Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Village Fair

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Have u ever heard the saying if you dont have anything nice to say don't say it at all??? This revamp is so awful I can't resist to make a comment......first word with F......the other one well, lets say it is not a positive two words I have for GGS at the moment. Another event ruined, you suck!
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    What the hell?
    Why chicken coops are there for choice? Give something else with chickens so that if someone don't want to keep chickens in his/her farm, then he/she can place anything else.

No GML in personal rewards :(
    Rewards contains too many decos
    Also decos are not worth as most people go decoless in their farms which give them more benefits.
    Personal are now too away from many people. :(

WE want our old rewards. OLD IS GOLD.
  • Sue33 (US1)Sue33 (US1) US1 Posts: 60
    oh no they have taken away the candy chicken coops as a choice. I used to look forward to this event but I do not think I will get very far in it as I am a single player and it seems to be greared up for coops more now
    :'(
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 09.10.2019
    Oh well another event not to worry about. My fav event now on dog poo pile.  good thing is can just concentrate on Dream world.  They can't leave the good event well enough alone.  I said they were just trying to chase us away.  This is coming from co op that is in Diamond league.  Guess what we will not be spending any gold on this event any more.  I have enough candy cow sheds in storage, plenty of candy chickens, after this event 9 friendship meadows,  so why play and spend any gold.  GGS has done it again after they introduce a great new event in Dream world, then pile this rubbish onto us.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • soozayn (US1)soozayn (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    We started a 30 minute challenge which was magically transformed into a 10 hour one. How on earth can a team of 11 players complete that??? Are all of them as messed up as that?
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    Gift nr. 59 used to be 3 GML´s and I have been looking forward to this event starting again, all because of that. 
    Its gone :-(((((

• This was the only event where I could feasibly earn gold mining certificates in this game... so much for that...
    Guess now I can only rely on the 50 gold per level I gain, or if I'm lucky enough to randomly get gold from the Leprechaun / Sleeping Oktoberfest worker or something...

Are these the new point totals needed for individual rewards?
    Cause lol... guess I won't be earning more than the first 4.. if that...
  • janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34

FuzzyBear:
    From this run on, both the cooperative event rewards and the hard work rewards are refreshed, offering more valuable decorations, appearances and items. Addition to this, the Village Fair Wheel of Fortune rewards have also been revamped to a new level. Sounds exciting? We are sure you will love all the changes!

really?
    In old version VF we got personal hard work rewards, they are gone now !!!!
    that was the place where we won 3 gold licenses and several nice rewards..
    instead we have to play for coop hard work rewards...and once again...not worth it

did you see how many points we need ?  up to 500,000,000 for one low happiness deco or one gold box...

very sad, we reached new bottom today :(((

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I love that they got the new guy to sell this as "exciting".  The reality is as usual quite the opposite  :(.  I just don't understand why they keep doing it.
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I played one challenge. Checked out the "rewards". I am done. Time for an event vacation.
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    I guess we earn our personal rewards but they are not shown to us.
    I am earning a lot of rewards in small number (not from cooperative rewards and  support)
    I think they are just hidden from us but we are able to get them.

Well this New VF is having a ot of bugs including text bugs. :(
  • Hnita (US1)Hnita (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    reduiced the amount required? We need 1 817000 apples to fill the challenge. 11 farms in our coop. Good luck on that one. And how did we get into the gold league? It is the first time our coop is doing village fair. What is happening with this game? Going from bad to worse.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Anytime they announce it like this (expecting us to be excited), you know there is a problem.

The new rewards are awful.....bordering on embarrassing.

And of course they removed the gold licenses (but didn't we all expect that).

This is just a stunningly bad update.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 09.10.2019
    The GMLs are what motivated our team. Another event we can ignore. Could you maybe call Hunter back so he could explain to us in detail why GGS is taking away all the good about Big Farm and the things players like?  And why they are piling on all the things we hate?  And why communication and transparency have all but disappeared?
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Right with the rest of the folks here. Very upset over the removal of the GML from the VF rewards. Another good event down the drain :(
    So now the only event that may have the GML will be the FHW & that's only if they don't change it before it runs again.
     Now we have the VF & the FHW events once a month & the rest of the month we get the CC, HW, & the CHW
    Great!!
  • You're having a laugh aren't you GGS, call this a improvement! I think not.
  • MLady Lia (US1)MLady Lia (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    It occurs to me that the long-time players (those who remember 'the Good Ol' Days in the game) are slowly being driven off. We've seen all GG's tricks. We've been stripped of most - if not all - the good reasons to play. We no longer buy gold. We're just in the way.

GG needs room for fresh-faced, eager young space cadets who don't remember winning a gold mining license; who haven't seen all GG's tricks; and who will buy gold.

Awww... don't mind me. I'm just an ol' fart who'll be over in another browser window looking for a new game to play. I believe I'm juuuuuuuust about done with this one. Microsoft Solitaire is better... at least less annoying.
  • Open tab shows I have a VF challenge running, but the tab on the side says there is not an active one running. Something isn't registering right here.
  • I haven't received any of the coop hard worker prizes  from before I logged on. Do we get them at the end?@FuzzyBear
    It occurs to me that the long-time players (those who remember 'the Good Ol' Days in the game) are slowly being driven off. We've seen all GG's tricks. We've been stripped of most - if not all - the good reasons to play. We no longer buy gold. We're just in the way.

GG needs room for fresh-faced, eager young space cadets who don't remember winning a gold mining license; who haven't seen all GG's tricks; and who will buy gold.

Awww... don't mind me. I'm just an ol' fart who'll be over in another browser window looking for a new game to play. I believe I'm juuuuuuuust about done with this one. Microsoft Solitaire is better... at least less annoying.
    You hit the nail on the head.  I cannot tell you how many good team members we've lost -- not because they have left the coop -- but because they have left the game. Two just recently. And many of them were heavy gold buyers.  Looking at the numbers, though, I don't think there are that many eager young space cadets in line to fill the void.

Open tab shows I have a VF challenge running, but the tab on the side says there is not an active one running. Something isn't registering right here.
    If you just came from Dream Farm, that's probably why. Clock does that to me, and I have to refresh the page every time.  Another bug that needs to be fixed.
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    There are only about 5 people in my coop that even cared about the Village Fair event in the past.  I was one because I had the ability to win the 3 GML's.  I didn't mind that most of the coop ignored it and only got points if they happened to harvest something we needed as they went about their normal gameplay.  I didn't mind because the ones who took it seriously got rewarded with decent prizes for their effort.  I don't see one prize on the new list (that is reasonably attainable for me) that is worth ANY of my time to try to get.  They are complete garbage.  I don't need more chicken feed or rutabaga seeds or for heaven's sake NOBODY needs registers!  We haven't started a cooperative project in months so what do we do with all of the stupid collectibles we already get from regular gameplay???  They certainly aren't a prize to me!  What's next - a top prize of a dozen eggs if you earn 3 trillion points?
  • Another revamp that is driving away players.  Is this the end goal, for the game to just die??
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    ...and on top of all of the other complaints I'd like to add the Developers really need to only allow Founders and Deputies to start challenges! I can't count how many times others have started challenges our Co-op cannot possibly compete in. I have repeatedly asked those starting challenges to only start ones we can actually manage to compete in. Most that do this are newbies just learning the game so I don't want to be a jerk about it but please do something about this GG!
  • elise (GB1)elise (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6
    edited 09.10.2019
    To say that I am unimpressed by this revamp is an understatement. Unless you have an active co-operative with at least 5 members it is a waste of time. I used to really enjoy this event not any more. The only thing good game seem to be interested in is making money, a pity because when the game started it was really fun to play.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Another event  down the drain. No reason for me to play it anymore.
    The individual rewards were nice, for a large part because of the 3 GML that were within reach (as they were not at the start of this event).  But within a coop with only a few active members this revamped version in no longer rewarding.
    It is getting nice and quiet on my farm with more and more events no longer worthwhile to play. It is almost beginning to look like a strategic/simulation  farming game.
    Thanks GGS.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

What happened to the old adage, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”? It seems by reading the comments here that there are a lot of things that are broke and need fixing for many players, aren’t addressed with as much priority as us players would like. But the things we do like are being so called ‘fixed’ to be something we no longer like or are no longer fun. I used to look forward to Village Fair, being one of the few left I still liked….but not anymore; you’ve made it impossible for members of smaller co-ops to earn anything decent from this event

• MLady Lia (US1)MLady Lia (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    Right with the rest of the folks here. Very upset over the removal of the GML from the VF rewards. Another good event down the drain :(
    So now the only event that may have the GML will be the FHW & that's only if they don't change it before it runs again.
     Now we have the VF & the FHW events once a month & the rest of the month we get the CC, HW, & the CHW
    Great!!
    Now you've done it, DK! They'd forgotten that one! They'll kill it now! :)

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The whole point of the gold theme boxes was to replace the gold mystery box without us noticing.  The gold theme box is the most pointless prize.

Overall, the personal rewards are so disappointing this time.  

They are just completely out of touch with users of the game, and it is starting to get to the point where you have to wonder if they could reconnect, even if they wanted to.
Sign In to comment.