Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Halloween Festival - Discussion

157»

Comments

• Ok so when this pumpkin hunt started I was short 1 each day. Now that has been fixed, but today 15 minutes before the daily restart 1 was stolen. I checked several times that yes I had all 35 for today. Green checks across the board, but now I am missing 1 from my main farm ie 5/6 no green check mark. I am so done with this glitchy game. I already had to use my free search to find the invisible pumpkin. I will not waste real money to find more. Get your act together GGS fix the game BEFORE making more glitchy junk (see the totally broken fishing game)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Well some good news there @syrlia (US1) they have reduced the total number of pumpkins required to get the last reward by 35.
     Also you may have a chance to get the last of your missing pumpkins on the last day as they usually add extra time in lieu of the short first day.
  • Getting an error message when I try and collect

This is an invalid ID.

Support-Info: 
    Command: PBEpisodeCollectandsearchepisodeSearchFoundResponse
    ErrorCode: 3
    Timestamp: 1477779570
    Zone: 15
    PID:295671

Is that 'cos even though I haven't collected all the pumpkins, I have collected enough for the last deco?  I'm a completionist in gaming =P I was still trying to collect all the pumpkins, even though I got the last deco =P
  • I found enough candles for the scary flag and howling witch castle a few days ago. They are really nice looking so I placed the flag on each farm and the castle on my flower farm. Then I stored the castle in inventory so I'd have room to build a house for workers until the cabin got done upgrading. A couple hours later, I logged back in thinking I'd destroy that house and put the castle back where it was.

But the castle had disappeared from my inventory. After clearing caches a few times to be sure, I put in a ticket along with screenshots but haven't heard back yet. I'm happy the flags are still there at least but the castle was also very nice so it's disappointing. I've been wondering if that has happened to anyone else in this event. Also, when things go missing like that does customer support return them or is the player just out of luck?
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 31.10.2016
    Getting an error message when I try and collect

This is an invalid ID.

Support-Info: 

Is that 'cos even though I haven't collected all the pumpkins, I have collected enough for the last deco?  I'm a completionist in gaming =P I was still trying to collect all the pumpkins, even though I got the last deco =P
    I get that error message too. I've received the deco as well but thought I might try and collect all the pumpkins for fun.  ;)

Maybe it has something to do with daylight saving time ending over here? Servers sometimes hiccup when these changes happen...
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

This is an invalid ID.

Support-Info: 

I get that error message too. I've received the deco as well but thought I might try and collect all the pumpkins for fun.  ;)

Maybe it has something to do with daylight saving time ending over here? Servers sometimes hiccup when these changes happen...
    You can't "collect them for fun". Once you hit the magic number of 315, the event is over. Collecting any pumpkins after that (to try and get to 350) is just going to generate errors.
  • The goal for Halloween was 350pts.  The last prize was for 315pts.  I made the 315pts but wanted to achieve the goal of 350 for myself.  Didn't want an extra prize for reaching the goal, although one would have been nice, but I wanted to achieve the required points for my own sense of accomplishment.  I was disappointed when the game wouldn't let me do so.

My question if 315 pts. would win the challenge of the event why wasn't the goal for the challenge 315 instead of 350?  I feel cheated for not being able to reach the 350.  I'm not nitpicking although it may seem as if I am but when the game itself has a reachable goal that is available for a person that works full time and has an opportunity to play during lunch and after work if not to tired from the daily grind why would you make it more difficult to have that feeling of accomplishment by rigging the game to the way it is?

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    @MsWalker (US1) The pumpkin hunt was for 350 spread over the 5 farms but GGS botched it and had to lower the number Well done for finding the 315. I didn't even find half. 
  • @MsWalker (US1) The pumpkin hunt was for 350 spread over the 5 farms but GGS botched it and had to lower the number Well done for finding the 315. I didn't even find half. 
    Another but answered thanks Lesley :)  I found all 350 but it wouldn't acknowledge it :(
  • Don't click on the Halloween event!  You'll get this:

....and then you will need to clear your cache & restart the game, 'cuz it's gonna freeze!
  • I am so disappointed with this event. I log in every day after work. The first day of the event I didn't get home until 10:30pm so I logged in around 11 and found the event already on Day 9. It must have actually been Day 8 because the next day after work (~8pm) I still had all the pumpkins found from the night before. I was told that we would have an extra day, but I just got on (~8pm, Wisconsin USA) and the event is over even though there was at least 22 hours left last night at 10pm. So somehow, even though I log in every night about the same time, I missed 3 days of this event.
  • Baysurfer (US1)Baysurfer (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    Hi Guys,

Have fun discussing the latest announcement!

I need one more pumpkin on my flower farm and even used to 'Show me' option which only bounced me around the area. Still no pumpkin! 
    edited 25.10.2019
    Hi Guys,

Have fun discussing the latest announcement!

I need one more pumpkin on my flower farm and even used to 'Show me' option which only bounced me around the area. Still no pumpkin! 

When you hit "Show Me", what area of the screen does it take you to?

If it's the Parking Lot, check behind the vehicles in the parking lot - there's one pumpkin along the back next to a post that's really hard to find unless you clear the "!" off the vehicle first.

If it takes you somewhere else, let us know where and we can probably tell you where the pumpkin should be.
  • Can you find this pumpkin? Click show spoiler when you give up.

Here it is

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well Halloween is by far my most favorite holiday.  But the unexpected down time yesterday, then later for me we lost internet, my US farm it seems will NOT make it for either one.  Giving it up.  Sad, I really like the decos and new flag but it's just not possible with only some 15 hours left.

Two of my other farms got the pumpkins this morning.   Then I was trying to place it, using the store objects tool, decided to store a few left overs and clicked "store everything."  NEVER DO THAT PEOPLE!  I thought that meant store everything I had in that window.  Nope.... Every last deco on my farm popped into storage and of course there is no undo.   MOST of my deco takes time to rebuild.  This is going to take forever.  Meanwhile happiness is in the toilet so farming anything is out of the question. 
    After a bout of cussin, and just walking away, (lost internet again this morning.) Decided to just plop one deco then go work my other farms.  

THEN I get a very angry note from one of the best players in my team who was trying hard to do the HWE and oh, another event, one I typically ignore.   I helped sparkle his fields, a few others did as well.  Then poop, game closed down for repairs.   He lost his place and announced he isn't doing the HWE for the duration.  

GOOD GAME.   Don't you people test anything?????? SO MANY on going and newly discovered bugs.  Rather than making new graphics how about making the game more reliable?   And running multiple events on top of each other maybe isn't such a great idea?   Especially when just about every event you do is time sensitive, but then without any notice the game just shuts down?   Between that, and the fact that just adding a few extra words of instruction IN GAME like "store all deco ON YOUR FARM" might have saved me hours of frustration rebuilding stuff I already built once.  BTW why do we have to wait for stuff we already waited for once anyway?  Seems unfair.

Way to drive your most loyal people off this game. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784

This is an invalid ID.

Support-Info: 

You can't "collect them for fun". Once you hit the magic number of 315, the event is over. Collecting any pumpkins after that (to try and get to 350) is just going to generate errors.
    I go and collect the additional pumpkins for the fun of it and don't get any error... actually I do it because they are there and calling me LOL
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    Pumpkin event ended.  Usually there is a pop-up if you haven´t collected all candles and you get an offer to buy the deco and flag. No pop-up  came today, so no chance of buying the deco? I didn´t manage to collect all the candles. Any one else missing the pop up after the event?

BREAKING NEWS - BREAKING NEWS

2. Anyone who's pumpkins are still not resetting automatically, should have got a new set today, after the downtime, but like last time, they will most likely stop again, as the cause has not yet been found - Please find any pumpkins that you do have available & continue to collect the drop items to get the other deco & next week (after the event has ended) the team plan to compensate - There is no need to contact Support about pumpkins.

• landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93

BREAKING NEWS - BREAKING NEWS

2. Anyone who's pumpkins are still not resetting automatically, should have got a new set today, after the downtime, but like last time, they will most likely stop again, as the cause has not yet been found - Please find any pumpkins that you do have available & continue to collect the drop items to get the other deco & next week (after the event has ended) the team plan to compensate - There is no need to contact Support about pumpkins.

Thank you. And I got the pop up regarding the Halloween event deco. This year a little later than usually.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I gave up on the whole thing.   Didn't even log in today.   Phoey!!!!!
Sign In to comment.