Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update Oct 29th - New Graphics, A Duck Community & More! - Discussion

Comments

• nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 187
    I wonder why they didn´t do the update before the HWE started. How hard can it be to coordinate things at their end?

Everything seems pretty difficult for them to co-ordinate  :(
    nola1 @ WWW 1
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    Yesterday it was missing dandy ducks coop from inventory - Now it is missing workers I upgraded two houses yesterday and I still only have 1 worker - I raised a candy house still only have 1 worker - Also note that in the viking farm it asked me to sell 230 flax I sold 300 no monies in the hold. weird small things - except for missing workers and duck coop - 

Victory Ridge Home of the the ROCKINEST Night Shift on the (us1)

• BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 186
    @ everyone..... The new fish tokens are connected to the Goldfish event & we will have more info for you about them, before the event is run again.
    I find it a bit strange that we now know something about fish tokens ... didnt they know anything about how to get the balloon tokens besides from buying them with gold ??? or are the question answered elsewhere??
  • AsterixMG (DE1)AsterixMG (DE1) DE1 Posts: 321
    edited 30.10.2019
    @ everyone..... The new fish tokens are connected to the Goldfish event & we will have more info for you about them, before the event is run again.
    I find it a bit strange that we now know something about fish tokens ... didnt they know anything about how to get the balloon tokens besides from buying them with gold ??? or are the question answered elsewhere??
    The Ingame-Help (the Questionmark in the lower right after opening the BallonWoF) says that they can only be bought or won in the BallonWoF, so my guess is, thats the answer...
    Buy them, or... ignore it >:)
    Es ist ein Spiel im Fehler augetreten! Als Entschädigung erhalten Sie einen neuen Käfer (Bug).
    -
    There was a game in the error! As compensation you receive a new bug.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 186

The Ingame-Help (the Questionmark in the lower right after opening the BallonWoF) says that they can only be bought or won in the BallonWoF, so my guess is, thats the answer...
    Buy them, or... ignore it >:)
    Not really ;-)  ...

• @artful (US1)yes I am going to allow my contracts to fill with auto harvest then never send them and let them sit forever, totally worthless is the markets now.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,405
    @artful (US1)yes I am going to allow my contracts to fill with auto harvest then never send them and let them sit forever, totally worthless is the markets now.
    I'm too frugal to do that. I'm just skipping them altogether. At least I won't have to look at those creepy faces.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 355
    Has anyone else noticed that 3 out of 6 contracts have XP add-ons ...  every single time.  Before, you could decline a few contracts to have all 6 that give dollars only. Not anymore since the update. This is nuts.
    I hadn't noticed this before since I decline about 95% of fish contracts.  (And I have never used the Organic Market -- ever.)  But I don't believe I have seen a contract without an add-on in quite some while.  BigFarm WAY (way, way, way!!) overestimates the value of its cheap prizes - so every add-on just makes the contract more easy to decline.  At least you get offered a new set of choices every half-hour.  So it's more a matter of how often you have to check in to clear the contract board until you get offered a contract that's worth filling.

Too bad the contract prices are 3 times what direct selling prices are (at least last time I checked) because I'd much rather just sell direct anyway.

Oh for the original days of DSF!!   :'(

signature by farmerjohn 22 (US1)

Has anyone else noticed that 3 out of 6 contracts have XP add-ons ...  every single time.  Before, you could decline a few contracts to have all 6 that give dollars only. Not anymore since the update. This is nuts.
    I hadn't noticed this before since I decline about 95% of fish contracts.  
    In both the organic and the fish markets, I declined any contracts that had add ons, so I always had all six contracts without them. When you crunch the numbers, you will see that they take away so much that you're better off just selling your overages when you harvest. The add ons are way over priced and can be gotten elsewhere in the game much more cheaply. For those not wanting the XPs, the contracts are worthless.

Now they all come with add ons. And the fish market has been nerfed as well. Before declining a contract, I compare what I would make just selling off the excess v. what I make with something useless or cheap added on. In the fish market, a recent add on was 2 violet seeds which deducted over $80,000 from the contract. I don't know anyone who would pay $80K for two violet seeds.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    In both the organic and the fish markets, I declined any contracts that had add ons, so I always had all six contracts without them. When you crunch the numbers, you will see that they take away so much that you're better off just selling your overages when you harvest. The add ons are way over priced and can be gotten elsewhere in the game much more cheaply. For those not wanting the XPs, the contracts are worthless.

Now they all come with add ons. And the fish market has been nerfed as well. Before declining a contract, I compare what I would make just selling off the excess v. what I make with something useless or cheap added on. In the fish market, a recent add on was 2 violet seeds which deducted over $80,000 from the contract. I don't know anyone who would pay $80K for two violet seeds.

Violet Seeds were nerfed months ago, when they added the Mermaid Bay products to the Fish Market.  You think $80,000 was bad? It was actually $500,000 in the last update. (For what it's worth, it was never $80,000 - the lowest Violet Seeds have been is $292,500).

I posted about it here:

I'm checking now to see if any of the prices have changed in this last update, but I won't know for sure for a few days as I work through some contracts.

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)

Violet Seeds were nerfed months ago, when they added the Mermaid Bay products to the Fish Market.  You think $80,000 was bad? It was actually $500,000 in the last update. (For what it's worth, it was never $80,000 - the lowest Violet Seeds have been is $292,500).

I posted about it here:

I'm checking now to see if any of the prices have changed in this last update, but I won't know for sure for a few days as I work through some contracts.

you are forgetting that they give them out as awards quite often, and the adventurer's boat gives them as well. I am literally covered up in them until I need them for events, and even then, I have tons left over for Golden Week. I don't know anyone who actually buys them.

edited 31.10.2019

I have been crunching the numbers as well. The prices for selling directly haven't changed, yet, so that is what I'm comparing.  The latest add on would have meant my spending $40K (give or take) for 127 horseshoes. 

Again, so many of the add ons are available as rewards, they do pile up. I couldn't imagine buying them under any circumstances.

So far, the walk-up prices have been just slightly higher than selling outright.

edited 31.10.2019

I have been crunching the numbers as well. The prices for selling directly haven't changed, yet, so that is what I'm comparing.  The latest add on would have meant my spending $40K (give or take) for 127 horseshoes. 

Again, so many of the add ons are available as rewards, they do pile up. I couldn't imagine buying them under any circumstances.

Horseshoes? In a Fishing Contract? That's new - haven't seen those before.

This is my current list that I'm verifying - but like I said it'll take me a few days (or more) to work through enough contracts to verify most of the prices.

(The stuff in Green are the ones I've verified so far)

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
    So far, the walk-up prices have been just slightly higher than selling outright.

The walkup prices are 5% over Direct Sales price (unless you get the 1-20% bonus for being fast). :)

Horseshoes? In a Fishing Contract? That's new - haven't seen those before.

This is my current list that I'm verifying - but like I said it'll take me a few days (or more) to work through enough contracts to verify most of the prices.

Sorry, the horseshoes were from the organic markets. I have been monitoring both, and after a few days, I still conclude that selling outright will serve me far better.

• GGS, please note: Regular Mining Licenses are not prize worthy. Receiving them as rewards in the HWE and in mystery boxes does not fill one with joy. 
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who thinks like this!  I have stopped doing the HWE's.
     I stopped with the last FHW. Now lets see what *special* items they will be giving out with 
    the rest of the events.  SMH

• Pax (FR1)Pax (FR1) FR1 Posts: 114

The walkup prices are 5% over Direct Sales price (unless you get the 1-20% bonus for being fast). :)

Walkup prices for me are just +1%, ie wheat 30$ direct, 30,30$ walkup (+1-20% for fast).
  • I can't make cookies.  As you can see there are plenty of cherries in the storage of the bakery, but it isn't recognizing them for the cookies.

Please fix this. I just did the final upgrade on my bakery so not sure if the problem is the upgrade or the fix, but I need to make cookies.

edited 01.11.2019
    I can't make cookies.  As you can see there are plenty of cherries in the storage of the bakery, but it isn't recognizing them for the cookies.

Please fix this. I just did the final upgrade on my bakery so not sure if the problem is the upgrade or the fix, but I need to make cookies.

The only items that pull from Bakery Storage are Fruitcakes, Apple Pies, Almond Muffins and Apple Turnovers.  Everything else (including Cookies) pulls ingredients directly from Main Inventory.

• I can't make cookies.  As you can see there are plenty of cherries in the storage of the bakery, but it isn't recognizing them for the cookies.

The only items that pull from Bakery Storage are Fruitcakes, Apple Pies, Almond Muffins and Apple Turnovers.  Everything else (including Cookies) pulls ingredients directly from Main Inventory.
    Thanks, I had forgotten about that. So I checked my barn inventory and have enough in there to do it as well.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,209
    Does GGS know that you had to reload the browser to get the CC to show up?  Is this a side effect of the change with regard to bonus timers?
    gavinfarms @ us 1
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 01.11.2019
    @gavinfarms (US1) Patience Grasshopper! :)

Best answer we could get when we saw the coats were not on that list, is that they"should" be fixed in the update.

during the update ggs doubled the selling price of the goods produced in the workshop, but very unfortunately it is still a miserable 20% of the original prices, not worth the gold they would like everyone to spend on any temp farm  

EDIT: "almost doubled"  only the coats have been adjusted to be 20% of the original prices

Sign In to comment.