Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Trade among Players or Auction ⏳

TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
edited 09.02.2019 in Suggestions
Many of us have items or decos which are useless to us but might be of value to someone else.

Like crew for skipjack, when I have all trawlers

Like some unwanted decos, which could be of great value to a new player.

Maybe a new event could be introduced , where players could put up their stock of unwanted items to the highest bidder in an auction.

The minimum price for any item in an auction could be fixed by GGS, to prevent some unwanted activity.

The buyer in the auction could make payment in Gold, while the seller recieves dollars.
A fixed fee of 10-100 gold to take part in an auction could be levied.

Such an event would surely involve participation by many players as everyone has something in their inventory that they feel is worthless to them and want to get rid of it for some extra Farm dollars.

GGS benefits too, as gold spending increases.
Post edited by PicklePaws (FormerMod) on

Comments

• I posted something just like you did TMKC but you said better
  • Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
     I agree @TMKC (IN1)
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Currently, big co-op's and top ranking co-op's get rewards ( even if these rewards are useless ).

But what about small co-op's ??

I just noticed, there are small co-op's who have players who log in , log out. They don't play co-op events as they can't reach top and at bottom, there is nothing for them to win 

Even winning a single co-op apple is a dream for them, while top co-op players have 30-40 of them in MF, and much more lying idle in inventory.

I think, trading or auction of such buildings and other stuff among players needs to be introduced.

• The big coops all started out small. The top coops get where they are by working hard and climbing up to the top. Small coops will stay small and at the bottom if the members do not try to play events. Through hard work and determination even the small coops can do well. Doing nothing will be rewarded with nothing. I do agree with a way to trade unwanted items.
    The big coops all started out small. The top coops get where they are by working hard and climbing up to the top. Small coops will stay small and at the bottom if the members do not try to play events. Through hard work and determination even the small coops can do well. Doing nothing will be rewarded with nothing. I do agree with a way to trade unwanted items.
    Unfortunately, gold decides who is at top and who is at bottom .... Not hardwork.

But I know, gold will always decide that ... So I'm asking for some rewards for non gold buying small co-op's
  • xAlleycatx (AU1)xAlleycatx (AU1) AU1 Posts: 72
    edited 08.02.2019
    I don't use gold to win, and yes, I am in the top. Hard work is how I got to where I am EDIT: I KNOW some players use a lot of gold to win, no denial there, but hard work CAN get you to the top.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.02.2019
    even with my huge farm and back when I applied for your co op (2.5 years ago), I was rejected as I was a non golder.  After this I totally quit doing CC as there was 0 point as a non golder even with a lot of hard work.  @xAlleycatx (AU1)   
  • @Byron Longford (AU1)  Our current leader would NOT do that. I have heard horror stories about the previous leader though
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.02.2019
    Yes your current leader is a lovely lady @xAlleycatx (AU1) problem is now she has got to try shake off the reputation the co op has
    Great if you could spend no gold and be 1st, while someone spending gold, lots of it comes 2nd.

• Yes your current leader is a lovely lady @xAlleycatx (AU1) problem is now she has got to try shake off the reputation the co op has
    That would explain why the coop is not full. Reputations, like trust, can be hard to rebuild
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    They will never go for this, or at least I hope they never will.

Not that I am against helping out the lower level members in my co-op because I would love to help them if I could. Something like this would get way out of control. I'd be the first one to admit that I would sell my unwanted stuff to the lowest member in my co-op for a pennie and I'd buy their stuff for top dollar even if I didn't need it :)

New players now have it much better than a lot of us did when we were starting off. There were no markets and no Fishing of any kind to help us make money. We had to plan our farms out and work hard on them every day to make a dollar.

If you think abot it, we already help low level members in our co-ops. Those of us that can do well in the cooperative events help them every day because we have more to work with and get them the rewards that will better their farms. I hope you do not think I'm rude in what I'm going to say, but you've worked hard to get where you are today so why shouldn't they. This isn't the type of game where you get rich overnight, we must work for it. That is the way the game is designed to be played.

PS If you are just looking for a way to get rid of your unwanted items take a look at my request for a Swap Shop here...
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/188979/swap-shop-using-tokens
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    except are the level 100ish really working as hard as the other 100ish in lower level coops? i understand what you are saying about working for what you have but you have to admit when it comes to coops it is not exactly fair i could be in a top 5 coop but i have worked very hard on the coop i have for 3 plus years now i am sure i have worked harder in the 3 pulse years then the level 56 or 69 have and they have or are having the opportunity to have things i never did and i dont know unless i leave the coop i have worked so hard on there is not much of a chance for me except for the WWC trader now i dont think any of the animals or special buildings should be given out as ranking rewards especially in the CC all it is doing is making the stronger stronger i dont know about other severs but the US sever almost always has the same 5 coops in the top 5
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 15.03.2019
    So say they allowed something like this.
    It would help your co-op grow and be stronger, but it would also help other co-ops grow and be stronger. You would never be any closer to the top 5 than you are right now. That is why this is a bad idea.

The co-ops in the top 5 are stronger and they have more resourses to share so they would get stronger and stronger. Your members would have to work even harder to make it to rank 5 than they would right now as it is.

edit to add this
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to open a can of worms here just wanted to make a point.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Trade/auction has been suggested several times up through the years without (from what I can remember) any answer or sign of interest from the creators. Correct me if I am mistaken.

So I truely doubt it will happen no matter how much the players ask for it :disappointed:

But we can always hope.

Cheers :smile:

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The main problem that GGS has with people trading items and/or gold is that is promotes multi-accounts.  If you're "gone" from the game for awhile (2-3 weeks or more), they "reward" you with (up to) 875 gold when you return.  Plus there's all the gold you can get from just playing the game, finding Tanuki, the Leprechaun, Daily Login Rewards, etc... If they were allow that gold to be traded among the players, you KNOW there are people out there that would create 100 accounts, log in once a month with them to get the gold, (or find Tanuki/Leprechaun, whatever) and then send all that gold (or decos, seaweed, or whatever) to their "Main" account. Or, when they "leave" the game, they send all their gold & items to another player. It happens in every game that allows inter-player transfers.  (Right now they can (and often do) send their gold to the Co-Op Bank, but as we all know that doesn't benefit one player directly).

So it'll never happen. Even though I wish it would, as I would love to toss some gold to several of my friends ingame. Heck, I'd even be happy if they'd let us BUY gold directly for another player, but they won't do that either (scared of fraud, I guess).
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    So say they allowed something like this.
    It would help your co-op grow and be stronger, but it would also help other co-ops grow and be stronger. You would never be any closer to the top 5 than you are right now. That is why this is a bad idea.

The co-ops in the top 5 are stronger and they have more resourses to share so they would get stronger and stronger. Your members would have to work even harder to make it to rank 5 than they would right now as it is.

edit to add this
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to open a can of worms here just wanted to make a point.
    i never said i was for it i think every item like buildings and skins should be like charms and building tokens were you can chooses from different things but they should be more worth the same or for the skins and boat crew make another trader were you trade in skins or boat/boat stuff and you get so many points depending on the gold value or farm dollar value then be able to use those points to buy the skins or boat stuff you actually want pretty much like the decoration lady but you get to use points to pick something else instead of upgrading something but i do think they need to come up with a way for more coops and players to be able to win the ducks and big cows 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think that we need to have a way to get rid of themed buildings in our dropbox that would have some real benefit (like the swap shop mentioned above by CrazyBigfarm). They can also add the copious, capacious and colossal cowsheds to the championship trader like they have done with the dandy, deluxe and dazzling duck coops. Like at the moment, For example, I have many candy chicken coops, viking/northern lights donkey stables and even a dazzling duck coop in my dropbox that I have no intention of ever placing on my farm. But at least they can add something so we can exchange them for some other currency that would allow us to get some other themed buildings with that currency.
  • Sanic (AU1)Sanic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 53
    The big coops all started out small. The top coops get where they are by working hard and climbing up to the top. Small coops will stay small and at the bottom if the members do not try to play events. Through hard work and determination even the small coops can do well. Doing nothing will be rewarded with nothing. I do agree with a way to trade unwanted items.
    Unfortunately, gold decides who is at top and who is at bottom .... Not hardwork.

But I know, gold will always decide that ... So I'm asking for some rewards for non gold buying small co-op's
    Well said ..."hard work my axxx" .....  gold/seaweed is indeed how they do it - yes it would be nice to have something on offer for the teams that just want to play without buying the win.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    There are empty lots in the village. I wouldn't mind seeing a trading building for members of a co-op to trade with one another. It could start off quite limited but each level could increase the limits allowed for trade.
    There are empty lots in the village. I wouldn't mind seeing a trading building for members of a co-op to trade with one another. It could start off quite limited but each level could increase the limits allowed for trade.
    Regarding the empty places ( lots ) in the co-op village ... more buildings should be introduced, where all members of co-op donate ... upgrade ... use.  A new feature could also be added in the co-op subscription ...

Or make it compulsory for co-op's to have co-op subscription to make use of the new building.
    This will increase revenue for GGS. And give new content to the players.
  • Bobbed (AU1)Bobbed (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    edited 01.08.2019
    I would just like to be able to trade appearances. I would be happy with a 2 for 1 trade even. Maybe then I could have a whole map that is snowbound.
  • They could at least allow us to swap themed skins - they dont add any value to anything other than a more pleasing visual effect.  

I understand why they wouldnt allow buildings etc, but not skins - many of mine just take up room as they will never be used.

Maybe even selling them back to GGS for 1 gold coin would be an option.  We probably spent more than that getting them in the first place! 
  • selena m. (US1)selena m. (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    Yes the swap shop and auctions etc for unwanted items does sound like a good idea but it isn’t.It makes the game too easy for the low level players.I had to work real hard every day to get the stables and other buildings I wanted and they should too.If GGS ever introduces this auction thing it will get way out of hand.What they need to add is like a button where we can sell buildings we earn but don’t want/need for a fixed amount of gold or dollars.
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I love the idea of a trade or auction among players.
    It is a good way to get rid of unwanted items by players, for players.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It would be great if we could have the ability to trade among players. So if some players have buildings that they do not want but they want each others' buildings, they can swap like that.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256

Then why make it so that trading requires that gold be spent????
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    I love the idea of a trade or auction among players.
    It is a good way to get rid of unwanted items by players, for players.
    I agree and it could be set up similar to the way the co op village is.  Meaning everyone from that co op can go there and participate.   Kind of a cross between the co op village and decoration valley.  People could go there put the item they don't want out there and see if anyone is interested in it.

I'm fairly new here so i have not seen how all events work so maybe there is something else out that would work better.

Because, GGS won't put time to give us an event or a feature which doesn't require us to spend gold.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844

Because, GGS won't put time to give us an event or a feature which doesn't require us to spend gold.

The main goal and subject here should be getting a trading center or auction house and why. Why venture into technicalities before we know GGS could be interested in creating either of them? *me wonders*

Sign In to comment.