Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Farmers League

Comments

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    @Exxy (INT1)

Hello :)

I haven't played the FL yet, nor playing this current one as I am travelling next week for a month or more.

I do have some understanding of FL. But could you be kind enough to explain more about the 1 gold 42.bronze and 33 gold and no other medal example please.

This is interesting.

Thank you
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Whatever little I understood about FL.

I feel there should be 2 groups at least in FL.

Under 250 level
    Above 250 level

One of my co-op member, level 58 is in my league.
    I am level 961. She is a non gold buyer.
    She is trying so hard to score more HWE points.
    It feels unfair that both of us are in the same league.

So I just quit playing this current HWE. 

Hopefully GGS will do something about FL matchmaking.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well 1 Gold and 41 bronze = 35850 points

and 33 Gold medals and 9 wood medals = 33900 points

Titles are all divided into 2000 points

I refined the example, to include someone who would have gotten medals in every round

To sum it up, Avoiding horrible performance is more important, than winning gold medals, in my perspective

Of course, if ur aiming at a top 10 ranking ( thats another world ) and its probably not even for me :)

my objective is top 20 ( which is realistic ) :D

• BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    edited 21.08.2019
    Really nice example @Exxy (INT1)   :)

Screenshot from crazybigfarm:  https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/events/farmers_league/division_ranking.htm

1 gold + 42 bronze = 1000 + 42*850 = 36.700
    33 gold                   = 33*1000           = 33.000   (edit: .... edit:  error-code 40  ;)   )

edited 21.08.2019
    Little mistake Blue

The 33 gold would get 1 less title =o

But yes, i used the Medal points from Crazy Big Farm :))

I finetuned my example, with both players getting 42 medals, in the post above :D

edited 21.08.2019

lol ;-) ... so many edit's ... gonna stop now before it doesnt make any sense
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I don't really care about the medals, but a person in my co-op who made less than 1/3 of the points I did on the CC (and has a lower gardener level) got enough diamonds to buy a second apartment house.
    I have one apartment and only 1,000 diamonds.
    -
    I do NOT understand the scoring.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 21.08.2019
    @GrammaLeah (US1) They could of purchased the season pass.
  • Yes, I think Sharon is right - the season pass does give additional diamonds - and quite a few too.  (eg for reaching orchardist I got an additional 700 diamonds (the same as the initial reward for reaching that level) as I have the season pass)  

It doesn't boost your medal total, or help with any of the events - it just adds extra rewards/prizes for reaching titles and being whatever title at the end of each of the events.

Whether its worth the outlay is another subject entirely, and will depend from player to player I guess.  I make no bones about it - I bought it, for me its worth it as I dont want to use seaweed, just to get a higher position etc that I could save for other events (my preference is for team events and not individual ones - but again we are all different), but I do want the diamonds (like you am not fussed on the colour of medals) as I really need some more space on my farms.  For those that have spare space then its probably not worth it as the other rewards are not fantastic.  
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    New problem with the FL :(   No metals were awarded or those that where, have been removed. I've had a few reports from members about this. I've suggested they contact support to report the trouble & wanted to  let other farmers know about it. :(
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 22.08.2019
    Well i purchased the season pass even though im dead against it but i really wanted to test it out for myself, I doNOT think it is worth purchasing imo, i pay 24k gold for the pass but for it to be worth having i have to make sure i come in the first 3 and work like hell to benefit, so buy season pass +work like hell to win what you have paid for, do not make sense !!  it as to be a joke.
    Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
    No, he didn't purchase the pass.
    (He's my hubby, so I know.)  : )
    -
    I'm up against people with drastically higher farms and XP. Not quite sure why.
    My rank is 2,124, the lowest of the others is 192.
    Sorry if I'm being a pain - I am confused and trying to figure this stuff out.
    @GrammaLeah (US1)   unless you're in same division you cannt compare the points you're are making in an FL-event.  Your points determine your division-rank and your season-rank is determined first by your title and then the number of gold/silver/ ..... -medals.

And only the first day ... when a new event starts .. is it possible to see what season-rank you got when last FL-event ended. Season-ranking change around midnight when medals has been distributed according to your division-rank. 

To find out how many diamond you should have after FL-CC-event you need to know when you got your tittles.

Example:  A player gets title Gardener during first FL-event (CHWE) and after second FL-event (CC) the titel is still gardener ... then this player would have earned 1000 diamonds.

If the player first earned their title as Gardener during FL-CC-event ... then this player would have 500 diamonds when CC ends.

You can find information about how many points a given medal correspond to and how many point is needed for a given title:   https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/events/farmers_league/farmers_league.htm

A game should not be so hard to figure out. My question is simple.
    -
    Why should someone who got a million more points in the CC than the second place finisher in the same co-op, have 5,900 less diamonds?
    No season pass was involved, gardener level is consistently higher, scores were higher in the entire event so far, yet total rewards for the higher scorer were FAR lower.
    -
    We're having a bit of a difficult time in real life just now and I see I'm being a bit testy, so I think I'll go be a penguin for a few days. Or a week.
    Have a nice time, all !
    GL

You are right about that its a bit complicated to figure out what is going on even though they have improved the information-lv a lot compared to other events. Using https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/  is always a big help.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 22.08.2019
    A game should not be so hard to figure out. My question is simple.
    -
    Why should someone who got a million more points in the CC than the second place finisher in the same co-op, have 5,900 less diamonds?
    No season pass was involved, gardener level is consistently higher, scores were higher in the entire event so far, yet total rewards for the higher scorer were FAR lower.
    -
    We're having a bit of a difficult time in real life just now and I see I'm being a bit testy, so I think I'll go be a penguin for a few days. Or a week.
    Have a nice time, all !
    GL

How many points someone gets in the CC, HWE, or Village Fair is irrelevant (when compared to others in your co-op).  The only thing that matters for diamonds is how well you do against the other 8 people in your Village League Division.  The more Gold/Silver/Bronze medals you receive, the faster you receive titles, and with higher titles comes higher diamond amounts.

You also don't say how many of those 5,900 diamonds may have come from the 1st Village League, where *everyone* received the Season Pass for free, and thus, received a lot more diamonds than we're getting this time around without having bought the season pass. I know during the 1st Village League last month, I received around 12,000 diamonds, and I wasn't even here (on vacation) for around half of it.
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • what i read about this competition was players were to be matched with other players at the same skill level. i don't see what is fair about be matched with level 200s and 300s, when my level is only at 140.
     this put me at a great disadvantage.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    By "skill level" they mean number of medals......primarily gold. In the first few FL events the matching is more level related but as players build their medal counts it becomes more about season rankings and gold medal counts. In my current grouping all players ranking top 5 in end of season rewards (including myself) are competing with each other. There is a flaw in the system of course because a level 50 player can be in a weak group in the first few events earning 8 gold then find themselves put into a group with level 200's + in events following because of their gold medal count.

In theory it should all even out from days 32-42 of Farmers League but you never know with GGS. It also comes down to strengths......some players have farm setups that suit certain events and while a lower leveller can compete in say a CC, this same low level player will struggle in a Village Fair because it is more suited to a high level player with high amounts of production facilities. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We can speculate all we want, but what we need is for Big Farm management to show up and tell us how they group us. Back in the day, a CM would drag someone kicking and screaming to the Forum to explain how they came up with such and such. Just show us and tell us, already!
  • I myself would not care about how the groups were done if gold medal was not required for season rewards.  I will have 8 gold medals soon but still say this is wrong.  season pass should be bought with choice of gold or farm $$ like so many other things in the game, eg land, building upgrades, a lot of deco.
    You're right @artful (US1)  ... all we need to know is what is the definition for 'skill-level' and 'matchmaking-mechanism'.   ... to me it look like @gizmo22 (AU1) are pretty close to the answer.

tx for the picture ;-)  ...   a rabbit and a racoon dragging a technician there are glued to a chair down to forum 
  • sally2016 (GB1)sally2016 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    I agree. skill definition should be made clear.  After reading the posts, many say your division is made up of players with similar levels, however if lucky to win gold medal you go up against higher levels.  I am level 267, I have not won a gold medal, yet I am constantly being put in groups with at least 4 players who are level 400+ and have gold medals.  Before anyone says anything about the season pass. to be honest I can think of a better way of spending £15. (the cost to buy 25k gold without the offers).
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 23.08.2019
    We can speculate all we want, but what we need is for Big Farm management to show up and tell us how they group us. Back in the day, a CM would drag someone kicking and screaming to the Forum to explain how they came up with such and such. Just show us and tell us, already!

As you know @artful (US1)  GGS doesnt reveal the mechanics of the game, not because they want to keep this a secret from us, but because they have to be aware of the competition

I fear there is no perfect way of matching players. The solution for me is simple: play the events as I always do and forget about the Farmers league 

I have adopted the same strategy with WWC when it became continuous. While earlier I was taking the chance when WWC arrived to do more and better, now I dont even open the event to check on anything, coins arrive as I farm, if I farm more I will receive more, if not I receive less, it's all fine to me

• #justiceforTMKC :|:|:|:|:|
  • #justiceforTMKC :|:|:|:|:|
    eth myran ada abuse adiche 
    ninak ada ith kopaaa
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    what i read about this competition was players were to be matched with other players at the same skill level. i don't see what is fair about be matched with level 200s and 300s, when my level is only at 140.
     this put me at a great disadvantage.

You are doing really well for being a level 140 in the Division you are in.
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    edited 01.09.2019
    So is the Farmers League going to consist of 3  "George"  events,  a Village Fair  and  way too many  Co-op champ events ??

[Inappropriate comment removed | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    Level doesnt mean that much

Of course a level 50 vs a level 300 maybe

But, in the end, its just a level :)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Exxy, I have no understanding where you are coming from in your thoughts.  Lower levels have far less ability on their farms to produce products.  Some products they can't produce at all, which means as a low level player up against a much higher level player than themselves it is an automatic handicap.  I think you need to take a step back and stop telling players their levels don't matter because it is most obvious it does matter.  Suzy!
  • Bob48 (GB1)Bob48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 19
    Its just dull and repetitive. in fact the whole game is getting boring with the same events, themed events and so on.
    Not sure how much longer i can continue "yawn emoji"
Sign In to comment.