Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Village Fair

Comments

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    I WAS a gold buyer for 6 farms. We DID spend gold on the CCs. Only 2 of us are playing at all any more, and we're no longer buying gold.
    We will stay for a while, as others are counting on us and we don't like to be quitters (and maybe it'll get good again?), but ... sigh
    Looking for another game.
    You are not alone GrammaLeah , I say all of us should just refuse to use any more gold and even refuse to do the events . This is just too much 
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 11.10.2019
    I WAS a gold buyer for 6 farms. We DID spend gold on the CCs. Only 2 of us are playing at all any more, and we're no longer buying gold.
    We will stay for a while, as others are counting on us and we don't like to be quitters (and maybe it'll get good again?), but ... sigh

Sadly, it's become a disturbing trend Leah. Many who once played this game for sheer enjoyment now play only out of loyalty, to those who depend on us, and hope, that it will get better. 
    Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • MLady Lia (US1)MLady Lia (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    Send me a message when you find one and let me know what it is. I - and several in my coop - are looking, too.

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 11.10.2019
    other problem now with personal rewards being taken away and replaced with co op, small farm are not doing anything to help the co op, they can just sit back and let the large farms do all the work for them, just like CC.  Main reason I hate CC.  I don't mind helping small farms as long as long as they are willing to help, but as soon as you make rewards co op based they sit and do nothing.  Attitude is usually my little bit won't help so why bother.  When they have their own rewards, based on their level, amazing they put some effort in
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Hm , For those interested

The gold rewards are actually kinda increased for most

Top 5 gets 8 gold box  thats in average 8.8k in gold value ( and everyone in the coop gets it )

Also, other top coops, gets some as well , so definetely more rewards for more people overall :D
    edited 11.10.2019
    that is GGS false logic, to try make us believe the change was good for the players.  Nobody here will ever believe that.  It was the exact logic they used when the took they GML away from CC

if it is now better for the players overall and worse for GGS, I call and many others are saying there must be no problem about returning to how it was.  So return it to how we all liked it so no more players leave the game.  We have already seen long term players leaving.
    edited 11.10.2019
    Well, Byron, its actually better with Gold box over direct GML

Goldflower seeds are better than GML if u ask me ( as my mine only returns 2k gold every 48 hour )

But, honestly, I'm not sure, that i see much diminished rewards, maybe on an individual perspective

But the Fair is and always been a Cooperative event , And if i remember correcly, i think you said in the past you liked to play it ( unless it was only for the GML ) not actually playing it

They splitted Divisions , And top coops, gets very nice stuff , I have a hard time seeing diminished rewards...

As you have to compete with 2 less divisions full of coops for this one

Rank 11-15 coops in each division, that means 45 whole coops, gets at least 4 Gold box , Thats 4700 gold value average

Rank 6-10 coops in each division , that means at least 30 whole coops, gets at least 6 Gold box , Thats 7050 gold value average

Of course, you can always be unlucky, and get no gold reward , but i also did'nt include all the other things awarded

Anyway , just saying, the rewards did'nt diminish that much ( even if it appears like that, if you dont look closely )

I wish everyone a nice day <3
    edited 11.10.2019
    the hard work rewards have always been personal, now they are co op.  This is very bad.  small co op, huge disadvantage, small farms now do nothing and rely on large farms to do everything, they don't bother to help now.  Before they could go for the personal rewards no problem and would do as much as they could to get their rewards for their level.  GGS is just making the exact same as CC.  Players ARE leaving.  You are the ONLY person who thinks this change is good for the players.  Not 1 other person has said they think it is great, everyone else is not playing VF anymore.  Our co op is in platinum league, but we now have no interest anymore and will not take part in this rubbish GGS deals out time and time again.  Another event on the ignore list, gone from we can't wait for it to come ( complaining where is VF) now they can shove VF where the sun don't shine, right up there with CC.

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    This is so very dissapointing.  this was the event my coop looked forward to the most. We always thought the chance of most members winning a gml or two (or three) made it all the more attractive but that has been taken away.  I cant see that the new rewards are any better than the old rewards, and now on top of all of that the matchmaking for the farmers league is no longer match making, just random luck.  Do they just want everyone to quit playing?
    Yeah the matachmaking isn't much fun when you are matched with people that have a hundred levels on you and well established farms against new people.  Where is the fun in that for the new people?

• dcamm (US1)dcamm (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    Village Fair...?  Did they take away the great individual prizes?  I used those to  motivate our highest players to earn those gold certificates which really took us to the top.  Many exhausting nights!  Maybe I am overlooking them or ?    
    edited 11.10.2019
    @dcamm (US1)read back in this thread the last 2 pages are complaints about the GML going, started page 7
    edited 11.10.2019
    Well, they might have removed individual GML for individual players but they improved rewards for MORE TEAMS , Top 15 coops in Diamond have fairly not many points ( I'm sure if you try a little bit with your team  with a little bit of team effort and teamwork  you could get there without that much trouble 

I could solo a top 15 result fairly easy with those overdivided divisions ;o it reduces drastically the strenght of competition to be honest it actually could be fun to achieve a top 15 result for your coop

In any way you play how you want

I'm sure many coop actually likes those changes :)

it gives more importance to "Cooperation and Teamwork" rather than "Individuality to reach rewards"

but thats just my opinion  just stating what i see :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    How did they improve rewards? There were 3 gmls in hard work rewards within reach to most players along with a number of gold boxes that potentially could add to the gold rewards for the event. Now we have useless junk and an 8 gold box (blue gold box) ranking rewards if u happen to finish top 5. I once received 20,000 gold + from the hardwork gml's and gold mystery box combos, u think the new rewards line matches that?? Oh Puhleeeeeease! Spare me the crap!
    Yeah its top 5 needed but there is more divisions, so in reality its kinda like a top 15 result

Do you have teammates?
    I do have team mates and up until this recent joke of a VF we had a brilliant strategy that gave most of them the 3 gmls. We tend to dominate VF's usually finishing top 2 or 3 every time so "my team mates" get the 3 gmls, and the 5 gold boxes and the themed stables for rankings.....more often than not quite a bit of gold totalled every time the event appeared. Now its just downgraded junk.......very very similar to a CC reward line in my opinion. This is not an improved VF, its an absolute stinker and there's very little to be positive about if the rewards line stay as they are......
    edited 11.10.2019
    Well, in my book an event that cost 0 ressource and still reward 10k gold + many other things

Is still great

I fail to see where a village fair is'nt rewarding - anyway have a good day

Now if we do quick maths

a coop with 30 players that manage to finish in top 5 

with an average of 9500 gold per player = 285000 gold awarded to the coop, for 1 fair

Now - you can do math for a coop with 75 players

Go ahead and tell me, this is'nt extremely lucrative rewarding - Please point me where im wrong
    edited 11.10.2019
    a co op with 5 players who each could get GML now get NOTHING or very little for the same effort.  if it so good for everyone why is 90% of players unhappy.  Make 90% of players happy and change it back

Well - I will have to disagree with your 90%

It definetely makes more individual players unhappy

but i guarantee you that lots of small/medium coops are currently PLAYING the event, to get the gold :)

They probably love to see those rewards there as a goal to work together to achieve it

Or maybe not - who knows really, and I'm done with that topic - I've said all i had to say
    Its a farce in comparison to what a VF use to be.....and therein lies the problem. GGS claims its an improvement and that is a blatant lie. Also not sure where u r getting 10k gold from? 8 gold boxes, especially the blue kind doesnt guarantee u any gold, its luck of the draw. Chances are high u will open 8 and get 0 gold from it.
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    we have same problem in our coop on SKN
    most players complain they dont receive the decos we have won

a co op with 5 players who each could get GML now get NOTHING for the same effort or very little.  if it so good for everyone why is 90% of players unhappy.  Make 90% of players happy and change it back
    I agree.  We have a small co op and we used to work together so we all would get GML's, now pffffft.
    edited 11.10.2019
    Its a farce in comparison to what a VF use to be.....and therein lies the problem. GGS claims its an improvement and that is a blatant lie. Also not sure where u r getting 10k gold from? 8 gold boxes, especially the blue kind doesnt guarantee u any gold, its luck of the draw. Chances are high u will open 8 and get 0 gold from it.
    Yeah i don't see any gold either.  I see cowsheds that look like someone puked pea pods on them and that need skins immediately.  I often forget to check chests and its not uncommon for me to open 20 at a time and to not have gold in them.  The possibility of gold is a far cry from actually getting gold.
  • Sonnentanz (DE1)Sonnentanz (DE1) DE1 Posts: 149
    edited 11.10.2019
    I can confirm the statement that gold drops are quite rare from gold boxes. I started to write down any drops from them a while ago and so far I found the following droprates:

Golden Gold Box (52 boxes):
    - 1x Gold Mining License ~9.6% (found 5)
    - 3x Goldflower Seeds ~7.7% (found 4)

Blue-Golden Gold Box (32 boxes):
    - 2x Gold Mining License ~9.4%  (found 3)
    - 5x Goldflower Seeds ~12.5% (found 4)
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    it happened again this morning, should have received 6 buiiding coins, got nothing. Easy to be sure, my tally is still zero ;)
    Seems that rewards reached when you're not online aren't given.
  • EllaC (GB1)EllaC (GB1) GB1 Posts: 35
    Prize number 60 in the Coop Hard Worker Reward, for the Village Fair is a decoration, but myself and a number of my other coop members have not received this prize. Are we likely to, or do we just forget it?
    it happened again this morning, should have received 6 buiiding coins, got nothing. Easy to be sure, my tally is still zero ;)
    I'm in the same co-op as Mrs M.B didn't receive reward 60 nor the decoration at reward 80. Can't say if we're missing building coins or anything else as yet. I wasn't online when the decors where given but got a mystery box that was another reward given when not online... seems hit and miss.
  • cej1 (GB1)cej1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    500,000,000 points needed for all rewards ?
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 11.10.2019
    Well - I will have to disagree with your 90%

It definetely makes more individual players unhappy

but i guarantee you that lots of small/medium coops are currently PLAYING the event, to get the gold 

They probably love to see those rewards there as a goal to work together to achieve it

Or maybe not - who knows really, and I'm done with that topic - I've said all i had to say

Exxy said
       ============================================================================================,
        And if the coops are not in the top five, they have nothing, only nonsense prices
        While previously if players could still earn gold certificates, even if the coop was not on the top ..
    Post edited by Maggiltilda (NL1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    It happens with other hard work rewards as well, I don't know how many (who keeps track of cash registers :D)
    but am certain I didn't receive 2 building coins and ghost rods.
    No, I'm not going to write support for a couple of feeble rewards but it should be looked into, especially for players that are able to reach more worthwhile ones.
    we have same problem in our coop on SKN
    most players complain they dont receive the decos we have won

Prize number 60 in the Coop Hard Worker Reward, for the Village Fair is a decoration, but myself and a number of my other coop members have not received this prize. Are we likely to, or do we just forget it?
    I'm in the same co-op as Mrs M.B didn't receive reward 60 nor the decoration at reward 80. Can't say if we're missing building coins or anything else as yet. I wasn't online when the decors where given but got a mystery box that was another reward given when not online... seems hit and miss.
    Contact support - about the only chance you have at getting what you worked for :(
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    A lot of the members in our coop are not receiving their hw rewards.
  • GoodShep (US1)GoodShep (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    our coop is up to prize 116, and i havent seen any decos or theme boxes  in my drop box, and i havent received any construction tokens
Sign In to comment.