Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Village Fair

Comments

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Eliminating the GMLs was a big mistake.  Eliminating the themed stables as a reward was a big mistake. Making it a challenge only for co-op ranking was a big mistake. Offering only cheap Cracker Jack prizes was a big mistake. Not fixing the things that were actually wrong (limiting who can choose challenges and fixing the filters) was a big mistake. Promoting this degrade with hypey "we're sure you'll love it" lies was a big mistake.

Kimmiecat got it exactly right - Now that virtually none of the events is worthwhile to play, my farm is getting comfortably quiet, much more like when I started playing this game 5 years ago.  GGS should take a lesson...

Kimmiecat (NL1) said:
    Another event  down the drain. No reason for me to play it anymore.
    It is getting nice and quiet on my farm with more and more events no longer worthwhile to play. It is almost beginning to look like a strategic/simulation  farming game.
    Thanks GGS.
    And VAM hit what I think is a VERY important point - before this degrade, the event accommodated both those co-op members who wanted to play hard and those who wanted to take it easy.
    VAM (US1) said:
     I didn't mind that most of the coop ignored it and only got points if they happened to harvest something we needed as they went about their normal gameplay.  I didn't mind because the ones who took it seriously got rewarded with decent prizes for their effort.  
  • I moved to another coop and now I an NOT getting any points..........WHAT'S UP
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    A disappointment that the GML disappeared from the rewards, though I kinda was expecting it, since it has been the pattern for about the last year an a half (to remove achievable GML/goldflowers from rewards). Shame.

You did expand the rewards for the coops and that is nice, though the newly rewards offered for top 5 is just a type of chicken coop, which I fear for some is not really much of a reward as if you just log couple of times a day a chicken coop doesn't amount to much. It would be nice if instead we could get as a choice the equivalent WWC coins value or if at the very least half. If WWC coins are not an option, please consider including other options than just chicken coops.

On another note: the challenge support rewards are broken. They are marked as already owned though they advance as you get the points (i.e. it has all marked as owned, but at the beginning of the challenge the first one is being shown and as you score points following ones are shown as you cross the number of points needed to obtain them). I have been checking my stock of products before and after and from what I see they are not being rewarded at all. Not happy.

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    A disappointment that the GML disappeared from the rewards, though I kinda was expecting it, since it has been the pattern for about the last year an a half (to remove achievable GML/goldflowers from rewards). Shame.

You did expand the rewards for the coops and that is nice, though the newly rewards offered for top 5 is just a type of chicken coop, which I fear for some is not really much of a reward as if you just log couple of times a day a chicken coop doesn't amount to much. It would be nice if instead we could get as a choice the equivalent WWC coins value or if at the very least half. If WWC coins are not an option, please consider including other options than just chicken coops.

On another note: the challenge support rewards are broken. They are marked as already owned though they advance as you get the points (i.e. it has all marked as owned, but at the beginning of the challenge the first one is being shown and as you score points following ones are shown as you cross the number of points needed to obtain them). I have been checking my stock of products before and after and from what I see they are not being rewarded at all. Not happy.

Challenge support rewards did;nt work on the old version either so i expect this will be another bug that will run for a year at least 
  • I believe the dream farm is causing problems with the game (don't like the dream farm anyway) because if I come back from the dream farm the village challenge tab shows no challenge but tells me I cannot start a challenge when there is one running. I have to refresh my game & the challenge shows. Then I cannot collect items to participate. I cannot participate in the village challenge like this! Before I explode I guess I should stay off the game for a while!

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Does anyone still want a deep sea fishing revamp??? Based on this absolute crap revamp of what used to be my favourite event I dont want GGS to touch any event or feature ever again. Easy solution to get them to notice we are not happy is for everyone to stop buying gold but there's a handful of win at all costs rank obsessed fools on AU server as im sure there are in other servers ruining it for us all.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
       Oh snap! I agree with 99.9% of complaints over this foolish crap- The Rat ( Father_ess boy c_ild's ) have ruined the whole thing -  Game is wonkey after you visit the Dream farm - NO GML's Not happy at all -
    no Gmal's won on the WOF in a long time it will stutter and then pass it or give you 1 Seaweed humus every time ( droped 90+ tokemns 3 times now)- Prizes my ahhhaa Im sitting at 19 thou points the next prize on the VF takes 56 thou + points - Why the Horrible spread - 6 people are playing the VF  EEEBDYEBDeY thats all folks.
             Intolerable absolute disrespect for the way the game was founded and played for years. Used to have fun here and liked the way of it - Now I will go out side and dig post holes b4 I turn on this game - I play 5 or six games of solitaire b4 I get the nerve to click the shortcut here. For Christ sake Im reading the Yahoo news before I load the game - Who the Heck is  Kim Kardashian and why do I even know that -  Oh yea cause Im Drinking Coffee with Lester instead of playing.-  Why ?- I know this has to go further than GGS Greed. I loved this VF - I loved the old way also when you challenged the lower or upper Coop - there was a store you could use your medals to get things that made you happy -  Happy is the word b4 this rework - Now Dog kickin - bubble bustin - soul aching sadness  - Topped with Depression overload - I think Ill take a break and just farm while I watch Coops fall into the abyss. 3 players have left of late and you cant even find there farms with search - Good people -  Sorry if Went South with the idea of posting how upset and disturbed I am over this -

Mods if you need to delete this post please do  Please dont delete me I will be better after a nap and a coffee I hope

• New Village Fair reward lines are horrible. Especially for small Cooperatives, or Casual Cooperatives. I used to be able to get decent rewards by myself, but now that the single player reward line was taken away...I'm lucky to get 3 rewards this time? Depends on who logs on.

If you want to encourage Cooperative play, that's great, but don't hurt the solo players.
  • MLady Lia (US1)MLady Lia (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    LOL... we're an angry mob, milling about with pitchforks, tar, and feathers (gathered from our very own duck ponds, barns, and deep sea off-shore drilling rigs)... and not a single GGBF spokesperson has the testicular fortitude to come in here and even venture the tiniest defense for the totally moronic, completely idiotic, thoroughly ignorant, unintelligible cockup they've made of this game.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    We're 3 in our little coop, whereas I'm the most active, VF is very little interesting now the GML's and other better prizes is gone.

Their long awaited automated reward system is beginning to work (See previous post from Good old CM_Hunter) We have discussed this many times earlier.

This system is designed to vary rewards with small changes from time to time - it is also designed to need as little service as possible. (We feel that already)- Finally it's going to be rolled out in all their games-so forget about we yelling should make any difference.
    - This is what's in their investor presentation, their stocks are rising like ever before - and they have an extremely lucrative business!

Oh, best part is The Big Brands made new record in monetization (+18,9%) this summer - wonder how/why ?

Sigh...

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Well done GGS: Another event I will ignore.

GGS said they were sure we'd love the changes... Shows how out of touch with their player base they are. Removing decent prizes and replacing them with useless stuff is not an improvement.
    I participated in one VF challenge before work this morning. I will not do another. Complete waste of time, energy and farm resources for 'prizes' I don't even want.

• connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    It occurs to me that the long-time players (those who remember 'the Good Ol' Days in the game) are slowly being driven off. We've seen all GG's tricks. We've been stripped of most - if not all - the good reasons to play. We no longer buy gold. We're just in the way.

GG needs room for fresh-faced, eager young space cadets who don't remember winning a gold mining license; who haven't seen all GG's tricks; and who will buy gold.

Awww... don't mind me. I'm just an ol' fart who'll be over in another browser window looking for a new game to play. I believe I'm juuuuuuuust about done with this one. Microsoft Solitaire is better... at least less annoying.
    Agreed my friend!  :s So sad!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Well done GGS: Another event I will ignore.

GGS said they were sure we'd love the changes... Shows how out of touch with their player base they are. Removing decent prizes and replacing them with useless stuff is not an improvement.
    I participated in one VF challenge before work this morning. I will not do another. Complete waste of time, energy and farm resources for 'prizes' I don't even want.

Voice of reason, as always. 
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Right with the rest of the folks here. Very upset over the removal of the GML from the VF rewards. Another good event down the drain :(
    So now the only event that may have the GML will be the FHW & that's only if they don't change it before it runs again.
     Now we have the VF & the FHW events once a month & the rest of the month we get the CC, HW, & the CHW
    Great!!
    The last FHWE was Aug 24.  There was NO FHWE in Sept.  Its already been 6 weeks since the last one.  Fun and incentive are at an all time low.
  • Terra1111 (US1)Terra1111 (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    I guess it would work replacing personal rewards with coop rewards,  if the coop rewards were good ones.  To get any decent ones at all you have to get millions of points.  There's no way you can get to the good prizes, so it's a waste of time and seaweed.  

Instead of 'oh boy, it's an upgrade', it should say, "WARNING Village Fair has been nerfed, enter at your own risk".
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    And people wonder why I'm scared to death of them "Revamping" Deep Sea Fishing. :cold_sweat:
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    24 MILLION POINTS to get the first decoration? !!
    And NO personal rewards?
    sigh
    and I liked this one, too.

•   "Rewards from the Village Fair WoF have been adjusted."

Yeah, they "adjusted" the GMLs out of there too. Doubt I'll ever be able to finish upgrading my water towers and workshops now.

"Rewards from the Village Fair WoF have been adjusted."

Yeah, they "adjusted" the GMLs out of there too. Doubt I'll ever be able to finish upgrading my water towers and workshops now.
    They've "adjusted" just about everything in this game that made it worth playing. I feel like all of us are standing in front of Darth Vader and his next line is, "Pray I don't "adjust" it any further."
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    What is this now?
    The timer is showing wrong time. Its the first time I have noticed it.
    Check the time showing on field and in farm switching place.
    Both of them are different.

Too many bugs specially after this update.

• Mrs M.B (GB1)Mrs M.B (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    Prize number 60 in the Coop Hard Worker Reward, for the Village Fair is a decoration, but myself and a number of my other coop members have not received this prize. Are we likely to, or do we just forget it?
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    This is so very dissapointing.  this was the event my coop looked forward to the most. We always thought the chance of most members winning a gml or two (or three) made it all the more attractive but that has been taken away.  I cant see that the new rewards are any better than the old rewards, and now on top of all of that the matchmaking for the farmers league is no longer match making, just random luck.  Do they just want everyone to quit playing?
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 10.10.2019
    Seriously - I am frustrated, dissapointed, mad, furious and sad. The only event in this game that actually gave joy, has now turned into nothing. BUT I will give to you GGS, you are very skillfull to just deliver another crisis, when the one at hand gets too dirty. Now you think you can forget all about the mess up in rankings and not active players winning all the gold-medals from the late HWE. Rest assure, we will not forget it. Also rest assure, that at some point very soon, you will have lost a lot of good players. Personally I have only 1 more big disaster to come, and I am gone.

I don´t have the right words for you, but JOYKILLERS comes to my mind.

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I am very disappointed in the VF revamp. So very upset that you have taken the GMLs out of yet another event. I used to push on this event so I'd get those GMLs but now I have lost my apatite for this event also. Now there are no events I feel are worth my time.

Please consider a new revamp on all events and give us back a reason to do them.
    You do realize that no one will spend gold to excel in an event if the rewards are not worth it :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    No never forget it - send your trouble to support - You may get lucky ;)
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Without anyone like moderators or CM's giving any real reason for the revamp conclusions are 

It's deliberate to lower the interest in the village fair so as to increase the interest in the CC's :D 
  • shehara (IN1)shehara (IN1) IN1 Posts: 42
    Not happy at all with the new 'improved' version.. -_- i wish to see the previous version soon..
    Thank you.. 
    Have a nice day <3

edited 10.10.2019
    Without anyone like moderators or CM's giving any real reason for the revamp conclusions are 

It's deliberate to lower the interest in the village fair so as to increase the interest in the CC's :D 
    Oh, the reason for the revamp is to give us new stuff we'll 'love'! That's always the reason they give... bottom line, their main reason is to try and push play toward buying more gold.

They can take away whatever they like at this point - nothing will inspire me (and/or most of my coop) to increase my interest in the CCs - or anything else currently offered in Big Farm. That ship has sailed. The genie is out of the bottle and the toothpaste is out of the tube. The only 'fun' left is coming in here to see all the comments from the angry folks... and soon that will be boring, too, and a lot of us will... simply... just... drift... away...

For GG's sake, I hope all the big gold buyers and newbs who haven't had a chance to figure this dance out can make up the slack. 

Oh. Wait. No, I don't, really.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    It happens with other hard work rewards as well, I don't know how many (who keeps track of cash registers :D)
    but am certain I didn't receive 2 building coins and ghost rods.
    No, I'm not going to write support for a couple of feeble rewards but it should be looked into, especially for players that are able to reach more worthwhile ones.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I WAS a gold buyer for 6 farms. We DID spend gold on the CCs. Only 2 of us are playing at all any more, and we're no longer buying gold.
    We will stay for a while, as others are counting on us and we don't like to be quitters (and maybe it'll get good again?), but ... sigh
    Looking for another game.
Sign In to comment.