Home General Discussions & Questions

Copy messages

Alaa Ali 1 (INT1)Alaa Ali 1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 624
Hello
I can't copy anything in chat or private messages for more than a month although I used many browsers but
that's doesn't work..
Note _ I know that I can use right click or use CTRL + C to copy and   CTRL + V to paste..
But all of this doesn't work..
I need a solution to this problem!

Thanks in advance
Post edited by Alaa Ali 1 (INT1) on

Comments

• Highlight the text and hold Ctrl and C at same time to copy and whereever you are pasting to hold Ctrl and V at the same time. I hope this helps. It what I have to do :)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,442
    I have that happen now and then, even using the usual control c or v. I find I have to copy whatever, paste it into a word document, copy from word, and then paste it into chat or e-mail. Doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• In my chromium based browser I highlight text then open the browser tools to cut or copy. 

• Alaa Ali 1 (INT1)Alaa Ali 1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 624
    edited 15.10.2019
    Thanks for your reply everyone..

But I know that I can use right click or use CTRL + C to copy and CTRL + V to paste..

All of this doesn't work..This is my problem 

• ~~Mona~~ (INT1)~~Mona~~ (INT1) INT1 Posts: 994

But I know that I can use right click or use CTRL + C to copy and CTRL + V to paste..

It's not your problem, it's been a problem in the game for many, many months, unless HTML5 came in.
    You need to log out and log in again, sometimes several times for the copy to work.  :/

~~Mona~~ (INT1) Coop CAMERON FARM

It's not your problem, it's been a problem in the game for many, many months, unless HTML5 came in.
    You need to log out and log in again, sometimes several times for the copy to work.  :/
    Ohh sorry It's a late response from me.. I didn't open the forum from milions years.  :D 

Thank you for the info..

And There's an another way to fix this problem without log out/in.

Space bar in the coop chat, copy-paste the 'blank' space, then copy the texts you want. It should fix whatever is preventing texts and links from being copied.

That's working very good with me..I hope same for u.  :)  

• Howdy, You could also use an application to take screenshots of the text

its a little bit of a workaround , but see if it could work :)
    Howdy, You could also use an application to take screenshots of the text

its a little bit of a workaround , but see if it could work :)
    It's a good Idea.

Thank you   :) 

• Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    Two great apps to help are Lightshot and Notepad ++ Use Lighshot for screenshots and Notepad ++ for removing all links and text enhancements before pasting again.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,865

It may not work every time but most of the time it does 
     this is how I do mine
     To copy & paste - highlight the text then click Ctrl + c(Control & c) at the same time to copy then paste into note book/text document to save for future use.

Need help check CrazyBigFarm
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,492
    It's never worked for me. 
    See what I do when not playing silly games.
    http://ArtmakersWorlds.com
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,442

Mine doesn't work either most of the time. I usually just copy whatever it is, paste it into a word document, copy that, then paste it into the message. 

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

@Artmaker (GB1)

Space bar in the coop chat, copy-paste the 'blank' space, then copy the texts you want. It should fix whatever is preventing texts and links from being copied.

Mine doesn't work either most of the time. I usually just copy whatever it is, paste it into a word document, copy that, then paste it into the message. 

It may not work every time but most of the time it does 
     this is how I do mine
     To copy & paste - highlight the text then click Ctrl + c(Control & c) at the same time to copy then paste into note book/text document to save for future use.
    Two great apps to help are Lightshot and Notepad ++ Use Lighshot for screenshots and Notepad ++ for removing all links and text enhancements before pasting again.
    Thank u all... It's working with me now  :)

@Artmaker (GB1)

WHAT?  Space bar????? I have NEVER EVER EVER copied or pasted using the space bar.   What are you talking about?
    @Artmaker (GB1)

WHAT?  Space bar????? I have NEVER EVER EVER copied or pasted using the space bar.   What are you talking about?
    Write a blank space using space bar like this, then copy and paste it. (Ctrl + c  for copy & Ctrl + v for paste)

After that copy and paste the texts you want from the game normally.
    This trick should fix whatever is preventing texts and links from being copied.

Oh how strange.  That actually seems to work.  Thanks!  I'll try it for real in the morning.  Just did it using a text editor but yea, it worked.   Very cool.

BTW... mac here, it's command not ctrl.  Does the same thing though.  CMD C CMD V.  

Probably because long ago it had the apple logo on it.  Might be why Windows couldn't steal it.  
    Just a little fyi. 
Sign In to comment.