Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 1st - Discover the newly revamped Island Farm & More - Discussion

Comments

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 02.08.2019
    Some initial comments and suggestions:
    - I like the house boat happiness/workers ratio (comparable to the fancy house, so a nice option for non-gold players) and also how it looks, but since the introduction of the apartments, my goal is to put all houses inside them, so could there be a way to have the apartment look like any of the 5x5 houses that it contains? Either that or please create new skins, whatever it would be easier, pretty please (preferable first option, so that future houses can be selected and you don't have to implement neither us collect the other skins).
    - I feel that the variety orchard is interesting for players that do not have all their orchards as coop orchards, but for me (that all my orchards are coop ones) it feels like a downgrade, so could it be possible to implement also the coop version of the variety orchard? Then I would be interested.
    Edit: it is too soon to give comments for the island, but so far so good.

Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
  • I did not see many positive comments, but I am very happy for the new building slot on the Tropical Island. 
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I have been using both the temp farm building slot and the regular one to build the island farm. I have used the repeat harvester to keep those oranges growing while I build other things. I really like both of those changes.
  • Thanks Wabbit!!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023

Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Thank you GGS, my contracts are back and all correct  :smiley:   Also thank you GGS for the compensation package, that was a nice surprise and much appreciated  :smiley:
  • rae12 (US1)rae12 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    It looks like the Tropical Cow has been removed from the hard work rewards (replaced by a deco) and now the only way to get it is to be in the top 10. Or use WWC coins.
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    contracts were restored exactly as they were before the bug
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Everything is back and in order.
    Cute tropical farm items... wish i hadn't spent all my shells earlier.
  • Well logged back in and received a notification from support that there was a bug.  Thank you to support for such fast work!  (I did log in first thing this morning but forgot to thank you till now).

: )

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    What was the compensation
    Is it invisible ?😒
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    A combination of seaweed humus, feed and fertiliser......along with tokens
  • shehara (IN1)shehara (IN1) IN1 Posts: 42
    I love the new upgrade in the island farms, specially the ranking rewards where they give rewards all the way to top 100.. since the indian server has less active players even completing the first chapter in each island farm is an effort worth doing. ^_^

thank you GGS 

have a nice day <3

P.S hope they dont feel the rewards are too good and remove them silently later  :p
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I am updating the Tropical farm page now with all the changes.

I do not do the Chapter quest so if those of you that do them could please write down any changes and send them to me it would be greatly appreciated. Even screenshots will work, thank you.

Thank you GGS for all the wonderful changes! The farm will be much easer for busy people now.
  • @WascallyWabbit problem with special event seeds:
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) how do i send you the info? i did not pay attention to the other tasks but i am on chapter 1 task 3 and the amount of fertilizer is different then your site the game says collect 180 fertilizer and collect 4 humus  i can get you a screen shot just need to know were to send it to you
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    click on my name at top of the post
    then on next page click on Message icon found on right 

then you can write down your info and send it to me, thank you
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Most of the changes to the temporary farm are quite good. Like allowing us to use two upgrade slots at once for free.

However, the removal of the tropical cowshed from the hard work rewards is extremely disappointing. This was one of the events that a player could collect a themed building with their own hard work and efforts and now it has been removed and now we can only select it as a ranking prize for the top 10, meaning that it is also now impossible for players to work hard and rank well and get the tropical cowshed and the tropical pigsty at the same time. Instead of the tropical cowshed, we now get a stupid 3x4 decoration that gives less happiness and takes up more space than two pearl of motivations.

When I was looking at a lot of the changes recently made, they were looking quite good like the Farmers League event. But this change to the temporary farm hard work rewards is one of the worst changes that has been made in this game and I'm tired of all the good hard work rewards in events being removed. :(
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    @ninjahuman (AU1) i agree that the removal of tropical cow from temp farm is certanly a step back and not an improvement but on the other hand troical cows have become very ordinary sience you can get them from VF or buying them with WWC coins
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    ./nod Amber3

They arent that special anymore

And the current HW line reward of temporary farm if u reach 65M is not bad at all

Few gold boxes, and various things on the way

Also the tropical farm itself seems much easier, with those new ressources

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Agree @Exxy (INT1) the temp farm will be much easier now with the building spot available so not to tie up your other farms with the temp farm upgrades :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    SO........Was the Fish HW supposed to have changed?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Also, these new theme boxes are terrible.  I opened a gold theme box and I got 50 Championship coins.  These theme boxes are terrible.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    I got 50,000 dollars, which in my opinion is worse than 50 WWC coins... I did not expect normal cash, but only special currency.

Why doesn't the quote button work lately?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 05.08.2019
    Being able to add 30 workers and 40 happiness (one-offs) with shells is appreciated too. I could delay my house building. In case you missed it, it is on page 6 of the Island Trader
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 05.08.2019
    I got 50,000 dollars, which in my opinion is worse than 50 WWC coins... I did not expect normal cash, but only special currency.

Why doesn't the quote button work lately?

Oh good, it's not just me then. (I had to do this one manually).

Looks like it's got something to do with FireFox's "Enhanced Tracking Protection".  If I turn that off, I can quote - but it takes me to a whole new page where my message is the ONLY thing on the page.

I'll keep playing around with the settings, maybe I can track it to a specific one.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The quote bug is universal. Seems to have nothing to do with the browser, and the mods say they have reported it.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The quote bug is universal. Seems to have nothing to do with the browser, and the mods say they have reported it.

Still works if I turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox, OR if I right-click on "Quote" and click "Open in a New Tab". I have to go in and add a {br} at the end though, or whatever I type shows up in the quote window. It's a workaround, but definitely needs to be fixed. :) And Preview doesn't work either. :tongue:
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Still works if I turn off Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox, OR if I right-click on "Quote" and click "Open in a New Tab". I have to go in and add a {br} at the end though, or whatever I type shows up in the quote window. It's a workaround, but definitely needs to be fixed. :) And Preview doesn't work either. :tongue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just tried it and it works (thanks), but it won't let you type outside the quote box. Think I'll just wait until they fix it! :)

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    SO........Was the Fish HW supposed to have changed?
    Of course. First they stop giving us a heads up for what events to expect. Next is changing the starting goods for the HWE/FHWE/CHWE , so preparing becomes impossible. They must be thinking it increases goldspending. Well ......not my gold.
Sign In to comment.