Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 29th - New Graphics, A Duck Community & More! - Discussion

Comments

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    someone fell asleep with a green paintbrush

• BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    I just got the market hall change and was left unimpressed so far, navigation to the tabs I used to use are gone... having to re-learn how to do things is annoying.

How do I access the GUI to see what I've grown, produced and fished?
    In the tabs at the bottom, click on the barn, its the management icon now.
  • mmargaret (US1)mmargaret (US1) US1 Posts: 16
    1. please fix the log on issues/booting and bugs
    2. please get rid of the creepy faces on our contracts
    3. new graphics are great - but I don't care about graphics - so please fix the bugs and quit adding stuff that just adds more bugs
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    I just got the market hall change and was left unimpressed so far, navigation to the tabs I used to use are gone... having to re-learn how to do things is annoying.

How do I access the GUI to see what I've grown, produced and fished?
    thx... I figured it out, but it's a nonsense really to change the navigation around that's been a certain way for years
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will it ever be possible to earn a "balloon token" or are they for purchase only?
  • Judy (AU1)Judy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 34
    I dont like the market hall it looks like it should be more in a town square then on a farm. Why did you touch the market place for anyway. It was better the way it was before cos it looked like it fitted in.  Now it doesnt and looks odd with the other stuff around it. Whats with the cartoon characters for the pigs cows and chooks. What people dont know what they are when they see the picture?.

Where is our building tokens rewards in the HW do we lose them now too cos of the new communities for the duck and cow which are so expensive to buy. 

BF is changing perhaps not for the better. 

• If I click to go on the main farm I now get directed to the decorations box. Not helpful. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 30.10.2019
    Has anyone else noticed that 3 out of 6 contracts have XP add-ons ...  every single time.  Before, you could decline a few contracts to have all 6 that give dollars only. Not anymore since the update. This is nuts.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    This morning I had a dandy duck coop in storage won in the CC game - now it is gone all i have left is a candy house bought a week back. Also when i open a menu to inventory I see diamonds the pop up balloon then i can go anywhere and the popup stays not just diamonds any one I click first - I miss the dandy ducks.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    The only good thing in this update is the Booster start time ... if it works

• carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    I would like to know about the chicken stables. It is now showing you can upgrade them to level 17 now, is this right ?? because if it is then GGS has made a huge mistake and hasn't gotten the egg production right as a level 17 chick coop is showing a production of 112 with a level 6 book, which is what I am presently getting from my current level 9 chick coop.

I also dislike the new market building, definitely doesn't go in a rural farming scene, also it is way too large and those faces on the contracts have to go, way too creepy and not necessary.

Having to go from the contracts to the farm menu is very annoying, it now takes longer if you need to buy a small amount to finish off a contract, way too much going back & forth. This is definitely not an improvement to the game.

You know the old saying IF IT ISN'T BROKEN, LEAVE IT ALONE

Also where is our library books button from the bottom task bar.

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Perhaps the info on chicken coops going up to level 17 is a hint of things to come?
  • Eowyn12 (HU1)Eowyn12 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 168
    Why again? Why? Why? Why?

My HWE is killed yesterday with downtimes.... today I would like to play in peace....

I don't need any new things .... just I want it to work correctly....

I didn't get the prizes of WWCH I won. I wrote to the support and NOTHING HAPPENED.... This game is goes not to be bigfarm ... bigPROBLEM instead....
  • I would like to know about the chicken stables. It is now showing you can upgrade them to level 17 now, is this right ?? because if it is then GGS has made a huge mistake and hasn't gotten the egg production right as a level 17 chick coop is showing a production of 112 with a level 6 book, which is what I am presently getting from my current level 9 chick coop.

I also dislike the new market building, definitely doesn't go in a rural farming scene, also it is way too large and those faces on the contracts have to go, way too creepy and not necessary.

Having to go from the contracts to the farm menu is very annoying, it now takes longer if you need to buy a small amount to finish off a contract, way too much going back & forth. This is definitely not an improvement to the game.

You know the old saying IF IT ISN'T BROKEN, LEAVE IT ALONE

Also where is our library books button from the bottom task bar.

yep, i think we all agree that ggs's idea of "looking after your customers face to face" is a little creepy lol

in terms of the extra lvl's for the chicken coop, i think ggs double coded or just made a mistake there.

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 30.10.2019
    thx... I figured it out, but it's a nonsense really to change the navigation around that's been a certain way for years
    Atleast they should have given us a preview/warning and not just dump it on us.

Not to forget how important it is that they give us beforehand guidance to all new things they are about to implement so we can get an understanding and a place to return to and read up when in need. We want the gameplay to run smoothly, not have mindbending obstacles hindering us.

How hard can it be to keep us in tune with how-to-do new things?

• FuzzyBear (FormerMod)FuzzyBear (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 131
    edited 30.10.2019

yep, i think we all agree that ggs's idea of "looking after your customers face to face" is a little creepy lol

in terms of the extra lvl's for the chicken coop, i think ggs double coded or just made a mistake there.

Yes, The Chicken Coop being upgradable to level 17 is a display error. It's been reported.

{Edit: This was fixed in the hotfix this morning. If you're still seeing the issue, reloading the client should fix it.}
    Post edited by FuzzyBear (FormerMod) on
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.10.2019
    @artful (US1) yes I am having huge problems trying to get contract without XP.  Looks like markets is now total bust, I don't want contract with xp. . I think I will fill what I have and not send them.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on

• " Now you can make full use of any boosters!"  another big lie from GGS, def not true for AU server

@Southern (US1)  starting booster when first log in does not help AU players.  We are usually on line when rewards are given, it is always just BEFORE we go to bed so we ALWAYS lose 8hrs and we will still lose 8hrs of booster time GFR booster time of 6 and 12hrs still worthless to AU server.  This is why we should be able to start boosters ourselves, when we are ready,  With time limit on how long we get before WE start it.  This will make US players happy but not AU region, but then who cares about AU server def not GGS.  AU players have been saying this for years, but they don't listen

And noone else sleeps?
  • Yeah, i have missed out on a few time reductions because i went to sleep before the event ended.

My forum button and the full screen/minimize screen buttons don't work.  I hope those are being looked at. 

You can use F11 as a workaround.
    I have to be careful as some of those F keys cause me to reboot.

Edited to add:  Tried the F11 but it doesn't minimize.  A few weeks back I was harvesting items from the Candy farm and in the middle of harvesting my screen shrunk down to a smallish square.  I tried everything to no avail.  I contacted tech and they gave me a direct link to the game but it didn't make any difference.  I was forced to play in full browser mode which i don't like doing as i accidentally grab the sides and resize the screen a lot, or i accidentally move the task bar from the bottom to the side.  But i no longer have a choice so i have to use full browser mode.  All the F11 does it go from full browser to full monitor and i hate that.  But, it still doesn't take me to the forum so i have to keep an extra window going for the forum.  The tech person Bob said he would pass on the info about the buttons not working.  My forum button did work when i first joined but a few weeks later it stopped.

• I don't care for the added pictures to contract screen or the new market building.... Too much stuff going on, just like the coop village.
  • Sometimes my screen suddenly minimizes, too.  I've discovered that it isn't actually the game but my computer.  I go to the tools menu & check.  Sure enough it has resized in there.  I haven't figured out why it happens since it only happens when I'm farming.  You might try looking into the tools (on chrome it's the 3 dots in the upper right corner) to see if you can correct it from there.  Worth a try, right?  Happy farming!
  • Pax (FR1)Pax (FR1) FR1 Posts: 114
    3. new graphics are great 
    Seriously ?...

• EllaC (GB1)EllaC (GB1) GB1 Posts: 35

I completed the Three weddings and a rigmorale (wedding planner) event and it gave me this message.

GGS, please note: Regular Mining Licenses are not prize worthy. Receiving them as rewards in the HWE and in mystery boxes does not fill one with joy. 
    @artful (US1) yes I am having huge problems trying to get contract without XP.  Looks like markets is now total bust, I don't want contract with xp. . I think I will fill what I have and not send them.
    Well. they've added a few things besides XP, but it's still 3/6 contracts with add-ons. When I fill those, I wonder if all contracts will have add-ons, in which case, I'll just direct sell.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    @setxfh (US1) no delaying the 1/2 time production is only good for US server, we still have the problem, as we are online when rewards are given and then go to bed on 1 or 2 hour later so we STILL miss most of the 1/2 time production.  GOOD for US bad still for AU.  We NEED to be able to say when we want to start 1/2 time production, within a certain time frame, ie 1 or 2 days from when reward was achieved.

of course this would not be a problem if we were robot or we pay someone to do our farm while we sleep.
    why cant you just log off right before it ends, if you are going to log off in an hour or so anyway.  Then it will be ready to start in the morning when you wake up.

• I completed the Three weddings and a rigmorale (wedding planner) event and it gave me this message.

@EllaC (GB1) Thanks, that has been reported.

@ everyone..... The new fish tokens are connected to the Goldfish event & we will have more info for you about them, before the event is run again.
  • there must be someone at GGS that has a calendar ?
    hmmm...
    maybe not    lol

please fix existing game issues before adding additional " broken " content to an already " broken " game
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.10.2019
    for those who say why not log off before event ends so as not to lose 1/2 production time, have not thought it out.  If we log off before  it ends means we are not able to participate in ANY other event during that time. Like CC, temp farm, DW, weekly event that are running or are about to start.  That is NOT a solution (if you were told the only way to get a reward was to log off and not play for 2hrs, when you normally play, what would you say? That is what you are telling us to do).  Why should we have to give up our night of play just because we live in AU, IN or JPN. What is so hard about rotating times of start of event.  Or what is so hard about at end of event or when we log in "you have won 1/2time do you want to start now or select delay for when to start on drop down' this is not rocket science, it is logical and makes EVERYONE happy. not just those who are about to go to bed, but also those who are going to work to select a time that suits them best when to start 1/2 time.  Yes US sleeps but now they now lose no time due to sleep as 1/2 times starts for them when they wake up, not a couple of hours before bed.

They went to all the trouble of making it so not to start 1/2 time when log on, would not have been hard to give us the choice when we want to start, they wasted all that work time ruining market so it is no longer worth using ( no just farm$ contract only now give stuff that we don't want), all that time to add useless graphics around farm.  In all this update was total waste of man hours, for useless graphics and destroying market.

@a@"artful (US1)"   EVERY contract I have received since update ALL have add on most give 2500 xp, got 0 just farm $  market is now waste of time.  After binning 6 contracts this is what I got back, this is same after 36 contracts binned so far

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
Sign In to comment.