Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Big thank you to you too Data King :) Tbh I have that link bookmarked, was just not sure it still is valid. A mate at my co-op told me there has been changes when turning lvl 10, but couldn´t give details. Thought double-checking with you guys would be a good idea :) and it was. Thank you again guys.

• herring are great and in all fish hard work event i gona stay on it from start till end of event hehe 
    i will never win gold lic or getting in top 50 rank this way but its good to have break from events for few days hehe
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    edited 27.08.2019
    I haven't had to get oysters or lobsters, while others have.  Maybe they are selecting the items randomly now?

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    The silo items have always been random...but they changed the starting fish from oysters to herrings.
    I haven't had oysters yet either, (nor clams) but had shrimp twice.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @Kimmiecat (NL1) Most players find that the herring pools are more available than almost any shell fish pools
    @Data King (US1)
      First : that only helps for the first crate so it is no more than shifting the problem to a later time
    Second : my remark about the herring was a reply to @uksharon (GB1) ......herring as a starter requires no more gold than oyster did.
    Well as I discovered this round of the FHW, I was able to run herring from start to finish at 11 and made the GML. First time since they changed it way back when :) Usually I just try for the 2 ships and hope  o:)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 28.08.2019
    I don't know how you got the GML on herring at 11 from start to finish, I just now got the GML running at 17 PPS which I just achieved about 3 hours ago.  I don't ave enough time left to get HWR #50 which would be the really neat mermaid sculpture, but getting the GML for the first time since I made the level to put me against the big guys meaning up to level 999 is really nice.  :)
  • I hope that ggs don't think we have forgotten the fiasco that is the current FHWE, I have been expecting an announcement as to how this mess is going to be sorted,but nothing yet. The farmers league results are completely incorrect because of the flying start a lot of players received. @WascallyWabbit @RowdyRac
    I had herring, oysters, swordfish, shrimp, lobster, tuna, herring, and tuna again.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    herring are great and in all fish hard work event i gona stay on it from start till end of event hehe 
    i will never win gold lic or getting in top 50 rank this way but its good to have break from events for few days hehe
    Here also. From start to finish herring at 11p/sec. Rank 201 AND a GML. Very NIce and no stress
  • @amazingrose7 (GB1) We have asked again today (twice already), will let you all know as soon as we get any answers for you.
  • @WascallyWabbit,thank you x
  • im missed few hour from start of event but got gold lic with herring 11 point from start till end if not missed start of event have gotten deco too 

well when fish event finished got all reward again idk its whole INT1 issue or just affected few
    im missed few hour from start of event but got gold lic with herring 11 point from start till end if not missed start of event have gotten deco too 

well when fish event finished got all reward again idk its whole INT1 issue or just affected few
    Are you sure you did get all rewards again after the event ended?  Or.....
    Did you just see the list of all the rewards you had received for the event that you could scroll through to verify them?  It always gives a list of what you won when it ends.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Does not look like GGS are going to make a comment in the cock up of the fhwe. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Does not look like GGS are going to make a comment in the cock up of the fhwe. 
    You do know that GGS does not read the forum. The Mods pass on our requests & complaints to their team.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    @Data King (US1) well i know that, that would be asking way too much of them, but no good contacting support about anything either as you only get the same hog wash reply !!
  • Unable to make tins of chum

I can collect fish with the boats fine, and make pots of chum in the dockyard. However, the chum doesn't seem to register in the Fish Market, so I am never able to fill orders with various chums, although I can with straight fish. My fish market is just stuck cos I can never fill the orders.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Unable to make tins of chum

I can collect fish with the boats fine, and make pots of chum in the dockyard. However, the chum doesn't seem to register in the Fish Market, so I am never able to fill orders with various chums, although I can with straight fish. My fish market is just stuck cos I can never fill the orders.
    Are you sure you're trying to supply the right chum?  Some look like ordinary chum, but are in fact, specialized chum, and vice versa. 
  • Yes, I see the different kinds of chum. The chum just doesn't register for the market contract thing so in effect I can't sell the chums, which is a bit annoying after jumping through the hoops.

Yes, I see the different kinds of chum. The chum just doesn't register for the market contract thing so in effect I can't sell the chums, which is a bit annoying after jumping through the hoops.

:(
  • Yes, I see the different kinds of chum. The chum just doesn't register for the market contract thing so in effect I can't sell the chums, which is a bit annoying after jumping through the hoops.

@Mrs Tweedy (GB1) Please could you post screenshots of pages 6 & 7 on the "Produce" tab in your Farm Management & also of your Contracts asking for Chum, that are not registering it - Or you can send them to me in a PM if you prefer. Thank you.
  • Have spent time trying to send you pictures. Sorry, not a computer expert. Doesn't seem to copy to this page. Decided to give up fishing for a while in the hope that it mends. :(

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Your contracts are looking for "Oyster Chum" and "Shrimp Chum".

You can make those in the Dockyard, on Page 3 or 4 of the Production Menu. 

My Dockyard is busy for the next 8 hours, or I'd post some screenshots of how to get there.. but if you can't find them (on page 3 or 4), then please post here and I'm sure someone will be glad to put up some screenshots of what you need to click on to get there. :)
    Have spent time trying to send you pictures. Sorry, not a computer expert. Doesn't seem to copy to this page. Decided to give up fishing for a while in the hope that it mends. :(

Back  to my original comment, you may have been making "Regular Chum" using Oysters and/or shrimp.  The setup is very confusing. You have to scroll several pages back and make "Oyster Chum" and "Shrimp Chum."
  • Thanks, Southern, I have tried it again and it isn't working properly. I will get onto Support about it.
  • @Mrs Tweedy (GB1)  Thanks for the screenshots, as you can see below, you have 195 regular "Chum", but 0 for all of the other types,  so this is why they are not filling your contracts.

When you start production of chum in your dockyard, ALL of the recipes on pages 1 & 2 and the 1st one on page 3, are to make regular "Chum", they each just use a different fish to make it from. To make the other  6 types of chum, you need to use the recipes on pages 3 & 4 and you can check the name of the chum that you are making in the text above the picture.

On your contracts, when you hover your cursor over the picture of the chum, it will tell you which type it is. If it just says "Chum" then it is regular chum.
  • Rob1959 (INT1)Rob1959 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2
    How the fishing works, can not upgrade anything.  Have only one boat that I need to choose from. 
    The wharf is only information, can not upgrade. So be stuck in basic functions.
    How to upgrade anything here?
    Also stuck with Oleg the fisherman, he need special bait, tried everything did not work.
    There are events for fish but shell fish can not get any, did not find out how?

Regards,
    Rob
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 25.11.2019
    @amazingrose7 (GB1)  This is not the 1st time this has happened.  Every other time this has happened we have just been ignored (not by mods) and no change.  The same thing keeps on happening and exact same response from GGS.  NOTHING.  It totally destroys results from FL, FL is just random on who get the prizes. if you were lucky enough to get the bugs at the start to help and you will get the gold medal.  It also happened on Northern lights where players started with 5M as they had not been online between the 2 temp farm (this does not effect FL but same problem)

FL is a total fail, since it has been introduced there has been nothing but problems.  Get rid of it totally.  Give us more DW for the diamonds, or put diamonds as hard work rewards.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree......when Farmers League was introduced it seemed interesting at the time but now its become a repetitive borefest consisting of constant silo events and CC's. Event overload would be fine if GGS changed it up a little and gave us new events to play but this barrage of hardworkers over and over again for a handful of diamonds isn't worth the effort.

On a positive note......Dreamworld is a step in the right direction along with the hardwork rewards in Goldfish rescue.......now back to my boring silo event if I can stay awake to fill it.
    I personally don't hate FL now that it's become background noise to me.  I just farm and do the events I want, and voila, every now and then I get some diamonds. I don't let it dictate how I play the game. 
Sign In to comment.