Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Meaning of a true coop

2»

Comments

• @RunsWivScissors (GB1) I agree with you, these guys are giving me a headache :tired_face:

i personally think it good thing that players can move around and get better buildings and make new friends.

i never join a coop thinking "i'm going to stay here for the 5 years/rest of my life", also as many people have wisely pointed out, it's a GAME, enjoy it everyone, life's too short (unless you're a monk who's found the secret to immortality) to spend time bickering and arguing.

good luck and happy farming everyone :smile:
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    Totally agree with RunsWivScissors.
  • most people are missing the point...I was on a team that planned to beat the brats...a lot of time and planning and we did...just in the regular CC...was playing in the first ML...got dropped like a hot potato...even tho I never posted a zero in any of the CCs...as per rules deferred to team mates during missions,so gave away some of my reps...the game needs serious changes...we are all too busy with no rest between events....60,000 diamonds for a cowshed is ridiculous...they keep giving what we ask for and make it impossible to get...I say play your best with your team...isn't that what a co op is?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    most people are missing the point...I was on a team that planned to beat the brats...a lot of time and planning and we did...just in the regular CC...was playing in the first ML...got dropped like a hot potato...even tho I never posted a zero in any of the CCs...as per rules deferred to team mates during missions,so gave away some of my reps...the game needs serious changes...we are all too busy with no rest between events....60,000 diamonds for a cowshed is ridiculous...they keep giving what we ask for and make it impossible to get...I say play your best with your team...isn't that what a co op is?
    I think the point of a game is to have fun. I have an open door policy in my coop .. come or go .. whatever you need to do to have fun ... if a player isn't having fun, what is the point?  
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    well said @artful (US1)
  • well said @artful (US1)
    I am from artful's co-op, I left, with permission, not to join a ML co-op, but to join a very small struggling one, to help get them on the road to better farms, get their Village up and running, get them points in CC, VF. The leader has done a great job, soaks up information like a sponge, soon I will be returning back to my home co-op, looking forward to seeing old friends again. I will not forget my new friends.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    well said @artful (US1)
    I am from artful's co-op, I left, with permission, not to join a ML co-op, but to join a very small struggling one, to help get them on the road to better farms, get their Village up and running, get them points in CC, VF. The leader has done a great job, soaks up information like a sponge, soon I will be returning back to my home co-op, looking forward to seeing old friends again. I will not forget my new friends.
    If u go for the struggling coop its its be to let them face but give directions how to tackle the problems its a good way u go there help them out its good but when u left what happen to those small ones in a big League i i thi its unfair for those u help and motivate 
  • well said @artful (US1)
    If u go for the struggling coop its its be to let them face but give directions how to tackle the problems its a good way u go there help them out its good but when u left what happen to those small ones in a big League i i thi its unfair for those u help and motivate 
    I haven't left them yet. I did let them take the reins, was there to give help, encouragement, answer questions. Right now they are happy to be in Bronze league, not pushing to go higher at this point, so I do think they will survive when I leave. I'm sorry you find it unfair to help a struggling co-op.
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    There is only one word to explain all of this.   INTEGRITY   
    Either you have personal integrity and you play this game honestly,  or you play this game using every possible advantage you can use.   Co op hopping for personal gain, has always been a part of this game, and it really hurts those you leave behind or step over.   I can only believe that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.
    In the end,  you must be able to live with in your own skin.    I am retired, live on a fixed income, and with my vision loss, I only play for enjoyment of the game.  It's not about purchasing gold, or having the highest level farm or scoring in the top 10.  It is just day by day, enjoying the game in my spare time for as long as I can,  
    I rarely chat with my co op team, because of my eyesight.  So i am one of the silent players, play in the background players.  Who just chug along day to day.   That is my truth, my personal integrity is to be honest and play the game as best as I can within my limitations.    
    GGS can be as greedy as they want too,  people can float in and out as they want too,  Gold players can spend and use as much as they want too.   I just remain to play as long as I can.   Be true, be honest and have personal integrity and don't pretend to be what you are not. 
  • most people are missing the point...I was on a team that planned to beat the brats...a lot of time and planning and we did...just in the regular CC...was playing in the first ML...got dropped like a hot potato...even tho I never posted a zero in any of the CCs...as per rules deferred to team mates during missions,so gave away some of my reps...the game needs serious changes...we are all too busy with no rest between events....60,000 diamonds for a cowshed is ridiculous...they keep giving what we ask for and make it impossible to get...I say play your best with your team...isn't that what a co op is?

• Fun without the Drama would be Nice
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    In regards to the title of this thread "Meaning of a true coop", In my opinion if you lay out the expectations and rules when you set up or join a coop and members follow what's been set, it's a true coop. For example: Myself and 2 longtime game friends set up a Co-op together. We laid out the "rules" and everyone abides by them. We like the idea that new players will use our Co-op as a stepping stone to bigger and better things eventually.

If you've come to learn and eventually move on,,,awesome. Even better is if you choose to stay. Some of us are competitive while others are not, that's cool. A Co-op is what you make it. If you're happy then you stay. If you're adventurous for more then you go. It's a game, it's fun (yup, buggy at times), maybe make some friends and maybe some "enemies" in the heat of competition. You choose what you want and make it happen.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
     Since the ML has started I have asked myself this question. I think a true coop is farmers loyal to their coop,they work hard everyday. They build up their farms and help the younger farms. They are there for each other through wins and loses.
     Since the ML has started this idea seems to have changed. Farmers go from coop to coop just for a chance to get into the ML. There is something about this mercenary work that I find unsettling. If you really want to go the the ML than work for it..earn it,don't just take it.
     The ML is not all that it is cracked up to be. It cost a fortune in cash,gold and resources. The prizes aren't really better,just different.  If it's prizes you want then I think the whole server should tell GGS we want better prizes.
     This is just my personal thought and I don't mean to ruffle feathers.

I agree! I have played this game for a while now and one thing I am very proud of is for the most part (very few exceptions) my coop is full of loyal players that work together as a team. I have little respect for groups that chop and change just to gain the upper hand in events. It may not be a popular opinion but they are not coops at all as far as im concerned, just a group of players desperate to win that would turn on each other in a heartbeat to get ahead in the game. Are the friendships within those "coops" even real or are they just using each other?

I'd rather finish dead last with a true team than resort to such tactics.....just my two cents worth. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file