Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    I don't see where anyone has confirmed that herring can no longer be safely taken to 10 (unless I missed a post somewhere :) ) - was it a bug or has it been changed? I do know one thing - people are still losing HUGE amounts of time on it, so if it HAS been changed, please confirm it so that people don't end up getting stuck with only four or five hours (or four or five minutes!) when setting up for overnight. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I don't see where anyone has confirmed that herring can no longer be safely taken to 10 (unless I missed a post somewhere :) ) - was it a bug or has it been changed? I do know one thing - people are still losing HUGE amounts of time on it, so if it HAS been changed, please confirm it so that people don't end up getting stuck with only four or five hours (or four or five minutes!) when setting up for overnight. 
    We definitely need OFFICIAL confirmation on this. Thank you in advance, Mods/CM.
  • Well, I for one am NOT amused. 

I'm normally very good at the FHWE, by using skill, judgement, and nudging the table at key moments. 

Now all skill has been taken out of it. Two players in my league will automatically get gold/silver because of their multi-million starting bonus. 
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 24.08.2019
    We definitely need OFFICIAL confirmation on this. Thank you in advance, Mods/CM.
    Herring still functions exactly the way it always has in the past.  I took my herring to 10 with no difficulties earlier today, and continued adding more time to it.  I just skipped through about 30 hours of time since my next fish was ready . 

TIme does reduce when you get to 10pps (as it always has) and if you just barely go over the threshold for 10pps it might look like a dramatic reduction, but you will still have HOURS not minutes of time on the silo.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Starting the fhwe on herring is a really crafty setup by ggs and i shall tell you why, when collecting the herring it will take you past 10 you now have hours to wait for the funnel to finish this is a way of making you use gold because if you wait you are losing points.
    Herring still functions exactly the way it always has in the past.  I took my herring to 10 with no difficulties earlier today, and continued adding more time to it.  I just skipped through about 30 hours of time since my next fish was ready . 

TIme does reduce when you get to 10pps (as it always has) and if you just barely go over the threshold for 10pps it might look like a dramatic reduction, but you will still have HOURS not minutes of time on the silo.
    excellent!  Thank you for the info, Lylu!
    Starting the fhwe on herring is a really crafty setup by ggs and i shall tell you why, when collecting the herring it will take you past 10 you now have hours to wait for the funnel to finish this is a way of making you use gold because if you wait you are losing points.
    You're right, of course. But now that they've nerfed the event, I'm happy just to "set it and forget it," and get what I can while doing other things. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 25.08.2019
    From what I can tell, the numbers (at least for Herring) HAVE changed - 8 PPS and below give you less time than they used to, 9 PPS and 10 PPS give you MORE time than it used to.

8 PPS used to be 11 minutes 25 seconds per fish (685 seconds)
    9 PPS used to be 3 minutes 45 seconds per fish (225 seconds)
    10 PPS used to be 1.5 minutes (90 seconds) per fish.

So it's still *very* safe to take Herring to 10 PPS.
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    The problem has been reported but since the offices are closed over the weekend, there is no further information at this point  :|
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 24.08.2019
    LOL its a bug No change there then !!! What happens to all these that get the gold, silver and bronze medals because of the score being wrong ??? i for one will be requesting a refund for the season pass.
    Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    GGS forgot to give us a popup at login giving us a list of all the new and exciting bugs they have for us today.

Im still amazed at how perfectly every popup, hot deal, sale and offers are functioning while everything else is broken, it shows where GGS priorities lie.
  • Goodness knows how they are going to deal with this absolute mess - but one thing is for sure, with the current mood its going to have to be very carefully thought out.  They had an awful lot of unhappy customers before this latest farce of an event) let alone now. Doing the wrong thing will I think (and know in a some cases having chatted to some other players) be the final straw for some and result in them leaving the game for good.

I wish I could say I am shocked by this latest muck-up, but I really think GGS has lost its way by bringing out all this new stuff and with it bug after bug after bug.  It always was bad, but this, oh boy, is a whole new level of shambles.
    I thought they  promised no more back-to-crates of fish from the same pools. :(

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @uksharon (GB1)  - nothing has changed in that regard. With oysters, you would always go to 10 and have hours and hours to get ready for the next fish or if you were prepared, use the first skip for just 100 gold. Small price to pay out of GML. It was always good if the event started in your time zone at bed time. Without the calendar, they have taken the fun out of it because for me, the biggest challenge was in getting your peparation right. First part was in hoarding oysters. Fill the boats with whatever was available, once you had 400, if better pools came in, harvest the boats with least number and send them out again. The idea was to free up boats and start collecting a little bit of everything else to be ready for your next fish. When the event started, the challenge then was to stay in top 5 without spending too much gold

@artful (US1) - With you there. The event has now become a set and forget one. Zero gold being used.
    Re: the promises. Don't you know, GGS runs on the old principle "Promises are like pie crust, they are made to be broken"

@Southern (US1) - Thanks for those updated figures. Had noticed the change but not collected any data.
    edited 25.08.2019
    @artful (US1) - With you there. The event has now become a set and forget one. Zero gold being used.
    Re: the promises. Don't you know, GGS runs on the old principle "Promises are like pie crust, they are made to be broken"

LOL!  You're right. I'm mostly  "set it and forget it." but dang, let's suck all the fun and fairness out of every event.  Signed, Ron Popeil.

Image result for set it and forget it
  • @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) & @Southern (US1) Great job updating the chart, thankyou both :)

@Erwin the Fair (NL1) Thankyou for explaining the original numbers :)

@artful (US1) We did report that on the last run, we will give it another go, thanks for the screenshot. :)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    The herring problem I ran into on the last FHWE has been fixed.
    Whew!
    Thanks much to the person or persons who fixed it.
    @WascallyWabbit Thank you kindly!
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 26.08.2019
    My silo still has bugs.
    I was running swordfish on lvl 9 and the next 2 crates were clamp and lobster.
    Since I had enough clamp for a lot of hours running at  lvl 10, I harvest a boat of swordfish to go to lvl 10, so I could soon start the clamp.
    So the swordfish ran out, I see the picto of clamp besides the silo and started harvesting clamp.
    To my surprise no counter appeared. So I opened the silo and guess what....the clamp crate was skipped and it showed the lobster (of which I had none). 
    Refreshed the page but no luck....still lobster.

So my herring bug of last time was solved, but now it starts to skip crates randomly. The FHWE  seems to have gotten bugged since the Farmers competition is running simultaneously.
    As if the FHWE is not hard enough already. This sucks!!

I already accepted that top 50 was no longer within reach but at least I could score some medals in the FC. This way I lose out on both.

I do not see why it is any different from oyster. Oyster on lvl 10 was a minumum of 6:45H and herring 8:30H.
    So the 1:45H difference hardly makes the FHWE more difficult.
    Or am I missing something?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 26.08.2019
    I have been away and just returned. Understand there has been some changes in the FHWE concerning amount of fish one can fish before the timer drops to just a few minutes. I am thinking of the kinds that we could continuously add at lvl 10 without the timer dropping. Like oysters, tuna aso.

Is it still the same or what happens when we turn to lvl 10? I have tuna going atm, but do not dare up to lvl 10.

Cheers  :) 
  • tuna you can run the whole time if you have a good enough fleet, it does not drop as much as some of the others.  Tuna and herring you can keep going long time.  Fish that go very fast when they hit 10 are, lobster, swordfish, salmon and cod.  The 3 shell fish are not too bad but as supply is low of these can not run for much more than 12-15hrs if you wanted to on 10.
  • rea heh heh heh heh lly
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @Kimmiecat (NL1) Most players find that the herring pools are more available than almost any shell fish pools
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Thank you Byron Longford :) Much obliged.

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 26.08.2019
    @Kimmiecat (NL1) Most players find that the herring pools are more available than almost any shell fish pools
    @Data King (US1)
      First : that only helps for the first crate so it is no more than shifting the problem to a later time
    Second : my remark about the herring was a reply to @uksharon (GB1) ......herring as a starter requires no more gold than oyster did.
  • I just finished shrimp and the next one was herring... but instead of herring I got the next one...I'm really angry because I had all my boats filled with herring.

This is not the first time this happend and I know of another coop member having the same issu.

When are you going to take care off all the mistakes in this game, I get constant error popups from updating
Sign In to comment.