Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Viking Farm

Comments

• BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Will the island farm be changed to this format that the current viking farm is in for the upcoming temporary farms as well?
    I think the Tropical island farm was already changed.
  • both the other 2 have been changed, but viking is absolutely terrible, other 2 were ok.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think the Tropical island farm was already changed.
    Ok. If some things are different compared to this viking farm then I will probably not play it though.

both the other 2 have been changed, but viking is absolutely terrible, other 2 were ok.
    I disagree. The viking farm for me is way better than any temporary farm has even been. I can earn far more runestones and buy a viking duck coop for 7.9m runestones which is much easier to collect them than before. Even though I only started with about 16 days left, I will still get the 65m reward and multiple viking duck coops. Plus now rank 10 gives the viking duck coop, so from this temporary farm we can get one from 65m runestones, one from top 10 ranking and one for every 7.9m runestones worth of profit.
  • @ninjahuman (AU1)  unless you have bought book for viking it is totally useless, not possible to complete.  also very expensive, everything is sold for a LOT less runestones now.  Check out the numbers.
    @ninjahuman (AU1)  unless you have bought book for viking it is totally useless, not possible to complete.  also very expensive, everything is sold for a LOT less runestones now.  Check out the numbers.
    If you see Exxy and Rocky's strategy on the previous page, it involves buying the premium seal feed with runestones and then using them on the seal ponds. Even a level 1 seal pond with no handbook still produces a profit that way and it involves no production cost with snow dollars once it is set up. And if you upgrade the handbook a bit, the profit begins to increase dramatically. Harvesting three times a day is ideal, so if you have the subscription for repeat harvester you can use that, but even if you do not have it I am still using it for overnight by paying the gold and it is still worthwhile for me because of all the extra runestones being collected. I have only bought a level 3 handbook for it but I will be able to earn over 3.8m runestones per day when it is fully set up.

Using the seaweed feed produces a loss, but it is also quite useful, because I have started late and I will not reach the 65m just by collecting three times a day, but I will be close enough so I can use the seaweed feed while losing less than 7.9m runestones overall and collecting the viking duck coop that is the equivalent value.

This is my farm at the moment:

• holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    edited 03.11.2019
    @ninjahuman (AU1) this is precisely why the Viking farm is not realistic to complete. You said it is great the way it is? But the only way is to have all seals? This is not how I prefer or even want to farm. I like to do the books, and it is NOT possible to complete with out using gold or books the way the set up is now. I played the reworked Island farm and it was great. This is horrible.
    @ninjahuman (AU1) this is precisely why the Viking farm is not realistic to complete. You said it is great the way it is? But the only way is to have all seals? This is not how I prefer or even want to farm. I like to do the books, and it is NOT possible to complete with out using gold or books the way the set up is now. I played the reworked Island farm and it was great. This is horrible.
    Maybe they can try to make the chapter tasks more doable for the players that would like to complete them. But I guess different players enjoy completing the temporary farms in different ways. It does sound like the chapter tasks have become too difficult so perhaps that can become more doable.

If the island farm allows us to buy tropical cowsheds from the shells then I will be happy. But when I looked last time, it only allowed tropical chicken coops to be purchased with shells which was quite disappointing. Hopefully the candy farm allows candy cowsheds to also be purchased with vouchers.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    something that i havent seen mentioned (unless i overlooked it), is i wonder how players who bought high level books for coats are feeling right now? GGS has made their purchase/s near redundant for the pitiful payout on workshop items that we get now

that's pretty poor thinking on GGS' part, with one swift boot kick your gold spenders in to touch, classy........
    something that i havent seen mentioned (unless i overlooked it), is i wonder how players who bought high level books for coats are feeling right now? GGS has made their purchase/s near redundant for the pitiful payout on workshop items that we get now

that's pretty poor thinking on GGS' part, with one swift boot kick your gold spenders in to touch, classy........
    Well, I guess you can think about it from two points of logic.

1. That gold that was invested can't really be made use of anymore because of the reduced profit from those sections of the viking farm. So in a sense, it could be considered to be kind of wasted now.

2. You can't get the gold back, but now another opportunity has come up to earn more runestones. So you can take advantage of that option now if you wish.

I'm using the 2nd view point even though I have spend a large amount of gold (over 15k at least) in handbooks.

By the way, to be honest, in the previous versions of the viking farm the viking helmet handbook was more useful than the cozy viking coat handbook because you get a larger amount of runestones from producing viking helmets compared to cozy viking coats when you compare the fertiliser cost to produce each recipe. I couldn't really get as much from producing cozy viking coats as I could from producing viking helmets.
    edited 03.11.2019
    both the other 2 have been changed, but viking is absolutely terrible, other 2 were ok.
    I'm doing ok with the Viking Farm.  The Candy farm is the horribly boring and tedious one.  If I ever do that one again it will just be for vouchers.  The palace just takes far too long, it isn't worth it.
    Post edited by BigSparty (US1) on
    edited 03.11.2019
    That is not true.  I'm getting ready to start chapter 3 task 5.  I don't use a lot of gold and i don't have any books for the Viking Farm and I don't use all seals.  In fact, I got rid of my seals when i no longer needed them.  I may not get 65 mil runestones but you can complete it, just like the Tropical Island.

This is my Viking Farm at the moment.

Ok, how do i edit that larger image out?
    That is not true.  I'm getting ready to start chapter 3 task 5.  I don't use a lot of gold and i don't have any books for the Viking Farm and I don't use all seals.  In fact, I got rid of my seals when i no longer needed them.  I may not get 65 mil runestones but you can complete it, just like the Tropical Island.

Congrats. Are there many main differences compared to the previous chapter tasks?
    edited 04.11.2019

Congrats. Are there many main differences compared to the previous chapter tasks?
    Most of the side tasks seem to be the same.

One thing i do agree with is that they want way too many coats and not just once but twice.  Its like whoever 'revamped' this temp farm had 19,200 stuck in their head. 

There are different ways to play the temp farms and even the HWE and the FHWE.  With the farms I tend to go after the three decos, in this case the ships and with the Tropical island it was the sand castles.  I got the castles so next time i'll go more for the shells.  Same with the Viking temp farm.  Once i get the last ship, i'll play it more for the runes.  Its nice if you can do both but it really feels like at some point you have to choose. 

I did the first chapter side tasks already and part of chapter 2, and a few here and there of three, but once I get the last ship and finish the main tasks then I will work on the remaining side tasks.  I think I have 5 side tasks left in the left hand menu and most of them will just generate fertilizer so not really a big deal.

The coats take forever so one of the hardest parts is just being patient.

One thing i do agree with is that they want way too many coats and not just once but twice.  Its like whoever 'revamped' this temp farm had 19,200 stuck in their head. 

There are different ways to play the temp farms and even the HWE and the FHWE.  With the farms I tend to go after the three decos, in this case the ships and with the Tropical island it was the sand castles.  I got the castles so next time i'll go more for the shells.  Same with the Viking temp farm.  Once i get the last ship, i'll play it more for the runes.  Its nice if you can do both but it really feels like at some point you have to choose. 

I did the first chapter side tasks already and part of chapter 2, and a few here and there of three, but once I get the last ship and finish the main tasks then I will work on the remaining side tasks.  I think I have 5 side tasks left in the left hand menu and most of them will just generate fertilizer so not really a big deal.

Ok. In the previous versions of the temporary farms for all of them excluding the candy farm, completing the chapter tasks helps maximise the amount of shells/runestones you can earn since the best way to collect the currency at those times was to produce as many fruity flips or viking helmets as possible. The candy palace in the candy farm works against collecting a larger amount of vouchers though.

I've completed all of those chapter tasks multiple times before in previous temporary farms while collecting the 65 million for the themed building, but I don't really use decorations much on my farm anymore so I will just play with the seals at the moment for runestones since I have lots of viking duck coops to still collect to take the place of my regular duck coops.
    edited 04.11.2019

Ok. In the previous versions of the temporary farms for all of them excluding the candy farm, completing the chapter tasks helps maximise the amount of shells/runestones you can earn since the best way to collect the currency at those times was to produce as many fruity flips or viking helmets as possible. The candy palace in the candy farm works against collecting a larger amount of vouchers though.

I've completed all of those chapter tasks multiple times before in previous temporary farms while collecting the 65 million for the themed building, but I don't really use decorations much on my farm anymore so I will just play with the seals at the moment for runestones since I have lots of viking duck coops to still collect to take the place of my regular duck coops.
    Yes, it really comes down to what you want or need from the farm.  Being newish, I want the decos.  I didn't want to spend 14 mil on a piece of land either so i removed what i could for space which is also why i am having to wait til i finish the main tasks before going back for some of the side tasks.  You all keep going on about the seals so now that i can get rid of one of my sheep pens, I am tempted to bring back a seal.  :)

I don't like building something then getting rid of it then building it again, but when weighed against the rising costs of land, sometimes demolishing and rebuilding is cheaper.
    Yes, it really comes down to what you want or need from the farm.  Being newish, I want the decos.  I didn't want to spend 14 mil on a piece of land either so i removed what i could for space which is also why i am having to wait til i finish the main tasks before going back for some of the side tasks.  You all keep going on about the seals so now that i can get rid of one of my sheep pens, I am tempted to bring back a seal.  :)

I don't like building something then getting rid of it then building it again, but when weighed against the rising costs of land, sometimes demolishing and rebuilding is cheaper.
    I don't know what the side tasks are like now, but some were not helpful so I would say you don't have to worry much about completing them. The seal ponds are probably not that useful for completing the chapter tasks so if your main goal is that then it's probably better to focus on those at the moment.

Building and demolishing is a very useful strategy in the temporary farms. I have always done that like with the sheep pastures and seal ponds when needing them for chapter tasks for example.

I don't know what the side tasks are like now, but some were not helpful so I would say you don't have to worry much about completing them. The seal ponds are probably not that useful for completing the chapter tasks so if your main goal is that then it's probably better to focus on those at the moment.

Building and demolishing is a very useful strategy in the temporary farms. I have always done that like with the sheep pastures and seal ponds when needing them for chapter tasks for example.
    Yeah, I did get rid of the seals, and the berries once i had enough for the coats.  One of the daily tasks the other day was berries so i got everything set up for longer runs then removed a deco and put a berry orchard back in.  I wanted the money and runes from the daily. lol  A lot of times its just a matter of weighing the loss or gains by doing so. 

The nice thing about the game is that there is no right and wrong way to play.
    Yeah, I did get rid of the seals, and the berries once i had enough for the coats.  One of the daily tasks the other day was berries so i got everything set up for longer runs then removed a deco and put a berry orchard back in.  I wanted the money and runes from the daily. lol  A lot of times its just a matter of weighing the loss or gains by doing so. 

Ok. I was just wondering about how many farm dollars have you spent on the farm so far? Usually it's good to try to complete side tasks when possible, but usually it's a bit difficult to go out of the way like building things to complete them.

There are many different ways to play it as you said. I guess how you play an event can depend on what your goals are.

Ok. I was just wondering about how many farm dollars have you spent on the farm so far? Usually it's good to try to complete side tasks when possible, but usually it's a bit difficult to go out of the way like building things to complete them.

There are many different ways to play it as you said. I guess how you play an event can depend on what your goals are.
    That is why I saved some side tasks for after I finish the chapter tasks. If the side task doesn't really help me make my goal then i don't worry about it too much.   I honestly don't know how much i have spent.  I was going to try and add it all up, but I don't recall what all the various upgrades cost.  I have the vault at level 7 and the silo is at 3, so is the workshop, and the two tree orchards. I just finished upgrading the 5 penguin pools to 3 and am starting them on level 4.

I just got to level 89 the other day so my main farm is not very developed and i just won my first trawler in the last FHWE so my fishing income is somewhat limited as well.

Now you have me wondering, and wishing I had paid more attention to it.  The thing about the temp farms is that if you want all three chapter decos or a ton of runes/shells/vouchers then you have to start out strong and heavy and not be timid.  If you start too slow, you won't catch up in time.

I did grow a lot of violets for extra money lol. 

As an aside... today's daily tasks came out at midnight for me, they usually come out at 1am for me and i just figured since we had the time change that was why they early.  One of them was the berries again so i rebuilt the berry orchard, another was collecting flax and the third was to spend a lot of snow dollars.... so i collected the flax and finished that one and spend a bunch of dollars and had 20 minutes to go before the berry orchard would be ready to grow berries and at 1am those dailys disappeared and i got 3 new ones.  I had to collect flax, collect tankards and sell tunics.  Not exactly thrilled that I rebuilt the berry orchard basically for nothing.  I'm going to hang on to it though since they seem determined to shove that at me along with the tankards and tunics.  They did that during task 3 as well when i needed coats, they kept giving me tankards and tunics for daily tasks.

I'll manage though, despite their sabotage :)
    That is why I saved some side tasks for after I finish the chapter tasks. If the side task doesn't really help me make my goal then i don't worry about it too much.   I honestly don't know how much i have spent.  I was going to try and add it all up, but I don't recall what all the various upgrades cost.  I have the vault at level 7 and the silo is at 3, so is the workshop, and the two tree orchards. I just finished upgrading the 5 penguin pools to 3 and am starting them on level 4.

I just got to level 89 the other day so my main farm is not very developed and i just won my first trawler in the last FHWE so my fishing income is somewhat limited as well.

Now you have me wondering, and wishing I had paid more attention to it.  The thing about the temp farms is that if you want all three chapter decos or a ton of runes/shells/vouchers then you have to start out strong and heavy and not be timid.  If you start too slow, you won't catch up in time.

As an aside... today's daily tasks came out at midnight for me, they usually come out at 1am for me and i just figured since we had the time change that was why they early.  One of them was the berries again so i rebuilt the berry orchard, another was collecting flax and the third was to spend a lot of snow dollars.... so i collected the flax and finished that one and spend a bunch of dollars and had 20 minutes to go before the berry orchard would be ready to grow berries and at 1am those dailys disappeared and i got 3 new ones.  I had to collect flax, collect tankards and sell tunics.  Not exactly thrilled that I rebuilt the berry orchard basically for nothing.  I'm going to hang on to it though since they seem determined to shove that at me along with the tankards and tunics.  They did that during task 3 as well when i needed coats, they kept giving me tankards and tunics for daily tasks.

Ok. It is very impressive that you will be able to complete all of the chapter tasks of the viking farm at level 89. I was around level 130-140 when I completed one for the first time, which was the island farm. I usually spent around 250-300 million farm dollars to complete the chapter tasks and collect 65 million of the respective currency to collect the themed building and buy hundreds of tokens then.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 06.11.2019

Good point !

I don't know about others, but I am feeling cheated. Trust is already below zero

I can't help but think of other  situations we had in the past, when ggs made us buy items with gold to then delete them completely from the game, ore reduce them to something irrelevant for which we would have never used gold

Smoke and mirrors 

Ok. It is very impressive that you will be able to complete all of the chapter tasks of the viking farm at level 89. I was around level 130-140 when I completed one for the first time, which was the island farm. I usually spent around 250-300 million farm dollars to complete the chapter tasks and collect 65 million of the respective currency to collect the themed building and buy hundreds of tokens then.
    I finished the Tropical island when it was last out and got all the sand castles.  I have 6 batches of coats to do, finished the wood and over half way through the runes needed for task 5.  I have been demolishing things now as i can and adding penguin pools to try and boost rune counts. Don't think i can get 65 mil but i'll give it my best shot lol :)
    I finished the Tropical island when it was last out and got all the sand castles.  I have 6 batches of coats to do, finished the wood and over half way through the runes needed for task 5.  I have been demolishing things now as i can and adding penguin pools to try and boost rune counts. Don't think i can get 65 mil but i'll give it my best shot lol :)
    Ok nice. All the best for the rest of the temporary farm. :) I'm sure you will complete the last chapter task soon.
    Ok nice. All the best for the rest of the temporary farm. :) I'm sure you will complete the last chapter task soon.
    Thanks.  I saw your post on the PP event and need to see if I can try that some how.  :smiley:
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    I'll repeat what I said earlier , with the small amount of rune stones required you can buy seaweed fert etc , special seeds to allow for quick production, don't be afraid of using rune stones at the market you can reach requirements  more quickly, hence more rune stones
    Personally I ignore the side tasks as I don't need 5 fields or 5 penguin pens, there is not enough room to accomodate this without sacrificing deco's . Don't need 5 fields either, and silo only needs to be level 3 , not 4 ,saves workers you can use elsewhere it has been a while since I have played this farm and will say if you use tokens to get decos  it will help . Love this version , thank G.G.
  • Cherylm (AU1)Cherylm (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    it is not well balanced.  with the 4 penguins you are to build for side tasks (chapter 1, task 4).  The mill at level 4 can only support 4 penguins and nothing else (15mins for 10 penguin feed).  Mill does not get up to level 4 for a while (level 3 what the task say to be at, can only produce enough feed for 3 penguins) so even when you do get mill to level 4 it does not produce enough to support all animals. 

The ONLY way you can do this now is you MUST buy books to get mill to produce enough feed.  This viking farm is now ONLY for GOLD buyers to complete.  Waste of time for the rest of us not even worth starting

edit:  by the end you need to have 5 penguins and 2 seals and the mill can not even produce enough to feed 5 penguins. guess they just sit there looking pretty and those poor penguins starve to death.

• Cherylm (AU1)Cherylm (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    you get enough bonus feed to do in the interim unless you build 5 penguin pens which you do not need
    after all the player plays the game not vice versa ?
    Thanks.  I saw your post on the PP event and need to see if I can try that some how.  :smiley:
    I hope it can be useful. Don't try to go for the country manor yet though since it cost me about 400 million farm dollars, though it would not cost me as much to get it again but it would still cost a few hundred million farm dollars.

I'll repeat what I said earlier , with the small amount of rune stones required you can buy seaweed fert etc , special seeds to allow for quick production, don't be afraid of using rune stones at the market you can reach requirements  more quickly, hence more rune stones
    Personally I ignore the side tasks as I don't need 5 fields or 5 penguin pens, there is not enough room to accomodate this without sacrificing deco's . Don't need 5 fields either, and silo only needs to be level 3 , not 4 ,saves workers you can use elsewhere it has been a while since I have played this farm and will say if you use tokens to get decos  it will help . Love this version , thank G.G.
    I guess it depends on what your overall goal is with the event. If you are just playing to complete the chapter tasks then it can work well. I haven't done many calculations with the new farm but I presume that it may be more difficult to make a profit with the special seeds and you always run at a loss using the seaweed feed.

you get enough bonus feed to do in the interim unless you build 5 penguin pens which you do not need
    after all the player plays the game not vice versa ?
    I used to have 9 penguin pools (eight penguin pools at around level 1 and one at level 4) and one temporary level 3 seal pond for the chapter tasks. My level 3 stone mill could cope with the feed demands combined with a level 2 penguin feed handbook but I can't recall if there have been any changes to the production time of the stone mill or any changes to the running time of the penguin pools.
    I hope it can be useful. Don't try to go for the country manor yet though since it cost me about 400 million farm dollars, though it would not cost me as much to get it again but it would still cost a few hundred million farm dollars.

I've done it a couple of times.  I got the chessboard twice and the decorative citrus grove once.  I just play it, i don't buy any of the items, i just use what i have on hand.  I still have 2 pieces of land to purchase.  I don't fully understand the deco placements and the happiness or village happiness levels.  I don't have a lot of the gumball decos or some of the others you used so I may not be able to emulate what you describe very well at this time. 

I have mostly just put my highest happiness level decos on the deco farm so i don't have to change them up much when the event starts.  I haven't put a lot of thought into it, it is so time intensive.
    I've done it a couple of times.  I got the chessboard twice and the decorative citrus grove once.  I just play it, i don't buy any of the items, i just use what i have on hand.  I still have 2 pieces of land to purchase.  I don't fully understand the deco placements and the happiness or village happiness levels.  I don't have a lot of the gumball decos or some of the others you used so I may not be able to emulate what you describe very well at this time. 

I have mostly just put my highest happiness level decos on the deco farm so i don't have to change them up much when the event starts.  I haven't put a lot of thought into it, it is so time intensive.
    Ok. Nice job with those achievements. :)

As you collect more decorations, you can vary some of them to help complete a larger number of tasks so they are more likely to give you a higher number of pennies per visitor.
Sign In to comment.