Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

DSF - Type of fish when boat is out ⏳

Tassawan (INT1)Tassawan (INT1) INT1 Posts: 72
edited 09.02.2019 in Suggestions
I have 4 fishing vessels but I do not always remember what type of fish the vessel is fishing. Would be nice if the vessel displayed what type of fish is being fished.
Post edited by PicklePaws (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I second that! :smile:
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I have renamed my ships so it is easier to keep track of what fish they are going to bring back 4 me ;)
    :wink: but that way you have locked your boats to fish a certain type. That would not work for me.

Cheers :smile:

:wink: but that way you have locked your boats to fish a certain type. That would not work for me.

Once you have your fleet built up, one can afford to do so. And for the most part I do not fish for a certain fish. Just try to empty the pools as quick as I can so I'll get anther one to fish from.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Also, echo pool type has its own graphic.  A Shrimp/Oyster/Clam pool looks different than a Lobster pool, which looks different than a Swordfish/Cod/Salmon pool.. Once you can tell which each pool is by sight, it's a lot easier to keep track of the boats. :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    The fishing pools have a unique look for each type of fish and that will help you determin what fish your boat will have. I have posted a screenshot below showing what each pool looks like. After time you will remember what pool holds what fish. 

Here is a link to the page  https://www.crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/fishing_pools.htm
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I still like the idea of being able to hover over the pool to see what you're fishing. On small screens it's not always so easy to distinguish. I'd also like to be able to hover over the boats to show exactly how many of whatevers are coming back so we can plan where to best send our ships.
    edited 08.02.2019
    Also, echo pool type has its own graphic.  A Shrimp/Oyster/Clam pool looks different than a Lobster pool, which looks different than a Swordfish/Cod/Salmon pool.. Once you can tell which each pool is by sight, it's a lot easier to keep track of the boats. :)
    Ofc that is well known. Problem arises when one sends i.e 2-4 boats to that pool and one wants to bring home the one sent to fish i.e cod and not any of the others. hmm now which of the boats is it that was sent to fish cod?? 

See why it would be helpful to see what each boat is out to catch?

edited a typo
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I can see that this would be very helpful during the fhwe.  That is the only time I send a boat out for one specific type of fish.  
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    I agree with the above also naming the boats comes in handy to know which boats need gifts
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    They are revamping DSF later this year and I am hoping this will be included in the changes.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Oh no.
    The "rebalancing" is never good.
    Oh no.
    The "rebalancing" is never good.
    Exactly!  This is why so many are hoping they will just leave well enough alone.  I've learned how to clear pools and fish what's there to my best advantage. If some of every type of pool is available all the time, you can bet your bottom dollar it will cost us somewhere else.
  • mees (NL1)mees (NL1) NL1 Posts: 5
    wat een gedoe allemaal je kan toch zelf bepalen wat je met iedere boot vangt en hoeveel 

• Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612

To make keeping track of my ships. I have renamed/numbered them. So they are now easy to keep track of what they are out for. Plus one of our member's has come up with a spread sheet one can print out to use.

• I enjoy the fishing boats, they are a great way to grow our bank accounts. I do however have a beef, I also have a suggestion that might be helpful to everyone. 
    We are only permitted to have 14 active boats to deploy to the pools of fish. I don't see any advantage of the rewarding of fishing boats during our FHWE. Once we have our fleet, I think there should be an option of different rewards in the place of boats. Right now I have 18 trawlers & 10 skipjacks in my inventory. I can't use them, but I would love to be able to trade them for equipment or a cash value. Please consider an alternative reward, that addresses this problem
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    If you build, then demolish them, they are worth a fair amount of money.
    If you build, then demolish them, they are worth a fair amount of money.
    Unfortunately, you have to have a slot open to do that. If you have a full fleet of trawlers built up to level 6, it's hard to justify sacrificing one.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    As someone here suggested... you leave 1 at level 1 and use that to swap w/ each new, unneeded boat. At least they don't gather dust!

As someone here suggested... you leave 1 at level 1 and use that to swap w/ each new, unneeded boat. At least they don't gather dust!

True, but it makes more economic sense to have a Level 6 Trawler there (after you've leveled up your fleet), than to leave the slot vacant for building/demo of unwanted boats.
    I enjoy the fishing boats, they are a great way to grow our bank accounts. I do however have a beef, I also have a suggestion that might be helpful to everyone. 
    We are only permitted to have 14 active boats to deploy to the pools of fish. I don't see any advantage of the rewarding of fishing boats during our FHWE. Once we have our fleet, I think there should be an option of different rewards in the place of boats. Right now I have 18 trawlers & 10 skipjacks in my inventory. I can't use them, but I would love to be able to trade them for equipment or a cash value. Please consider an alternative reward, that addresses this problem
    Save those ships for the Christmas event. ;)
    edited 22.07.2019
    If they have the wheel this year, and it takes the boats in exchange.

There was a problem with it last year not accepting the boats, and taking gold unexpectedly.
    Worked out as far as my folks could tell, but they said they might scrap it.
    Hope not, I liked it as I was able to get discontinued decorations I would not otherwise be able to get.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 25.07.2019
    I don't know why some of you don't think this needs rebalancing. Fishing contracts are bottle necked by a shortage of shrimp, clam and oysters. This also means we don't make mystery boxes n the lab. In the revamp. we will always have access to all fish. This will also help with FHWE. We win redundant prizes such as lobster cages and surplus boats which are completely unnecessary. I also believe recipes from the seafood restaurant might be required in the new fishing contracts. Currently there is little incentive to create most of them.
    I don't know why some of you don't think this needs rebalancing. Fishing contracts are bottle necked by a shortage of shrimp, clam and oysters. This also means we don't make mystery boxes n the lab. In the revamp. we will always have access to all fish. This will also help with FHWE. We win redundant prizes such as lobster cages and surplus boats which are completely unnecessary. I also believe recipes from the seafood restaurant might be required in the new fishing contracts. Currently there is little incentive to create most of them.
    In all honesty, a bunch of us don't want GGS going anywhere near the fishing region, given their history of making "improvements."  Fishing is the one area left that isn't rush, rush, rush.  Contracts get filled, and tons of money is made ... patience, grasshopper.  B)
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
                 Please dont damage the fishing in the deep blue sea - I agree that something weird will happen - Seems that way often enough that even if something is working but its not great they fix it we loose something each time -  be nice to have a lvl 9 trawler that could use nuclear power and gather 900+ fish in 4 hours. Ill buy that for a dollar -  Truly I do not wish for change there -  
    The "re-balancing" seldom works to our advantage.
    We need to make money SOMEWHERE.
    Things cost so much - 5 stupid goldfish cost me over 2 million farm dollars, and gets me only 1 point higher each time.
    The "re-balancing" seldom works to our advantage.
    We need to make money SOMEWHERE.
    Things cost so much - 5 stupid goldfish cost me over 2 million farm dollars, and gets me only 1 point higher each time.
    Exactly why some players skip that money-pit of an event.
Sign In to comment.