Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Ripper Street

Curious to know if there are any other "Ripper Street" fans out there. I know I'm behind the times as the show is "old" in television time, but as a non-television owner I recently discovered the show on Netflix while house-sitting and found it one of the best written, researched and well acted shows I've seen in a long time. Granted it was a BBC show then picked up by Amazon, so it's not likely to be well known in the USA, but it's worth a try. Any other fans? Thoughts? Your favorite character?

Comments

• Sue33 (US1)Sue33 (US1) US1 Posts: 60
    I love this show and was gutted when they stopped it on BBC but so happy when Amazon picked it up.

Wish they would bring out another season.

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    We watched it on Netflix, I think it was...... and loved it.  We like a lot of the British dramas.  Midsommer Murders was great too and of course Downton Abbey.

• I love this show and was gutted when they stopped it on BBC but so happy when Amazon picked it up.

Wish they would bring out another season.

Glad you liked it. I'm re-watching it for the fifth time now. So well written and well acted... gritty... I still discover new things each time.
  • We watched it on Netflix, I think it was...... and loved it.  We like a lot of the British dramas.  Midsommer Murders was great too and of course Downton Abbey.
    Yeah, I enjoyed Midsommer Murders too... liked the Barnaby characters, but Ripper Street to me just has that something special. Perhaps it's the character of Bennet Drake... the fascinating and well developed back-stories of all the characters, the excellent dialogue... it just has me totally in a spell!
    Agreed, it was very special!
  • Agreed, it was very special!
    As a South African living in the USA, I am more inclined to enjoy the British offerings on television too. "Keeping Up Appearances" never grows old for me either, neither does "Inspector Morse". I guess it's just a cultural thing, but the actors look more like real people... lol... in the USA shows they all look the same "artificial" Hollywood types to me. I live with a friend who watches soaps, and it sickens me... also can't tell one program from the other because the characters all look alike... lol.
    Keeping up appearances was great! Did you ever watch 'Allo 'Allo?  We didn't get to the end of it and it was taken off Netflix.. I don't enjoy the soap opera trash either!
  • Keeping up appearances was great! Did you ever watch 'Allo 'Allo?  We didn't get to the end of it and it was taken off Netflix.. I don't enjoy the soap opera trash either!
    No, I have not heard of it, but I'll look for it. I used to watch "Are You Being Served" and "Fawlty Towers". Another good, modern crime drama I enjoyed was "Luther". So many good British shows, I can't even remember all their names. Oh... silly, but I did like "Mr. Bean" too... but Ripper Street is one that will be memorable to me forever. I think it is only the fourth TV show in my life I'll always have a soft spot for.
  • Sue33 (US1)Sue33 (US1) US1 Posts: 60
    edited 16.10.2019
    Keeping up appearances was great! Did you ever watch 'Allo 'Allo?  We didn't get to the end of it and it was taken off Netflix.. I don't enjoy the soap opera trash either!
    No, I have not heard of it, but I'll look for it. I used to watch "Are You Being Served" and "Fawlty Towers". Another good, modern crime drama I enjoyed was "Luther". So many good British shows, I can't even remember all their names. Oh... silly, but I did like "Mr. Bean" too... but Ripper Street is one that will be memorable to me forever. I think it is only the fourth TV show in my life I'll always have a soft spot for.
    Luther is another one of my fav dramas.  Prime Suspect was another great drama that was on UK tv (it is an old one now had Helen Mirren as a DCI)
    I also like Bosch. I like quite a few dramas like these but the names are eluding me at the moment lol
    Luther was a good one! 
  • Luther was a good one! 
    Yes, Luther was good! Enjoyed Bosch too, but the books were a little bit better in my opinion. But... even though there are other shows that are enjoyable, Ripper Street is just that standout in my opinion... lol... I'm now watching the entire series through for the fifth time. Guess I am addicted.
    have you watched Poldark? or Downton Abbey?

• have you watched Poldark? or Downton Abbey?

No, I have not. I don't own a TV (by choice). I discovered Ripper Street as I was working as live-in caregiver for an elderly couple and accompanied them in the evening watching Netflix and some of their other shows. I work as a housekeeper now and have access to Netflix only in the evening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file