Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

opinions

ive been playing this game for many years now,was a simple funny way to pass some time here.right now i see the game getting more complicated and repetitive, to many things at the same time, to many currencies( wwc coins,lucky coins , diamonds ,monument coins) not to mention dollars and temp currencies, too many bugs and errors. same rewards over and over when we are lucky to get them right.boring events like HWE. ive been many times one step away to leave this game and im still here ONLY because of people and friends i made in this game. in my opinion (surely noone in GGS will consider it) things must change. first the game in my opinion should become more simple again. a new package of revamped decos and buildings should make things more atractive. some new events, possibly short ones. the game should be more affordable for more people( i understand is a bussines, but if GGS will listen a little more to us they will NOT loose money) a new calendar with new events removing some boring silos for example, less CC, the integration of some currencies with each other. and so on. only some general personal opinions. if anyone have better ones please share. we all try to make this game better ,everyone in their own way

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Love this idea. I am starting to feel the same way. Rework after rework to take away any decent rewards worth working 4 does not make the events any better or more fun to do. Like @amber3 (INT1) I to wish it would revert back to a more simple FUN game & if it wasn't for the great folks I've met through the game along the way. I would be temped to leave it all together.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    @amber3 (INT1)  Love your ideas and so agree about staying because of great people and friends I have made. 

To quote you:  ( i understand is a bussines, but if GGS will listen a little more to us they will NOT loose money)  - Getting GGS to listen is so very difficult. 

Thank you for the post! 
    :) 
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Totally agree! I have been so close to leaving a few times... but we have a small, tight knit coop and they feel like family to me.  If not for them... I would have gone a while ago now. I'm not a gold buyer, so they don't care about MY opinion, though.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Totally agree as well.

I usually do all events to varying degrees. I've always finished the weekly events and played all temp island farms. And I usually participated in coop events.

in the past 3 weeks or so, I have not started any of the weekly events or the temp island. I have done minimal input in CC, VF, HWE or FL (mostly just incidental playing as I harvest). I barely even spend time on my main farms. I set up the farms first thing, then spend the majority of my time on the Dream World. In the Dream farm I am not pitted against others for competition after competition, I am not inundated with pop-up offers, and I can work on my farm as I choose. Just like the original game when I started 5+ years ago. Dream World truly is a dream come true for me. Otherwise, these days I would only be logging in first thing in the morning and before going to bed.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 20.10.2019
    I wrote this the day before yesterday but didn't know where to put it;
    7 years in one coop, with a number of members, with whom I previously played Farmer.

The pleasure of playing Big Farm if you do not use gold is completely removed, such as the Viking farm.more difficult. The Village fair,no more gold mine certificates 

An extra competition, if you are already playing a competition ("Farmers League") to get as many diamonds (gold for GGS) as possible.

As many events as possible at the same time. 

Then they start an extra farm, where you can't even talk to your coopmembers when you get there. They really don't make it any more fun to play. If that Dreamfarm returns after a week, I will end it after 7 years, not that anyone from GGS will be bothered by that, but it is a pity..

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 20.10.2019
    I am hoping dream world returns after 2 days, I love it free easy to get diamonds at 0 cost from permanent farm what is not to love. due to the 0 cost and everyone can get diamonds gold buyer and non (gold buyers get more as they should).  They can get rid of FL as far as I am concerned, total waste of time, just another way to force more CC.  Agree they have destroyed VF and now viking farm.  Waiting to see if they have also destroyed FHWE.
    I agree @Byron Longford (AU1) I hope the Dream World continues to return (without revamping it!) But yeah, I too wish they would allow chat with your coop there though.
    The only two events I really enjoyed are were VF and FHWE. Well, they just killed the VF and I am pretty sure they will destroy the FHWE too.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    Dreamworld with chat is another story, but as it is now, it takes away the coziness of the coop.
  • mystique (INT1)mystique (INT1) INT1 Posts: 17
    Dreamland is a solo event, not good for the spirit of a coop, is only my humble opinion.
    At least, throw in some SHORT exciting events worth the efforts, do they not notice how many people are leaving ?
    I think they just don't give a damn.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 22.10.2019
    I don't see the chat as a problem, I have both DW and regular farm open at the same time (my PC handles 2 tabs opens, no problems at all, may be problem for PC that can't handle this) so I still see all the chat.  I am still on my regular farms most of the time and drop into DW every so often.
    Dreamland is a solo event, not good for the spirit of a coop, is only my humble opinion.
    At least, throw in some SHORT exciting events worth the efforts, do they not notice how many people are leaving ?
    I think they just don't give a damn.
    I really don't want any events there. It is just a temp farm you build. Period. There are daily tasks which I like, and that's enough.
    The thing I actually like about Dream World is that there are no events or sideline competitions. If they put in events there I would probably not play it.
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    It would be very nice to see some new short events created, with good rewards.
    And maybe less silo's, cause i am really getting more and more in the mood to throw people in it, lol.
    Rewards and hard work rewards in HWE are useless, not worth the effort.
    And, wooow, viking farm, must have been quite a brainstorm coming up with that one, or more like, a storm without brains, became pointless to play it this way, i guess those who came up with this new idea to play it, not  are the sharpest pencils i the box.
  • sally2016 (GB1)sally2016 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    I have read the previous posts and agree the game has become a chore and not enjoyable anymore. But like many of others I have joined a coop and made many friends.  What has really peeved me is the FHWE, why oh why are not all the fishing holes available especially as the event is running.  I have apprx. 6 hrs before the product changes and will need swordfish next. Do I have that product available, NO, so for me to continue I will have to use gold to pass to the next product or just sit the event out. With the calender, we all had the opportunity to fish ensuring we had the products saved and ready to harvest.  Not all of us want to use gold, but we all want to see a fair game. 
  • Louisa (US1)Louisa (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    I haven't been playing BF very long but am already bored, so I play less and less.  I enjoyed reading comments from seasoned players and at least the opinions validate some of my sentiments.

I don't play w/ purchased gold at all, only gold I've received freely from playing. At my level 72, I began the Viking Farm because it looked so awesome. But now I see no real point in developing it more than I have. I'm throwing farm dollars into the farm for what???  Oh yeah, runestones to exchange for a few piddly special seeds.....Hmmm....

I have been successful enough to have won a Grand House. I've also earned apartments for each of my farms. I should be upgrading with a half-time booster right now, but true-to-form, GGS has not given the top players their winnings -- including those half-time boosters.  How unfair!  How frustrating!

The side events and larger events appear to be forcing players into becoming keyboard monkeys. To 'get ahead', GGS offers gold to speed things along....clever, huh?  REAL dollars are needed to play with fake-dollars.

Spending money is the point of the BF game, not customer satisfaction.  If GGS didn't make money, the game wouldn't exist. As with all online games, there is a strategy the gaming industry uses. The game strategy preys on the player's needs, and many times the game businesses are successful. With BF, the high number of software bugs in this game, and the poorly developed customer paybacks for time/money expended, this game is losing players out of their frustration and boredom. They've done it to themselves.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    edited 25.10.2019
    I wrote this the day before yesterday but didn't know where to put it;
    7 years in one coop, with a number of members, with whom I previously played Farmer.

The pleasure of playing Big Farm if you do not use gold is completely removed, such as the Viking farm.more difficult. The Village fair,no more gold mine certificates 

An extra competition, if you are already playing a competition ("Farmers League") to get as many diamonds (gold for GGS) as possible.

As many events as possible at the same time. 

Then they start an extra farm, where you can't even talk to your coopmembers when you get there. They really don't make it any more fun to play. If that Dreamfarm returns after a week, I will end it after 7 years, not that anyone from GGS will be bothered by that, but it is a pity..

I agree, the friends made is what keeps me here.  The Dream Farm is just one huge competition broken into 4 parts.  I stopped playing it during the second week.  I enjoy the viking farm for the most part but the increase in helmets needed and daily tasks where multiple tasks are requiring the workshop, tankards and tunics each day, really??? Can barely squeeze a batch of helmets in.  Played the candy farm twice and its terrible and I won't bother with that one again.

The FL is a joke putting low level people against those in levels 3 and 4 hundred, seriously?  There is no fun in starting out knowing that you have no shot at a medal.  If it weren't for friends here I wouldn't bother at all.
    Post edited by BigSparty (US1) on
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    why is it every time you upgrade this game it screws up quit adding stuff that does not belong on a farm and quit catering to the high ranking cooperatives
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    My gripe is that we spend a lot of time designing our farms to the way that we want it to look by adding skins, decos etc.  GGS then does an update and adds buildings that aren't in keeping with that design and changing things that we don't want changed as in the faces on the contracts which look less than average.
    Why not put it out to vote through the forums before making these changes, then they may not have so many unhappy customers.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We've suggested several times that they might want to run proposed changes by the players before implementing them to see whether all that work is wanted -- of course, then they'd run the risk of hearing that bugs needed to be fixed first. LOL!
  • MLady Lia (US1)MLady Lia (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    The point of GGBF is to make $$ for GG... as long as there are co-ops and players who will, literally, spare no expense to buy the top spots, GG will never change. What those goobers get out of buying a title baffles me... it's like getting a participation trophy. Who cares? If I bragged out in the real worls how I beat five other players in a dung mission, I'd get laughed at... and deservedly so. I was in a pig mission a few days ago and a level 60-something beat the tar out of my 15 pig pens, 2/3rds of which are level 9. He has THREE level 6 pens. Congrats, Bubba (with apologies to anyone who's Nom-de-farm is 'Bubba'... that wasn't the player's name). You win. I can only guess what you spent in gold to manage it.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing left here on BF is the friends I've made and chatting with them when we're on at the same time. I don't do the events. I've stopped fulfilling the regular contracts... just wrapping up the big fishing contracts - as long as GG lets them last. When those are gone... well... so long. It's been real and it's been fun; but lately, it ain't real fun. I'm just taking up server space.

• 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    this is getting ridiculous now. not only we get more bugs like the missing cc timer now but also instead of getting less CC they become more often.is usless to use this forum anymore
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    so true
  • SophieLo (US1)SophieLo (US1) US1 Posts: 27
    soooooooo..........CC every 3 days now, instead of once a week?  That's just great......ugh......I think I've lost my motivation.........anyone seen it?
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    The game has become so boring.
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    same old, same old including the bugs. playing less and less
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Same old, same old ... can´t really say that. Dream world is new :wink: Still I absolutely agree that there is too much of everything pouring down on us in the game. We are farmers not adrenalin junkies! A more relaxed pace would go a long way!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file