Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Upgrade Rewards

To motivate coop members to participate more in planting the edge crops and producing goods for the factory, etc. upgrades in the village, why not have rewards for those top 3 who make hall of fame for the contribution of goods to the upgrade. Something like seaweed feed or humus?  #1 = 100 feed / 10 humus,  #2 = 75 feed/ 5 humus, # 3 = 55 feed/ 2 humus.  When the construction is started, the reward is activated and sent to the players.  

Comments

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 21.08.2019
    I agree. The village is just a headache and trouble maker place, dividing the coop rather than uniting it (like some players negating to take part in donations because other players don't and it is a vicious circle). Too many people, too many opinions, and literally no incentives whatsoever for the people caring and developing the village.

One thing with respect to the upgrade donations though: the value of the items donated is not equivalent. Some people make it to the wall of fame just with nails, which are cheap and fast to produce, while others contribute with much more valuable items that are more expensive and take longer to produce. I think that should be taken into account somehow.

Also, they should change the incentives to the boat donations: right now repairing the boat is more expensive in value donated vs. friendship than donating foods, thus being really unfair to the people that repair the boat. Currently people don't want to donate materials to repair the boat, but only donate foods once that it has been repaired. It should be changed to the opposite and/or give extra stuff to those that help with boat reparations (the more they donate in repairs the more they get).

The pond is another headache in the coop. Some people do not want to donate (who blames them, they don't need the happiness, so why should they maintain the expensive fish?) and giving them an incentive might turn things around.

Edit: people in my coop usually ask me what is the point in the village and sincerely I cannot answer them, as I do not see a point at all currently: just a money pit. I used to take care of the village, but I passed the baton to someone else, because trying to encourage people to do something when you don't see anything worth while in doing that something, is very hard. The only reason I keep contributing is because others do and I don't want all that effort to go to waste, though I do the bare minimum to keep the village afloat. Waiting for GGS to develop it into something attractive.
    Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Some incentives to donate would be good but involving the wall of  fame would just cause more problems than it wouls solve. Only the biggest farms would get anything which would be a dis-incentive to most of the co-op. 
    Something as simple as getting back 50% of the value of the goods you donate would work and, if applied to the boat repairs too, might address that problem.
    As to the point of the Village, for me, it's the Jetty and the Meadow. The Jetty supplies me with enough fruit seeds to keep the Boat full which means I can spend shells/runes on seaweed products and buildings. The Meadow offers far faster horse training allowing me to earn gold in the tournaments.  
    (I don't know if any of the factory products actually sell for a profit, I suppose I shall have to do the math one day lol)
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    edited 21.08.2019
    Maria111 The task of the Coop Village is to let you produce things you will never use,beeing punished but dry or wet fields with a -50% harvest of borderplants. The so -called free gifts from that Yetty are not the FREE as it seems. Done the math and the outcome is Horrible. 1 rake at a average of +/- 275K Coop dollars. It is not free or even a friend to a friend price. And it will bring not realy harmony in the coop. The fixing of the yetty comes always or almost always on the shoulders of the same player.

Nuke it down and never get there again. Farm happy and Free,Play the game Coop-Village Free

a
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    To me it look like that @LilSuzyLuLu (US1) need support to build the village not destroy it.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    When wwc goes on, players make co-op village items, for wwc rewards

The co-op village needs to have more of a purpose
Sign In to comment.