Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

11214»

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I think it´s one guy sitting in his bedroom running BF on his laptop and in his sparetime. ;) 
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    certainly looks that way summer doesn't it, not very professional how they are doing things, dictatorship at its best, used to be a good game but they cant call it that anymore.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    How do they dare state this without a twitch .....

de sleutel tot succes is voorbereiding = the key to succes is preparation

Somebody must have quite a scrambled view of reality....do they even know their own game?

The new thing they have added that is supposed to work along side the funnel etc is dodgy anyway because this morning my funnel once finished was stuck on 8, i only had to put in one boat of fish to get the wheel to 10, if this as happened to me it will have done it for quite a few others too so another buggy event added that will probably be just as buggy with other like the cc so i wont call it fair play.
  • rae12 (US1)rae12 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    Count me as another player who has canceled their subscription over lack of calendar/notice of events. I liked both FHWE and HWE and could do reasonably well with a little advance planning. I am on the west coast and by the time I wake up in the morning the event has already been running for a while and all the east coasters have a lead. If I knew when the events were starting I would sometimes stay up late the night before to harvest before I went to bed, and could save Oysters.

With no advance notice, I am not going to stay up late every night just to see if an event will start. And the only way to catch up would be to spend gold, which seems to have been GGS's goal from the start. 

I enjoyed the convenience subscription because it turned this game from a clicking game to more of a planning game. But its main benefit for me was HWE and there is no longer a reason for me to keep it.

As others have said, I don't necessarily need a month-long calendar. But something along the lines of a weekly list of events or consistent 3 days notice would make me consider starting the subscription again.

And the Farmer's League event completely undermines GGS' reasoning for canceling the calendar (per the announcement - "we have to cancel and reschedule all our lovely events"). Farmer's League relies on FHWE, HWE, CC, and VF all being known internally and scheduled in advance.

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    What happened to this thing i i think there is a no
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Not a thing will happen. It'll be up to us players to give our best guess as to which event will show up next :neutral:
  • please bring back events listing at least
    if only for a week at a time - is better than nothing

be alot better then reading the little stories for each event
    and we would have one less pop up

• Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    @Maggielin2085Ma (US1)  Sorry - you are beating a dead horse here.  As I have said before, GGS hears our comments and concerns but they do NOT listen and will NOT listen.  Sadly.  :/
  • yes i hate that notebook i close anything that got more than 10 word and they make notebook for notification this isent my language so i ignore as much i can in reading it its give me headache hehe
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    just make your own calendar... keep track of events etc. eventually a pattern will appear... I am sure GGS with do a change up now and then, but it is better than nothing. ;)
  • poly (INT1)poly (INT1) BR1 Posts: 37
    Partial Event Planning
    Not the best solution because it would not include every game event we can win specific prizes for, but during the Farmers League it is 100% possible. Given that the event was adapted from another GGS (Empire) game.
    I'm talking about the King of the Lotus King where we know exactly what events we will have and their order.
  • With the changes that have been made to FHWE, would it please be possible just for a 24 hr countdown for events that are included in FL.  CC already has 1. therefore only need countdown for HWE, CHWE, FHWE and VF then nobody would need any calendar
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Depends on how they design it ... with multiple events starting on the same day, that would be one royally cluttered screen.  (And we need more than one day for the FHWE -- herring can be just as rare as oysters.)
    Agree @Byron Longford (AU1) even a 24 hour timer would better than as it is now, No warning!
     I also agree with @artful (US1) that herring can be tough to get for those that are not able to clear their pools on a regular base. Or have not figure out the re-spawning patterns of their pools. It has take me a long time but I have finally got a cycle going so I end up with at least 1 pool of each type of fish when my pools do re-spawn :) As for the extra clutter, even that would be better than not knowing until we log in the day of  :/
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We know how to clear out the pools, but valuable time is lost doing so. At least before, with lots of notice, we could hit the ground running when the event started. 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    They have effectively cut 2 days off the event, the 2 days that we spent pre-loading the entire fleet.
    As a 3 day event it is entirely down to chance and probably not worth putting any effort or gold into.
    Agree @artful (US1) it was great having prior notice about up coming events.  :p
    At this time holding more than 1 ship of oyster's, now herring is shooting your self in the foot. Or in this case the ship ;) As soon as the current HW/co op event ends. I send out my ships to set up for the FHW unless that happens to be the current one.
     We may still be able to gather enough information to put together our own calendar. I personally have been keeping very close track of all the co op & HW events since they stopped supplying us with notice for the events/calendar.
     And thanks to @Southern (US1) calendars & the ones supplied by the Mod's here on the forum. I've jotted down the orders they have come up over the past 5 months. There is a pattern forming, just not sure how the "Farmer's League" will effect the orders if any. Should be able to tell by December  :D
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 03.09.2019

@WascallyWabbit said:

There will be a downtime tomorrow morning, on all servers, lasting up to 30 mins, currently scheduled to start around 09:30am CEST

And what for?

Not to criticize you Wascally but since the "change of communication" GGS hardly communicate anything anymore, and that is putting it mildly. The moderators often have no answer and CM's seems to have vanished.

Not only the customers are left in the dark but also the moderators.

As for the announcements ingame...when one is already online, you don't even see them. How does it even work? Someone at GGS comes in at work in the morning, decides at that moment which event he/she feels like and pushes a button and activates the corresponding announcement?  I am not promoting more popups but give the info we need in a popup and get rid of all those ridiculous expensive "offers".

Downtime....why an announcement on the forum instead of an ingame announcement including the reason why.

Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
  • @Kimmiecat (NL1) It wasn't for any player related issue (such as a hotfix) it was some internal thing, like maintenance, so they didn't give us any details, but point taken, I could have added that, sorry. :/
    I also would like to see more info in game also information as to why the down time i would like to know what exactly they are changing or fixing.
  • TXGma (US1)TXGma (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    PCA (GB1) said:

My guess is that this will make it more difficult for players to figure out that an event just ended and is starting again. 

Increased and irregular frequencies of events, events overlapping ?  Its all guess work unless someone keeps a diary of all its going on in the game

Honest, GGS hasnt noticed how many players start the game and stop within weeks nowadays 

PCA is right. It is beyond me why an international organization can't do simple tasks like announce the week's events, have events in working order before launching and scheduling maintenance BETWEEN major competitive events. That gives us a break & doesn't waste our booster time, and cause point loss because YOU interrupt our play with a few minute notice. I'm tired of paying for boosters that are eat up by your maintenance and never returned, and losing VF points because we can't finish our challenges. 

Every Sunday, at the end of the scoring week, post a schedule of what's coming that week. Maybe that would be easier than attempting to have "A big ole' bad 30 day calendar". I concluded GG quit posting start ups because things mess up so much THEY never know what's next.

Why we get the ridiculous announcement popups after events start is even more puzzling. If you sent the popup, it could be sent two days earlier just as easily. I too have nothing to do with FB, twitter or social media by choice.
    I'm not paying them, I'm paying you to play your game. You show a CC clock, and its part of Farmer's League, Why can't you do the same for Village Fair and Hard Worker? 

Having these events back to back is ridiculous. That creates stress, not pleasure. Overlapping events does the same. We have no time to work our farms without 5-6 different things going on at the same time. That's not fun and its driving off players. Allow a day or two between competitions. They lose any significance when they run all the time.

The other thing that needs to be resolved NOW is the unfair start times of all the competitive events. For a while, the start times alternated. Now if you play on the US server, you have to stay up to 3-4 a.m. to be able to play from the start of the events. That's insane.

Certainly GGS has the technological capacity to start things in an equitable manner. You are slaughtering your own business. The average person can't stay up all night to START a game. This is causing many disgruntled players and makes it hard for Co-ops to recruit & retain players who can be competitive. Players who work and have families can't stay up all night to do that, yet working players can spend their earnings on entertainment. There are plenty of other games to play that aren't so unorganized, and inconsiderate of the playing and paying public.  We have choices. Why not give the players some respect and consideration? It doesn't cost you anything to do this. Losing players every week does.

• jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    No event coming. GGS  not informing about the next event. By this time, we get the new event. But this time I think GGS is not planning to bring any new event. They are thinking to give us some rest for 3-4 days!!
    Wow GGS you are too GOOD.
    All are bored by boring events. Giving rest to the players is an very good idea. :p

Thanks from all Big farmers
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    See they brought HWE again. No CHWE since long time.
    And they can't see our happiness. No rest from old versioned events. :(
    just do what im going to do logout and comeback when it is over. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file