Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - Mermaid Bay Expansion! - Discussion

Let us know you thoughts about the Latest Announcement here.

Comments

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I did not understand what has changed in mermaid bay ... the announcement isnt clear :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 07.08.2019
    @TMKC (IN1)  From the way I read it, the Fish Market now has contracts that ask for items produced in the Mermaid Bay restaurant, though I haven't had any yet myself.  :)

EDIT:  Someone else will have to do the math to see if you benefit more from using the Mermaid Bay products to complete contracts instead of using them to get the bonus friendship when repairing the Adventurer's boat, since fish math gives me a migraine.  :p
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on

Ohh ... okay ...
    But im still trying to figure out how exactly is the new change a disadvantage to us ... What did GGS cooked now
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I did get a few contracts with sushi dishes in them, didn't do the math either, I never make sushi so in the bin they went :D
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    They've changed some of the prices on the items in the contracts. Working out a few of them now. Will have the new contract values up as soon as I can get them all calculated.

Already calculated that Rose Seeds have changed value from $382,500 in a contract to $500,000 and Super Liquid Fertilizer has changed from $30,750 to $31,000 (so not much change there).

Fish & Chum values do not appear to have changed, just some of the "extra" stuff has.

And I still haven't seen a contract with any Mermaid Bay items in them.  They must be pretty rare, as I've gone through about 20 contracts today.

• I think this is long over dew and is welcome by all. I'm certainly looking for my new contracts.
    edited 07.08.2019
    Well THIS is new, anyway.

Gotta add THAT to the new value list. :)

(It's a value of $500,000 each, if you're interested. Meaning for each one in a contract, the "cash value" of the contract is reduced by $500,000. Without them, this contract would have been worth $58,223,025).

Edit: Seaweed HUMUS is a new addition as well. Don't have a value for that one yet, but I can bet it's going to be expensive. :)

Just got one with SunFlower Seeds, too. (Value $500,000 each)

Magic Bean Seeds as well. $500,000 each.

Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    They've changed some of the prices on the items in the contracts. Working out a few of them now. Will have the new contract values up as soon as I can get them all calculated.

Already calculated that Rose Seeds have changed value from $382,500 in a contract to $500,000 and Super Liquid Fertilizer has changed from $30,750 to $31,000 (so not much change there).

Fish & Chum values do not appear to have changed, just some of the "extra" stuff has.

And I still haven't seen a contract with any Mermaid Bay items in them.  They must be pretty rare, as I've gone through about 20 contracts today.

Not so rare for me it seems....

• Ok, so the extra junk is costing us more now. Funny since I have been dumping those contracts pretty much constantly.

I've also dumped 2 contracts today that requested sushi dishes. Not inclined to be doing the contracts with Mermaid Bay dishes.

2 thumbs up to wasted effort, bugs should have been fixed instead.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I like the idea of Mermaid's bay item :)

As I'm working on 3 fishes contracts, Up to 70 bonus now

It will give more variety

Was only using Mermaid's bay for rare filet , for piggy reserve of money

But will have to run it now ( very nice ) <3
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    one of my coop members has a contract asking for:

2,159 tacos plus 1600+ oysters, 1300+herring, 1800+swordfish, 1300+ tuna, 3300+ clam

for: 65,000,000 cash and 10,000 fishing reps

ugh!!!

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    yeah, doesnt sound great :)

Some are bound to be declined :D
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So a question for GGS................how does reducing profits in fish contracts by including mermaid bay dishes equate to "more valuable rewards"?  More valuable rewards for who exactly.....for GGS?

The special seeds (water lilly, angel trumpets etc) is a step in the right direction only if they did what GGS claimed when it was first introduced......the higher drop rates and easier completion of the food truck event. Having planted a few of these seeds in the past it doesn't seem to improve the drop rate at all, its very underwhelming.

edited 07.08.2019
    If anyone happens to run across a (fishing) contract with any of the following items, I would really appreciate a PM with a  screenshot of the contract (including the amounts of fish required for the contract) in order to complete value calculations. :)

I've verified or updated all other prices (at least on stuff I've found yet. Been through 50+ contracts and STILL haven't seen a single mermaid bay dish. My guess is they just don't show up in Value 0 or Value 99 contracts)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    does this mean seaweed green house humus is 3mil a bag? that is way too much i guess those get deleted too

does this mean seaweed green house humus is 3mil a bag? that is way too much i guess those get deleted too

Yup, $3,000,000 per bag.

A little pricey, but I'd expect that for the Seaweeds. 

Thanks for the addition to the spreadsheet. :)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 08.08.2019
    except for the fact that seaweed greenhouse is not very helpful at all it takes way more then the others to get a benifit out of it i hate it when i win the seaweed green house humus every contract with it will now just be deleted it is not worth that at all it takes 10 bags just to do the regular honeydew seeds that would be 30mil dollars for 95 more honeydew no thankyou
    But even though that greenhouse seaweed humus contract you mentioned absolutely stinks players will be forced to fill it if they want to advance to level 99 contracts. If this is a sign of things to come I suggest everyone takes advantage of deep sea fishing as it currently stands now before GGS reworks it and ruins the feature. I just hope they tell us what they plan to do at least a week before the rebalance so players that have plenty of fish stored can sell it off at its current price.
    edited 08.08.2019
    It looks like the Mermaid Bay items are being calculated at the straight "Direct Sale" price + the standard 5% contract bonus (meaning a Taco would be worth $186 + 5%, which is like $195.3 - No "nice round numbers" here :smile:).  This is the same way the Organic Market works.

I'll have to get some more items from Mermaid Bay to confirm it, but that's what it's looking like.

I've also calculated values for Water, Super Liquid Fertilizer, Seaweed Humus, Violet Seeds and Super Honeydew, so we can scratch them off the list. Moving along pretty quickly. :)

Here's the current values:

GREEN = Confirmed, No Change.
    RED = NEW/UPDATED Value
    BLUE = Still need to confirm via contract(s).
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
    Sw humus is expensive ... But it is extremely good.

A lot of players I talked to were happy to take sw humus instead of a little cash.

I dont mind this contract.......anything that doesnt have greenhouse seaweed humus, water or tools works for me :)

• contract that give fishing xp eats alot cash for xp i try to avoid them
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    contract ask fopr 203 fisherman,s delights. That pays me $993.755  and as special new exciting fanatastic reward reeward 1 Waterlily seed.  I have lester on 10%  73% bonus at thee contract.
    But when i sell those 203 fisherman,s delights i get $1.442.624.  

Maybe i forget something but these numbers don,t match up. But it is new and the praisers are singing halleluja again before making their homework.

In the Garbadge bin with those contracts
    edited 08.08.2019
    contract ask fopr 203 fisherman,s delights. That pays me $993.755  and as special new exciting fanatastic reward reeward 1 Waterlily seed.  I have lester on 10%  73% bonus at thee contract.
    But when i sell those 203 fisherman,s delights i get $1.442.624.  

Maybe i forget something but these numbers don,t match up. But it is new and the praisers are singing halleluja again before making their homework.

In the Garbadge bin with those contracts
    [spoiler](203 - 21) * 7008 = 1,275,456
    203 * 7008 * 1.05 = $1,493,755 (minus $500,000 for the waterlily seed, total cash value $993,755)
    1 waterlily seed = $500,000
    Value 73 contract = 22.86%
    $993,755 * 22.86 = extra $227,172 (total: $1,220,927)
    2 waterlily seeds worth $1,000,000 (in value)
    (Ignore the above, just making some calculations)[/spoiler]

@iron maiden (INT1)

Because of Lester's 10%, you only have to use 182 Fisherman's Delights to fill the contract. 

That's $1,275,456 worth of Fisherman's Delights (at direct sale prices).
    But, since you get a 5% bonus AND a 22.86 bonus (Value 73) for filling the contract, you're getting $1,220,927 in CASH AND 2 Waterlily seeds (1 from the contract, and 1 from the Value 73 bonus).

So yeah, you COULD sell 182 Fisherman's Delights (since that's all it will take you to fill the contract) directly for $1,275,456, OR, by filling the contract get $1,220,927 in CASH and 2 Waterlily seeds. So basically the 2 waterlily seeds "cost" you $54,529.
    Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I do not get any seafood from the pools so those contracts will just be a waste to Me, but that is nothing new to Me. :(
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    The seafood is made in your Mermaid Bay @Blue Denim (US1) they do not come from the pools.
    Have a look here for some help in that area.

https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/farm/mermaid_bay.htm

Oleg can help you to get the fish you will need to use in your Mermaid Bay. Here's some help in that area 

https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg.htm
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Alisha27 (INT1)Alisha27 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 102
    I stopped getting orders with profit at the fish market completely...all  0 profit orders are comin in ....and I've went through atleast minimum 70/80 of them by now...after a while I stopped keeping count....Before I got one or two of 0 profit ones.......in the mix.....so I ignored this thinking its okay....but now I think somethings wrong.
    Haven't seen any mermaid bay orders either.

Is someone else having this problem? Please help cuz with the Island farm at hand ....I need a lotta extra $$....and my primary source is the Fish market. 
    Current Value List:

Only have 4 left (in Blue) left to confirm or update. (Along with any seeds that may still be missing). Rakes, Karma, Brushes, and Super Duck Feed.

Green = Price Unchanged
    Red = NEW/CHANGED Value
    Blue = Still need to Confirm/Update.

(I'll reorganize it later, putting all the seeds together, feeds together, etc. Low priority).
Sign In to comment.