuse to waste gold on temp farm that is going to be gone in 1 month for some WoF tokens.
    You know that you can purchase a northern lights duck coop for 7.9m runestones right? In my opinion, it's quite a good deal to spend some gold to be able to collect a decent number of those buildings.

I'm not a gold buyer but I'm still taking advantage of it and I'm currently using all the gold I earn to get early construction done and for using the repeat harvester (since I do not have the subscription) to collect as many duck coops as possible. I only know of one other player that is using seal ponds only on the AU server and they are a gold buyer but I do not know about anyone else apart from him.
    Not to be mean...

But you are not missing much with that deco ( to be honest )

You can build one in 50 minutes for 35k Viking Dollars if u want

But if u use decorations there

its much more efficient to actually use the Pine Forest :)
    edited 19.11.2019
    @ninjahuman (AU1) my statement has nothing to do with the players, it is about how poorly balanced it is.  Mills don't produce enough ( they can't make enough feed to feed the what is asked for on tasks) things made in workshop no profit and then the seals have huge profit with no effort.  compared to penguins which premium feed costs EXACTLY the same but produces a loss.  These 2 new temp farms are so far out of balance it is not funny and need to be balanced properly by someone who know what they are doing.

If players want to gold to get more rune stone and take advantage of this total unbalance that is fine.  I am taking advantage of it as well but not using any gold.  I need no more little ducks in fact I have 1 in storage that is not being used.
    Well, Byron, I played the last Viking farm the normal way , with chapters and side tasks :)

My mill could support 11 penguins ( pretty tightly )

It also gave me about 50M Runes :)

We'll see how many runes Ill get this time, because I'm doing seal only ( i expect a lot )

But yeap I understand how easy it is to do it with seals :tired_face:

Maybe double the cost of the Seal Feed or reduce the value Seals sells by maybe 20-40% 

But its not bad, to keep alternative of it being worthy by playing seals alone , for people who are busy, and work a lot etc :)
    edited 19.11.2019
    the only way to support 11 penguins is with books.  without books it supports 4 at max level with no seals (by the end it ask for 5 penguins and 2 seals, can not even support that without books) @Exxy (INT1)   I have done calculations already with no books, very little cash input at the start and no gold just building seals I will make over 50M PROFIT for the month, expecting total of around 90M rune stones.  If it is not out of balance then why is it not the same or close for penguins.   These are flawed and by a long way.  I will continue to take advantage of this error, even tho I KNOW it is totally wrong and a GGS error. 
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    edited 19.11.2019
    What? Why would u even produce seal feed :S

I think i have level 1 or level 2 handbook for penguin feed ( its not that much )
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I received it, and it put me on the reward list at the 15th reward as though I had already gotten the earlier ones.
    I didn't.
    edited 19.11.2019
    @Exxy (INT1) to produce enough feed for 11 penguins you have to produce 110 feed per hour.  The mill at highest level only produce 40 per hour.  To get to 110 per hour you will need at least level 6 handbook and that costs a lot of gold.  level 2 book LOL.

mill runs at 10 per 15mins at highest level
     level 6 handbook is +16

(10+16)x4= 104 you are still 6 short of keeping up feed  What are you really trying to prove how far out of balance these new temp farms are.
    edited 19.11.2019
    Well, I just looked back , i have level 2 handbook for penguins its 8 per 10, so it gives way more

Actually the first Penguin handbook is excellent 
    +6 Feed , And its probably not even 500 gold :)

So kinda worth it if u want to play a little bit penguins :)

I think if i remember correcly from last run

My Mill was producing 198 Penguin feed every 2h45 or something like that

But on the other hand, Fertilizer was extremely easy to produce this round :)

Its just different , even if its not perfect :D
    edited 19.11.2019
    lol 198 per 2.45hrs divide that by 2.75 for feed per hr which is 72 per hr there is no way that keeps up feed for 11 penguins at 110 feed per hr.  This really show how far out of balance this is and you MUST buy books to be able to play, which is totally wrong.
    or for 0 gold just build seals and you will make at least 2 times more rune stone and cost far less farm $$ as after it is built it cost nothing.  These temp farms are so far out of balance it is not funny.  GGS needs to fix.  You will find out by the end how easy it is just to do seals no gold and lots of profit.  When they adjusted this they gave the Maths to the wrong person a person who does not play the game or understand maths at all.
    Im confuse with your point ... :.)

Yes, its difficult to feed a lot of penguins if u dont use handbooks for that

But its like anything, Some ressources or events are more efficient with handbooks, Some are not :)

Maybe, they planned, that nobody would be able to run 10+ penguins :)

Maybe, They will adjust next run :)

Thats why we're sharing our feedback here
    edited 19.11.2019
    but we mentioned this exact point last run and as per normal GGS does nothing happened.  you can't make enough feed and the stuff made in workshop makes no profit.  But they still ran this with the exact same numbers as last run.

It is up there with fixing the formula for CC RP calculation, they said 1 year ago that it needed fixing and 12 months later nothing has changed and that is even after they admitted it is not correct
    Hm, You are a bit stuck up, Byron

Its not because the way YOU want to play isnt perfectly balanced , that they have to balance it right way

When they do changes,  Its never instant like you expect them to be :)

Sometimes, you have to accept, that they have decided to go with certain things, and thats part of the game
Sign In to comment.