Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    LOL, it sure did... I couldn't click on the "like" button, kept telling me I needed to enable Java which it was!!! glad the forum is over its indigestion! :)
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @WascallyWabbit

Whatever happened about the glitch in "You do not have permission to post in this category"?
    This is still happening. Sometimes you can post a new discussion & other times you can't.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @WascallyWabbit

Whatever happened about the glitch in "You do not have permission to post in this category"?
    This is still happening. Sometimes you can post a new discussion & other times you can't.
    I've had to refresh now and then -- that usually clears it up.
    edited 30.06.2019
    Whatever - Test Failed - You do not have permission to post in this category still stuffed up
    @artful (US1)
    @WascallyWabbit
    @all mods

Thanks for that but no go. It is in a private forum group and when you click on "new discussion" you don't get the option to put it in a category but when you go to post it, it comes up with that message.

I have tried just refreshing the page, clearing all cache, rebooting the PC, and having other members with full permissions attempt it, but alas, no go. I have also tried again with the saved draft, but that only puts it into general circulation, not private.

Has anyone got a solution????
  • chidzu (INT1)chidzu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 112
    You can post articles to New Announcement.
    Click the gear in the upper right of the article and select Announce.

Check Don'tAnnounce on screen "Announce" and push OK.

Your article moves to Discussions area.

Will this help you?

@chidzu (INT1)

Yep, that is a good "work-a-round", sadly until the problem is solved, I will need to do it with every discussion.

Thanks kindly for your input
  • @chidzu (INT1) Thank you for that workaround - Players complain how slow GGS are at fixing things, but they are fast compared to Vanilla lol I have given you a badge for your helpful tip.

@Ladyoz (US1) If you are also still having this problem, hopefully it will help you too. :)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I am not sure but when I tried to log into the Forums pages just a few minutes ago, I got a Error Message saying > 502 Bad Gateway ( cloud fare ) , I tried to log into the Forums through My Big Farm game like 5 times with no luck, I then logged out of My game and tried to log into the Forums through the Browser and it still did the same thing, so I went to Support and was going to file a Report bout it, then while I was typing My page came up, so I did not finish My report to support cause the Forums page came back out of nowhere, which I think is very odd, So I will ask is this some kind of Bug or no?
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Probably just a server reboot...

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Just a Vanilla hiccup :(
    All good now.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Ah ok thank you both for letting Me know, much appreciated, :)
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    edited 18.08.2019
    Something wrong with timer on thread....

and when i open thread:

and now there are a new comment but you cannt see it:

or at least i cannt see it.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • @BlueZilver (GB1) It is just the way this forum  deals with threads that get merged together or posts that get merged into an existing thread. It usually shows the name & time for the post that was merged in, even if its not the last post on the thread, it is the "newest" post on that thread & whether or not it shows you that there is an unread post there, will depend on if you had already read that post before it was merged. - We love Vanilla! lol :/
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    lol ;-)  ... ty
  • @BlueZilver (GB1) If that orange bar is still on the Farmers League thread for you, opening page 12 should get rid of it.

PS. I am going to merge this thread into the one for questions about the forum, just in case you see more strangeness :)
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 19.08.2019
    Science3246 said:
    Every time I try logging in to the forum it says I have to verify my email and sometimes won't let me, but I have already verified my email so why is it doing that, is it a glitch, how do I fix it?

@Science3246 There does appear to be something wrong with your forum account, as it is missing the server tag from your username. Try this:
    • Restart your browser.
    • Login to your farm & go to the email verification setting:

• If your email is not verified, fill it in & click the button.
    • If it is already verified with your valid email address, close settings & click on the forum button.
    • When you login now, does your name say Science3246 (US1)?

@WascallyWabbit

Hate to bring up ancient matters, but no, no, no. Still not working for other people. It is sad to say, but it is much like all the other bugs with GGS/Vanilla. People complain but nothing ever gets fixed. This is all supposed to be about security, the number one priority of the whole game but here we are almost 2 years after the introduction of email verification and nothing has been done??????

---------------------------------------------------------------

Announcement - Info about the latest Forum update

Hey guys,

Due to recent security updates in our forum software, we want to inform you about the following changes:

From now on, you will need a verified in-game email to participate in our forums. You can still read the forums without a game account, but if you want to be active and post, a confirmed email to your game account is required!

In short, if you have received emails from us in the past, either game or forum related, your registered email is properly verified and the forum will be fully available to you.

All the Best,
    Your Community Team

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, these people have received the message of confirmed email and are getting regular emails saying how much we miss you and here's a reward to come back again.

The only "satisfactory" solution to this is to tell people to start a brand new game on a different server and try again. If that works, then at least they have a way to login into the forum. Hardly satisfactory at all.

Yes, we know and understand the moderators are not to blame; however, you are our only real conduit to GGS/Vanilla to get things fixed. Complaints submitted through the game support never get fixed.
  • @5-10 Man (AU1) You are correct, it has been going on since the start for some people (I still have your one as an open, unexplained case) but in addition to that, we do sometimes get the unverified error, for people who usually have no problem logging in & also, as with Science3246, we have a few accounts not connecting to their server tags. For some its an error that comes & goes, so hopefully those ones we can fix, the ones that need Vanilla to help, are much trickier, it does not appear that even they know what the problem is there. :/
    @WascallyWabbit

Thank you.... very much appreciated.
  • ava3246 (US1)ava3246 (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    My quote button is not working, is there something wrong or a glitch?
  • My quote button is not working, is there something wrong or a glitch?
    @ava3246 (US1)  The quote button and the preview button have both been reported to Vanilla, hopefully we will have them fixed soon. :)

So if I do not have the server tag then does that mean I am not eligible for the contest prizes?
    @Science3246 That should not be a problem, the CMs just need to know what server you are on & they can credit any prizes if you win - You are on US1 right? 

The missing tag is just an indication that something has not connected correctly between your farm & the forum, so it is less surprising that you experienced some difficulties with the login.  I see that it is still not showing, I will see if one of the CMs can get it to work.
  • ava3246 (US1)ava3246 (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    Okay Thank you so much for clearing that up for me!
  • its 12:35 pm on Friday, September 6th, 2019 and I cannot log on to forum with my email and password.  I sent a verification and it was received but I still cannot get into it...thanks in advance for your help
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    its 12:35 pm on Friday, September 6th, 2019 and I cannot log on to forum with my email and password.  I sent a verification and it was received but I still cannot get into it...thanks in advance for your help
    Well looks like you made it in :)
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I will like to promote my co-op in my signature. How to set one up?
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    edited 19.09.2019
    I found out how to set up a signature.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    I can not find the versatile fruit grove on my farm !!!   I got 2nd place and it was one of the rewards..  Can you tell me where to look ?   I have looked every whre and can not find it 

Thanks Kennetha
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    I can not find the versatile fruit grove on my farm !!!   I got 2nd place and it was one of the rewards..  Can you tell me where to look ?   I have looked every whre and can not find it 

Thanks Kennetha
    it should be in GF at themed building inventory
  • beanrags (US1)beanrags (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    how about changing the posting to newest post first  instead of old one first  had to go to last page to find out george is missing today
Sign In to comment.