Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 29th - New Graphics, A Duck Community & More! - Discussion

Comments

• Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    One tab for storage and market was much useful than this new system, and those faces...  makes me feel shared sense of shame.
  • No one official has said anything about balloon tokens only being available for gold.You can buy extra tokens for any of the other wheels but you can also get them from other sources as well. 
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    how does this duck community bldg. work. can other players sparkle your ducks while they are in there. not much info

why did they remove the cow community??

nevermind, you must be on main farm, sily me lol

thank you for this, I was wondering the same thing!lol
    I would guess that it works the same as the cow community which means no you cannot charm the ducks once they are in it and no the large duck coops wont fit
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 29.10.2019
    Can we lose the cartoon characters in the Fish Market?
    With the old, more compact display, you could see both the rewards for the contract plus the products needed in one glance.  Now with the weird faces and broader display you have to keep swiveling your head back and forth to see whether this is a contract to fill or delete.

The graphics are cool, guys, but when they ruin user interface functionality, you need to cut back some.

Agreed. Plus they look either like they're about to pull a knife on you, or they are out on a weekned pass.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    40 minutes. so much for short downtime
    Yesterday's announcement said today's maintenance would be approx 60 mins
    Why did'nt they do it late at night? like 3am
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
  • gldnhvst (US1)gldnhvst (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    very disappointing  none of my animals move any more  all stand still  no movement  of pigs  cows  or ducks, hate it  very poor development   hate the new market  on any farm    pumpkins all disappeared  they moved the in game chat over to far left  prefer it in the middle where it was & I do not know any one who wants sunflower seeds as a prize  I feel like I just received a booby prize every time I get sunflower seeds, if they want me to spin that new baloon wheel  they need to remove sunflower seeds & make it worth my while

gldnhvst
    very disappointing  none of my animals move any more  all stand still  no movement  of pigs  cows  or ducks, hate it  very poor development   hate the new market  on any farm    pumpkins all disappeared  they moved the in game chat over to far left  prefer it in the middle where it was & I do not know any one who wants sunflower seeds as a prize  I feel like I just received a booby prize every time I get sunflower seeds, if they want me to spin that new baloon wheel  they need to remove sunflower seeds & make it worth my while

gldnhvst
    I agree with everything you posted except for the sunflower seeds. I hoard them along with seaweed humus and rake it in during events.
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    Since today's update, having problems harvesting. Even though there is plenty of room, says barn is full.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844

@ gldnhvst (US1) Is the problem at your farms alone or at other farms at your server? Have you tried the usual, cookies, cashe, restarting aso?

Animals move at my farms, chat is at the same almost center place. No idea about pumpkins though, I had found them all before the downtime. Some do find sunflowers useful during some of the events, they give lots of points so maybe you are missing out on that option with them?

Keep smiling :smile:

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

gldnhvst
    I have the same problem, in fact I was just gonna post about this. The only animals that run around now are cow in the tropic and candy cowsheds.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Oh man, and they screwed up the Market delivery truck!  Now it works (sic) like it does on the Fishing Region - the dollar amounts of the contract and the bonus are both coughed up in the same place - no way to tell how valuable that bonus is.

Can GGS PLEASE make their coders play the game so that they know what is important and what is not?
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    Nice change ... always nice to see happy faces  :wink:  

Now we only need pictures for goat, duck, donkey and apiary  :smile:
  • Sanic (AU1)Sanic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 53
    Two things I have noticed straight away..... chicken coop displays as 9/17 - suggesting there are now 8 more upgrades that can be done, but if you hove it says max reached.

If you are silly enough to try it anyway, the construction window opens and you cant close it forcing you to reboot.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Green rectangle blanking out the Friendship Meter at the Adventurer's Boat.

Yes I wondered about that myself. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be that way or not,
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    I just got the market hall change and was left unimpressed so far, navigation to the tabs I used to use are gone... having to re-learn how to do things is annoying.

How do I access the GUI to see what I've grown, produced and fished?
    buy balloon tokens with gold - I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!
    That's what I wanted to know... how to get balloon tokens... so its only a cashers event, thx for the info
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Can we get rid of the silly faces on our contracts please. It's very offputting.  It was fine the way it was before.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Dressage/Racing mixup for the Horse competition is not fixed
  • Set (US1)Set (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    edited 30.10.2019
    Huge change to the market... you put on some pictures. Well done team!!!

Still cant access fish market contracts until visiting flower farm or DSF. 

You could at least give us some darts to throw at the new balloon so we can get rid of it if we have zero plans of using it. 

Seems as though more errors were added than repaired as well. 

All kidding aside-

Lets try to be positive, has anyone noticed an improvement in anything they interact with daily? 

ROFL-still kidding 

One positive I have seen, thank you for delaying 1/2 time until we log in. I have missed over half of the ones I have earned. This is a huge improvement. 

If your time does not workout perfectly, you have the option to stop playing earlier to ensure you get half time when you can use it best. I dont see a downside here. 

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.10.2019
    @setxfh (US1) no delaying the 1/2 time production is only good for US server, we still have the problem, as we are online when rewards are given and then go to bed on 1 or 2 hour later so we STILL miss most of the 1/2 time production.  GOOD for US bad still for AU.  We NEED to be able to say when we want to start 1/2 time production, within a certain time frame, ie 1 or 2 days from when reward was achieved.

of course this would not be a problem if we were robot or we pay someone to do our farm while we sleep.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Lets try to be positive, has anyone noticed an improvement in anything they interact with daily? 

ROFL-still kidding 
    I found one upgrade that is incredible!!! Check this out.

We got a bench outside the main farm!!! What to do with it? They spent so many hours making that little gem. 

WHY??? I bet this was work of some intern who didn't get paid because it probably caused bugs and has nothing to do with the game working.
    Karma points aren't working in the Trader's Building here, either. :(
    @setxfh (US1) no delaying the 1/2 time production is only good for US server, we still have the proble, as we are online when rewards are given and then go to bed on 1 or 2 hour later so we STILL miss most of the 1/2 time production.  GOOD for US bad still for AU.  We NEED to be able to say when we want to start 1/2 time production, within a certain time frame, ie 1 or 2 days from when reward was achieved.

of course this would not be a problem if we were robot or we pay someone to do our farm while we sleep.

It has to be better, not saying perfect. Now you have the option to stay logged in and use it immediately or log off just before earning it to save it for best use. 

Adds a bit of strategy, one thing they have been removing rapidly from the game. 

Log off early, spend time with friends or family. Delay the usage until you have nothing better to do. Not Ideal for HWE, but overall it gives some sort of flexibility. 
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    @setxfh (US1) no delaying the 1/2 time production is only good for US server, we still have the proble, as we are online when rewards are given and then go to bed on 1 or 2 hour later so we STILL miss most of the 1/2 time production.  GOOD for US bad still for AU.  We NEED to be able to say when we want to start 1/2 time production, within a certain time frame, ie 1 or 2 days from when reward was achieved.

it does not help the US sever much more. the events still end around 3am and new ones still start around 4am which means if you want to start the new event say before your 8 hour job.you still lose out on the time it takes you to go to and back from work and what ever your work time is. or like me i personally tend to go to bed around the time the event starts. so i lose out the same as you. i will just have to start ending the game sooner at night. and starting it later on in the day. but personally losing out on the first 9 hours of a event because i logged off right before the event ended and not back on intill ready is way worth having the entire booster time. i might even actually try doing the goldfish now. and i have done that before with the CHW booster cause it already works this way. i just did not play for over 12 hours because i know it would have been wasted. at least now we have a little bit more of a chose when to use it. you just have to decide if it is better to logg off right before the event ends and not back on intill ready. or keep playing when the event ends and waste your boosters.
    edited 30.10.2019
    @setxfh (US1)  so what you are saying because we live in AU when event is coming close to end we can't play that night.  That is ridiculous.  So any other event that is still on we can't do.  That is not any sort of solution.

As I said previously, this is great for US but a big slap in the face with a wet fish for AU.

There are 2 ways they can fix this properly for everyone.  Let us say when we want to start 1/2 time OR rotate start times for events, as has been requested many times to be FAIR for ALL.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 30.10.2019
    All I am going to say is , well done this time around Game Team, :)
    Update> I just went to see bout the Duck Community on My Gourmet Farm, and I have to say that I think 60k Blue Diamonds is a bit pricey don't ya think? , I won't be getting those nope.
    Fish slap seems extreme, as I said not perfect but gives some sort of flexibility. A hot moment of good baskets can put you at a faster pace than others on your server if you use some strategy.

I work well over 8 hours per day, nothing works in my favor. I do my best to help my cooperative in any way I can. 

I can not start HWE until 12 hours after it starts or more. even with 1/2 time im in a hole.I am not the US server, just a player. 

Are you saying the change is worse or better? 
    edited 30.10.2019
    Sorry but this is totally slap in face with wet fish.  Totally insulting to AU players.  GGS have now recognized there is a problem with the way that the 1/2 time is started.  So lets make US happy and just ignore AU with very similar problem.  AU server players are always being ignored and yet again.  NOT happy and feeling very insulted that we are not good enough to worry about.  It is only AU, IN and JPN server we will just ignore those 3 they don't matter, but at least we will make Yanks happy.
    Can we get rid of the silly faces on our contracts please. It's very offputting.  It was fine the way it was before.
    I agree, for people who suffer from Scopophobia they should remove the faces... :wink:
Sign In to comment.