Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 1st - Discover the newly revamped Island Farm & More - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023

Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Hmmmmmmm - love the changes to the Tropical Island but as usual what they give with one hand the other takes away with the changes to the FHWE.  Now all HWE's, along with the FL are down to luck of the draw.  I preferred to use a bit of strategy personally, a bit of planning etc., rather than rely of my notoriously bad luck, but at least some of the bad luck will filter through to GGS as I'm not spending any gold to play catch up on these 'luck based' events.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 05.08.2019
    I like the look of the new island farm and great idea with the apartment block, just what was needed, i would like to see more new skins for all building/ items for all farms and it would be great if the skins could be part of prizes in events. 10/10 for the apartments :) also i have to say i do like the fhwe starting with other fish, i didnt find it a problem because i had all my fish waiting for me when i woke up. Better than having to stock pile days before the event.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    If universal construction slot is empty ... and you start a construction on island farm then the universal construction slot will be used. But if you use universal construction slot on GF first, then you have the extra construction slot on the island.
  • Heidi (INT1)Heidi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 479
    I agree about the FHWE, I don't like the luck of the draw with this one. I had shellfish saved up to start this off, now need to wait all day just to get a decent amount of herring in. I am not a happy player today. IMHO, the only players who can work it well this way is people who have level 6 trawlers & can get good sized boats in within just a few hours (or the ones who spend gold pushing past fish until they get the one they want). I wonder if it will always start with herring now.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I agree about the FHWE, I don't like the luck of the draw with this one. I had shellfish saved up to start this off, now need to wait all day just to get a decent amount of herring in. I am not a happy player today. IMHO, the only players who can work it well this way is people who have level 6 trawlers & can get good sized boats in within just a few hours (or the ones who spend gold pushing past fish until they get the one they want). I wonder if it will always start with herring now.

Yes, it will always start with Herring now.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 05.08.2019
    BEWARE!
    You cannot count herring at 10 without dropping time any more !
    I was on 9 points with over 23 hours, and went up to 10 with just a few fish, and I dropped to less than 12 hours!
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @GrammaLeah (US1)  -  that is the normal drop when going to ten from nine with herring.  It only looked different to you because you barely went into ten.   
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    I saw it asked somewhere earlier, but never did see an answer to this question ---

When buying workers for in the revamped Island farm, is the price 250K shells for 30 workers, or 250K shells for one worker with a maximum of 30 (7.5 Million shells total for 30)?

Has anyone bought them yet that can confirm? Also, if it is 250K for 30 workers, are you allowed to buy more than one set of 30?
    I saw it asked somewhere earlier, but never did see an answer to this question ---

When buying workers for in the revamped Island farm, is the price 250K shells for 30 workers, or 250K shells for one worker with a maximum of 30 (7.5 Million shells total for 30)?

Has anyone bought them yet that can confirm? Also, if it is 250K for 30 workers, are you allowed to buy more than one set of 30?
    It adds 30 workers (for the 250K Seashells).

You can only buy it once.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 05.08.2019
    It gives 30 full workers, and the full happiness

but both extra's can only be bought once

But they are definetely worth it / useful , if you dont play temporary farm with gold :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Do the apartment blocks work?  I am ready to put one in.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @gavinfarms (US1)  so far so good for me :)
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 06.08.2019
    I'm not at all amused by the universal construction slot being used when I'm clearing the undergrowth on a plot of land on the temp island.  What happened to being able to use the island slot for island construction?

I now have to wait until it has finished before upgrading something on my gf.  :(

This change was supposed to be better for us.  Possibly a bug (again)??

PS:  This problem did not occur at the very beginning of the island so why now? 
    Post edited by Ozzie (AU1) on
  • Boo21 (US1)Boo21 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    So I see that the FHWE and Herring, I also notice that in such I am grouped with payers 56-999 when I am only level 51.  My wife is level 52 and is also grouped in 56-999.  I am a couple thousand down and will never catch up with my smaller boats.  Does anyone else notice the level issue?
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    Anyone know when the tropical wheel of fortune is coming up?
  • sez4 (AU1)sez4 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 4
    My fishing level is 34 yet I'm grouped with levels 56-999.  I can't compete with all of the higher levels.

Why??
    edited 06.08.2019
    I've been going 11 points a second since this morning, and I'm only rank 1,210.
    How can so many people be higher? How does a player get more points per second?
    I am usually at a much higher rank, and usually have less points per second than I have this time.
    -
    I fear I don't really understand this event as well as I thought I did.
    Could it be because I went up a farm level since last time?
    I've been going 11 points a second since this morning, and I'm only rank 1,210.
    How can so many people be higher? How does a player get more points per second?
    I am usually at a much higher rank, and usually have less points per second than I have this time.
    -
    I fear I don't really understand this event as well as I thought I did.
    Could it be because I went up a farm level since last time?

Any time you reach 10 Points Per Second on a fish, you gain a bonus point (+1).

So (for example) if you have Herring, Shrimp, and Oysters in your Silo, and you reach 10 Points Per Second in each of them, you'd gain +3 Bonus Points Per Second for your next fish type.

Current number of Bonus Points per second can be found here:

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @ninjahuman (AU1) i agree that the removal of tropical cow from temp farm is certanly a step back and not an improvement but on the other hand troical cows have become very ordinary sience you can get them from VF or buying them with WWC coins

Remember that they are not available as a hard work reward from the village fair, they are only available as a ranking prize to a cooperative. So only a small group of players can collect it from that event that are in cooperatives with many strong players. You can buy them with championship coins, but it still takes a long time to save up enough to have a decent amount of them and championship coins are also required for other themed buildings like themed duck coops as well. Now the themed cowshed/duck coop is presumably no longer available as a hard work reward when it previously was.

And even though I don't agree that it is acceptable for them to remove the tropical cowshed because many players can now obtain it from the village fair, there is still no way to collect a themed duck coop from the village fair and now we can only buy them from the championship trader at a more expensive price than the themed cowsheds.

./nod Amber3

They arent that special anymore

And the current HW line reward of temporary farm if u reach 65M is not bad at all

Few gold boxes, and various things on the way

Also the tropical farm itself seems much easier, with those new ressources

For other events they are not bad rewards, but this is an event that we spend hundreds of millions of farm dollars and some gold on to be able to collect a themed building and it has now been replaced by stupid items compared to the previous tropical cowshed. Those rewards give only about 1.3k gold, 5 tokens and 30 fuku tsuho coins with rewards that can give gold (tokens can give about 21.5 gold per token but I don't know how much gold you get from a fuku tsuho coin on average), which don't come close to making up for the loss of the opportunity to collect the tropical cowshed.

Agree @Exxy (INT1) the temp farm will be much easier now with the building spot available so not to tie up your other farms with the temp farm upgrades 

It's better to just use both slots to upgrade the farm as quickly as possible and then you can go back to upgrading your farms once all of the temporary farm upgrades are complete. There are even ways to upgrade buildings without any waiting time so it doesn't matter that much if we ignore the process of upgrading our other farms while we upgrade the temporary farm.
  • @ninjahuman (AU1) i agree that the removal of tropical cow from temp farm is certanly a step back and not an improvement but on the other hand troical cows have become very ordinary sience you can get them from VF or buying them with WWC coins

Remember that they are not available as a hard work reward from the village fair, they are only available as a ranking prize to a cooperative. So only a small group of players can collect it from that event that are in cooperatives with many strong players. You can buy them with championship coins, but it still takes a long time to save up enough to have a decent amount of them and championship coins are also required for other themed buildings like themed duck coops as well. Now the themed cowshed/duck coop is presumably no longer available as a hard work reward when it previously was.

And even though I don't agree that it is acceptable for them to remove the tropical cowshed because many players can now obtain it from the village fair, there is still no way to collect a themed duck coop from the village fair and now we can only buy them from the championship trader at a more expensive price than the themed cowsheds.
    Unless I am mistaken it is more than a handful that get the tropical cow from rankings in the Village Fair. And they don't have to have strong players. On the US server I thought the top 3 of all groupings got the choice with a tropical cow as an option. To make it worse the divisions are poorly split. The top 15 or 16 in one diamond league would have been #1 in the other.
    edited 01.02.2023

• NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    My personal theory on re-balancing is that we get to work harder and get less rewards. But I am hoping that I am wrong.
    edited 01.02.2023
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes @FarmerCli (US1)  , I too would like to know what was rebalanced.  Any chance of a bit more detail @WascallyWabbit

• emmit69 (GB1)emmit69 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    since the hotfix my fhw score has completely disappeared, it's put me in the correct group but screwed up my score,and I had used gold. Not good enough!
    I didn't realize the bonus point whistle was for anything more than just the one that caused it.
    If it accumulates, that might explain the discrepancy.
    Thanks Southern ! 
  • Yorg (BG1)Yorg (BG1) BG1 Posts: 78
    http://prntscr.com/op7pjt 
    http://prntscr.com/op7qbr
    The mistakes don't stop. I am in two charts, but only from the small I get awards.
    WONDERS !!!!
    I didn't realize the bonus point whistle was for anything more than just the one that caused it.
    If it accumulates, that might explain the discrepancy.
    Thanks Southern ! 

No problem. :smile:

Yes, they do accumulate throughout the event.  I've reached as high as +7 myself in the past, but others have reached much higher. I've heard (here on the boards) of people reaching +30. Imagine it takes quite a bit of gold & seaweed (in a crop HWE) to do that though. :)
    edited 07.08.2019
    The bonus points aren't doing me any good, in fact they are damaging me.
    I just went from 7 hours to 6 MINUTES!!!!! (That's over 259 thousand points uncounted.)
    WHAT THE HECK?
    I have no idea what is going on...
    I hope it's a glitch, this used to be a good event.
    Post edited by GrammaLeah (US1) on
Sign In to comment.