Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Viking Farm

Comments

• where do i find the seeds for cultivating the cloudberries ?

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    where do i find the seeds for cultivating the cloudberries ?

@SAADAT PATHAN (AU1)  You can buy the seeds for cloudberries in the new Trade center in the parking lot.

They are found under the "Runestone trader" tab.  :)

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    The Viking Farm has been the Tropical Farm in drag up to this point. Are there now distinct differences?
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    How about fixing everything else before revamping another temp farm / event!!!  :/
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    The Viking Farm has been the Tropical Farm in drag up to this point. Are there now distinct differences?
    Im pretty sure its the other way around Rusty, tropical farm is viking farm in drag. LOL
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    How is it possible. I checked the ranking and I see a player with 1 million points. Then I checked that payers farm, and he/she did not even start teh nordic farm. Again points from the last event that has been transferred to this one?
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Well spotted, there are 5 of them :(
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Im pretty sure its the other way around Rusty, tropical farm is viking farm in drag. LOL
    Tropical Farm came first.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    How is it possible. I checked the ranking and I see a player with 1 million points. Then I checked that payers farm, and he/she did not even start teh nordic farm. Again points from the last event that has been transferred to this one?
    My guess, it open one of the new currency mystery boxes and contained 1mill runestones (I got 1mill seashells from 1 of them no so long ago).
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Sorry but these temp farms are a huge bore.  Ignored most of the time.
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    i'm going to be the voice of decent, i think lolol. i love the new viking farm.....but where are the 50% prime sales on the DWF???? 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The extra 60 workers that you can buy for gold....this is twice as expensive as on the Island.....is this not a mistake?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Gotta say, its awesome for the free construction slot :)

And also, you can buy Small special ducks and Special donkeys for currency :D
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Watch out in the trader center when it comes to page 15& 16 of the Runestone trader deals. Theses last 5 items are incorrect & will hang the game.
    Just like the new island farm, the Bank is a problem.  You have to be able to transfer more money.  What is the point, if you allow farm cash to become a bottleneck?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Just like the new island farm, the Bank is a problem.  You have to be able to transfer more money.  What is the point, if you allow farm cash to become a bottleneck?
    I suspect that the point, from GGSs side of things, is that you should spend ££ to buy gold to bypass the bottleneck.  (not that I plan to    lol)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Upgrades on the Viking farm seem to be taking forever after working on the dream farm with such short upgrade times. You spoiled me GGS :)
  • Boyka (IN1)Boyka (IN1) IN1 Posts: 156
    Upgrades on the Viking farm seem to be taking forever after working on the dream farm with such short upgrade times. You spoiled me GGS :)
    LOL!! true :wink:
    We get the turbo harvester, but we were also promised the swift seeder.  Why do we not have it?  We pay for it.

Also, why is there no repeat on the workshop.

Things like this, make the upgrade look sloppy.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 18.10.2019
    it is not well balanced.  with the 4 penguins you are to build for side tasks (chapter 1, task 4).  The mill at level 4 can only support 4 penguins and nothing else (15mins for 10 penguin feed).  Mill does not get up to level 4 for a while (level 3 what the task say to be at, can only produce enough feed for 3 penguins) so even when you do get mill to level 4 it does not produce enough to support all animals. 

The ONLY way you can do this now is you MUST buy books to get mill to produce enough feed.  This viking farm is now ONLY for GOLD buyers to complete.  Waste of time for the rest of us not even worth starting

edit:  by the end you need to have 5 penguins and 2 seals and the mill can not even produce enough to feed 5 penguins. guess they just sit there looking pretty and those poor penguins starve to death.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • SAUGATA4 (IN1)SAUGATA4 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    it is not well balanced.  with the 4 penguins you are to build for side tasks (chapter 1, task 4).  The mill at level 4 can only support 4 penguins and nothing else (15mins for 10 penguin feed).  Mill does not get up to level 4 for a while (level 3 what the task say to be at, can only produce enough feed for 3 penguins) so even when you do get mill to level 4 it does not produce enough to support all animals. 

The ONLY way you can do this now is you MUST buy books to get mill to produce enough feed.  This viking farm is now ONLY for GOLD buyers to complete.  Waste of time for the rest of us not even worth starting

edit:  by the end you need to have 5 penguins and 2 seals and the mill can not even produce enough to feed 5 penguins. guess they just sit there looking pretty and those poor penguins starve to death.
    Hehe whenever GGS balances you must know it is balanced for using more gold. Just look at the number of stones you get by selling the Viking Workshop products. They have been reduced drastically. Maybe 1/10 of what they were previously. Now it is not possible to reach the final hard work reward without using huge amount of gold. 
  • SAUGATA4 (IN1)SAUGATA4 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    Thats not then only one. As you progress in the farm you will find many new bottlenecks created by the balancing act of GGS and the only solution is use gold. Maybe from now onward GGS should include one more line in their announcement of changes and balancing ie. "Henceforth you will require a lot of gold to play this event " 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    This viking farm is now ONLY for GOLD buyers to complete.  Waste of time for the rest of us not even worth starting
    That's a very extreme stance Byron. I have never completed a temp farm but then I have never tried to yet. I aim to complete the book tasks to a certain level, earn lots of runes/shells and buy lots of seaweed products/ special buildings. Certainly not a waste of time.   :¬)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I agree with @Uncle John (GB1)

Finishing a temp farm never was a goal for me. Now, because of all the events, I put minimal effort into them and still manage to have enough rune stones to make substantial purchases.

edited 18.10.2019
    I normally complete EVERY temp farm, but not able to anymore due to their re-balance.  I refuse to pay for books for temp farm, so another on the dog poo pile.  GGS greed is really getting worse.  At least before you could complete if you had the time, now not even possible unless you spend gold for books.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    event ruined

unless you sub and throw gold at it, pretty pointless

who ever did the rebalancing is brain dead from a player point of view - 1440 tankards at 60 per round lmaooooooooooooo

dude whoever you are, go play the game and get all those tankards and see how much fun it was for you
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 19.10.2019

It might be much more difficult to do the same now, just check the new selling prices of the goods you produce in the workshop

it's another dark twist by ggs  

This viking farm is now ONLY for GOLD buyers to complete.  Waste of time for the rest of us not even worth starting
    That's a very extreme stance Byron. I have never completed a temp farm but then I have never tried to yet. I aim to complete the book tasks to a certain level, earn lots of runes/shells and buy lots of seaweed products/ special buildings. Certainly not a waste of time.   :¬)
    I agree with @Uncle John (GB1)

Finishing a temp farm never was a goal for me. Now, because of all the events, I put minimal effort into them and still manage to have enough rune stones to make substantial purchases.

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
    edited 19.10.2019
    @artful (US1) @Uncle John (GB1) but they have also reduced the amount for selling products so rewards will be a lot less.  Not to mention all the farm $$ you will need to spend to get lesser rewards. 

edit: forgot also due to not balance correctly you will produce less and even less rewards.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    the reworked event is clearly aimed at getting players to sub - repeat harvesting is almost a necessity unless you're at the comp 24/7, and the revised speed of the elements of the event pretty much requires you to be there that often anyway

seriously, 1440 tankards at 60 per round, which translates to 24 rounds, 24 frigging rounds, are you kidding me?

unless you gold the workshop it's gonna take forever if you live a life that has some semblance of normality
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    @Byron Longford (AU1) just a question. Have you bought books for other things? Why are you against books for temp farms? The books are permanent.
Sign In to comment.