Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 1st - Discover the newly revamped Island Farm & More - Discussion

Comments

• holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    @selena m. (US1) the mobile harvest game is NOT Big Farm. Different game entirely
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 17.08.2019
    I do apologize @WascallyWabbit  for not getting back to you sooner.  (Don't know how to change your name to green like everyone else does).  I do now though thanks to @micky mouse (INT1) & @Uncle John (GB1)

When I started clearing the land on the temp farm there was nothing being upgraded or being demolished on mf, gf or ff.  For some unknown reason the universal construction slot was used first, not the temp farm slot.  It was probably a glitch at the time as I don't have any problems with it now.  :)  

Thanks for your reply.

Post edited by Ozzie (AU1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Ozzie (AU1)
    Type an @ before you start typing the name. A dropdown appears with the name. Saves typing too  :¬)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    If you cut the time and output on the bananas.....then you need to cut the fertilizer required.  Now I have to have the same fertilizer, but more often, to get a similar amount of bananas.

I assume this is just a mathematical oversight.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

What do you mean? Banana Orchards haven't been changed.  Level 4 still produces 1,125 in 11 hours, just like it always has.

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    they also added another level of fish books at some point i just noticed it the other day
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 15.08.2019
    The banana orchard did change, as a matter of fact someone else sent me an e-mail that I had to update my page. Here is an image of the level 4 banana before the changes.

edit to add this
    I had these images on hand from the last time I gave my Tropical farm page a face life so it wasn't that long ago.
    The banana orchard did change, as a matter of fact someone else sent me an e-mail that I had to update my page. Here is an image of the level 4 banana before the changes.

edit to add this
    I had these images on hand from the last time I gave my Tropical farm page a face life so it wasn't that long ago.
    Well then, I stand corrected. My apologies, Gavin. :)

Not cool, GGS. 125 Fewer bananas for the same amount of fertilizer is a sizeable nerf.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I've read through lots of pages on this thread but can't find any comment on this issue.  On the Island I have a side task titled "A healthy Trim" that asks me to have 2 level 3 mango orchards.   I have 2 level 4 orchards but have not cleared the task.  Is this a known glitch?
    I have the same problem. The text says 2 mango orchards of level 3 but the picture suggests something else. I have no space for a third mango.  So fix this!!

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 15.08.2019
    I think they got these mixed up, I just got to chapter 3 and I only required 2 level 3 mangoes.(I still only have 2 level 3 on my farm and completed task) but the earlier 1 you are showing requires 3 even tho description says 2.

@WascallyWabbit @RowdyRac
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    edited 15.08.2019

edit to add this
    The amount is less, but the running time is also less.  You get 90% of the former amount of banana and the time is reduced to 87%  of the former time. So overall a small improvement. 
    Plus the fact that you might harvest them twice a day with the reduced time.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    :)

• Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 15.08.2019
    @Kimmiecat (NL1)  said ---

The amount is less, but the running time is also less.; You get 90% of the former amount of banana and the time is reduced to 87% of the former time. So overall a small improvement.Plus the fact that you might harvest them twice a day with the reduced time
    ---

While your math may be correct to call it a slight improvement, the larger effect of the change is how it affects working on the task to harvest 5000 bananas - previously one could complete this with two runs of two level 4 banana orchards, now three runs of 2 orchards at least level 3 will be required.  

One used to be able to complete this task in 12hours40 minutes (by having a harvest ready and waiting), now the minimum time (with only 2 orchards) is 22 hours. - a 74% increase in time required.

edited 15.08.2019

edit to add this
    Well then, I stand corrected. My apologies, Gavin. :)

Not cool, GGS. 125 Fewer bananas for the same amount of fertilizer is a sizeable nerf.

Does GGS not participate in discussions anymore?  I almost never see them in here!!!!
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    No they seems to have lost the calender AND the log-in code to get on the forum and discuss with the players the fact that reballancing the game has,nt turned out that well for the players. And after a time they are out of excuses
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 19.08.2019
    It would have been really great and fun if ggs had made a farm like the tropical as a permanent farm ! After 6 years of playing this game it gets boring with planting and collecting the same old stuff, how good would it be to have different fruit trees and something like sheep etc, and all the stuff collected from them could be used to make items in the bakery and shop.
    Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    I really like that the outline mode is now available on the island farm!
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well, the banana orchard level 4 produce enough ( easily ) for tropic stars

:)
    hotfix...does anyone know why?

Why didn't GGS tell anyone?
  • hotfix...does anyone know why?

Why didn't GGS tell anyone?
    The new normal.

Didn't fix the Lester/subscription issue.

But I can see how many people in my coop have that subscription again.
    @Kimmiecat (NL1)  said ---

The amount is less, but the running time is also less.; You get 90% of the former amount of banana and the time is reduced to 87% of the former time. So overall a small improvement.Plus the fact that you might harvest them twice a day with the reduced time
    ---

While your math may be correct to call it a slight improvement, the larger effect of the change is how it affects working on the task to harvest 5000 bananas - previously one could complete this with two runs of two level 4 banana orchards, now three runs of 2 orchards at least level 3 will be required.  

One used to be able to complete this task in 12hours40 minutes (by having a harvest ready and waiting), now the minimum time (with only 2 orchards) is 22 hours. - a 74% increase in time required.

If you have Banana library book level 1, and you save the seaweed fertilizer that you earn, prior to the banana task, you can use one seaweed banana and three regular bananas to get the task done.  So this is not an issue.

The main problem is that you get less bananas per unit of fertilizer, which makes it harder overall.  
    .....so the Candy Farm is next......

Will it have been updates like the Island Farm?  Will the build slot be unlocked?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023

Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • On the HW, why are there no construction tokens for the extra build slot.  The new set of rewards for the HW is terrible.
    @gavinfarms (US1) Apparently it is to do with the new ability to change reward sets for events more easily, this is an example of that, so that sometimes it will be the set with the tokens & sometimes a different set. But, before you ask, no we do not know how many sets there are or how often they will change or if it will happen now for all events,  we find out when we see them like you do .... The mysteries of BF.  ;)

We have asked a CM to check with the balancer as to whether or not it was an oversight not to change the amount of fertilizer needed for the new banana numbers, will let you know if we hear anything. 
    Okay, but what about the Candy Farm?  WIll it be updated also?  Will its extra build slot be opened?
    Can anyone explain how many days it takes to advance from one title to the next in the FL?  I am not sure that i fully understand this.  The current title has taken longer than i would have thought.
    Can anyone explain how many days it takes to advance from one title to the next in the FL?  I am not sure that i fully understand this.  The current title has taken longer than i would have thought.
    Depends. Titles are seperated by point thresholds (I think it's around 2,000 points per title), and you get a differing amount of points each day you earn a medal.  A gold medal is worth 1,000 points, Silver is worth 950, etc.  So if you got a gold medal 2 days in a row (2,000 points), that should be enough to earn you a new title.

If, by contrast, you're only getting "Wood" medals (100 points each), it would take you up to a full 20 DAYS to get a new title.
    we find out when we see them like you do ....
    The mysteries of BF. will let you know if we hear anything

The mysteries of BF??? No mysterie at all. With removing the calender they removed all communications and call it communication changes. Yeah, right.....
  • shehara (IN1)shehara (IN1) IN1 Posts: 42
    Changed my opinion completely about this.. the new version is having a big disadvantage on the non-gold buying players since anyone can buy sw and win the top rank by skipping the juice bar with gold.. took a while to notice how everyone was scoring so much.. the only thing nice now is the 50L sea shells for top 1000..*sigh* 

Have a nice day.. <3 
Sign In to comment.