Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 13.08.2019
    The amounts have changed - you can NO longer safely go to 10 points with herring!
    I dropped from over 23 hours, to less than 12 when I barely popped up to 10.
    (And then it did it a second time, later)
    Why would they penalize someone for actually working hard?
    Post edited by GrammaLeah (US1) on
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Looks to me like GGS is seeking to try to even things out by changing the old and well known with something new and unexpected. Giving all the same starting point. Wonder if it will be a different type of fish/shellfish every time from now on.....

I found I had 3 herring pools on 24 H when the event started. But understand that some didn´t have any?

Ofc this is a heads-up for the major gold buyers and as usual an incentive to get players to buy gold. As long as several wish to be winners of something and are addicted to the game. We can think what we want about that, but lets remember that this game is business for GGS. Bet most of us would be pushing to get players to buy whatever so we could earn some real money, if we ran i.e an online game :wink:
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Looks to me like GGS is seeking to try to even things out by changing the old and well known with something new and unexpected. Giving all the same starting point. Wonder if it will be a different type of fish/shellfish every time from now on.....

I found I had 3 herring pools on 24 H when the event started. But understand that some didn´t have any?

Ofc this is a heads-up for the major gold buyers and as usual an incentive to get players to buy gold. As long as several wish to be winners of something and are addicted to the game. We can think what we want about that, but lets remember that this game is business for GGS. Bet most of us would be pushing to get players to buy whatever so we could earn some real money, if we ran i.e an online game :wink:

"Herring is much easier & it will not be randomly changing,  we are told that it will be staying as Herring"

hehe serves me right for addressing a thread before reading all of the threads.

Thank you Southern (US1) :smile:
  • sandusandu US1 Posts: 3
    Hello everybody, if i'm lvl 41 fishing, why they putted me in the group with levels 56 to 999?, they said that they splitted into groups...im not in the 56 to 999...
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    It's seems GGS only employ dev's with glass arms, everything the touch. they break, another kick in the guts, well done GGS you sure know how to keep you customers happy, one more nail in the coffin for Big Farm
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @Summer (SKN1)

"Giving all the same starting point."

Everybody had the same starting point when we had a calendar. All one had to do was read the calendar and decide when you wanted to start collecting oysters. Those who took the FHWE seriously because they enjoyed it started much earlier than those who just wanted the $$$$ from contracts. Up until the actual start, not even the gold buyers had any real advantage. All one had to do was have boatloads of oysters (398 to be precise) and several other boats with possibilities for the second fish. At this point, it was the gold buyers chance to push ahead skipping fish and/or quick harvests. I am not a huge gold buyer by any means and what little I do get is spent wisely, not wasted chasing a meaningless trophy of a deco worth a few happiness points, but for the sake of pushing my own personal boundaries, I could hold it with the gold buyers.

Under this new system, we are not all starting at the same point simply because we don't have a calendar so cannot prepare in any way. As someone suggested earlier, make your own calendar. Oh yeah, FHWE used to be early in the month, then it went to later in the month and now suddenly without telling us there was going to be a change to expect, it's at the beginning again. GGS can now make any pattern they want just to confuse everybody. Without any preparation and they suddenly throw it on you like this, many, many players have been caught out with no herring in boats or at sea. How is that the same starting point other than for the golders? Players who aren't up to speed on the mathematics behind the whole Fishing region (and yes, it is very mathematical) or are not gold buyers, now stand little chance of ever doing well. 

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I was'nt expecting a FHW either :)

But the Herring first instead of Oyster is just fantabulous

My whole strategy for all silo's was to find either Tuna or Herring , and run it, by normally fishing in the dock ( you get free HW rewards that way )

Without much stress or thinking involved :D
    edited 05.08.2019

@ 5-10 Man (AU1) Taking it out of context there. You need the rest of it: "Looks to me like GGS is seeking to try to even things out by changing the old and well known with something new and unexpected. Giving all the same starting point." I did not write a fact, I wrote a thought. The same starting point is that none expected the change nor did any have time to load their boats with the right kind of fish/shellfish. All started with a "heh... herring?? Not oysters????" What the ... hmmm

The calender is history, past tense: "the old and well known".

Ofc I agree with you how much we all (most anyway) miss the calender and want it back.

Cheers :) 

• Also mee iam in lvl 53 and also in group 56-999
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @Summer (SKN1)

You are so right.My apologies, now where did I put my glasses... :):)

Now if only they could see that the whole world revolves arounds calendars.
    They work to a calendar - they always seem to knock off on Friday afternoon to have 2 days of holiday in their calendar.

Their personal lives run to a calendar. Got a hot date on Saturday night... Oh bugger, don't have a calendar, that was last Saturday. Kids have got sporting activities on the weekend. Don't worry, they have a built in calendar to remind everyone.

The watch they wear on their arm is a calendar (time is part of the calendar), the iphone they have in their pockets is a super glorified calendar.

In one way, shape or form, everything in life involves a calendar. That's life. Oh well, when common sense goes out the window...
  • Tubal (US1)Tubal (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    I'm level 36 and I'm the same.  I usually stay in the top 100 or so.  I've been collecting points at a good clip since it started (6-7 per second) and I'm rank 1083. :(
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    edited 06.08.2019
    Look like its a general problem  ... most be a bug:

(edit)  i dont know how to insert link to another thread but read:  Fishing Hard Worker Event  page 25:  it is a bug and it will be corrected.
    Yeap, but if u see the bright side

Its an opportunity for all lower levels to get a Trawler if they make it to 800k points ( which should be doable for them ) :))
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Hey GGS - I have back-to-back shellfish.  Thought we were done with that nonsense.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    IF
    Yep, well one of my low level coop mate, that got in the upper category will get his first trawler :)
  • Boo21 (US1)Boo21 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    Why am I in 56-999 Fishing Hard work event when I am only level 51?  My wife is level 52 and is also in the higher group field of players 
  • SophieLo (US1)SophieLo (US1) US1 Posts: 27
    edited 06.08.2019
    That's such a great question!!!!!  Same here......I'm level 54, just levelled up today, but started out this morning a level 53 and in the 56 to 999 group, AND I have run at 9 points per second ALL DAY LONG and moved up 20 ranks, only to FALL back lower than what I started!!??  Can ANYONE tell me what is wrong with this event?  I never started at rank 818 EVER, but this time I did, and now at this moment, I'm a rank 820.......oh and by the way, the third place person is a fishing level THIRTY, yes 30 a level 30 in the 56 to 999 group!  WTF?
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    Really nice change there is made to the funnel ... so far it look like you always will get a trawler just using herrings even if you're a few hours late. A nice reward for those who dont have them and a nice income ... since you can earn 1 mill dollars if you have room for contructing the trawler and then demolish it.
  • sandusandu US1 Posts: 3
    They fixed the bug!
  • I was at like 400,000 points or more when I went to bed at like 2:30am est...I woke up and my points are all gone and I am starting back at the beginning!!????  I wont get my boat now :((
  • Cookiecutter8 (US1)Cookiecutter8 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 10.08.2019
    why did my score in the current FHWE drop from over 300,000 points to 17,000 overnight?

My gifts also started over and changed
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Contact support :(
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Error in FHWE

There is a Fishing level 39 player in the 56-999 league. He is rank 1 ....

Now the funny thing is .... He is also Rank 1 in another lower league ... same player

This is soooo funny  :))))
  • emmit69 (GB1)emmit69 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    edited 06.08.2019
    OK ,I was put in the wrong group 56-999 when I am much lower,so I have spent gold and struggled, Since the hotfix I am back in the correct group but score is a big fat 0 !! REALLY!!   @WascallyWabbit please help, this is a real smack in the face. I have started playing it again in an effort to get in the top 50,as it looks as if I am not the only one this has happened to.
    Post edited by emmit69 (GB1) on
    edited 06.08.2019
    AS  Pumpkin66 says ,we were well on the way to winning a much needed trawler, no chance now! Perhaps we could have that trawler as compensation for another ggs mistake? Fat chance.
    edited 06.08.2019
    And yet there are still apparently players under fishing level 55 in the top group 56-999 that have not bee regrouped, all very strange.
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    ahh Summer thank you for talking absolute sense  :)  

Sign In to comment.