Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Pick Library Skin

Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
I know this is going to seem like a first world problem, but I would like to pick the appearance of my Library, up to the level I have reached.

Right now, I have this one:

I have had to stop buying library books, because I *don't want* the appearance of my Library to change to the next level:

There's still a few dozen library books I would like to buy, but I'm afraid to because I don't know at which point it will cause my appearance to change - so I've stopped buying any & all books.

Like I said, first world problem, I know.. But I like the current appearance of the building, and I don't want it to change to a little tiny gazebo.

Comments

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    The fair and honorable GGS would probably grant this request.  :)
    I too am in the same situation; I stopped buying books 'cause I like the look of the traditional style, big building.

The greedy GGS would probably sell us these skins for gold,
    or offer entirely new skins and sell them for gold.  >:)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    who needs skins for this? the building  keeps changing as you buy books... LOL
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    JVD (US1) said:
    who needs skins for this? the building  keeps changing as you buy books... LOL
    that is there problem lol they dont want to buy more books because they dont want the appearance to change if they could pick a skin then they can buy more books and not worrie about it
    LOL, I know.... ;)
    The decoration tower could be setup the same way too.   After unlocking so many decos the appearance would change.   It wouldn't be too difficult to implement; after all they gave us the decoration valley and I'm guessing that project didnt take too long to develop.    More than likely they have more important things nowadays to spend their development hours on--  new content that will keep players interested in playing the game which in turn will generate profits for them.  

Farm on!  :)

• Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Why do the powers that be always seem to ruin  a good thing, that mushroom pavilion looks horrible especially after investing all kinds of money into books Please come up with something better then a stupid pavilion.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 24.05.2019
    Not to offend anyone but i really like the mushroom pavilion thing(that too when there are 2 of them :smile: ). 
    I hate that large sized building and bought books just for getting to that mushroomy thing :smile: . So, it will be better if they can send a popup asking if u a change in library appearance or not and decide upon it as different people like different things :smile:.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Not to offend anyone but i really like the mushroom pavilion thing(that too when there are 2 of them :smile: ). 
    I hate that large sized building and bought books just for getting to that mushroomy thing :smile: .

No offense taken Rocky. A lot of people probably like the pavilion. I'm from Texas though, I like the *BIG* building. *snicker*. :)

I've had to pass on so many books I've wanted to buy, it makes me sad. There's a sale right now on Level 6 Cow Milk that I'm drooling over, and I passed on the Level 6 WildFlowers for some 44,000 gold (70% off, normal price is usually 149,000) and many, many others that have come and gone on sale this week simply because I do NOT want that pavilion.

I'd guesstimate they've lost 250,000 gold I would have spent on books from me this past week.

Maybe it's a good thing, by not buying books I'm saving a ton of money. :)
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Grab the 70 % sale soon Southern ...  :)

The change in the library to the mushroom pavilion does get better as you add more books... still not the same as the true library look you all love!

it is still growing :)
    edited 24.05.2019
    Yep, the 70% sale, book offers are hard to pass on...
    Each that I buy is like playing Russian roulette.
    ...the next one might give me the mushroom pavilion... :/  :):/:D
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    At least I now know that the ugly mushroom thingy is not a glitch.  Totally agree, we should be able to pick the look of our library. 
    We can do it with the display tractor, shouldn't be that hard.
    But then again~ I am still waiting for the flowers to bloom again on our CoOp trees so not holding my breath!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Library skins would be awesome. Famous buildings might be fun, too -- the Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pizza, Big Ben, the Guggenheim ...
  • Library skins would be awesome. Famous buildings might be fun, too -- the Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pizza, Big Ben, the Guggenheim ...
    What a brilliant idea - love it.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 26.05.2019
    There must be something wrong with me.  The look of buildings means absolutely nothing to me at all.  It could be a big pile of dung and it would not bother me at all as long as it did the same job....lol.  I play in outline view as I hate all the graphics.  I wish every time I log in it would remember I was in outline view mode when log out and went straight back there saving me changing to outline view every time. 

The only way to play...LOL

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 26.05.2019
    Looks do matter to me .I bought those presidential house appearances using more than 40k coins for my MF and FF just because they looked good. I have seen many more persons spend so much for just getting good looks in their farm . Same goes with all the other skins .

edited 09.09.2019
    I couldnt resist some of the recent 75% sales... now, I too, have the mushroom gazebo!

Dohhh!  :D  LOLOLOLOLOL  :'(

The L.A.M.P.   (League Against the Mushroom Pavilion) 

I'm sorry to hear that Seeker. :(

I've seen a lot of books I want to buy, but so far I've resisted the urge to buy them. Maybe that's a good thing, as it's saved me at least a half million in gold now. I'm scared to buy even one book at this point because it might cost me my skin. :/
  • I'm sorry to hear that Seeker. :(

I've seen a lot of books I want to buy, but so far I've resisted the urge to buy them. Maybe that's a good thing, as it's saved me at least a half million in gold now. I'm scared to buy even one book at this point because it might cost me my skin. :/
    @Southern (US1) If you count your books, each section of each book, (so a level 5 book counts as 5) you can see how close you are, the Gazebo appears at 230.
    I'm sorry to hear that Seeker. :(

@Southern (US1) If you count your books, each section of each book, (so a level 5 book counts as 5) you can see how close you are, the Gazebo appears at 230.

Thanks, Wabbit. Yeah, I know that's what Marowit said way back when, (yes, I saved that as a bookmark :)) but I think it's changed -- it took me less than 190 books to get the Level 10 library, although I'm at 202 now..

Perhaps we can sweet talk @Seeker1 (US1) into counting their books and see if perhaps the magical milestone of 230 was reached? :)

I just know the day I get that gawd awful gazebo will be one of my saddest BF days... I can't stand that ugly thing. :)
  • I am 220 and still safe, so you do have at least 18 spare :)
    Ok, that gives me a little breathing room then.. I'll have to be very picky as to what books I want to pick up though. :)

If I get that Gazebo though...

I wouldn't worry TOO much.. My bark is worse than my bite. :)

Ummm.. @WascallyWabbit ??

205 Books.

edited 11.09.2019

I was trying to be SO careful.. Now I've got that ugly donkey gazebo. :/

Well, at least now I don't have to be careful anymore, and can get the books I've been drooling over but been too scared to buy. *Sigh*..

• @Southern (US1) You just had to go & break it didn`t you lol :pensive:

I have asked the devs if they can see any reason why that would have happened, I assume you already tried reloading your game right?
    edited 11.09.2019
    @Southern (US1) You just had to go & break it didn`t you lol :pensive:

I have asked the devs if they can see any reason why that would have happened, I assume you already tried reloading your game right?

I've tried everything short of duct tape.

Oddly though, I've had someone visit my farm, and THEY still see the old "Full Building" library.

When I go to @Seeker1 (US1)s farm, I also see the old "Full Building" library (and he says he also received the Gazebo).. It's almost like the game is set to 230 for *visitors*, but not the *owners*..

But then you say you're at 220 and still see the "Full Building" library, so I dunno. Hopefully the Devs can straighten it out and fix it, cuz it sounds like a bug. :)
  • @Southern (US1) I also see the big one for you & for Seeker, though someone does appear to have absconded with Seeker's market lol  :o

Here is a SS of yours, maybe you can stick it to your screen :)

I was wondering if maybe the Temp farm books were the issue, for example the Viking ones that cover 3 different farms, but the fact that its showing differently to different people, does make it look like a bug.
Sign In to comment.