Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Communications Changes -- Discussion -- [Events Calendar]

Comments

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    The Mods meeting with GGS

Doubt if they ever get a meeting. Hunter, though, had a mighty chisel! LOL!

yep... but here comes @WascallyWabbit with that high tech - high power hammer ....  :-)

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    RowdyRac said:
    @Xcution (INT1)

It is an ongoing process.
    In my (please note, personal) opinion, they will most likely take both words and actions into consideration, when making their decisions.

So not only all the many words that have been written down here, but also the behaviour/response of the players (both those who visit the forum and the many who do not) in the game itself.

Ok then here we go no one from my coop or may be 3 persons came to the forum amd read something out whate going on
    They are mostly depending on the players who visit forum
    We give them idea they get whats going on and then they play better 
    If this is going on we are not machines dear we need preparations before handed so many events are barging in and nonone knows whats coming
    The lolly pop we recived from ggs they will let us know in game advertisement before  the event came just few min how we can arrange
  • Daisy53 (US1)Daisy53 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    How stupid is this????  More pop-ups and less planning?  All farmers plan!  Events might change those plans but all farmers plan.  In fact their plans extend beyond one month at a time.  You can at the least makes plans for one month.  Give us back our monthly calendar.  Change it when you must, we accept and expect changes because we are planners and understand that plans sometimes do not work out!!!!
  • soozayn (US1)soozayn (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    I want the calendar back. I don't play as much as I used to because it has stopped being fun without the planning part of the game. I also cancelled subscription package & have stopped buying gold now too. I am losing interest in playing without knowing what is coming up next.
  • Dacery (GB1)Dacery (GB1) GB1 Posts: 4
    The events calendar made forward planning and organisation so much easier - even when events got cancelled knowing what weekly event was next meant you could prepare the night before and know when HW & FHW was due meant you knew what to plant and when to start saving up fish

Not knowing is going to make every so much harder especially for those of us who have limited time to play.
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Two of our top players were recruited to ... I forget the quote ... "enjoy the benefits of the Master league and the horse meadow"   
    The recruiter had absolutely no idea what our co-op had planned and just bombarded in. One member is giving up playing for personal reasons which we all respect and is now helping our ML co-op ... and our second member that was invited just said No.  The second member just got wise.

Google translation of poaching :  Poaching has been defined as the illegal hunting or capturing of wild animals, 

except that we are not animals lol, we shouldn't act like them
  • Petere (GB1)Petere (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6
    as per all the people above we need the calendar back it is a must

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    Two of our top players were recruited to ... I forget the quote ... "enjoy the benefits of the Master league and the horse meadow"   
    The recruiter had absolutely no idea what our co-op had planned and just bombarded in. One member is giving up playing for personal reasons which we all respect and is now helping our ML co-op ... and our second member that was invited just said No.  The second member just got wise.

Google translation of poaching :  Poaching has been defined as the illegal hunting or capturing of wild animals, 

you are right they were not acting like animals they were doing exactly what you said they were recruiting here is the definition

recruit

verb
    re·​cruit | \ ri-ˈkrüt  \
    recruitedrecruitingrecruits

Definition of recruit

(Entry 1 of 2)

transitive verb

1a(1)to fill up the number of with new members REINFORCE recruit an army
    (2)to enlist as a member of an armed service
    bto increase or maintain the number of
    //America recruited her population from Europe
    cto secure the services of ENGAGEHIRE
    dto seek to enroll recruit 
    //prospective students
    3to restore or increase the health, vigor, or intensity of

intransitive verb

to enlist new members

unless you think your members are animals and dont have a mind of there own then they should be able to say no if that is what they want how do you and the other person asking know that your member is in fact happy there just because they are in a coop does not mean they are happy or that maybe they would not like something better if offered it happens all the time in the real world too the difference between 
    Poaching and recruiting is they are being asked if they want to join them not taken with out there permission
  • Yup! not happy at all. Boo! hate these pop ups! Bring the calendar back GGS. We want to plan ahead.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    as per all the people above we need the calendar back it is a must

Who are u again 🤣 lol
  • BTBB (US1)BTBB (US1) US1 Posts: 34
    I HATE THIS GAME NOW after 7 years I am about to stop playing can not plan anything even the last min changes I can handle but NEVER KNOWING WHAT WILL  come next  GG is losing my business 
  • BTBB (US1)BTBB (US1) US1 Posts: 34
    Here in the US a pop up after 8 hours of  into an event due to time difference stinks if I know I can plan for a 1 am my time start of event
  • Grammy26 (US1)Grammy26 (US1) US1 Posts: 36

you are right they were not acting like animals they were doing exactly what you said they were recruiting here is the definition

recruit

verb
    re·​cruit | \ ri-ˈkrüt  \
    recruited; recruiting; recruits

Definition of recruit

(Entry 1 of 2)

transitive verb

1a(1): to fill up the number of with new members : REINFORCE recruit an army
    (2): to enlist as a member of an armed service
    b: to increase or maintain the number of
    //America recruited her population from Europe
    c: to secure the services of : ENGAGEHIRE
    d: to seek to enroll recruit 
    //prospective students
    3: to restore or increase the health, vigor, or intensity of

intransitive verb

: to enlist new members

unless you think your members are animals and dont have a mind of there own then they should be able to say no if that is what they want how do you and the other person asking know that your member is in fact happy there just because they are in a coop does not mean they are happy or that maybe they would not like something better if offered it happens all the time in the real world too the difference between Poaching and recruiting is they are being asked if they want to join them not taken with out there permission
    I agree with nola; i think it is rude and disrespectful to try and 'steal' away players already in a coop! yes, of course, players have a mind of their own and can say, 'no thanks' but that's not the point. if a player from another coop approached me in a pm and said they were unhappy in that coop then sure, come on over...but no poaching, very unsportsmanlike conduct. Not only that, but as a coop leader i have more respect for other leaders than to try an take their players away!
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 15.07.2019
    lol "very unsportsman like conduct"... it happens in every sport, it is very sportsman like conduct @Grammy26 (US1)  

Not many sports where top team don't take best players from lower grade teams and like in sports most of those better players are hoping for call up.  The others just say no thanks, I am happy where I am..

I don't recruit, but have offered full co op merges.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    Full co op merges are great! Have done it twice. Would like to do it more.

We have to keep a roster of at least 36 to have the top rewards in CCE available. So lots of red dots. 
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    Regarding the Events Calendar...
    I have to agree with previous postings that state that GGS is now simply going through the motions to keep BF going and that they would prefer that this game not continue on so that they could "prove" to their stockholders that BF is a dead game. This tactic, of providing horrible service & game experience to get us all to leave, would free them up to expand to other new, more "profitable", gaming venues.
    It's all about the almighty dollar (gold); it always has been & always will be with GGS. As time goes on, GGS will continue to suck more & more money from us and provide ever-increasing horrible gaming product and experience. 
    "Integrity" and "'pride of service" are terms that do not exist in the GGS vocabulary or mindset. *Sigh*
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    My personal opinion is, that they are just too busy with the new event, it is very unusual that we don't have any HWE for a week, I think they simply don't have time for it, lets hope when this new event is up and running (smoothly) then they will work on our calendar and we can have it back, I am very unhappy too with the calendar gone!!! But hope for the best and be prepared for the worst!

• selena m. (US1)selena m. (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    Am I the only one who doesn’t see any pop ups?I only see news and The pop up for CC.Besides that I don’t see anything.Or am I getting blind ?
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    So, is fishing hard worker, which takes a lot of planning, coming in a few hours with no notice??
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    edited 17.07.2019
    Did GGS thought: let's get ride of the calender in our strategy game so we can disturb the strategy of all players and because they don't know which event will come and still want to play it, they probably invest more gold?

What a farce that pop up after an event has started already for hours...
    What a farce all the pop ups with offers, it blocks all my harvesting during CC every minute...

Still promises about updating some things (like the fishing area) but none to come, again new things..and again new things which make this strategy game almost a gambling game!

Post edited by FastSylvia (NL1) on
  • The current cc ends in a couple of hours now and we have no idea what will be next.  So, just incase things turn up I've not harvested my fishing fleet, have planted a couple of fields of special corn ............... but its boring!  Nothing to plan for, no anticipation -  just a resignation that an event will start but actually I no longer care what it is as I cant plan for it.   Will I spend gold to play catch up?  Not a chance - no point - the event will start while I am at work, so will be way behind as I cant plan for it so there will be no point.  If I could have planned for it, I might have as I wouldn't have been so far behind as things would be ready when I get home.  Events I used to spend on will come and go - oh well - whatever.

I'm fairly sure I'm not unique and others must be feeling much the same ............... GGS quick question for you .................how long do you think players will carry on playing something that has become boring?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    hmm GGS call this game a simulating game. Not a strategy game. There is a difference there. Although they have made it into what we, the players, look upon as a strategy game. Simply because it demands strategy! Problem is that GGS must awknowledge it too and return the calender.

Now they sprung HWE on us, no notice ingame when logging in, no pop-up, nothing at Tweets on the sidebar menue. I do not have facebook or twitter so can´t and won´t check there.
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    I used to enjoy this game for hours on end. Even spent a few $ along the way, figured it was a savings compared to what I would have spent on other activities... Well, that's OVER. 
    Not being able to have at least an idea of what is coming up is unacceptable. Not being able to give my CoOp a heads-up on what to prepare for is unacceptable. Not getting a timely notice from GGS is unacceptable.
    Blindly farming is not fun.
    Nary a penny more shall they receive from me, at least not until the calendar comes back... I don't care what they are offering at 75% off. 
    Even a calendar subject to change without notice is better than this. 
    For whatever reason GGS took the calendar away they need to rethink that decision... IF they care about their customers at all.

• Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    The current cc ends in a couple of hours now and we have no idea what will be next.  So, just incase things turn up I've not harvested my fishing fleet, have planted a couple of fields of special corn ............... but its boring!  Nothing to plan for, no anticipation -  just a resignation that an event will start but actually I no longer care what it is as I cant plan for it.   Will I spend gold to play catch up?  Not a chance - no point - the event will start while I am at work, so will be way behind as I cant plan for it so there will be no point.  If I could have planned for it, I might have as I wouldn't have been so far behind as things would be ready when I get home.  Events I used to spend on will come and go - oh well - whatever.

I'm fairly sure I'm not unique and others must be feeling much the same ............... GGS quick question for you .................how long do you think players will carry on playing something that has become boring?
    I feel the same way, it is getting more and more boring every day, I used to be soo exited about upcoming events, I couldn't wait for them to get here, well... not any more, I don't like the suprise that some event already started while I was off line, needless to say that some events are impossible to finish if you are not prepared for them, spend gold to catch up? Not likely!!! Just not participate in the event, and that is why I am getting board playing the game, well.. of course nobody forces me to play it, and nobody cares if I (and may more players) stop playing it,
    It is too bad..... 
  • Dear Mods,if you cannot tell us what events are coming,could you find out what's NOT coming soon? Namely the FHWE? Then we would not have to hold onto our oysters and can earn some money! It would be most helpful.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
  • Following from my last post,while I have been letting my boats sit on the dock full of fish,my contracts have changed,is this to be expected?
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    It's the not knowing which event is turning up next, it's driving me mad :( 
  • amazingrose7 (GB1)amazingrose7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 436
    edited 19.07.2019
    so goldfish rescue is coming today,that's the wrong sort of fish ggs !
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 19.07.2019

... and this is how GGS transformed a strategy game into a clicking game which they use as advertising platform, their sales the only thing that matters 

pop ups interrupting every few seconds, I think GGS doesnt want us to forget they exist

serious games have found a way to have 3rd parties advertise, people can play without incurring ridiculous costs, and the games run much more smoothly and untroubled

now exploring the gaming world, I wish I had done it earlier

• Does anyone know what day Northern Lights ends?  That is the only reason I need a calendar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file