Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Thanks for the gifts but...

So ok, 10 years of BF.     Thank you for putting together a great game.  (buggy though it usually is.)

So I see we all got three gifts.  Got my flag up (one farm so far but Ill do them all.)
Then... the house.   Immediately I have to WASTE TIME looking for it.
Clicked the "i" for INFO... but AS USUAL here, NO real info to be found.
Is this a deco?   Is it a new building?  A skin for a house?  I clicked, I looked,
FINALLY it dawns on me this looks like the farm house.  (Something that once upgraded has NOTHING to do with actual game play so is all but ignored.)
Well sure enough.  
So GG... How about SAYING IN "INFO" this is a skin for your farmhouse?   YA THINK?

Next...

Now this one?   I have NO CLUE where it is, what it does, or how to use it.  OR do I even NEED to use it.
I get bonus stuff all the time that just keeps piling up because I either don't know why I need it (therefore I don't.)  OR have no clue HOW to use it.

So GG.. that little "i" thing, IS WHERE INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE!  
WHAT is the thing,
WHERE is the thing,
WHAT does the thing do.

Or.... this thing, what ever it does will sit where ever it's hiding and oh well.  

Comments

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    The candle 240 hrs is XP booster 100%.

If you have XP Booster from wheel of Fortune, then you get total XP boost of 200 %

Plus, your Matilda Academy gives another booster.

For every level you rise, you get free dollars for levelling up.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    its just another experience-booster ... gonna work for 10 days ... if you cannt see it top screen then reload game.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    The bottom one is a double xp booster as it says beside the picture of the birthday cake Mine started running immediately that I clicked the accept the gifts button.  240 hours, I think. It will be at the top of your game screen, near all the pop up/sales thingies. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 15.08.2019
    Not to sound ungrateful, but for 10 years, wouldn't a little gold in everyone's goodie bags be more befitting of the occasion?  B)
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 14.08.2019
    anything with that painting brush mean its cosmetic

@TMKC (IN1)hello can i give you 10x of dollar i made by lvling in past 30 lvl and you make me lvl 149 please and lock me there?  no way i can make GML in hard work event 150 without using lots of seaweeeds
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    The mods can edit this if they like, but what a bunch of whiners some of you lot are.  GGS could have just ignored the birthday and given NOTHING.  Do you respond this way on your own birthday, when you get gifts you don't like? Sheesh.  
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 14.08.2019
                                  After 6 years of playing Big Farm for free, I'm grateful for anything I'm given.  Thanks, GGS.  o:)   

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Good for you Cathy and Farmer John  :D  I liked the gifts as well  :D

eek I'm being challenged of posing a threat   :dizzy:
    Surely I can say what I like on the forum ? Or not ?
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 14.08.2019
    Some of us did not receive the farmhouse skin and we are not getting double xp's.  Again, they come out with a farm shop to put more money in their pockets yet always have bugs, and it takes forever to fix them.  Sad!! 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Some of us did not receive the farmhouse skin and we are not getting double xp's.  Again, they come out with a farm shop to put more money in their pockets yet always have bugs, and it takes forever to fix them.  Sad!! 

@Fawners (US1)
    Have you reloaded since this morning?
    And for the record  .. I do no threaten Moderators
    I almost feel like I am being threatened  :confused :confused:
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    @Southern (US1)  Yes, we all have and I received mine, but the others have put in a support ticket. 
    sorry ,, that was wrong spelling    .... I do NOT threaten Moderators

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 14.08.2019
    I too am happy for the gifts given :smile:

@ Artmaker (GB1) *whispers* the paintbrush is a clear give away :wink: didn´t you see it? But I agree, we are not mindreaders so a little more concise info would be of great help. At times it could seem like the info is a riddle.

• rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
     the skin, it is nice but I didn't get one.... love the double xps with my double xps and love the flag too. thank you GGS!!! 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    @rie22 (US1) Are you sure? Have you checked your farmhouse and the paint+brush?
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    @Summer Yes ;-)  not there  
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Yeap, Its time to plant Sunflowers :))
    In all fairness to Artmaker, I had the same problem. When the gifts announcement popped up on login, it was just frozen. Wouldn't scroll. Therefore, there was no paintbrush to indicate that the house was a skin, and no information to click on. (Hence my post on another thread.)  Logged in, logged out, and did get the paintbrush that time, but it said nothing about it being a farmhouse skin -- just something to change the appearance of your "building."  Clicked a lot of buildings and houses before Farmer John set me straight. LOL!
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 14.08.2019
    Just for info, Big Farm is NOT 10 years old.  GGS is. There were 2 other farm games before Big Farm, both failed after short period of time.  Big Farm is only 7 years old   
    edited 15.08.2019
    Yeah, Its interesting, That made me go to wikipedia :)

3 Locations, Hamburg , Tokyo , South Korea :)

1200 employees

1 Billion in revenues in 2017 ;o

It may sound high, but you gotta count the expenses and salaries , buildings, equipment etc etc

Anyway, very interesting data :D
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...loved the gifts. Immediately used birthday part for my farmhouse -- it looks fabulous; birthday flag will be swapped with current one on main farm (after forum chat) … don't know when birthday boost will happen, but will be happy when it does. Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GGS; and, have many more years of happiness and success... :):):)
    @ronin7 (INT1) The birthday boost is running now. You should see a timer near the top of your screen where the other boosters also are shown when active.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well since quote isn't working....
    Southern, thanks for that screen shot.  I totally missed it there.
    Still, anytime there is an "i" link, INFO aught to be there.  It wasn't. 

As for the booster, I still don't know how to start it, or did it start the second I accepted?  From the posts here sounds like it.  What a waste.  I just finished the asia event and need to walk away from this after intense clicking for days.  So any time limit on a booster is being wasted.  
    Then again I really don't want XP points.   The ONLY boosters I ever use are during the coop challenge.  Other than that, I really don't want XP points at all.
    Found out leveling up is NOT a good thing.  Everything gets harder, just a bit more out of reach.   It might be good at very low levels, but not past a certain point.  More of a punishment for sticking around too long.

Now... I'm NOT ungrateful here.  Gifts are always appreciated.  But be it gift, game element, what ever, again INFO needs to actually contain INFO! 
    What is it,
    Where is it
    What does it do,
    How does one use it, or is it automatic, and if so for how long
    What is the reward for using it.

All under INFO and not forcing people to fiddle around in a forum board hoping to find answers. 
    THIS is the primary reason so many aspects of this game are high up on my ignore list.
    I sit down to this silly game and just want to click through my farm, upgrade what I can, chat with the folks in my teams, (sometimes I don't even do that.) And go do something else.  Stopping before I do anything to hunt and fish for a user guide on how something works is NOT in the plan. 

So GG... congrats on 10 years in business.
    The flag and house look great.   Thanks.
    Don't understand the booster thing so what ever it does, even if I don't actually want XP points, fine.  zzzzz

Now please.... work out some bugs ok?  I don't know about everyone else but I could have done without the gifts AND without anything new starting up, if giving you all some time to exterminate the pesky bugs would actually get things fixed.  Some stuff you have known about for a very long time now. 
    edited 15.08.2019
    Developers develops

Players plays

I choose #2 :)

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    The house is really cute, it doesn't look so good next to my football fields so it would have been nice to have one that fits all main houses on each farm.  But it is cute nonetheless.  Thanks GGS.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Let's hope Big farm runs for another 10 years at least 
    It maybe the best farming game out there as of now.

It just needs more advertising in India, 1.3 billion population of India but only 150 active players on the Indian server.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file