Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Meaning of a true coop

Since the ML has started I have asked myself this question. I think a true coop is farmers loyal to their coop,they work hard everyday. They build up their farms and help the younger farms. They are there for each other through wins and loses.
 Since the ML has started this idea seems to have changed. Farmers go from coop to coop just for a chance to get into the ML. There is something about this mercenary work that I find unsettling. If you really want to go the the ML than work for it..earn it,don't just take it.
 The ML is not all that it is cracked up to be. It cost a fortune in cash,gold and resources. The prizes aren't really better,just different.  If it's prizes you want then I think the whole server should tell GGS we want better prizes.
 This is just my personal thought and I don't mean to ruffle feathers.

Comments

• GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
    I would enjoy playing in the ML. I'm a good player, but I have never been in the ML. Would be nice to see those rewards...My loyalty to a coop I stay in has always been a hard work for that coop..no matter in which coop I stay in...I think that is loyalty..even though the time spent in one coop is not very long.
  • Hit the nail on the head farmer mc gee, exactly the situation.

Another sad display of greed driven decisions by GGS with no concern for the integrity of the game itself.

It's really come down to only one thing to win anymore............spend the most money.

Very little about strategy or game smart playing, just spend the most and you can win.

It's too bad as this used to be a fun game on the internet where actually playing the game meant something.

No longer tho, just slide credit cards, buy gold and spend the most...........ty for destroying this game GGS.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 03.09.2019
    @farmer mc gee (US1) i know what you're talking about.

in soccer there are people who are called "mercenaries" they get sign with clubs just to get money, not because they really like the club/team and want to give it 1000% to make sure they win.

quite a few events are making people into "mercenaries" and i don't blame them, the game is a lot less fun when you don't have the same advantages as other players because your loyal to a coop instead of floating around getting better production buildings.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    There was lots of movement, the first couple times of the ML

it is more calm for that nowadays , maybe the movements will start again with the next season

its very steady in our coop tho :)
  • The movement hasn't stopped. And it's not going to stop, unless GGS does something about it. If you can't win with the people you have in the coop..then you don't deserve to win at all. For those of you who have coop jumped just to earn rewards..you DO NOT DESERVE ANY OF IT. You can't even say you earned it "fairly". You honestly think that's fair play? You are only destroying the game. We have lost many members because of this BS. And i'm sure many other player's will decide to leave the game also. Me included.
  • Are we no better, have we learned nothing?  Little league baseball coaches who bring in ringers (players not on their original roster) have a 'win at all cost' attitude,  When discovered, they are shamed and their winnings are nullified/stripped.  Supposedly, as adults we try to teach our children not to cheat, not to steal, and to have a moral compass but adults jumping from one coop to another, AND coops accepting the 'jumpers'  in order to win rewards, in my opinion, are no better that the cheating coach.  What happened to fair play, pride in yourself and your coop?
  •  What happened to fair play, pride in yourself and your coop?
    I have a theory, but it is offensive in the eyes of some that would read it. 
  • In my opinion the game needs to change...everyone heads to ML 4 ccs per year...Village fair and maybe tempfarms with their own currency also counting for coop rewards...octoberfest...1 main event per month to make the gamefun but enjoyable...I like my coop very much no need to jump around! 
  • Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Very strange no comments from co-op hoppers that go where they can win the big one 
    in every event or the leaders that invite them just before events start ?
    A blind man see that happening.. i guess GGS is ok with that as long as they 
    are raking in the money from these gold buyers !!!!! 
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i love the idea of coop hoppers it actually makes things a little fairer. of course the top 3 do good because they all have the best players because they win all the prizes. there players just usually like to stay because they are the ones that want the prizes. however there are the ones of us like me that were in the same coop sense they started and like are laid back coop and before the prizes were not really that big of deal. however some of us very good players are being punished for not belonging to a top 3 coop and it is not fair. so yes i have and will jump. the ones of you complaining are more then likely all in top 3 coops and have gotten too comfortable with just winning and not really having to try. however now that other coops are getting just as good of players as you have on loan.it is not nearly as easy for you to beat them. to me having players float might not be nice to all of you top coops which thought you had all the best players.now that all the single amazing players are joining top 5 coops and beating you. coop jumping as you all put it gives more players a opportunity to get the prizes and have more of a level playing field. it would take a lot of gold to buy the special buildings the top 3 get or a lot of WWC coins. and the fact that a top 5 coop gets so many extra WWC points anyways makes it unfair to anyone not in a top 5 coop.
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    The worst co-op hoppers are the ones who  "need to rest"  ... "game is taking too much family time"   etc.

And then the hopper is suddenly in a big earning co-op and in top 50 of every co-op event.

It's so sad, especially that the hopper founded our co-op and left, it's almost as if we weren't good enough.

But so be it  .. we know why the grass is greener on the other side.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    That is not true of the Travellers... they just pop in to help when asked for the up and coming coops.  Don't lump everyone in the same boat!
    That is not true of the Travellers... they just pop in to help when asked for the up and coming coops.  Don't lump everyone in the same boat!

Oh I agree that the Travelers are excellent Deb. I have seen their posts.

But we aren't talking about travelers. There are co-op hoppers which I am pretty sure the co-op leaders agree to. And then there are players who simply abandon their co-ops for the big ranking co-ops.

There is a vast difference.

And then the big co-ops also poach good players  :(  Our co-op has had to deal with it
  • Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Exactly nola  that is what we talking about ...players rushing to another co-op for the big events 
    the ones that  spend the most real money on this broken game.  That is not winning that is greed .
    Furthermore trying to recruit the best players from another co-op that is despicable !!!!
    Exactly nola  that is what we talking about ...players rushing to another co-op for the big events 
    the ones that  spend the most real money on this broken game.  That is not winning that is greed .
    Furthermore trying to recruit the best players from another co-op that is despicable !!!!

And it hurts when you have been friends for 3 plus years and get cut off like a cold fish,
    Luckily we still have some warm hearted genuine players in our co-op. 
    Our biggest players left to follow the riches to Masters league but the rest of us have stayed together and are still trying our best
    And  ... the funniest thing is ... before they got tired and needed to relax etcetera  .. If they had stayed in the co op that they had created their co op would be up there with the best of them on INT!.
    Greed is a terrible thing
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    edited 05.09.2019
    Up till now I have not responded to these recriminations and laments from a previous coop mate because really, it is not the kind of thing one should repeatedly bring up on an open forum. It is a private matter and should be dealt with in private, not "letting everything hang out" on a forum.

However, since this is now a thread and many people have weighed in, here is my two cents.

No-one ever leaves a cooperative if they are happy there.

Does this mean then that, if you have been in a cooperative on Big Farm, that you are blood-sworn to that one cooperative, for ever and ever more?
    Does it mean that you can never leave there without getting called unkind names ?
    Or, alternatively, do you have to just leave the game, entirely, to "get away" from a cooperative whose "vision" you no longer agree with ?

If one of my coop mates, old or new, ever needed my help in real life, and I was able to provide it, even just words of support when they have a family crisis, or they feel down, whatever .... I would never hesitate to provide all that I am able to.
    That is real life. We are human.
    It stands to reason for me.

But this is a GAME, folks.
    We play games for entertainment and pleasure, right ?
    If I have a very well-developed farm (after 5 years of slogging away at it), and I want to take it out for a spin to see what it is capable of ...
    do I really need to ask permission all around? 
    Is it fair to be called "greedy" so airily ?

It's a game.
    Play the game, don't let it play you.

And lets talk about the "poaching" word, so fondly thrown around.
    If I invite someone I consider a friend over, saying to them:  "look, we are in ML next time. It is a unique opportunity. I know you are a competitive player and enjoy a challenge. For both of us this is likely the only chance we ever have to see what ML is like. Come visit us for 3 or 4 days, do the ML, win yourself a nice large cowshed and then go back to your cooperative and use that cowshed, and whatever else you have won, for the benefit of all in the coop."

How is this a problem?   The other player now has a stronger farm, to help out his old coop in future with projects and future CC's.
    He also had fun in the game, so likely he's a much more satisfied player, going back to the coop.
    Everyone in that coop benefits in the end.

This happens all the time on our server, and I'm sure it does on others.
    If we don't play the ML like this, the only one benefiting from this new Maters League event is pretty much GGS. We have to make it work for us, the players, too, and this is the way to do so.

How can this be called "cheating" ?
    Who are we cheating?
    GGS ?
    Are you feeling sorry for them that they will be getting less gold because coops are cooperating among themselves now, rather than throwing gold around like candy in order to try and beat each other senseless ?
    I really don't get that argument.
    So weird.

After the ML mentioned every single player who came to visit from other cooperatives, went back to their own coops.
    No-one was "poached".
    They are not animals.
    They are all consenting adults who made a choice to the benefit of their own game.

A coop leader who feels unreasonably threatened by this temporary arrangement can only be one who is feeling insecure about his/her members to start with.

No-one ever leaves a cooperative if they are truly happy and fulfilled there.

Ps:  Actually, I had to come back and edit my post, after thinking about it longer, people do sometimes leave a cooperative even when they are happy there. Sometimes they need a break for various reasons.  But I do stand by the rest of my post :)
    Post edited by amandaps (INT1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I can see both sides of this but, on the whole, I would take @amandaps (INT1)  view. (but then, I am not a co-op leader)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Well said, Amandaps.
  • its take alot time to make good coop that can win top rank rewards im was in top coop and win few apple tree with them i wanted to make thos tree myself or use WWC coin on them i needed full lifetime playing this thing to get it as free player 
    and my coop got open gate to anyone that wana join it or leave it but this VF im not playing for cowshed rewards to busy in real life so if anyone want that thing join other have fun
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Like @Uncle John (GB1) I to can see both sides. As I am co op leader I'm with @amandaps (INT1).
     I hope folks will stay with the co op, but no way am I going to beg them to stay, nor will I stand in their way if they wish to leave.
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    edited 06.09.2019
    totally agree with you @amandaps (INT1) :))
    people come and go. a coop is not a prison. someone stay someone goes looking for a change, and even if its only for rewards theres nothing bad in it. at least in the ML players have moved a lot, for curiosity, for rewards for experiencing a new event that is not easily accesible to every one and every coop. 
    and saying that..my coop is open to everyone that wants to come to experience an event, to get rewards they cant get with their own coops and at the end of it return back to their coops
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    .my coop is open to everyone that wants to come to experience an event, to get rewards they cant get with their own coops and at the end of it return back to their coops
    Ours, too. Players from large coops often join us for a bit of R&R before returning to their own coops. Players from small coops often join us just for events. It's all good. Players are not indentured servants. Just like a workplace, people come and go according to their needs.

Furthermore trying to recruit the best players from another co-op that is despicable
    @Kitty Reed (US1) is not recruting when you invinte someone for an event, someone or a whole small coop, to join a big coop win those rewards they cant get and at the end of the event to return back to their coop. to me sounds as a favour but maybe im wrong
    and a last coment, this is a game, we are all here to make fun, so please moderate your terms, you are making players feel bad only because they want to try to play this game in a diffenet way as they did for years.
  • All I can do is laugh at some of these comments. Its beyond me how you can think that's fair game play. My coop is fair, we don't ask for coop jumpers to come help us. If we can't win it with what we got..we just take the lose. I barely can stand to even log the game anymore. I have been a gamer for years, played many different games..this kind of game play is frowned upon and most games will not allow it to even happen in the 1st place. Maybe GGS should change their name to "Lets destroy Big Farm". Might as well because that's what's happening right now.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 07.09.2019
    you are just mad cause you have to actually try now. the top 3 coops have always had the best players,because they have always gotten the best prizes. so of coarse that is were the best players will end up and if not good enough you kick them out and get better ones. then of course because you keep winning you.you keep winning all the special buildings. which we all know is giving you all more of a advantage,which is helping keep you in top 3. it is about time the top 3 coops actually have to try to be in top 3. i should not be punished for being in a lower coop,yet i am. i personally can put up Hugh points in VF i probably do better then a lot and yet with me doing the same amount of work i should have to get less because i am not in a top 3 coop? how exactly is that fair? i should have the right to help a coop going up against a different coop get better prizes i and everyone else still has to put in just as much work. the difference is being in a coop with players that actually play will get me more then in my very laid back coop. i should not have to pay 10x as much gold as you to get the special buildings as you when i can and do put in just as much work as you do. but yet love the coop i have been in sense i started which was like 4 years ago. i never even thought about going to a different coop to get the prizes in till WWC. but it is very hard to stay in top 20 up against all top 3 coops when my coop does not even get all the rewards or top 10 for the CC,that is a Hugh amount of WWC points. also special buildings take a lot less space. also special buildings help finish weekly faster which gives more WWC points. but i can see how finally getting competition could be a hard pill to swallow,sense you all just think it is guaranteed by now.

EDIT: anytime YOU is used it was a general you not a personal one,i mean YOU as in top 3 coop players not any curtain player
  • Blissfulness (US1)Blissfulness (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    edited 07.09.2019
     :/ 
    Post edited by Blissfulness (US1) on
    edited 07.09.2019
    is someone in real life offers to everyone to do for 5 days the SAME work you do everyday BUT to get paid what you cant earn in a year in your normal everyday work, i guess everyone will ACCEPT. and nooone will talk of leak of moral and respect . but when the matter comes to a GAME,because this is only a GAME big words are said freely.instead of complaining for the bugs,for rewards we dont get and for 1000 other problems this game have
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 07.09.2019

Fair, unfair, GGS is greedy, no wait, now its the players that are greedy, you all make my head spin lol

At the end of the day BF is a game of strategy & there is no rule against using a strategy of swapping coops to improve your farm. Whether that is a permamant move or just a temporary one, it is still a strategy. Players also cannot be "poached", you can invite them to join your coop & they can CHOOSE whether or not they want to try something new, but as amandaps rightly said, no one ever leaves a coop if they are happy there.

As for the coop events, "fairness" in them, pretty much went out of the window, when it became possible to buy the rankings & that is no fault of the players, GGS made it part of the game & from what I have seen, most people would rather it was removed, but while its here, they have to use it, because everyone else is doing so & its the only way to win..... Well there may be some truth in that, but no one is forced to do anything, again it is a strategy that we each choose to adopt (or not).

Finally the CC (uggg!) we had a situation that seems to have been the same on all servers, where 1 or maybe 2 coops won all of the top gold rewards everytime & no other coops had a chance & everyone screamed UNFAIR!  So they added the Monster league & those top coops are shifted off out of the way, so that the next layer of gold coops could compete for some good stuff...... Seems like a good idea to me, already you have a load more players winning things. As for the coop moved to the ML, they can win still win lots of rewards, maybe the very top ones are out of reach of most coops, but the rewards are still good, just for showing up & whats more, they can fill the empty spaces in their coops with players from other coops & give them the chance to win some good stuff too, so even more players are now winning in the CC. Them doing that has no effect whatsoever on the coops still competeing in the gold league & "IF" it improved the ranking of the coop in the ML, so what? They are competing against coops from other servers, so they are representing your server, you should all be cheering them on, not condemning them.

There are many things in this game which could be called unfair, but as players, we are all just doing what is the best strategy for us and our farms & often our sanity, so if players want to, leave a coop, take a break, try something new, hop around from coop to coop, make some new friends, win some rewards that they may normally never get the chance at, let them do it, they are playing THEIR game & figuring out what works for them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file