New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• @WascallyWabbit  Please can you have someone correct the messages on the EN Forum Home screen so that they are all in English?  Thanks

[email protected] us1 Leader of our Freespirits Co-op!  Level 203  Player- over 3 yrs!!   

Come Join Us!  We will teach you all about the game!  Read all about us here:  

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3385617/#Comment_3385617

• @WascallyWabbit  I need help with the Forum Groups.  I have a group on the Forum for my Freespirits Co-op on US1 (created 2-14-17).  It is a closed group for my Co-op members only.
    The name is: 

Freespirits Co-op Group (For Freespirits Co-op Members on US1 Only)

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/group/1103-freespirits-co-op-group-for-freespirits-co-op-members-on-us1-only
    **** Notice that this is on the EN forum --note the en after bigfarm in the address above. 
    ----------------------------------------------
    1st Big Problem

I was working on a post for our Christmas Preparations. (deleted old posts that are no longer needed) I invited some new players to join and found that the invite goes to the forum e-mail.  My deputy tested the invitation for me and there is no link to click on in the invitation to join the group.

So, that meant that I had to give her the following instructions:
    Go to the Forum
    Click on Groups
    Under My Groups -  (You will have nothing until you join one.)
    Keep going down and there is a listing of New Groups
    At the bottom of New Groups on the left in green it says All New Groups.....  Click there
    Then you have to go to Page 26--Sorry there is no easire way to do it now! 
    On Page 26, currently the 14th one down:
    It says Freespirits Co-op Group (For Freespirits Co-op Members on US1 Only)
    Click on Join and then you should be in the group!
    I have already sent you an invitation in the Forum E-mail, but I understand that it does not have a link to click on to join, so this is the only way to do it. 
    That worked.

*****  After the first 3 pages, you have to go page by page, one page at a time to get to my group--all the way to page 26, so that a player can click on JOIN to join it!  In time this could be many more pages down! There really needs to be a link in the invitation to do this!  Also, there is no way at all to search for the group that you want to join.  I tried in the regular Forum Search and it does not come up there.  There is no other way to search for it on the groups page. 

***** I have 1 player that I cannot send an invite to - Thornton7 - level 172.  I am going to check and see if he has ever logged in to the forum before, and if not have him do that and see if that helps. 

***** Another new player (my Grandson) coolguymrlazy Level 42 has not added his e-mail address to his game yet due to some computer problems - I think he has them resolved now, and I just have to have him add his new e-mail address to the game and log in to the forum (has not done that yet) and then I'm hoping all will be OK.  Same problem, he is not found.
    (Both are found in the rankings and in my Co-op list of members.)

*****When I tried to send these 2 players an invatation, their game names did not exist.  Once again, they are Thornton7 - Level 172 and coolguymrlazy - Level 42
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Big Problem
    The website for the Group is:
     https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/group/1103-freespirits-co-op-group-for-freespirits-co-op-members-on-us1-only
    **** Note the en in the address above.

From my game, when I:
    Go to the Forum (click on the place at the top right of the screen for the forum) Takes me to the en forum
    Click on Groups
    Under My Groups 
    Click on Freespirits Co-op Group (For Freespirits Co-op Members on US1 Only)

The website for the Group is:
    **** Note that after bigfarm in the address is en - the correct forum!!!

Scroll down to the discussion: Santa List - Christmas Preparations Dec. 2017 - Team Records and click on it.
    Website Address is:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/169153/santa-list-christmas-preparations-dec-2017-team-records#latest

**** Note that it has changed after bigfarm to the de Forum!!!!  Everything on the page is now in German, except for my post.
    I can change the de to en and then all is in English, but as soon as I do anything, it changes to de again. Anything I do with it, edit, add a post, etc. changes to the de forum. 

------------------------------------------------------------
    My Test
    From my main group page here:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/post/discussion?groupid=1103

I posted a new discussion called Test Discussion and when I posted it, it comes up on the de forum!!!

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/169168/test-discussion/p1?new=1

AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    **** I deleted this Test Discussion post, so as not to confuse my Co-op members any more.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
       I will have to tell my co-op members just to change the de to en until this is fixed. 
       I do not think I am doing anything wrong.  It's really hard to navigate when using the groups when I do not speak German! 
       I am using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.  Cashes, cleared, all up to date, etc. 

So at least I have a work around for now, but hopefully this can be fixed soon.  Can you help me with this Wabbit, please?   

Thanks, Crafty

[email protected] us1 Leader of our Freespirits Co-op!  Level 203  Player- over 3 yrs!!   

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3385617/#Comment_3385617

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) Posts: 3,268US1

*****  After the first 3 pages, you have to go page by page, one page at a time to get to my group--all the way to page 26, so that a player can click on JOIN to join it!  In time this could be many more pages down! There really needs to be a link in the invitation to do this!  Also, there is no way at all to search for the group that you want to join.  I tried in the regular Forum Search and it does not come up there.  There is no other way to search for it on the groups page.

Have them try going to https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/group/join/1103-freespirits-co-op-group-for-freespirits-co-op-members-on-us1-only - that should allow them to join the group directly.. Then they can use your first link that you already posted to go into the group.

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
  • edited 17.12.2017
    @Southern (US1)  Great suggestion Southern!  (Now why didn't I think of that!!!  LOL)  Thanks!  Crafty

@Southern (US1)  Thanks for trying, but that does not work. It just says You aren't allowed to join this group.  I had a player that I had sent an invitation to try it out.   So we'll just go back to the original plan and go to page 26 to join, un til GGS can fix this!
    Merry Christmas!
    Crafty
    Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on

• Can we still not accept new players in Chapter 5 of the Christmas Preparations Event? Will accepting a new player hurt the other members of the Coop? Thank you for a quick answer
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) Posts: 128US1
    One of my co-op members has been unable to log in to the forum for more than 2 years. It keeps telling her that her email address is incorrect. She also can't get in touch with Support to find out why - she has to be able to get to the forum to do that, yes? Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks.
  • she can read the forum without her e-mail address.  However, in order to post comments, she needs her e-mail address to log in.
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) Posts: 105US1
    when r u going to fix the candy farm event. If we open it then it freezes the game, come on.  
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) Posts: 491US1
    taking anywhere from 2-5 logins to be able to post in the forum when it used to be a simple click from inside the game or a single login directly into the forum - have been messaging support for a long time over this issue and all i ever get back is a robo-message of "sorry this is a delayed message" on how how "overwhelmed" they are but never any solutions, fixes, ETA's or having the darn thing just working -

I am guessing this 3rd party support is as intentionally uninformed and helpless as the rest of us -

the one thing they have going for them is they very obviously don't play the game and a fortunate to have missed out on all that fun-frustration (although i am sure the overwhelming angry and frustrated complaints maybe make up for that - but at least they get paid to e-trash and robo-respond that all is working correctly) and don't have a clue about how the game works (or is supposed to) 
  • Trying to respond to above.  When click in email told...You don't have permission to do that.
  • My settings are in English.  Why is my inbox in another language?
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) Posts: 1,397GB1
    LIttle tip for anyone sick and tired of being prompted to log into the forum every time.

Just remember what day you were here last.    Then open a new window, go to your history, dig out the last time you were here, and viola.   Your here again all logged in.

See what I do when not playing silly games.
    http://ArtmakersWorlds.com
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) Posts: 6,284US1
    edited 04.01.2018
    LIttle tip for anyone sick and tired of being prompted to log into the forum every time.

Just remember what day you were here last.    Then open a new window, go to your history, dig out the last time you were here, and viola.   Your here again all logged in.

Also, you can click on the "home" icon top left-hand side of the Forum page.  Don't have to open a new window that way. :)

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• artful (US1)artful (US1) Posts: 6,284US1

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) Posts: 105US1
    Hi Art,  I am having trouble with a pop up saying my flash is blocked. I have hit on every thing flash related and it still appears.  I also have this red x saying this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenicated source.

I play with chrome 
    ok i switched to the stand alone player and obviously i can't get to the forum the way i normally do so signed in through a saved bookmarked thread and my notifications say permissions error and I am unable to see anything  - when i log out i am throw to a german(?) forum exit obviously this is kind of weird had no issues less than 24 hours ago...
  • RowdyRacRowdyRac Posts: 1,188Moderator, ModGreen
    edited 06.04.2018
    @JustMe (US1)

There appears to be a problem with Vanilla Forums for some players at the moment, specifically regarding  "notifications".
    It has been reported and is being looked into.

You can, apparently still use the "Notifications" tab below the picture on your profile with success....

ok had all kinds of issues and could not even sign into the game in any browser 

now that I have the game back in a regular browser  cleared cache and reinstalled the papi flash player for and signed into the forum multiple times because although it saw me as signed it it still displayed the "sign in" message and took me to the login for any forum 

so I am going to again try and quit the game in my browser but keep the forum up like i did last night and restart the stand alone flash player for the game again and see what happens
  • PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) Posts: 128US1
    I have a co-op member that cannot get into forum .He says it says his name is already used. Yes but its by him????
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) Posts: 7,256US1
    edited 19.12.2019
    I have a co-op member that cannot get into forum .He says it says his name is already used. Yes but its by him????
    Here try checking here ;)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/173873/need-help-logging-into-your-farm#latest
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • RowdyRacRowdyRac Posts: 1,188Moderator, ModGreen
    @PJ Farmer (US1)

Everyone's forum name is exactly the same as his/her player name in-game.  It is therefore impossible for anyone to have used his name, except for himself.
    Depending on what method he uses to access the forum, it may be important for him to make sure he uses the right server associated with his name  (in this case it will be US1).
    If he is trying to access the forum via the in-game button, he will arrive at a login page with his name already displayed, and then he only needs to enter his game password in the appropriate space.

Interestingly enough, while I was trying to tag you in this post, the forum indicated that there is a pjfarmer on the Spanish server !
    This is not pertinent to your friend specifically but cool, right ? :D
  • I have a proper e-mail address.  I get messages from you there.   Why do I get the following message when trying to log on to forum?????  I have clicked on the here and and can not fix it.

E-Mail address not verified. Please verify your address within the game in order to login or access forums without login here.
    Gumbyfoofs @ us 1
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) Posts: 1,505US1
    I had that the other day too.
    Eventually could get back on 
    MRG1  (US1)
    Former avid player... and long-time Outlander fanatic

• WascallyWabbitWascallyWabbit Posts: 5,970Moderator, ModGreen
    I have a proper e-mail address.  I get messages from you there.   Why do I get the following message when trying to log on to forum?????  I have clicked on the here and and can not fix it.

E-Mail address not verified. Please verify your address within the game in order to login or access forums without login here.
    @Gumbyfoofs (US1) Just out of interest, if you click the new button in game settings (the one with the envelope on it) does it confirm that your email is verified?

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

• chbamb (US1)chbamb (US1) Posts: 26US1
    If you click on the new icon and check the subscribe to newsletter box, then you have to "confirm" you want the newsletters before it will let you back into the forum. Just happened to me a few minutes ago. Once I confirmed, I was able to log back in. 

If you click the new icon only, I don't know if they send another confirm email, but my guess is that they do. 
    @PJ Farmer (US1) Has this issue been resolved? If not, please send me a PM with the players name.

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

• PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) Posts: 128US1
    yes- sorry did see this
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) Posts: 510AU1
    If I search for something it gives me results in multiple languages, not just English
    If I search for something it gives me results in multiple languages, not just English
    @archerbob (AU1) If you just search in the box on the right of the forum, that looks in all the forums, so what you need to do is filter the search down a bit:

• Click the GO button, without entering anything in the box:

• Add your search word & click on the options arrow:

• Click the arrow to open the Category menu - These are all the categories ONLY for the EN forum, so if you choose one of them it should not give all the results from the other forums (though a few sometimes sneak through) - You can try the same search in different categories if you are unsure where to look & there are some other filters that you can use to narrow the results.

Its not the best forum search around, but its a big improvement from when all we had was that little box. :smile:

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) Posts: 1,505US1
    edited 18.09.2018

That brings me to last thread I looked at, but NEVER logs me in.  I can then view the forum, but I get ALL posts from the beginning; I can't view by the new/latest posts.
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
    MRG1  (US1)
    Former avid player... and long-time Outlander fanatic

Sign In to comment.