Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I almost always try to say something funny in my posts, this way if someone LOLs I can simply assume it is for what I have said that was funny  B)  (Actually thats just my nature, trying to keep things light, unless I am really upset about something)   And if I forgot to say something funny, if someone would LOL me, I could care less, it's not like they came to my house and laughed in my face. And if they did, I would most likely laugh in their face.  

If something in the post made me laugh out loud, I always hit the LOL. However,  I never do it to be mean.  

I think there should be "agree", "disagree", and LOL buttons.

As far as the flag button goes, maybe a confirmation of abuse popup can be added that shows a description of what abuse is and then a confirmation button to flag if they are certain abuse is taking place?

• I almost always try to say something funny in my posts, this way if someone LOLs I can simply assume it is for what I have said that was funny 
    @Shay1968 (US1) What a great idea! I wish we could make that a forum rule lol  :)

Image result for funny ostrich falling gif

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    That ostrich has great talent  thanks for making me smile wabbit. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Frankie59 (US1)  I couldn't agree more, from the very 1st day that we moved to this forum, my 1st request was that they add the option to sort posts with latest 1st instead of latest last, as that is a basic function on any forum I have ever belonged to & I know there are several players that prefer to show latest 1st. Unfortunately, that is not down to GGS, it has to be changed by Vanilla & we are still waiting. :/

It is still on the list of feature requests that we send to Vanilla, maybe one day they will surprise us & it will suddenly appear in an update.
    Is that not what the "Recent Discussions" button is for?

That's what I use it for, to sort all the threads with "New Replies" to the top of the list, so hopefully I don't miss anything.  It doesn't seem to include the "Community" forums (Player Introductions, Cooperatives, Chicken Coop or Gamers Lounge), but I don't typically read those anyway..

But as for the rest, am I missing anything by using the Recent Discussions button?  If so I may have to change my reading strategy. :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I have no problem either with the recent discussion button so maybe I need to change my strategy too but got to say so far not seeing that anything is wrong. 
  • @Southern (US1) @Damaria3 (US1) I think that Frankie was talking about once you have opened a thread. Most forums having a setting to allow you to choose to have the latest post on a thread as the 1st post on page 1 or the last post on the last page, we have no choice with Vanilla & I always prefer 1st post 1st. :/

The Chicken coop & Games lounge are excluded from the Recent post list, but if you are not seeing the others in there, you must have muted them yourself.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 13.09.2017
    This forum seems to be a farce because you don't know where to post concern because they don't delete anything, you don't know where to place you're concerns/complaints as GGS deems it should be & players really don't know the full function of it capabilities (ex. constant, immediate possible fixes). I have also determined the constant issues that come with maintenance, upgrades, etc. is on purpose or they really don't know what they're doing. How can you have the same issues when applying the same events, new events, etc.? There's only 3 reasons I can think of you don't care, don't know what you're doing, or on purpose. Which applies GGS?  
    @noisy (US1)  As your question is predominantly about how the forum works, it has been moved here, which is the main thread for asking questions about the forum & the answer is that, if you have a topic you wish to discuss or ask about, you should first look to see if there is already a thread for that topic & if you don`t find one, just start a new discussion in the section called General discussions & questions.  We are well aware that the search feature is far from perfect, in fact it is far from even adequate & if you do start a new thread, when one already exists, it is far easier for us (the mods) to merge them together, that it is for us to keep pulling off-topic posts from totally unrelated discussions & moving them where they should be - So if in doubt, always start a new thread. :)

As for things being deleted or even edited, we do not  just do that because we do not like what is being said, we moderate posts based entirely on the Community Guidelines, so if you have criticisms, concerns, negative opinions etc provided they are posted in a respectful way, they do not get removed just because they may not agree with actions taken by GGS. So if you do wish to ask about what causes so many things to go wrong after every update, I would suggest posting your question in the Developer's Treehouse & hopefully one of the devs will get some time to answer it for you. :)

Which brings me to another topic, which has been raised, again, in the reactions to your post (from which the flag has been removed)  & this is addressed to everyone: FLAGS ARE FOR ALERTING MODERATORS TO POSTS WHICH ARE IN BREACH OF THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES - I do not know how many times we have to say this, but it is getting ridiculous now. If someone posts something that you do not like or do not agree with, you can post a response to them or you can ignore it, you DO NOT flag it. Since it has become apparent that several people are unclear on what is against the guidelines, I would suggest that you all just stop using the flags, unless you see a post that is so offensive, that it is, without doubt, clear to everyone that it needs to be removed from the forum ASAP.  We read all the posts & if something needs to be modded, we will find it, so in most cases it not necessary for anyone to flag it for us & we are very fortunate on this forum, that cases of very serious abuse or offence are rare & so there should be very few flags on the board at all. The current trend of flagging each other as a form of harassment is not only against the Community Guidelines, it is a complete waste of our time, which would much rather be spending answering your questions or doing things like forum contests.

I look for like conversation before posting but I'm mot always able to figure out where it goes because some discussions are very similar & have tried to find where to start a new post but was unsuccessful. Thanks for clarification on where to place particular subjects & new post.
  • YEA I GUSSE SO HOW YOU TAKE SCREEN SHOT ON COMPUTER DONT KNOW HOW

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Hey @WascallyWabbit I think the forum notifications are broken. I have a notification saying Kimmiecat mentioned me in a post but when I go to the post, my name is nowhere to be seen. :/

When I click on the link in the notifications, it goes to this post....
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3663306/#Comment_3663306

I didn't break it...I swear o:) Maybe Kimmie wrote my name in invisible ink :p
  • @jess_d (US1) The post in your link has a quote in it that has been edited. It is a quote of my post which originally had namedrops to you & FarmerCli in it & you have subsequently been edited out... Aww :(
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 19.10.2017
    @jess_d (US1) The post in your link has a quote in it that has been edited. It is a quote of my post which originally had namedrops to you & FarmerCli in it & you have subsequently been edited out... Aww :(
    Did I do something illegal?

Not at all, its just another example of Vanilla's neverending weirdness, sending a notification to someone for a namedrop after its been removed lol | Wabbit 
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I accidentally clicked on the Mark all viewed button and all new message notifications are gone.  How do I undo it?
    The button is very large and appears on all pages.  Can the button be moved to the settings page?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 01.11.2017
    That probably wouldn't work very well.  "Mark all viewed" doesn't mean here what it does on most other forums.  On other forums, "Mark all viewed" will mark "as read" anything you've seen, like the option in most e-mail services, and leave the rest as new or unread.  Here, it eliminates the "new comments" alert on everything, which is what some people want sometimes.  I use it quite often to declutter the page.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I use it all the time, read all the threads that interest me then "mark as read". Come back later, hit "discussions" again, only threads with new posts are tagged, I don't have to pick through all the ones I'm not interested in to find them.   :¬)
    I use it all the time, read all the threads that interest me then "mark as read". Come back later, hit "discussions" again, only threads with new posts are tagged, I don't have to pick through all the ones I'm not interested in to find them.   :¬)
    You said it better, and much more clearly. :)
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The button can also made smaller and not together with categories because they are not related.  Mark all viewed makes an irreversible change, the others are just links.  
    The button can also made smaller and not together with categories because they are not related.  Mark all viewed makes an irreversible change, the others are just links.  
    True, and it does make it confusing.  However, not sure where they'd put it.  And at the end of the day, does it really matter in the larger scheme of things?

Still, some description would have been helpful.  First time I clicked on it, I thought it would just mark the discussions I had viewed. Learned the hard way that wasn't it. :)
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    HI I KEEP GETTING EITHER GREEK OR CZECH LANGUAGE, IM ON THE UK SERVER, IS IT A BUG ?
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Hi all,

Since yesterday the in-game forum button does not work for me anymore, gotta open a new tab and type community.goodgamestudios.com etc manually to get into forum.

Anyone else?

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Now that is odd ! 
    I've used a bookmark to open forum for years but, this morning, I used the in-game link.
    Worked perfectly.
    Perhaps it was the shock of seeing me use it that caused it to break.  :¬D
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Hahaha @Uncle John  :D  

All good, today it's working again! 

Cheers!
  • @WascallyWabbit Please can you have someone correct the messages on the EN Forum Home screen so that they are all in English?  Thanks

• @WascallyWabbit I need help with the Forum Groups.  I have a group on the Forum for my Freespirits Co-op on US1 (created 2-14-17).  It is a closed group for my Co-op members only.
    The name is: 

Freespirits Co-op Group (For Freespirits Co-op Members on US1 Only)

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/group/1103-freespirits-co-op-group-for-freespirits-co-op-members-on-us1-only
    **** Notice that this is on the EN forum --note the en after bigfarm in the address above. 
    ----------------------------------------------
    1st Big Problem

I was working on a post for our Christmas Preparations. (deleted old posts that are no longer needed) I invited some new players to join and found that the invite goes to the forum e-mail.  My deputy tested the invitation for me and there is no link to click on in the invitation to join the group.

So, that meant that I had to give her the following instructions:
    Go to the Forum
    Click on Groups
    Under My Groups -  (You will have nothing until you join one.)
    Keep going down and there is a listing of New Groups
    At the bottom of New Groups on the left in green it says All New Groups.....  Click there
    Then you have to go to Page 26--Sorry there is no easire way to do it now! 
    On Page 26, currently the 14th one down:
    It says Freespirits Co-op Group (For Freespirits Co-op Members on US1 Only)
    Click on Join and then you should be in the group!
    I have already sent you an invitation in the Forum E-mail, but I understand that it does not have a link to click on to join, so this is the only way to do it. 
    That worked.

*****  After the first 3 pages, you have to go page by page, one page at a time to get to my group--all the way to page 26, so that a player can click on JOIN to join it!  In time this could be many more pages down! There really needs to be a link in the invitation to do this!  Also, there is no way at all to search for the group that you want to join.  I tried in the regular Forum Search and it does not come up there.  There is no other way to search for it on the groups page. 

***** I have 1 player that I cannot send an invite to - Thornton7 - level 172.  I am going to check and see if he has ever logged in to the forum before, and if not have him do that and see if that helps. 

***** Another new player (my Grandson) coolguymrlazy Level 42 has not added his e-mail address to his game yet due to some computer problems - I think he has them resolved now, and I just have to have him add his new e-mail address to the game and log in to the forum (has not done that yet) and then I'm hoping all will be OK.  Same problem, he is not found.
    (Both are found in the rankings and in my Co-op list of members.)

*****When I tried to send these 2 players an invatation, their game names did not exist.  Once again, they are Thornton7 - Level 172 and coolguymrlazy - Level 42
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Big Problem
    The website for the Group is:
     https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/group/1103-freespirits-co-op-group-for-freespirits-co-op-members-on-us1-only
    **** Note the en in the address above.

From my game, when I:
    Go to the Forum (click on the place at the top right of the screen for the forum) Takes me to the en forum
    Click on Groups
    Under My Groups 
    Click on Freespirits Co-op Group (For Freespirits Co-op Members on US1 Only)

The website for the Group is:
    **** Note that after bigfarm in the address is en - the correct forum!!!

Scroll down to the discussion: Santa List - Christmas Preparations Dec. 2017 - Team Records and click on it.
    Website Address is:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/169153/santa-list-christmas-preparations-dec-2017-team-records#latest

**** Note that it has changed after bigfarm to the de Forum!!!!  Everything on the page is now in German, except for my post.
    I can change the de to en and then all is in English, but as soon as I do anything, it changes to de again. Anything I do with it, edit, add a post, etc. changes to the de forum. 

------------------------------------------------------------
    My Test
    From my main group page here:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/post/discussion?groupid=1103

I posted a new discussion called Test Discussion and when I posted it, it comes up on the de forum!!!

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/169168/test-discussion/p1?new=1

AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    **** I deleted this Test Discussion post, so as not to confuse my Co-op members any more.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
       I will have to tell my co-op members just to change the de to en until this is fixed. 
       I do not think I am doing anything wrong.  It's really hard to navigate when using the groups when I do not speak German! 
       I am using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.  Cashes, cleared, all up to date, etc. 

So at least I have a work around for now, but hopefully this can be fixed soon.  Can you help me with this Wabbit, please?   

Thanks, Crafty

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

*****  After the first 3 pages, you have to go page by page, one page at a time to get to my group--all the way to page 26, so that a player can click on JOIN to join it!  In time this could be many more pages down! There really needs to be a link in the invitation to do this!  Also, there is no way at all to search for the group that you want to join.  I tried in the regular Forum Search and it does not come up there.  There is no other way to search for it on the groups page.

Have them try going to https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/group/join/1103-freespirits-co-op-group-for-freespirits-co-op-members-on-us1-only - that should allow them to join the group directly.. Then they can use your first link that you already posted to go into the group.

• edited 17.12.2017
    @Southern (US1)  Great suggestion Southern!  (Now why didn't I think of that!!!  LOL)  Thanks!  Crafty

@Southern (US1)  Thanks for trying, but that does not work. It just says You aren't allowed to join this group.  I had a player that I had sent an invitation to try it out.   So we'll just go back to the original plan and go to page 26 to join, un til GGS can fix this!
    Merry Christmas!
    Crafty
    Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on
  • Can we still not accept new players in Chapter 5 of the Christmas Preparations Event? Will accepting a new player hurt the other members of the Coop? Thank you for a quick answer
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    One of my co-op members has been unable to log in to the forum for more than 2 years. It keeps telling her that her email address is incorrect. She also can't get in touch with Support to find out why - she has to be able to get to the forum to do that, yes? Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks.
  • Joybells (US1)Joybells (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    she can read the forum without her e-mail address.  However, in order to post comments, she needs her e-mail address to log in.
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    when r u going to fix the candy farm event. If we open it then it freezes the game, come on.  
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    taking anywhere from 2-5 logins to be able to post in the forum when it used to be a simple click from inside the game or a single login directly into the forum - have been messaging support for a long time over this issue and all i ever get back is a robo-message of "sorry this is a delayed message" on how how "overwhelmed" they are but never any solutions, fixes, ETA's or having the darn thing just working -

I am guessing this 3rd party support is as intentionally uninformed and helpless as the rest of us -

the one thing they have going for them is they very obviously don't play the game and a fortunate to have missed out on all that fun-frustration (although i am sure the overwhelming angry and frustrated complaints maybe make up for that - but at least they get paid to e-trash and robo-respond that all is working correctly) and don't have a clue about how the game works (or is supposed to) 
Sign In to comment.