Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• Francien (NL1)Francien (NL1) NL1 Posts: 10
    I was very surprised this morning the when the FISHHW was getting started . There is another fish the began with.
    It would by nice when we heard this before it get started. I am not pleased wth this.
    This is before writing transleted
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Dirtiest trick yet, they know we all had Oysters sitting for days in the dock.  Is HWE not going to start with corn now ? :(  really upset with this farce. 
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    they also messed with ranking pool. Bug 
  • sally2016 (GB1)sally2016 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
     Agreed it is a nasty trick. If they are to change what products are required for FHWE and HWE, please advise players, or at least have the decency to ensure that all products are available to harvest.  
  • Yorg (BG1)Yorg (BG1) BG1 Posts: 78
    http://prntscr.com/oognys
    I am 47 fishing level. I'm ranked in group 56-999. WHY ???
  • chidzu (INT1)chidzu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 112
    Me too.
    I am FLv32 but I am in 46-55.
    Other people also ...

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 05.08.2019
    Quack (IN1) said:
    they also messed with ranking pool. Bug 

@Quack (IN1) Have they changed it from Fishing level to Player level? - Not sure if it is a bug or not, as there seems to be some other changes, such as the 1st fish & some rewards, we have asked for more info.

EDIT: The level sorting issue is a bug, the team are on it, but it most likely is not something that can be fixed while the event is running, as a hotfix would change all the crates.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    The fact that the FHW started with something other than oysters is a good thing, if you ask me. I had no idea that the event would start this morning so I was doing my regular fishing. That means I have no oysters right now, since I fish out herring and swordfish holes overnight. I did have some herring.

However the numbers I have in each ship are small. I won't do anywhere near as well as I usually do since I am not even a little bit prepared. This I don't like at all. Those that use a lot of gold will bury those of us with limited budgets.
  • herring are great fish for start stop QQ please its pain to get +1 from oyster
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    please keep the start of FHWE with herrings always. finally a good change. thanks
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    I would be content with the first fish being different every time

Take it as it comes

Evens the playing field. makes it fairer and gives everyone a chance

• Hello i have in FHWE 53 lvl but i am i  group rang 56-999 hov come ?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Not really sure how it's more fair to have a random fish to start -- everyone knew it began with oysters, so everyone could plan ahead. Wouldn't mind the randomness of the first crate if we could seed the ponds. As it is now, I can't even start the event for hours.  Even with the other HWEs, we know it's going to start with corn, and we can plant whatever else is coming up next.
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @WascallyWabbit
    What was that about a hotfix.... 22:53 on my clock...
     :)  :)
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Will we lose what we have already done when hot fix completed ? 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    It's based on your player level, not your fishing level.
  • jaxb (AU1)jaxb (AU1) AU1 Posts: 4
    I disagree Southern.  Last time we had the fhwe I was in the fishing level bracket. I am Level 31 in fishing.

This time around I'm in the higher bracket.  Level 56-999.  It was not always this way.  Something has gone wrong with the positioning of groups.  Even on the fishing ranking screen it says fishing ranking not the level of your farm.

It HAS changed from the last time we had fhwe.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    no hotfix on US1 either... can't even get THAT right!

• chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    Its obvious that a player in level 56 cannot compete with a player in level 999. This is completely an unfair event. Please correct this. Thank you.  :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I disagree Southern.  Last time we had the fhwe I was in the fishing level bracket. I am Level 31 in fishing.

This time around I'm in the higher bracket.  Level 56-999.  It was not always this way.  Something has gone wrong with the positioning of groups.  Even on the fishing ranking screen it says fishing ranking not the level of your farm.

It HAS changed from the last time we had fhwe.
    Maybe that's how it was before (based on Fishing Level), I don't know.. I've been in the highest tier for so long I don't remember. :)  And that's how it SHOULD be, since it doesn't make much sense to put people that only have motorboats (but at player level 200+ but are just getting started out in fishing) against people that have trawlers.. But from what I can see, everyone in my level bracket that I can see that is below level 56 in fishing is ABOVE level 56 in player level, which leads me to believe it's based on player level. That may indeed be a mistake, I have no idea. :)
  • @Olsen Banden (SKN1) @chami (AU1) The issue with sorting the levels in the FHWE is a bug, the team are aware of it, so hopefully it will be back to normal next time.
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    @WascallyWabbit Thank you for replying  :) good luck...
  • artful (US1) said:
    Not really sure how it's more fair to have a random fish to start -- everyone knew it began with oysters, so everyone could plan ahead. Wouldn't mind the randomness of the first crate if we could seed the ponds. As it is now, I can't even start the event for hours.  Even with the other HWEs, we know it's going to start with corn, and we can plant whatever else is coming up next.
    @artful (US1) As far as we know the change from Oysters to Herring is connected to the removal of the calendar, because by far, the biggest complaint was that the FHWE would be impossible with no advanced warning, as it took so long to prepare for Oysters. Herring is much easier & it will not be randomly changing,  we are told that it will be staying as Herring . As for the other 2 HWE's, the same problem did not exist & the CMs are not aware of any changes being made to them, but they are checking to confirm that.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Just my luck, we now start out with Herring and I get the very rare 4 Shellfish pools!  :D

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    ...and I have NO herring pools!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I am just sitting this one out, then I have nothing to complain about, lol.  :smiley:
  • emmit69 (GB1)emmit69 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    I understood that we would no longer have 2 shellfish pools on the trot,well I have and it will stop me in my tracks, not happy.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @WascallyWabbit with no advance warning, it doesn't much matter what they start with. Some of us had absolutely no herring pools this morning ....LOL!  This is one of two events left that I truly enjoyed, and now I have to just ignore it ... fish a little and win some feed. *yawn* ...  :)  Thanks for the clarification.
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    Same here, not enough that I don't have any Herring spot, but they put me in the 56-999 category when I am in 34 lvl, they say next time around it will be right, that is not good enough!!!! That mean this time around I get next to nothing for working hard, nice work GG!!!!!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    yep, no herring here today :( 

but am getting lots of shellfish pools!!!!

ahahahaha, I am out of this event this round!
Sign In to comment.