Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hey GG, snowy background this year???

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    the solution is easy let players who want snow buy the background and they can use if they want to.  By making it a gold sale, you soon find out who really wanted it.
    Or, they could let those who don't want snow to buy gold to have it removed. Then you'll soon find who really doesn't want it.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 05.11.2019
    I hated the muddy dirt snow, I complained about it, I was never around for the full bright snow, but that is what I asked for. I was disappointed that others had complained and gotten it removed. When they removed snow entirely, I felt guilty for complaining about the muddy snow. But, that is my opinion: I want the full bright snow that I never got to see; I don't want muddy snow, or no snow at all.

People playing with eye issues are a minority compared to those without. People playing in Australia are a minority compared to US (Why couldn't it be applied to only the one server?). Whether the people with good eyesight who live in the US and want snow outnumber everyone else (including people with good eyesight in the US who don't want snow)? Who knows. Maybe make a poll?

And of course, having the option to toggle on or off would be the best solution.

Or, if GGS has already made a decision, they should let us know what it is; OP has a very good point, if the snow is never coming back, I would want to delete my decos as well.

edit: @Byron Longford (AU1) I personally reject your suggestion, as have others, and I don't think you need to repeat yourself anymore (4x?). Artful: super decent response, I agree.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 05.11.2019
    Don't tell me you are a white supremacist where the minority does not matter.  Because you just said the MINORITY does not matter, twice in your last post. I thought the days of that sort of thinking were gone.  SHAME.  People with disabilities don't count and Australians don't count due to the size of server.  How many people are you trying to insult?
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Don't tell me you are a white supremacist where the minority does not matter.  Because you just said the MINORITY does not matter, twice in your last post. I thought the days of that sort of thinking were gone.  SHAME.  People with disabilities don't count and Australians don't count due to the size of server.  How many people are you trying to insult?
    Wow, minority doesn't always refer to race.  The SHAME is yours for trying to take it there.

Everyone's opinion matters.  I still think allowing members to toggle snow on or off is a good idea or have snow on one background so that people can use their snow decos there.  I agree with those saying the snow decos look out of place without a snow background.  Having said that I prefer not having snow on all backgrounds.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    the solution is easy let players who want snow buy the background and they can use if they want to.  By making it a gold sale, you soon find out who really wanted it.
    since it was never a purchase item, but a game feature... let's leave it that way and give everyone a choice to turn it or on not...

Happy Farming!
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 05.11.2019

@Byron Longford (AU1) No, lol. Actually, what I said was that two groups of people are minorities in comparison to two other groups. I never said that they did not matter, You said that and tried to put the words in my mouth. The shame is on you. Actually, what I said was that we should give everyone an equal vote in a poll to decide, because what they want may be a majority opinion (read: saying "people with eye problems are a minority" is not an argument for having snow. Why? Because there are people without eye problems who also do not want snow, and they might be a majority. That's it.). I shouldn't give you any more credence than that, suffice to say "you don't know me".

I appreciate you @BigSparty (US1), it doesn't matter that we disagree on the snow.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    What he (byron) is really trying to say is only one opinion matters......HIS!

A toggle feature where u can switch between snow/no snow is the obvious solution.
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I am one of those people that had a hard time with the snow on the farm but can empathize with the people that liked having the snow on their farm.  I couldn't understand how people wanted the snow skins either lmao. I cannot tell one thing from the other when I see those skins..But some people have great vision. To each their own.  We all like different things.  We can all tolerate different things.  I like the idea of having an option I am all for that! 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Byron Longford (AU1) It is great to see a husband stand up for his wife :smile: You love her dearly, I understand. Just don´t get too carried away making you put things into comments written that aren´t there.

Believe you agree to a toggle feature allowing those who want snow can get it and those who do not want snow can avoid it. Right :smile: Why either should have to pay for it doesn´t make sense or should be wanted. The snow aso backgrounds are free of charge and should ofc stay that way. Agree?

Cheers :smile:

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    the backgrounds people speak of are not the same as snow on main farm - the backgrounds are just horizon fills they have nothing to do with the actual farm area, so are irrelevant to this issue

anyway, they could easily set up a toggle option (same as they have for animations on or off), that would make it a non issue and seems the sensible approach
    Corvid (GB1) Learn something new each day. :smile: So snow on our farm is not called a background. What is the correct word for it? It would be helpful to know for some of us not with English as first language. Or are into computer lingo.

Corvid (GB1) Learn something new each day. :smile: So snow on our farm is not called a background. What is the correct word for it? It would be helpful to know for some of us not with English as first language. Or are into computer lingo.

The difference is in which part of the background you speak of.  The top part that can be changed is the horizon and the lower part which we cannot change on our own is the background.
    @ BigSparty (US1) Thank you :smile: In other words background would be the correct word. I thought so tbh because I couldn´t find another word for it.

It is, but the top part that can be changed by buying a 'horizon' is the horizon.  Most websites don't have horizons and then it is, you guessed it, a background.  lol :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Toggle on and off seems the best answer.  They already have the graphic needed.  Just need to put in a way for us to choose.
    But I don't know how this game is programmed, might be more to it.

SO... again... GG please respond to this.  Any chance of EVER making snow possible?   And if not that's fine, I just want to know if I should bother keeping all my showy deco or not. 
    (On a side note, some real good duck pens, and donkeys happen to ALL be snowy.  I HATE IT but for production advantages  I use them.  They look stupid.)

OR how about this.  Fix the deco and remove the snow.  In fact all deco should have a transparent base so if you ever decide to make the ground cover changable, decos would automatically match.
    Toggle on and off seems the best answer.  They already have the graphic needed.  Just need to put in a way for us to choose.
    But I don't know how this game is programmed, might be more to it.

SO... again... GG please respond to this.  Any chance of EVER making snow possible?   And if not that's fine, I just want to know if I should bother keeping all my showy deco or not. 
    (On a side note, some real good duck pens, and donkeys happen to ALL be snowy.  I HATE IT but for production advantages  I use them.  They look stupid.)

OR how about this.  Fix the deco and remove the snow.  In fact all deco should have a transparent base so if you ever decide to make the ground cover changable, decos would automatically match.
    Allowing players to choose a background can be done with a plug in, but i don't know if they use plug ins or not.

The snow decos have snow on the roofs of the stables/coops so its more than just on the ground.
    Hey everyone,
    See this tree near the river, just left of the garage?

I don't know if this was recently changed or I just noticed it the last time we had to look for dinky stuff... but see the fall colors in it?

So... how about more of a fall leaf ground cover?  Could be real pretty and perhaps with just a TINY bit of snow around it.  Not all white, just a few blops here and there.  At least the wintery deco wouldn't look so out of place.  And the whole ground won't have to be so bright.

And again... the option for us to change it is outstanding.  I really hope GG considers that for a future thing.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 08.11.2019
    lol i am pretty sure that is a very bleary squirrel. unless you mean the yellow tree next to it.
    edited 08.11.2019
    Believe its a squirrel too. After they made changes to the background a week or so ago some of the trees have that squirrel. You can also see that the shoreline has altered.

yep, it is a squirrel.. love the shoreline and some bunny rabbits popped up as well :))
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    and a little seating area too... I thought they were colored leaves too.

oh yes, by the fisherman! :)))
    That's a squirrel????? Wow.  Ok. Wondered why only one spot on the tree was changing.
    SO.....  this morning, among the pop ups that I usually don't bother to read, but this one was new.
    FIRST LINE....

"Hello Farmers,  When you gaze out of the window of your farmhouse, you can see that your farm has been beautifully coloured white by snow."

So... no snow?  This was a lie?  Or did they change their minds?  Perhaps light spotty snow would solve the too bright for my bad eyes thing? 

Still waiting for someone from GG to let me know if I should just delete my snow covered deco or hang onto it?

SO.....  this morning, among the pop ups that I usually don't bother to read, but this one was new.
    FIRST LINE....

"Hello Farmers,  When you gaze out of the window of your farmhouse, you can see that your farm has been beautifully coloured white by snow."

So... no snow?  This was a lie?  Or did they change their minds?  Perhaps light spotty snow would solve the too bright for my bad eyes thing? 

Still waiting for someone from GG to let me know if I should just delete my snow covered deco or hang onto it?

I think they were just talking about the decos.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    The snow covered farm doesn't look good.

Sell it as a theme for dollars, those who like it , can use it.

No, give it to us for free like in the past. Make it so those who don't want it can turn it off.

No, give it to us for free like in the past. Make it so those who don't want it can turn it off.
    Deserves a repeat.  
    YES.
    edited 21.11.2019
    @ artful (US1) Definitely ! I agree! 

Adding that it usually takes days between an announcement and whats announced happens, so given those days we will wake up to a snowy main farm.

Hopefully a button/command is installed allowing those who do not want the bright, white due to it disturbing their eyesight can turn it off. :smile:

• iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    edited 21.11.2019
    Got just a msg from Crazy Greta Thunberg :D:D:D and she decided that trees with snow on their leaves are not good for the Co2 effect and the climated change. 

She wrote a letter to GGS and Demanded on they way she was talking in the Un-Building that it was a very bad act when GGS putt snow on all those farms all-over the world.
    And the sequences were on GGS account in the future. And for the first time in my life i agree with Greta. No snow at our farms. We have to put the heating on in our Cowsheds and Pigsty,s to keep those animals warm and coozy. And to keep them warm we need to cut down trees and without the trees we won,t have clean air to breathe. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file