Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Accountability noted in Chat/Activity - Coop Upgrades & Voting

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    JVD (US1) said:
    How about a lock on everything so no one can do anything....  Some things need to be handled by the peeps, as hard as that may be, not the game maker... I for one do not want GGS putting a lock on everything I do in this game, I listen to those in charge of my coop and respect the leadership and directives, yes accidents will happen, but no need to shame them... it is a game and should be played  for  fun.... it is not the end  of  the world, but an inconvenience if something is started unexpectedly, If your peeps in the coop don't listen, get rid of them all... or don't make them deputies or whatever... Stop  with the locks for everything,  stop  with the put up a name so  we can shame  them...  I really don't know the answer, but I don't want to have to ask permission for all I do in this game.. and yes, I know, I don't have to join a coop to avoid this issue... something to think about!

Edit: just needed to vent a little about all these locks and put up names and... and... ignore me!  Thanks
    It is easy enough to make locks optional. A lot of things need it. If your coop doesn't want to use them, it wouldn't have to.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Hello everyone :))

I know, there has been a lot of discussion about this in the past , but i dont think the actual system of vote , works well

The left vote button requires 1/3 of the coop members to start upgrade, While the right vote button only requires 1 vote for it to start ( its way too easy for anyone to start an upgrade instantly without having to talk with other members )

I wonder, if it would be possible to change that right vote button to maybe a little more votes? ( Something that is not too hard to get the votes to get it started, and something that is'nt WAY TOO easy to get unwanted upgrades started by any member )

Maybe a Speed Start button, That would require 1/6 or 1/8 or 1/10th of members, to start it? :)

What does everyone thinks? :)
    Hello everyone :))

I know, there has been a lot of discussion about this in the past , but i dont think the actual system of vote , works well

The left vote button requires 1/3 of the coop members to start upgrade, While the right vote button only requires 1 vote for it to start ( its way too easy for anyone to start an upgrade instantly without having to talk with other members )

I wonder, if it would be possible to change that right vote button to maybe a little more votes? ( Something that is not too hard to get the votes to get it started, and something that is'nt WAY TOO easy to get unwanted upgrades started by any member )

Maybe a Speed Start button, That would require 1/6 or 1/8 or 1/10th of members, to start it? :)

What does everyone thinks? :)
    No, no, and no. Wouldn't work for us.  As coop leader in charge of the one vote, it's the only way our team can be assured that the upgrade will start at the optimum time. If we had to wait for a few more votes, the upgrade could start at the very worst time in terms of scheduling.

In fact, we wish they'd do away with the voting system altogether. 
    edited 08.07.2019
    Come on @artful (US1)

Did you even take time, to calculate my 1/10 option ( i guess a 1/15 or 1/20  could be a possiblity too )

At 1/10, For a 10 members coop

It would still only need 1 person to vote, to start upgrading

And from 11 to 20 members, it would require 2 ( Oh big deal ) if u cant get a second person to vote... its truely bad in ur coop :S

Okay, Extrapolating with a 1/20 members setup ( it would be better for us, as it would require 4 votes )

And it would require 21 members in a coop, to require 2 members.. to get it started..
    The whole point of the 1-vote option is for one person to have the vote so that the upgrade can start in a timely fashion. Many coop members have jobs and families, and coops could be sitting around waiting for that second or third or fourth person to log on to begin things.

If you have been reading the Forum for any length of time, you will know that players have been clamoring to have the voting system removed, or at least give the leader the option to lock voting upgrades for coops that don't want that feature. Adding another voting option just doesn't make sense.
    My point, would be to replace the 1-vote option by a vote ( determined by the quantity of members in your cooperative )

If u have a small coop, Amount of votes would very low

And it would scale, with the size of your coop :)
    You haven't really explained how this would improve the game, or why you think this change is necessary. Please do.
    Yup, I can easily do

For a large coop, it prevents one person alone, from starting instantly any Coop village upgrades and thus causing harm to all others, that were not ready for it at all

We're 70 in our coop, 1 person alone, can start a building upgrade , its a little too easy, I'd say :)

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    This would  get a NO vote from our coop!

We have one person who starts the upgrades and she sends out an email about 24 hours before to let us know so we can get a long production started. Works very well  for us! ;)
    Gnuh...

But okay, Lets say, they would set it at a ratio of 1/20

Lets assume u have full 75 in ur coop

You would need a grand total of 4 votes to start instantly, ( That would be easy peasy no? )
    yes, it would be easy peasy in our coop, but I don't see the need for it personally
    edited 08.07.2019
    Well, you never had one single person in your coop, that just started a village upgrade, just like that? because all the materials were filled

It happens here, once in a while ( it might have to do with language barriers or unwareness )

We're international server, and we have people from all the word, and not everyone speaks super english :)

And as strange as it sounds, I never made being able to speak/understand english as a prerequisite for our coop, Everyone is free to speak the language of their choice :D
    LOL, never say never!!  :D it has happened when a newbie has proved themselves in the coop enough to become a deputy.

I can understand your having an issue with languages... but the button that instantly starts an upgrade can only be done by a leader or deputy, so guess there is where you need to be careful about who you deputize....
    Well, See JVD

I lead differently ( There is some different risks involved in that )

But i also believe, it makes people feel way more involved in the coop

I promote very easily people to deputy :)

61/70 are deputy right now , and 2 never wanted to be, by choice =p
    edited 08.07.2019
    I am not the leader, but most all of our peeps are deputies as well :)

anyway, my comments were my opinion only!

Happy Farming 
    You too JVD :)

Was just trying to justify my demand :)

if it would ask for 4-6 votes, no single individuals could start it without talking about it much=p
    JVD (US1) said:
    This would  get a NO vote from our coop!

We have one person who starts the upgrades and she sends out an email about 24 hours before to let us know so we can get a long production started. Works very well  for us! ;)
    That's how we roll, too!  Notices are sent out prior to an upgrade. No voting.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 08.07.2019
    Yep, that's the way it works in ours, too.
    I send out a message so all can start a long production, and upgrade.
    No need to make the others vote.
    edited for spelling
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    We give 48 hr notice for upgrades and honestly, no one wants to take the responsibility of it any way.  There have been an occasional "oops"... but it's pretty rare.  We only have a handful in the coop and most don't read/reply to any messages... having a vote would be a disaster for us.  Unless I walk someone through the process, even the 4 deputies don't want to do it!
  • selena m. (US1)selena m. (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    It is time for GGS to make a CHANGE🗣!!Village upgrades without notice are started by members who don’t care about anyone else but themselves.Upgrades are usually scheduled in such a way that it doesn’t affect events such as WWC.But in every coop there is always someone who starts upgrades on their own and claim it was an accident but most times it is done more than twice and no one makes a MISTAKE twice.Some actually start the upgrades on their own and don’t say anything at all.These upgrades take days to complete and it interferes with personal production schedules since most persons have to go to WORK.GGS needs to stop postponing/ignoring this topic and help us out BY SHOWING US THE NAME OF THE PERSONS WHO STARTED THE UPGRADE IN CHAT ROOM exactly like  when persons start challenges in Village Fair everyone can see who started that challenge.Since we cannot see who started the upgrade, no matter how much times we post coop messages stating to not upgrade the factories on their own, they would still do it and no one will know that they did it.
    GGS PLEASE HELP US AND ALSO REMOVE THE VOTING SYSTEM IN THE COOP VILLAGE.

~SELENA
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    It is time for GGS to make a CHANGE🗣!!Village upgrades without notice are started by members who don’t care about anyone else but themselves.Upgrades are usually scheduled in such a way that it doesn’t affect events such as WWC.But in every coop there is always someone who starts upgrades on their own and claim it was an accident but most times it is done more than twice and no one makes a MISTAKE twice.Some actually start the upgrades on their own and don’t say anything at all.These upgrades take days to complete and it interferes with personal production schedules since most persons have to go to WORK.GGS needs to stop postponing/ignoring this topic and help us out BY SHOWING US THE NAME OF THE PERSONS WHO STARTED THE UPGRADE IN CHAT ROOM exactly like  when persons start challenges in Village Fair everyone can see who started that challenge.Since we cannot see who started the upgrade, no matter how much times we post coop messages stating to not upgrade the factories on their own, they would still do it and no one will know that they did it.
    GGS PLEASE HELP US AND ALSO REMOVE THE VOTING SYSTEM IN THE COOP VILLAGE.

~SELENA

Dream on, it won't happen
  • @nola1 (INT1) That is not necessarily true - This has been submitted in the past & the last response we got was in March 2018, when they said that it would be considered alongside other suggestions about who can start an upgrade.  If we get more recent posts saying how it is still causing problems, we can try to get it back on the table.
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    @WascallyWabbit We are constantly asking for who starts a village upgrade or uses village dollars to be posted in chat. Also, who starts coop boosters for a coop event.

And please, any coop event should have a coop ranking showing the activity for coop members as in the CC and Village Fair.

Thank you
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit We are constantly asking for who starts a village upgrade or uses village dollars to be posted in chat. Also, who starts coop boosters for a coop event.

And please, any coop event should have a coop ranking showing the activity for coop members as in the CC and Village Fair.

Thank you
    Agreed, anything that *costs* the Co-Op either Co-Op Dollars or Co-Op Gold should definitely be put in chat as to who spent it, and how much they spent. That applies to anything - CHWE, CC, Village Fair, Materials "purchased" for upgrading Co-Op buildings, etc.

No one should be able to spend Co-Op funds without being accountable.
    edited 04.09.2019
    PLEASE do not make it so only leaders and deputies can start challenges!
    We are only allowed 1 deputy, so if neither of us are on (we are in the same time zone while other members are awake when we are asleep) the co-op would be just sitting there.
  • GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    yes it would be very nice to see the voting for village upgrades eliminated.  members vote and think that they are helping the co op, but to start upgrades of factories during wwc hurts everyone's points.  having trouble keeping up with repairs on the boat?  just wait till some vote to upgrade it...then it is just a loss!  
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

Thank you
    Agreed, anything that *costs* the Co-Op either Co-Op Dollars or Co-Op Gold should definitely be put in chat as to who spent it, and how much they spent. That applies to anything - CHWE, CC, Village Fair, Materials "purchased" for upgrading Co-Op buildings, etc.

No one should be able to spend Co-Op funds without being accountable.
    Right with both of you. Co ops need this to help manage the co op effectively.
  • Could you PLEASE add a button, or something, that only the leader can use, to stop players adding resources to buildings the leader does not want upgrading.
    This would be a BIG help as players don't take any notice when told not to add to certain buildings.
    Technically they are wasting valuable resources, then the voters start it upgrading, which means it needs more resources to use it.
    Thank you
    If your co-op members want buildings upgraded, then why are you trying to stop them? The resources they are putting into them are THEIRS to do what they want with, not the property of the co-op.

What "buildings" cost more to use after upgrading (aside from the raft on the Co-op Village) ?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Both Factories -  they reduce happiness thus increasing costs across the board
    The Meadow - reduces the points given unless extra horses are kept there
    Discouraging donations is currently the only way to prevent voting becoming active. If there was a lock to prevent voting, donations would not be a problem   :¬)
Sign In to comment.