Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Farmers League

Comments

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Good thing is there are only 9 players .... and not more.
    Over 42 days, getting at least 1 gold medal should be easy.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    There is good chances, that this level 21 , Won 4 gold medals in the first event which was CHWE

So yes, If he won 4 gold medals, He will get a much tougher matchup the round after

Thats how it works, You do good results, you get harder matchup

You do bad results, u should get an advantageous matchup

So in the end, All the match up leans toward balance , fairness and the middle

Of course, there will be always elements that happens once in a while , that appears unfair or anything , but if you calculate everything, its far from being BAD

PS: I dont work for GG :)
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    ;-) ... since all players active and passive  are divided into divisions ... we do have divisions with fewer than 9 active players ... so what happen when the active players finds out that it might be a good idea to do absolutely nothing ... do we then have a hole division who all gets gold medals ???
  • I am still nut changing my stance.  Putting lower levels in with those several hundred levels higher is just wrong, plain and simple.  There is no way that player could have done that well in the CHWE to find themselves against someone 700+ levels higher (who is a very active player by the way)  The lower level shouldn't be with someone 100 levels higher, let alone 700!  Thats like taking your under 11's village league football team, asking them to play against an adult premier league team and win!  

By making the divisions level based, everyone would stand a good chance of getting a gold medals/diamonds with a bit of hard work. 
    There's many low levels that are already at 7 of 7 gold medals so far
    edited 19.08.2019
    Give me a minute, I'll do a spread sheet of everyone, that still have 7 gold medals so far

Lets see how it is :)

As it stands 18 players out of 32 ( with 7 gold medals ) are level under 100

Its more than Half, that are there, So i have trouble accepting your theory that claims lower levels are THAT much at disadvantage
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    There's many low levels that are already at 7 of 7 gold medals so far
    Which is irrelevant, as you have no idea who they were paired up against to get those 7 gold medals. Probably people close to their own level.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I have no illusion that I will get a gold medal at all. I have accepted that.
    I do quite well in the normal course of events, but keep getting put up against members of the top co-ops in the Farmers League.
    Oh well, it would have been nice.

First event in FL you are in division with players of same lv or close to same lv ... the following events you're in division with players with same Season Rank or close to same rank (just look at the Season Ranking before the next event starts)  ... sometime you also have players who didnt participate in the event.

And on our server there are plenty of 'low-lv' players with rank 1  (7 gold medals).

The only reason why you need to get a gold medal is because you need 1 so you can get the Season End Reward ... that problem could easily be solve by removing the gold-medal-restriction.

You dont need gold medals to get Title Promotion Rewards or Leaque End Rewards   ... 'just' collecting enough points to get a title:

https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/events/farmers_league/title_overview.htm

And it seems to me there are more high-lv who are expressing concern about low-lv's ability to get gold medals than low-lv's players.

So maybe its an idea that high-lv played to win the first 2 events ... this way you have your 'lv-divsion' in no time.
    We'll see Blue

But i'm fairly confident, nearly everyone have at least 1 gold at the end of this FL

Maybe there's even a no-gold yet component in the division making

• Yes, the lower level player did win gold medals during the CHWE - that I accept.

But, I stand by my original point - no player can possibly be "of similar skill level" (GGS own words) as a player over 700 levels higher than them.  At level 21 you only have one farm, so no ducks, donkeys etc. and to put them into a division with players that have all farms and likely level 9 large ducks, themed cows, lots more resources etc is quite simply wrong.  There are lots of other lower levels players with gold medals - why not put them together to give them more of a chance than sticking them in with higher levels?  Same with all the level 100's, 200's etc  Medal count first (if you must) yes, then player level, and avoid players from the same co-op too (I know thats not always going to be possible) - surely that has to be fairer than it is currently.

I would really like that someone would tell what they mean when they use the word 'fair'  ... on our server there are several lv 300+ who will be in trouble if they only have to play against people with the same lv even some lv 500+ would be in trouble.

Lv doesnt mean much ... and yes some are lv 21 ... but for how long ???  The way the game works prevent players from staying lv 21 for more than a few hours.

And i have seen several 'low-lv's'  with a lot of large ducks and cows, and theme cows  ... so 'low-lv' how low is that ??

So now we're back to: divide players into groups depending on how much gold/sw/booster they use.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    edited 19.08.2019
    Since we are not able to quote anymore i write a part of a msg from above.

There are good chanches that level 21 has won 4 gold medals in previous event.The CHWE. 

So yes he or she will be matched up with higher levels.The better you preform the harder the contenders will be. Etc Etc.

I wonder how many players with a level above 750 are there,so how can you make it harder for that lower level player when it is mission impossible already. Unless you are spending ton,s of gold. But those who spend ton,s of gold are not complaining here. 
    It is the ordanairy daily player who maybe buy a bit gold every blue monday is in big disadvantagee,but a system what is not working well.

As i mentioned it before. GGS could have a nice,good and funny event from scratch,but they blewed it AGAIN

You start in a level 350-375 group for example and you stay there. No mixing around things. Who does not harvest gets nothing.

It cannot be that hard. Or would you like to beat a Formula1 race car on a pair of rollerskates because you won 4 races against people on rollerskates?? You think it is fair you have to race against a Formula1 car??
    That is the WHOLE POINT.  Nothing more nothing less

edited 19.08.2019
    You know, every race, there is only 1 winner

Even in formula 1 

On a side note, Could you send a screenshot of your own division Iron Maiden?

In private message ? is it that bad? 
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    No it is not that bad. And i do in private msg. I am as some say a recycled player. Wich means Played before untill 2 years ago and started all over again.

put only that coop to play as i like. But i do play on the NL server aswell and have there now a level 178 farm. The discusion there is the same. 

And what is BAD??  Beeing against things like they are running now?? Or you mean the ranking?? Well the player with the deepests pockets are mostly on the top rankings. But i never forgot that i had a small farm with a low level before. Some higher level players seems to forgotten that moment when They had a lower level.

And those competitions back to back and now a 42 day event running is a bit to much for peeople who DO have a job.
    So when you don,t mind i will try to earn some real money in the real world instead of a useless Deco,

• Hnita (US1)Hnita (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    I give up on farmer league, I work my but of with missions, doing really good, and find myself in a group with someone just turning the wheel and making millions that way. Is this a roulette game or what? It should be about farming not gambling.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    @jiebie (US1) i have always said it is turning into a gambling game  !!

• The only reason why you need to get a gold medal is because you need 1 so you can get the Season End Reward ... that problem could easily be solve by removing the gold-medal-restriction.

I agree with getting rid of that gold medal restriction. Like many other people have said, it seems to be much easier at lower levels to get a gold medal, with little or no competition from other players, but at higher levels, it's much more difficult.

I haven't gotten a gold medal at all this season, but thanks to the kindness of the person currently in first place, they messaged to tell me they'll let me win the next gold medal.

"We have to help each other all together between the farms" was their message to me.
    We'll definitely need to do that if there aren't any changes coming to this event...
  • It seems as if there players is not one solution that players can agree on

I will always think it unfair that a level 21 player is in the same division as a level 797 - end of.  The level 21 cant even get regular ducks until they are level 27, so to think they can get similar rp's during a cc is strange to me to say the very least,

But some think thats fair and that is their choice and opinion of course.

Its all rather pointless as no matter what the players say GGS will do things their own way - they always do, and of course their way will always benefit the gold buyers, otherwise there would be no point in buying gold and no revenue for GGS.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 20.08.2019
    I'm with @GrammaLeah (US1)  even though I've been paired with players near my player level, I have no chance of a gold metal. I'm not willing to spend gold to get a gold metal & no way I'm going to spend gold to get the season pass. If by chance I get very lucky & happen to end up with a gold metal before this 42 day event ends. I may have another look at the cost of the season pass then. ;)
  • Hnita (US1)Hnita (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    Strange result in my group, I finish as first with 15 million plus but the medals went to the last one with 200.000 rep points. Yesterday eventing he had 21 m all made probably by the wheel. They took away his rep points, but he got to keep the medals. Weird. I am out of farmers league.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 20.08.2019
    So now we find ourselves unable to play our farms because we don't know what is coming next and when. I can see that the farmers league is going to get boring to a lot of players very quickly, and GGS are going to lose players due to them feeling that they are being forced to play so that they can keep up with every one else. i didn't mind doing the CC with the farmers league but i am certainly not looking forward to playing for another 34 days, and even worse can you imagine this league every month the thought alone is enough to drive players away imo.
    Yes ... its gonna be fun :smiley:
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Bottom Line : The one with more gold wins

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 20.08.2019
    Certainly it won't be easy for low level players to get as many medals/diamonds as high level players if paired on the same brackets, but (at the risk of sounding awful here) low level players do not have as many need for diamonds as high level ones: they still have farm to expand and lots of things going on, so apartments probably aren't needed right away: it is not on their top to do things I would say. I remember when I was low level the overwhelming amount of things I needed to build. I think low level players will level up and be able to get enough diamonds by the time they reach high levels, they will probably have more than current high levels will have after couple of FL.

In my opinion, what it wouldn't be logical, even fair, is that a low level has more chances to get more diamonds that a high level one (for the main reason stated above concerning their current farm development) and that would be the case if the pairings would happen with people of similar levels instead of current number of medals/points accumulated to date, which seems to be the case currently.

In other events they divide by player level and give less of what ever prizes are given, so if implemented like that, it might be that the result of prizes gotten could be similar to what the current FL set up is (no advantage after all).

All that said, it would be nice that the need for a gold medal is removed to give all active players a slightly diamonds boost.
    Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
  • You dont sound awful at all Mia - and what you say is very true about the lower level players perhaps not needing the apartment block as much as the higher levels.  

But, the horrible truth is no matter how they work it out the reward system in the FL is going to be unfair as long as they continue to have the divisions based on medals gained.  

e.g.:  The level 21 player in my last division was in with level 700+ (yes the 700+ did finish first and the level 21 bottom)  There is no way on this earth that could be called fair when the score was based on rp's.and the division are supposed to group players of similar skills.

I finished 2nd and got a silver medal - happy, yes of course, but then I realised I'd got a much higher rp score than people of similar level to myself who had got gold medals because they were in 'easier' divisions.  Was that fair?  Probably not.

I bought the season pass so have more diamonds that someone that didnt but has more gold medals than me - I'm sure they would say thats not fair either (but in reality I dont see that as much different than gaining rp's by spinning the WoF or wwc coins by spinning the wheel) 

Maybe a league system but based on level would work with the prizes adjusted (a bit like the cc's leagues) could work, but that too would have some players complaining.

Im sure GGS could have come up with a way that would have worked better for the players, but as long as it works for them and they keep the gold buyers happy (which they have to do etc etc etc) it wont change no matter how good any suggestions are.
  • soozayn (US1)soozayn (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    In the farmers league it says that the division ranking is where you will compete with a small number of players at the same skill level as defined by the matchmaking process. So why on earth am I in a group where there are levels 29 & 35? I am level 386. The level 29 farm is very small, has one level 2 cowshed & 5 x level 2 fields. What chance do they have against myself, marywisc & Lizziepoo? Real good matchmaking GGS I applaud your genius....NOT
    Yeah ... i would buy season pass to if i use to skip box's in funnel using gold ... dont have to skip many box's before its a much better bargain to buy season pass.

And i wonder who is complaining and who is trying to give construtive criticism ... its usual in the eye of the beholder.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The Farmers League event becomes boring and irrelevant from the moment everyone gets their apartments placed and max upgraded. Apart from the diamonds the other rewards are very underwhelming especially most of the FL coloured boxes. I have no issues with the groupings and as a non-gold buyer I still get a nice number of gold medals, my only issue is the rewards other than the diamonds. If that is improved (like the CC, thats not so bad now with current rewards set) it will encourage players to participate more often.
    People may not believe it or not

But getting steady medals, will probably matter more than the amount of gold medals at the end

Remember its Title that stands as top priority for rankings

I'll extrapolate/exagerate to show what i mean :)

Someone with 1 Gold and 41 Bronze medals

Would finish in front of Someone with 33 Gold medals and no other medals
Sign In to comment.