Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hey GG, snowy background this year???

Are we going to get the snow covered ground again?  I know some complained it's too bright.
So gray it down a tad?  (Or people could learn how to dim their monitors... shees. I read white pages all the time, what's the difference?)

Just wondering because if it's NOT coming back, I will delete all my show covered deco.  It just looks stupid on green grass.

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Agree. The snowy decos look stupid against the brown/green backgrounds. We had almost no Christmas at all last year, and it was a bummer.

Also, why not do something nice and get rid of the "rebuild" time on Christmas decos.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I agree bring back the snow.
  • gunnyt (US1)gunnyt (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Yes, snow please.  
  • why would I want snow in summer, if we have snow on our farms it should be ending
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I'm adding my vote for a snowy background as well; even though I'm keeping my snow-covered chicken coops & houses...my storyline is that it's the permafrost area of my farm along with the alien pigpens … hahaha. Back to the snow issue, I also hope this year GGS will have planned a great Christmas with some new Christmas events or even better Christmas decos rather than same-old same-old...here's hoping.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 02.11.2019
    BTW my wife is nearly blind an hard enough for her to see the screen normally, the brightness can NOT be dimmed on her farm, if snow came she would have to leave the game again, after I have just convinced her to come back to it.

You think about yourselves not how it will effect other players, just to make your farms pretty, you want to chase others away. 

NO SNOW!!!!!
  • chidzu (INT1)chidzu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 112
    Due to global warming... :(
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    lol...
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    How about giving the players a choice, they can change to snow if they want it and no snow if they don't.  Allow members to choose on each of their farms.  That way they can have one farm always be snow covered if they want and be able to use their snow decos there if they want,
    edited 02.11.2019
    how about they sell background like they do horizon, so players can buy the snow background with gold if they want it.  Then GGS could design other background we could change as we wish to buy with gold
    How about giving the players a choice, they can change to snow if they want it and no snow if they don't.  Allow members to choose on each of their farms.  That way they can have one farm always be snow covered if they want and be able to use their snow decos there if they want,
    Excellent. We offered that suggestion as well. We'll see.
    Maybe they could code a spray can, like in Paint, and we could add the amount of snow to the grounds and buildings to our liking.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    how about they sell background like they do horizon, so players can buy the snow background with gold if they want it.  Then GGS could design other background we could change as we wish to buy with gold
    So players will then complain that GGS is wasting time on creating "artsy" stuff instead of fixing bugs..

They can't win. :)
  • I myself don't like skins or backgrounds, but if they are going to waste time on that stuff at least sell it for gold.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I have several snowy backgrounds.
    All they do is cover the top bit on the farms, nothing to do with the planting areas at all.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    Are we going to get the snow covered ground again?  I know some complained it's too bright.
    So gray it down a tad?  (Or people could learn how to dim their monitors... shees. I read white pages all the time, what's the difference?)

Just wondering because if it's NOT coming back, I will delete all my show covered deco.  It just looks stupid on green grass.
    not the worse idea ever

but probably the second worse

i dont see how dimming my monitor is gonna help the lag it causes (and there's more than enough lag in the game as it is)
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    I myself don't like skins or backgrounds, but if they are going to waste time on that stuff at least sell it for gold.
    Why the big push for gold?  The horizons are expensive enough,  I shudder to think how much gold a background would cost.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I have seen other games give a choice if you want snow or not.... Personally I would like  to have snow :)

and I respect the choice  of other who do not...
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    BTW my wife is nearly blind an hard enough for her to see the screen normally, the brightness can NOT be dimmed on her farm, if snow came she would have to leave the game again, after I have just convinced her to come back to it.

You think about yourselves not how it will effect other players, just to make your farms pretty, you want to chase others away. 

NO SNOW!!!!!
    Do you really have to scream at us all?  So because your wife has bad eyes no one else matters here?  I'm sorry about your wife's vision.  So perhaps at least in winter she just takes a break from this game.  It never lasted forever.  Or here's a thought, if she can't see the screen well anyway, maybe doing anything on a computer isn't a good idea for her. 

And WHY can't she just dim the screen?  Every computer has that ability.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do LOVE the idea of giving us all the option.  Turn it on or off.  Same as the background image.  That would solve the whole problem for everyone.
    So players will then complain that GGS is wasting time on creating "artsy" stuff instead of fixing bugs..

They can't win. :)
    They won't fix anything anyway, so we might as well have some fun.  As for charging gold, (Byron's post), that's ridiculous. They don't need anymore ideas for charging gold. :)
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    How about the option of different shades of snow? Not all snow is pure, bright and white!

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 03.11.2019
    Oh my, gave me a good laugh you did. And make me shudder.

Say, are you on GGS´s payroll by chance? :wink: 

edited 03.11.2019
    @Artmaker (GB1)  It is not the ability to turn down the brightness of screen, if screen is turned down she won't be able to see the rest of her farm.  As for saying players that can't handle the brightness of snow take 4 months off from the game, well that is just totally rude.  How about if you want snow and it does not come you leave the game for 4 months.  That is saying the exact same thing
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    What is right (better) for some is wrong for others. It´s how it is and will always be. Making everybody happy is impossible. Majority rules most often. Question will always be what is possiible when disabilities enter the equation.

I believe that having the option to choose between snow/not snow would be the better way here. But not that it should cost $ or gold. A free choice would show respect and has my vote. hmm if GGS would grant us this possibility.

My thoughts :wink:

edited 04.11.2019
    I can sympathize with glare issues, although it begs the question how one can be online at all given most pages are a brighter white than the snow ever was.

One player who had such issues simply zoomed in so that the surrounding areas of the farm weren't showing much, and as there is very little bare ground on the farms themselves, problem solved. Another just angled the monitor so that the white wasn't so white while the farm itself wasn't dimmed very much at all. (Try it. It works.)

Last year's solution of just a little snow didn't work ... just looked muddy.

We could always alternate. There was no snow last year, so it would be fair if we had it this year.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    No snow please. 

We in Australia are heading for summer with temperatures in the high 30's to 40+C.  Snow wouldn't last 1 second.  It would look silly on an Australian farm.  It would be great if everybody had the ability to turn it on or off.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @Artmaker (GB1)  It is not the ability to turn down the brightness of screen, if screen is turned down she won't be able to see the rest of her farm.  As for saying players that can't handle the brightness of snow take 4 months off from the game, well that is just totally rude.  How about if you want snow and it does not come you leave the game for 4 months.  That is saying the exact same thing
    Not trying to be rude but again, how many people do not have eye issues vs how many do?  So we all have to do without something because your wife, (and I'm sure there are others out there with eye issues) can't see well?  THAT is what is rude here.

And again, my whole point has to do with all the winter deco ALL of which has snow.  It just looks stupid when the rest of the ground is brown.  Was hoping GG would chime in here and say we might bring it back or no, it's dead for good.  In which case I will delete all my winter deco which is just taking up space in storage all year anyway. 
    Personally I hate the snow.  And I live in Michigan. We get snow... wow do we ever get snow.  Real life snow is a LOT brighter than anything on the computer screen.

And again, the idea of letting us turn it on or off is fantastic.  (NO GOLD. Or very little.) 
    In fact, it's autumn here, a fall leaf background would be awesome. 
    And... as someone pointed out, Australia is about to enter it's summer.  Snow now is backwards for them. 
    Giving us the option would be fun, and would solve issues for everyone.

HEY perhaps they could do a night farm.  Your wife might be delighted with that.  The farm house could be lit up inside, animals all sleeping.  Working fields, tractors have lights so those could be dimly lit as you plant.  Everything else would be so dark, almost blacked out in some deep shade of purple.  Something for GG to think about.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 04.11.2019
    It would be nice to have the snow, but other sites have it that isn't quite so bright.
    The year before last there were people who had problems with Big Farm's snow who didn't on other sites.
    Personally I like it, but in areas where it gets too bright I just put decorations/buildings to ameliorate it.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    An idea to make everyone happy.......give us the option of snow via a popup or something we can click on screen. Personally I hate the snow background but I know others like it so give people the choice.
  • the solution is easy let players who want snow buy the background and they can use if they want to.  By making it a gold sale, you soon find out who really wanted it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file