Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

PAYMENTWALL

wannago (INT1)wannago (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
I don't know why GGS is using a Payment terminal that has the lowest trust scores. So many good players are being asked to provide copies of Drivers Licenses and front and back of your credit card before you can buy gold. Any bank in the world will tell you this is unethical. Many banks say that PAYMENTWALL is untrustworthy and that no payment terminal should ask for this information. This website says it all: https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/paymentwall.com .

Please GGS go back to a reliable payment terminal. I don't want to lose friends I have made through your game because of this. We love this game so much and want to be able to keep buying gold.

Cheers, Wanna :)
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    It hasn´t changed for me. Not asked for i.e drivers license.

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    It did ask for driving license details from a player in my coop around few months back.

Since then, that player hasn't been able to purchase any gold.

This is GGS loss I think.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 26.06.2019
    I did some googling to learn more about PaymentWall and what I found wasn't good.  :(  There were tons of complaints about it. If I were a player buying gold or a subscription, I would avoid PaymentWall like the plague.  ;)
    I find that weird and suggest that you tell him/her to contact Support about it. None of us others here can help you.

Tbh I haven´t ever heard any here say they had to give i.e driver lisence details.

Support will help although it could take a few days to get their attention.

Cheers :smile:
    Oh my, farmerjohn 22 (US1) and I posted at the same time. If I had read his comment first then I would ofc thought twice about the subject. hmmm does not sound good no, no.

I buy gold occasionally, but have never been asked for driver license aso details. I do not have a subscription so have no idea of what is asked for when purchasing that. 

• Lancelot (INT1)Lancelot (INT1) INT1 Posts: 5
    I have issues with paymentwall and they won't let me buy gold now.
    I bought gold for years with no problem and was doing the monthly subscription.

My bank advised me to open a PayPal account and only go thru PayPal to buy gold because they said the site that collects your money (PaymentWall)  wasn't to be trusted.
    The bank had started blocking any and all transactions that PaymentWall tried to do; not just from my account,but from any member of the bank that was using PaymentWall as a means to collect money.

I followed my banks advice and opened PayPal and got a credit card.
    PaymentWall wouldn't accept my credit card thru PayPal.

I sent them an email asking why they wouldn't accept the new card and they told me they would when I sent them a copy of my drivers license or passport and a copy of my credit card,front and back.
    My bank and PayPal both advised me not to send this to PaymentWall and PayPal advised me to tell PaymentWall to contact them and they (PayPal) would verify I was who I said I was.

PaymentWall ignored this and again asked for my personal information.
    I told them again I would not give them a copy of my personal information nor my credit card.

I contacted GGS Support and they told me it was PaymentWalls decision; they said there was nothing they could do until I met PaymentWalls demands.

I don't get the option of buying gold now.
    I get a stop window as soon as I click to buy.

Needless to say; I'm not a happy farmer

Why on earth did GGS choose PaymentWall - didn´t they check that service out? heh was the cheapest for them? Are they running that payment service.... Guess this was the last straw, we can´t excuse them anymore. I am totally shocked.

No wonder you are not a happy farmer Lancelot (INT1)! 

My card is blocked by Payment wall when buying subscription ......

I use Paypal to buy subscription now ... and Paypal charges me 6 % more fees ... per transaction.

• GGS is cutting their throat.  They'll lose members over this.  No way will I buy gold if I must give my driver's license.  The people running GGS are out of touch with the times.  Boo GGS for thinking we're so gullible we'll do whatever you want.  
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I have been using pay pal to purchase and to pay for my subscription and have not had a problem.  I did just cancell my subscription due the the debacle with the event calendar so we will see how that shakes out if and when I decide to resubscribe.
  • Dolphin (AU1)Dolphin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 117
    That seems to be extremely suspicious. I pay alot of things using my card and I never have to give anyone a copy.
    If you did give them a copy of all that information it means that they have the ability to use all of your details.

GGS really does need to fix this up.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 20.08.2019
    WTF.  I have never used paymentwall and never will. I ONLY use Paypal.  Today I received this email.

Please someone explain @WascallyWabbit @RowdyRac SCAM?? From what I have heard about paymentwall probably yes!! Are our suspicions correct that only reason GGS allows paymentwall is it also owns it.  Why are our renewal reminders coming from Paymentwall a organisation with poor reputation?  This email is nearly enough for me to be worried enough to cancel subs

edited 20.08.2019
    You bought a Convenience subscription. 
    You made the payment using PayPal or your card 

Paymentwall handles the subscriptions, all 3.

You will receive this email every month reminding you that your money is about to be deducted from your PayPal or your card

Don't worry, there is no problem.
    edited 20.08.2019
    Yeah but huge worry that a scam company like Paymentwall is assoc with GGS.   @TMKC (IN1)  A company that tries to get private details from people
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Yeah but huge worry that a scam company like Paymentwall is assoc with GGS.   @TMKC (IN1)  A company that tries to get private details from people
    What makes you think GGS/Stillfront owns Paymentwall? (They don't).
    edited 20.08.2019
    Then why are they using a company for their invoicing that has very bad reputation, go online a see how many people don't trust them, banks advise to stay away from.  https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/paymentwall.com

• I do agree @Byron Longford (AU1) I find that concerning.  I use Paypal as I trust them, and thought my data was safe.  Knowing GGS process that payment using paymentwall is making me wonder just how safe.  If the banks are saying stay away it cant be good can it.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Is Paymentwall also used to process credit card gold purchases?  
    @artful (US1)

No, Paymentwall is being used for only subscriptions. 
    Gold Purchase and Subscription purchase are safe in Big Farm.

@TMKC (IN1)  Thanks!
  • wannago (INT1)wannago (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    Hi,

Paymentwall processes all credit card, paypal and any other payment options that you purchase through this game. I started a thread a few months ago called - Paymentwall Scam?. If you take a look, you will see the problems that exist with Paymentwall. I can't believe that GGS is still with a company that has such a bad reputation. I, personally have had no problems with them but a member of my coop has and cannot purchase anything subscription, gold, etc now without giving the back and front of the credit card and  the back and front of the Driver's License, which is a big no no.

I get the same email you do every month and have had no problem with them. But some of the banks in the U.S. are not allowing any Paymentwall purchases with any of their customers. They are declining any purchases being made through Paymentwall.

Just wanted to let people know what is happening with this and then you can make up your own minds.

Cheers, Wanna :)

Paymentwall asked for my credit card front and back pics ... but they asked me to cover up the middle digits of my car and the CVC number too ....

They wanted to see, if the name on the card is mine ...
    Then , they asked for a Government issued card like driver's license or any other which shows that the name on it is the same like my card name.

And later they asked for some proof of my bank account showing the same name ( my name ) which has issued the card to me.

Overall, they specefically asked me to cover the digits of my card ...
    There isnt any way they can enter my card details to buy something.
    But yes, i was a bit not happy with my govt. issued card details sharing with them.

All in all, i would say .... Paymentwall is safe ... But still .... I have asked my bank to change my card as i told them my card is broken.

So, my money is definately safe ... but my identity details are there with paymentwall .... This is the part im not happy with ....

edited 20.08.2019
    Now, This is my advise to anyone who is purchasing the subscriptions ....

Do not buy subscriptions using a card ...
    Choose the option of Paypal ...

When choosing Paypal, Paymentwall never starts this process of identification in the first place.
    If you use your card, there is a possibility Paymentwall may block your purchase and ask you details.

As long as you keep using Paypal, You are completely fine.

Also, with purchase of Gold, you can use anything you want, as Paymentwall is not involved with gold purchases.
    Okay, so now one says PW processes all purchases, and one says not credit card purchases for gold. So which is it?  Mods/CMs, could one of you go to billing and provide us with the answer?  This is important information to know when considering whether to make a purchase. Thanks!
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    edited 17.11.2019
    (Sorry this is so long, but my issues have been going on forever - in every possible direction!!)

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I have been trying to buy a new subscription for almost two weeks now and PayPal does NOT work for me. No matter what I do, the payment does not complete. I am very close to quitting this game, due to the aggravation alone. I have filled out several tickets with GGS, but I am not getting anywhere and I have no idea what to do. 

First off - I am in the US and my bank blocks overseas purchases unless I call ahead of time - which I would also have to do for a sub. (like I am going to remember to call every single month before the payment is about to come out! LOL) I normally use gift cards to buy gold, which is VERY inconvenient and has actually caused me to lose money (cards purchased for the game were no longer on the list when I got home from the store). However, as many of you know, gift cards are not an option for subs. You can only use a credit card or PayPal. A credit card is not an option for me.

GGS, and several teammates suggested I use PayPal and link my bank to them. I was locked out of my old account because I couldn't remember any of the info, so I created an new one ONLY for the purpose of buying a sub. I was assured by both PayPal and my bank that this would work, but when I tried - nope! All I keep getting is "transaction did not complete". This also doesn't work for gold purchases!!!

After more phone calls to the bank, PayPal, and a ticket with GGS, I was told by PayPal that GGS declined my purchase due to the payment method. GGS says no we didn't and refers me to Paymentwall. I have gone back and forth in emails with them providing numerous screen shots all with personal info! (full name and address, the whole shot!) They can't figure out what the problem is either, but they are fairly certain it's on PayPal's end, not them or GGS. 

For the millionth time I go back to PayPal and try to find something that will tell me what the heck is going on, and I find a section that says "we will not use your bank for blah blah blah.." One of the things on the list is subscriptions. 

I guess what I am asking here is HOW in the WORLD are people getting this to work when using PayPal? They are NOT using my bank, despite it being linked by routing and account numbers. The only reason I can think of is that little section I quoted above. They will ONLY use the card, and are absolutely no help whatsoever when I call them.

If this has happened to anyone else here, what did you do to resolve the problem? Please help!!
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    @artful (US1)

No, Paymentwall is being used for only subscriptions. 
    Gold Purchase and Subscription purchase are safe in Big Farm.

Okay!! Well I have a subscription which I want to cancel.. I have not been able to figure out how to do it via Paymentwall link in Email.. Please explain
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    All good. Found the right link & have cancelled sub
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    All good. Found the right link & have cancelled sub
    Great to hear that you have found the way to do it,  o:)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file