Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 1st - Summer Fun has just begun! - Discussion

Comments

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Has Farmer's League been shelved ??
    ;)  wouldn´t it have been nice to have an events calender now.....

Cheers :smile:
    why ?? it's a brand new event that would'nt be on any calendar :D 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Ofc it would. It´s an event, right ;) 
  • I cant see too much fun coming with summer as far as BF is concerned tbh.  I wouldn't moan so much about the calendar being removed if it meant they spent time fixing the bugs and errors, but as usual we are expected to carry on putting up with those.  

So we are left with a strategy game (allegedly) that we cant use any planning skills for thats still full of bugs, no answers to suggestions that have been made regrading punishment park, constant interruptions from pop ups selling deco's as ridiculous amounts of gold and 'buy me' profiles (does anyone actually buy profile pictures etc?), prizes that make events not worth playing etc.  

Is it any wonder I am finding myself typing online multiplayer strategy games into my google search?

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    Apartment block uses same profile/space as workerhouses 5x5...
    Will the skins/appearances be able to work on them??? (nod nod, wink wink) please!  :#

@Seeker1 (US1) The man with the answers says, yes, house skins will fit the apartment block.

@Whoever asked about adding the Grand houses to the apartment block, apparently that is is also possible.
    Thanks for the info.  :)

When that time arrives I want to be an apartment tycoon!
      ...for now, I'm enjoying summer fun in the sun. B)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 11.07.2019
    I'm hoping to get an update announcement in a few hours. This is around the time when we usually get them. I am looking forward to apartment blocks as it means more space for building other stuff as I understand it. We have new production buildings coming later on so this may be one of the reasons we need it.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Yeah, a basic appartment block saves you 75 squares by itself :)
    Wonders what an appartment building will cost. 
    5000 Diamonds for level 1 if the images we saw are anything to go by. We win the diamonds through the Farmer's League event. But how many houses can fit into a  level 1 apartment? And does the apartment itself provide workers and possibly unhappiness? And why does providing workers with houses make them miserable in any case? Nearly six and a half years playing this game and no one has ever been able to explain this to me. Perhaps we should keep the workers homeless. ;)
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    5000 Diamonds for level 1 if the images we saw are anything to go by. We win the diamonds through the Farmer's League event. But how many houses can fit into a  level 1 apartment? And does the apartment itself provide workers and possibly unhappiness? And why does providing workers with houses make them miserable in any case? Nearly six and a half years playing this game and no one has ever been able to explain this to me. Perhaps we should keep the workers homeless. ;)
    In my building tab they are 6,900 diamonds.  Info shows it holds 4 houses at level 1.
    Thank you guys :smile:

And now the interesting part would be - how long time will it take to collect that many diamonds. With cat charms in mind..... :wink:

I am not keeping my hopes up, no, no.
    First you actually have to make space for the apartment, which may mean pulling something down if your farm is maxed out. Then you drag the houses in and begin rebuilding.

No announcement today so it might not be until next week. :(
    :wink: announcements usually come after something has started. 

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    this lack of an event calendar is ruining a lot of fun in the game.  is it that GGS can't see that?  or they just don't care?
    They want us to adjust to the ways that suit them the best. So, yes, they do not care what we think unless it suits them. And/or....

Is this their way to try and even out chances, all starting events with no preperations up front? If so then this can not be called a strategy game anymore. Killng the fun and excitement and ingame communication as a result. 

Because we, the gamers, are thrown back in the stoneage. Same goes for the game.

My thoughts....
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    this lack of an event calendar is ruining a lot of fun in the game.  is it that GGS can't see that?  or they just don't care?
    Who are u again 🤣🤣😂🤣🤣😂
  • ThunderChicken (US1)ThunderChicken (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    edited 13.07.2019
    @Southern (US1) Well done, it was starting to look like no one would find them lol ...... Sending you a mystery box for solving that mystery, now what is the Farmer's League? :)
    Hmm could it have anything to do with men's football ? as the french men's football Ligue 1 is said to be the "Farmers League" from what I've found:

The term 'farmers league' is used to describe Ligue 1 by fans of rival leagues in a tongue-in-manner with an edge of mockery. Its definition is rather simple – by referring to Ligue 1 as a 'farmers league', they jokingly suggest that it is a competition made up of people who take up actual farming as their day job and then play football in the evening. Thus, they hint that Ligue 1 players aren't as skilled or at the level of other footballers in the other top five European leagues.
    Quoted from goal.com

Post edited by ThunderChicken (US1) on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 13.07.2019
    When are GGS going to fix the many bugs including the tabs when your items have been sparkled?? Stop adding more stuff to the game and fix the dam stuff thats there, you want players to pay to play your game but you are expecting players to pay for a broken game. !!
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 13.07.2019
    I cant see too much fun coming with summer as far as BF is concerned tbh.  I wouldn't moan so much about the calendar being removed if it meant they spent time fixing the bugs and errors, but as usual we are expected to carry on putting up with those.  

So we are left with a strategy game (allegedly) that we cant use any planning skills for thats still full of bugs, no answers to suggestions that have been made regrading punishment park, constant interruptions from pop ups selling deco's as ridiculous amounts of gold and 'buy me' profiles (does anyone actually buy profile pictures etc?), prizes that make events not worth playing etc.  

Is it any wonder I am finding myself typing online multiplayer strategy games into my google search?

I googled "online multiplayer stategy game" ......Big Farm does not come up.
    So I visited the GGS website and there it says Big Farm is a simulation game.
    But what surprised me was that besides Big Farm mobile, there are 2 Big Farm games mentioned (see screenshot).

So there is time to develop a new game but no time to debug the existing game or announce which event is next?

It turns out this New Harvest game is the browser version of Mobile :

Pity the current game is not playable on a mobile but GGS now has developed a browser version for the Mobile farm. I wonder what that means for the "old" browser game of Big Farm ........
    Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    i would not worry about it the new one is crap i played it !!
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I agree. I tried it 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Thanks for the warning! ;D

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    ok I am a very busy person with real life and only play big farm for about an hour a day at night to unwind. I do not do most of the competitions as I do not want added stress I want to play for fun and relaxation. When I started to play 5 plus years ago it was all about building and a weekly event to get points to level up to build more. 

The game has turned into something completely different so and that along with all the bug I find myself playing less and less and doing less and less of the events.

The game has become so complicated that unless you can spend hours on this board reading then hours playing the game you just can not keep up. Then on top of that and I still have no idea what sports has to do with farming but you have to keep up with sports to play events. Sorry all but I do not want to watch and learn and fallow football in order to play a FARM event.

This game has really jumped ship.

Now that I have said my peace can anyone tell me so I do not need to spend hours reading where I find Luna and the themed almond orchid that can only be gotten n today is located according to the pop up when you log in to the game?

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    "writing a tutorial????"     Right there I think this will be on my ignore it list.  (growing all the time.) 
    IF this silly click fest game (which I DO enjoy) NEEDS a tutorial, and I'm sure it will NOT be IN GAME either, then phoey.  

But I can collect diamonds (eventually) just by farming... ok, cool.  Whatever. Been collecting a LOT of things I never actually use. 
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Now that I have said my peace can anyone tell me so I do not need to spend hours reading where I find Luna and the themed almond orchid that can only be gotten n today is located according to the pop up when you log in to the game?
    Just be patient and wait for the hot deal popup. Today I saw this offer once already.
    edited 13.07.2019
    So freely translated from Norwegian: "come to the cross road and meet Lana there" means wait for a pop-up heh
    I am a master in clicking those away *laughs*
    thanks all for the answer. I have a real life I live outside this game so I do not sit on the computer for hours on end or the whole day so I can catch a pop up so I guess I miss out. Oh well. Not going to stop living real life for a game.
    When are GGS going to fix the many bugs including the tabs when your items have been sparkled?? Stop adding more stuff to the game and fix the dam stuff thats there, you want players to pay to play your game but you are expecting players to pay for a broken game. !!
    I so agree with you but had to laugh because it has been 5 years that some of the bugs have been around so to ask when is just laughable at this point.
  • I googled "online multiplayer stategy game" ......Big Farm does not come up.
    So I visited the GGS website and there it says Big Farm is a simulation game.
    But what surprised me was that besides Big Farm mobile, there are 2 Big Farm games mentioned (see screenshot).

So there is time to develop a new game but no time to debug the existing game or announce which event is next?

It turns out this New Harvest game is the browser version of Mobile :

Pity the current game is not playable on a mobile but GGS now has developed a browser version for the Mobile farm. I wonder what that means for the "old" browser game of Big Farm ........
    I checked this out, New Harvest and Mobile Harvest is the same game, just different way to be able to play.  I logged into my mobile harvest account on my PC, through New Harvest.  

I tried this version for 8 months, total rubbish.  I hope GGS is not planning on only 1 version of the game and ending this one as that is what it is looking like.  
  • Hi All :) 
    Anybody has info for production of Festive Beach Almond Orchard???
    I know Beach Garden is pretty sweet ...how about the other items, is it worth getting??

OH and one question = Beach Duck , is this an actual production building or just a skin for Duck Coop?
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 14.07.2019
    beach almond is 6x6, so slightly smaller than normal and produce same as normal almonds according to info @MoonionsRule (US1)  the other 2 on offer are skins
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
Sign In to comment.