Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Cookiecutter8 (US1) That's great news, thanks for the update. :)

@GrammaLeah (US1) @carjola (AU1) That is how it has always worked. - In each point bracket, the more fish you harvest, the longer the time gets, so if you hover your cursor over the silo & it says that you need 63 more fish to the next bracket, 62 fish will get you on the maximum time for that bracket & 63 fish will move you to next bracket, at the minimum amount of time for that bracket. 

Once you reach the 10 point bracket, there is a huge difference between the number of seconds you get for each fish that you add, depending on the pool they are from, for example you get 108,000 secs per fish for Herring/Tuna, but only 1,440 secs per fish for Swordfish/Salmon/Cod (3,456 secs for Lobsters & 72,000 secs for the other 3 Shellfish) So, while it is true that your time will drop when you move from the top of the 9 point bracket to the bottom of the 10 point bracket, it is still much easier to add more time at 10 points, for Herring/Tuna or Oysters/Clams/Shrimps.

[Numbers of fish per sec courtesy of CrazyBigfarm's website]

I've never understood those numbers on CBF's website, because they're definitely not correct.

3,120,000 seconds per Oyster at 1 PPS? That would be 866 hours for just 1 Oyster. Or 72,000 seconds per Oyster at 10 PPS? That would be 20 hours per Oyster at 10 PPS.

I always just figured I wasn't reading it right.

At any rate, here's the chart I use, that's been spot on; I haven't checked it in the last FHWE though, I'll do that in the next one.

• Thankyou @Southern (US1),  the principal that I was explaining remains the same, but I have edited in a note not to reply on those numbers. Maybe you could get together with @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) & help get her page updated. 

I appreciate the correction, never good to post inaccurate data. :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I found those numbers long ago on a German blog site that is no longer on line. Not that I understood how to read them myself, but I thought that I had them worked out.

I would definetly appreciate any updated information to help us all.
    edited 10.08.2019
    I found those numbers long ago on a German blog site that is no longer on line. Not that I understood how to read them myself, but I thought that I had them worked out.

I would definetly appreciate any updated information to help us all.
    Well, I do know that the numbers I have posted above were valid at least up until the last FHWE. Since they changed it to start with Herring though in the last FHWE, I immediately went to 10 PPS when I unloaded my boats, so I didn't really have a chance to check any of the numbers. Next time the FHWE rolls around, I'll purposely SKIP herring so that I can check a few different fish and reverify the times.

Note; the times in my chart are in minutes; so each Shrimp/Oyster/Clam at 10PPS added 1 minute (60 seconds), each Swordfish/Salmon/Cod added 0.02 minutes (which is about 1 second), and each Lobster at 10 PPS added 0.048 minutes (which is about 3 seconds).  Herring & Tuna added 1.5 minutes (90 seconds each) at 10 PPS. Again though, they may have changed in the last FHWE, that's what I need to check. :)

When it started with Herring and I did the "Turbo Harvester" (Which unloaded ALL my boats at once), my timer immediately went to 10 PPS and started out around 17 hours, so it looked normal to me (per the times I were used to). After a few more unloads my timer was already at 3+ days, and had already exceeded the remaining time on the FHWE, so basically I did the entire FHWE at 11PPS (because of the bonus point). STILL wasn't enough to get the GML, but I did start a bit late because I wasn't expecting it. :p
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you @Southern (US1) I will use your chart that you have posted above to update the FHWE page with.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Southern (US1)   My maths says you need to run at 14pps for the entire 72 hours to get the GML  :¬(
    @Southern (US1)   My maths says you need to run at 14pps for the entire 72 hours to get the GML  :¬(
    Could be. All depends on how long the actual event runs for. I've never really timed it to be honest. I know it's 3+ days, but in actual HOURS I don't know.. 80? 82? 90?
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    In my opinion there are either changes made to the FHWE numbers for herring or there was bug. My first load of 107 herring gave me a running time of 4 hours at lvl 8. That should have been 15.75 hours + 5.4 hours.
    Additional herring did give the expected lvl change and time change.

Another thought that occured to me.....starting with herring may seem easier, but since oyster, clam and shrimp are still part of the FHWE (without changing the amounts needed) it is just a fake solution....you still need the same amounts of them, only somewhat later during the event. So if you do not want to skip for gold or come to a standstill, you still need to save up boats full of oyster/clam/shrimp. 
    The only real solution would be to reduce the numbers needed for the levels and/or increase the numbers in the pools. And more diversification of pools so all fish are available.

So thanks for nothing.
  • Once you reach the 10 point bracket, there is a huge difference between the number of seconds you get for each fish that you add, depending on the pool they are from, for example you get 108,000 secs per fish for Herring/Tuna, but only 1,440 secs per fish for Swordfish/Salmon/Cod (3,456 secs for Lobsters & 72,000 secs for the other 3 Shellfish) So, while it is true that your time will drop when you move from the top of the 9 point bracket to the bottom of the 10 point bracket, it is still much easier to add more time at 10 points, for Herring/Tuna or Oysters/Clams/Shrimps.
    In German (as in Dutch), the comma is used in stead of a decimal point in English, so these numbers should be read as 108.0 secs for  Herring/Tuna, 1.44 secs for Swordfish/Salmon/Cod, etc. As far as I can tell, these numbers are then 100% accurate.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 13.08.2019
    I didn't drop from 9 hours to 8 hours on that herring when I moved to level 10, as it says on that chart.
    I dropped from 9 hours to 6 minutes.
    I must be misunderstanding something.
    Why the heck would anybody ever go up to level 10 when they get penalized for it?
  • What is going on on INT1 FHWE? 
    The event just started few minutes ago and yet some 20 players have millions and millions points already while the rest have just a few thousands.

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    What is going on on INT1 FHWE? 
    The event just started few minutes ago and yet some 20 players have millions and millions points already while the rest have just a few thousands.

Same in GB one. Lots of people with millions already. I just harvested couple of boats and told me that I got up to reward 49? I think it might have started counting from my score last time (I got 49 rewards).
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Wew u are good
  • Yep same here,pretty soul destroying
  • Eternia (INT1)Eternia (INT1) INT1 Posts: 9
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    One of the members of my cooperative is complaining about not being able to start the FHW
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Its working properly here.
    No issue on my account.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Its working fine for me as well i am over 3 mill right now worked so hard jitu
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    it is only on int server. Nl server is running normal. I guess it is compensation for the problems last C-C. To keep the players to busy and happy so they forget complaining. And when it is a bug and they will start allover again then my idea is that there will be lots of inactive accounts on the INT server
  • Thippy (GB1)Thippy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1
    WT.... bug ???
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    I am also struggling to keep up, I am just dropping down the rankings as my funnel is not broken. Please can someone break mine too lol
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    should i write to support again so i can have 5M points like some others at the start of FHWE?
    maybe i can ask to support to give all the personal rewards from FHWE, looking that some have enough points to collect all the rewards without even starting FHWE?
  • I was hoping for a Gold medal with FHWE NO CHANCE!!!  The 2 leaders in my league started fhwe with millions of points. Hope GGS are going to compensate the rest of us who haven't got this glitch. How about a Gold Medal for ALL PLAYERS  whose fhwe is working properly!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 24.08.2019

I have a problem with this fish - HWE as well

Before I started I had over 4 million points which very likely are the points I had at the end of last HWE, they have been carried over. Other people in my coop pointed me to it, a few have the same issue, others instead have a normal situation with their counter on 0 points

Unless GGS stops this event tonight some players will receive medals which they (we) should not receive if the event was running properly.

Please alert the Team  @WascallyWabbit @RowdyRac

• Come on,stop this event please,you messed it up last time too.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    Not sure a reset of the event would change anything they need to 'remove' data from last funnel. A couple of month ago we had a similar bug on HWE  ... some (including me) got a lot of points when the funnel started ... i didnt start my funnel at all except claiming the reward (10 sw i think it is) but several hours later there were still some players who got a lot of point when they started.
  • But will they do anything at all? It's the weekend.. They don't give a stuff.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    PCA (GB1) said:

I have a problem with this fish - HWE as well

Before I started I had over 4 million points which very likely are the points I had at the end of last HWE, they have been carried over. Other people in my coop pointed me to it, a few have the same issue, others instead have a normal situation with their counter on 0 points

Unless GGS stops this event tonight some players will receive medals which they (we) should not receive if the event was running properly.

Please alert the Team  @WascallyWabbit @RowdyRac

Hi PCA, don't login in your farm for next 2 days, if someone complaints about you, then you will get banned. Don't take advantage of those bug's.

It's a joke only, don't take it seriously.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Hi PCA, don't login in your farm for next 2 days, if someone complaints about you, then you will get banned. Don't take advantage of those bug's.

It's a joke only, don't take it seriously.

LOL  for a moment I asked myself if my best option is to run away  :)  

• 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    please guys dont complain is all ok. our good programers are having e well deserved weekend after working a full week being busy thinking to give us new exciting bugs. FHWE bug is only one of their gifts for us to celebrate the 10th aniversary of GGS. just enjoy it. new and more exciting bugs are on their way for our fun
Sign In to comment.